• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT8| Our love will last Pharah-ver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Also Apex is weird because the group pickings are so fucking imba.

I mean look at what envyus gets in their group stages and then the group b "group of death".

Skii

Wouldn't acknowledging the number of checkpoints in 2 CP be a temporary fix?

It's probably a lot rarer to find 2 teams that get the exact same number of checkpoints in 2 CP. Well it's less likely in my games.

Anne

Nah, it should really be all or nothing on the ticks. A better band aid would be affecting spawns in some way so that they can't all flood the point for stall even when a wipe comes down.

But before the spawn timers changed 2CP was crazy in favor of attack. This was also Zen/Lucio meta too though.

Ambient80

GC8ixFr.jpg
Lmao

So will these changes make Bastion a more desirable hero in comp? Seems pretty beastly with is dmg reduction and healing on the move.

Also are they gonna keep making voice lines for him? Just seems silly lol. They should make a 56k modem sign on noise for him.

Chipotle

Got this a couple of weeks ago and just done my placements. Got 2200ish - was worried I was awful but felt like over the course of doing the placements I started to get the game more.

I've heard about but not experienced the Dva nerf - is she considered shitty now? I mainly play as her cos that's what's clicked but it also seems like she's really useful at some things: flying up to where snipers are, quickly offering some shielding and being able to hassle people then get out quickly. Maybe I just like her cos I'm not much good at FPS games and she gives you an extra chance at not dying once your mecha runs out of health.

Grief.exe

Has Blizzard acknowledged at all that the community hates 2cp maps? They're all just so bad....

The single choke point design just seems antithetical with the design of the game. The game has more in common with an arena shooter than COD and yet we are forcing everyone to a complete stop at a singular choke.

King's Row has a way for every character to get around the first choke point, but Eichenwalde and Hanamura can be complete slogs.

Blizzard should be thinking Dust from Counter Strike or King's Row rather than Eichenwalde.

Got this a couple of weeks ago and just done my placements. Got 2200ish - was worried I was awful but felt like over the course of doing the placements I started to get the game more.

I've heard about but not experienced the Dva nerf - is she considered shitty now? I mainly play as her cos that's what's clicked but it also seems like she's really useful at some things: flying up to where snipers are, quickly offering some shielding and being able to hassle people then get out quickly. Maybe I just like her cos I'm not much good at FPS games and she gives you an extra chance at not dying once your mecha runs out of health.

People still seem to pick her and if they were good before it doesn't seem to negate her effectiveness too much.

Anne

How is SR rating determined?

W/L and general QP MMR if you don't have previous season data, last season data if you do have it. Your W/L and general stats and personal performance all add up so the game has a rough idea where to place you, and dumps you a bit below that. Then it's all down to the SR differences of teams and how well you do in matches vs how well the average is.

That's it. There aren't really hard numbers out there, so just do your best to win and you go up. Lose a bunch and you go down.

It's just a score to help sort you into skill brackets. If you mean what does it stand for, it's Skill Rating.

Angel_DvA

Genji is so hard to play on console, so frustrating, I can play any other attacker and do 50kills+ without even trying but Genji is a mystery, can't seems to find a good sensitivity and the aim smoothing is terrible, I don't like COD or TF but their aiming system is better in any point, I wish Blizzard would care enough to fix the aim system on console but it's unlikely...

What sensitivity have you for Genji ? Any advice To make things easier ?

Ivellios

Hi, i have a question about the ps4 overwatch, sorry if this is not the place to ask.

I want to know if anyone else is having error lc 202 in competitive matches, like the only thing that dc is the game, even ps4 party chat works fine, and then I just cant rejoin the game no matter what and just lose 50 points, its really frustating and I barely play anymore because of this.

If anyone is having the same issue, is there anything I can do on my end or is it just on blizzard server? I did everything they said to fix it, but it did not work..

Gurrry

this game just isnt the same now that my favorite character dva is useless, it really sucks the fun out of the game for me. wish i could get a refund on my golden guns. ill never see them again unless they buff her.

Veelk

Banned
this game just isnt the same now that my favorite character dva is useless, it really sucks the fun out of the game for me. wish i could get a refund on my golden guns. ill never see them again unless they buff her.

I've been a D.Va main since the beginning, and while the health nerf hurts and should probably get a slight buff in the armor, you can still wreck shit with her. It's just that instead of just no selling the enemy, what you gotta do is weave in an out of combat as needed. It's what I've been doing and now some teams I played against have D.Va nightmares.

finalflame

This is a terrible mentality to have. There are 23 heroes in the game, you can't cry over one being less than ideal at the moment. The game's balance and meta will always fluctuate. D.Va is mostly still fine unless you're playing on PC in GM+ competitive ranks, she's just not insanely overpowered like she used to be/they got rid of her easy mode.

I like D.Va too, but I got Zarya's golden gun after S1 because I could easily tell she would be useful/fun to play longer.

New kapalan video

2 to the 1
From the 1 to the 3

Whatsup
My name is Jeff from The overwatch team

"Wait until you see what Winston can do with his primal rage, it's really quite.......ameizing"

I fucking died.

antitrop

This is a terrible mentality to have. There are 23 heroes in the game, you can't cry over one being less than ideal at the moment. The game's balance and meta will always fluctuate. D.Va is mostly still fine unless you're playing on PC in GM+ competitive ranks, she's just not insanely overpowered like she used to be/they got rid of her easy mode.

I like D.Va too, but I got Zarya's golden gun after S1 because I could easily tell she would be useful/fun to play longer.
Zarya is one of the best golden weapons, for sure.

DVA is far from useless, jesus christ, just because you can't 1 v 1 every character in the game anymore doesn't remove the fact that she is the one tank with one of the greatest mobility in the game.and an ult that can easily help secure a point.

Anne

D.Va is mostly still fine unless you're playing on PC in GM+ competitive ranks, she's just not insanely overpowered like she used to be/they got rid of her easy mode.

Just want to chime in and say even at that level she's still not useless. She has a niche job she can do and she does it well enough to see some use successfully. The more herp derp parts are gone and her entire playstyle has shifted drastically away from that though, which means she has seen a good drop. Just because she saw a pretty big drop doesn't mean she's bad though.

Cocco from EnVyUs actually ran her very well to win a Nepal map segment last night, and she has popped up in other pro matches. I also see her from time to time in comp queue and she does okay. I play D.Va pretty well myself I like to think and definitely more than know how to fight her form last patch ;~;

I'll admit the initial reaction to her when she first dropped was "holy shit dumpstered" but that had more to do with people trying to play her like the stat death ball she was before. Once people adjusted she was okay.

Borden

Neo Member
Jumped back into this game yesterday. Playing as exclusively as 76 and getting at least 3 golds a game, I was thinking "I'm not that good. So my team must be terrible." They after a few games of someone else playing as 76, I apologize to anyone that I thought bad about. Everyone is doing work and 76 is like the garbage man that just cleans up after everyone has built up the positions. Wow I feel like a jerk. Never actually said anything though but I sure thought some mean things.

Grief.exe

Dva getting a stealth buff with the roadhog hook cool down increase and distance change? Though the latter might not matter since the head hitbox is so massive and good Hogs will be walking forward on hook again, but the cooldown increase will mean less hooks per game.

I've been a D.Va main since the beginning, and while the health nerf hurts and should probably get a slight buff in the armor, you can still wreck shit with her. It's just that instead of just no selling the enemy, what you gotta do is weave in an out of combat as needed. It's what I've been doing and now some teams I played against have D.Va nightmares.

I would recommend that you need to get good at multiple characters anyways if you want to be an asset to the team. Dva isn't always useful, and sometimes another pick is better for the team.

Veelk

Banned
I would recommend that you need to get good at multiple characters anyways if you want to be an asset to the team. Dva isn't always useful, and sometimes another pick is better for the team.

I also play Genji, Tracer, Roadhog, Hanzo, Reinhardt, Lucio, Mercy, Zenyatta, and Symmetra regularly. Irregularly, I play Pharah, Reaper, Zarya, and Ana, but I'm not that great with them. I also play Widowmaker, Sombra, and Torbjorn regularly in QP when I want to fuck around, but don't see them as serious picks ever.

McCree, Soldier: 76, Bastion, Junkrat, Mei, and Winston are the only ones I very rarely play, and that may change since I'm atleast slightly interested in playing basically all of those except Soldier and Bastion.

D.Va just happens to by my favorite hero out of everybody.

Personally I don't get people who actually exclude themselves to playing only one character. It feels like an inherent self imposed limitation to the game.

AbaFadi

Banned

As long as you don't go diving around all the time with her, I think she's okay still. I've played her a few games since her nerf and won most of the games. I wouldn't run her against both a Roadhog and a Zarya though. I played a lot of D.Va before her buff though so it didn't take me long to adjust to her old play style. Anticipate when enemy might have ult you can matrix like DPS hero ults, Graviton Surge, Blizzard, etc. Only dive when someone is low on health and you can confirm the kill without dying. She's really good on maps that give high ground advantage a lot, like Dorado and Watchpoint imo.

Genji is so hard to play on console, so frustrating, I can play any other attacker and do 50kills+ without even trying but Genji is a mystery, can't seems to find a good sensitivity and the aim smoothing is terrible, I don't like COD or TF but their aiming system is better in any point, I wish Blizzard would care enough to fix the aim system on console but it's unlikely...

What sensitivity have you for Genji ? Any advice To make things easier ?

I don't play Genji, but my friend who's number 1 Genji on Overbuff for ps4 uses 100-100. So I would assume a high sensitivity? He told me he learned from Seagull so try watching some of his old videos maybe.

Gurrry

DVA is far from useless, jesus christ, just because you can't 1 v 1 every character in the game anymore doesn't remove the fact that she is the one tank with one of the greatest mobility in the game.and an ult that can easily help secure a point.

When did I say I was upset because I couldnt 1v1 everyone? I just feel the nerf made her less enjoyable to play. I feel thats a pretty valid complaint from someone who enjoyed playing that character the most.

She isnt "useless", i was overstating it. But she sure does feel weaker overall, which makes it less fun for me personally.

Angel_DvA

As long as you don't go diving around all the time with her, I think she's okay still. I've played her a few games since her nerf and won most of the games. I wouldn't run her against both a Roadhog and a Zarya though. I played a lot of D.Va before her buff though so it didn't take me long to adjust to her old play style. Anticipate when enemy might have ult you can matrix like DPS hero ults, Graviton Surge, Blizzard, etc. Only dive when someone is low on health and you can confirm the kill without dying. She's really good on maps that give high ground advantage a lot, like Dorado and Watchpoint imo.

I don't play Genji, but my friend who's number 1 Genji on Overbuff for ps4 uses 100-100. So I would assume a high sensitivity? He told me he learned from Seagull so try watching some of his old videos maybe.

100/100 ? Damn, how can he even aim lol

Veelk

Banned
When did I say I was upset because I couldnt 1v1 everyone? I just feel the nerf made her less enjoyable to play. I feel thats a pretty valid complaint from someone who enjoyed playing that character the most.

She isnt "useless", i was overstating it. But she sure does feel weaker overall, which makes it less fun for me personally.

I actually enjoy playing her more, wierdly enough. I didn't really notice it until someone on here said that they actually enjoyed D.Va more before her buff. Now that she's nerfed back down, I find her more fun. She was a bit of a stat ball where she just could get in someone's face and hold the fire button until they died. Now, you just have to be more tactical about it. Pick your targets with care, move in at the right moment. It makes me feel like a shark jumps out of the water and drags a target into the depths before they know whats happening.

Grief.exe

She's just less fun because she's not overpowered anymore. You are on a more even baseline rather than just being able to roll over people as easily.

Blizzard takes a look at any character that is played nearly ubiquitously, Roadhog, Ana, Dva are all getting tweaked...Except for Soldier, Blizzard never touches Soldier ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Prelude.

Man, I literally have to play Winston every single game because no one bothers to counter Widow in QP.
I'd really like to know what's going on in the head of a Junkrat that keeps getting killer over, and over, and over, and over, by a Widow and still doesn't switch. "Practicing Junkrat" is not a valid reason when you can't even play him.

Skii

Well she was OP before this current nerf. She could literally 1v1 any hero in the game and come out on top. I don't understand how her nerf makes her less fun to play? All her gameplay mechanics are intact.

Grief.exe

I'd imagine the dividing line on console is who has the best accuracy on the highest sensitivity since you're constrained by that speed.

I remember back in the day I used to play Halo 2 at max sensitivity since that was the only way to effectively respond to multiple threats. It still feels like molasses when someone is behind you 😂😂😂😂

Raising my sensitivy for Genji definitely helped on PS4.

Went from shitty with him to only kinda shitty. Still can't get that quad trophy.

finalflame

She's "less fun" because she's no longer OP. If you only have fun with heroes if they're OP then .. well, dunno, that's gonna be tough as Blizzard will always be trying to balance the game.

Anne

S
Blizzard takes a look at any character that is played nearly ubiquitously, Roadhog, Ana, Dva are all getting tweaked...Except for Soldier, Blizzard never touches Soldier ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Launch Soldier actually could fire his gun with 0 spread without really having to even try. That ended up getting nerfed so hard that he went from pretty popular to straight dumpster.

caesar

Banned
Launch Soldier actually could fire his gun with 0 spread without really having to even try. That ended up getting nerfed so hard that he went from pretty popular to straight dumpster.

The old spread felt so good, he wasnt even op because god genji and mcfan still existed.

exYle

Lmao, are you friends with ImGenji?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom