• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT8| Our love will last Pharah-ver

Status
Not open for further replies.

antitrop

What we need is a doomfist punch clashing with a reinhardt hammer swing and the end result is a huge crater around them.

So like the Overwatch version of this gif?

vj6kkca.gif

LiK

Ohhhhh I see. I didn't even notice. I'm just mad that Bastion stole my Genji POTG!

Yea, they were playing serious which was why I pulled out my Junk again. Always need to go that way when we're getting stomped. Can't have fun if people are using their gold heroes which I always assume are their mains or faves.

exYle

Yea, they were playing serious which was why I pulled out my Junk again. Always need to go that way when we're getting stomped. Can't have fun if people are using their gold heroes which I always assume are their mains or faves.

Well from what I surmised from my buddy, they were getting pretty tilted from the first two losses

finalflame

I can't stand games where nobody can kill the Pharah anymore. It's causing me so much fucking stress I swear I am going to die of a fucking brain aneurysm.

LiK

I can't stand games where nobody can kill the Pharah anymore. It's causing me so much fucking stress I swear I am going to die of a fucking brain aneurysm.

I feel you. I had a few matches where randoms were DPS and Pharah was having her way with us.

ohkay

Hmm interesting, I do average about 10k healing as Ana in comp and I mostly focus on healing. maybe my memory is a bit off but I usually have gold or silver when there is a Lucio in play.
That means the Lucio is probably not using speed boost enough

BHK3

Banned
Any Destiny players here? Whats your sensitivty and aim assist in Overwatch? I ask because I've shaken my FPS console rust a bit in destiny and feel like I can play OW again without feeling slow and sluggish

LiK

Any Destiny players here? Whats your sensitivty and aim assist in Overwatch? I ask because I've shaken my FPS console rust a bit in destiny and feel like I can play OW again without feeling slow and sluggish

45/45 for most. 50/50 and 80/80 for others. Depends on the heroes.

komaruR

the aim in ow has a totally different feel to it. initial back when ow was exponential sensistivity then dual-zone came out, i thought it was matching the same as all other fps (i was strictly playing ow only, no other fps) but now that i've picked destiny up again and play it for quite a while, going back to ow feels weird lol.

i always play ow with 70/70 and before i started playing destiny, my aim was really on point that using mccree was my get serious hero. but after taking abreak from ow and playing destiny ( i play 9 sense on destiny), and then coming back to ow the aim gave me a feel of being oily/slippery lol. i'm still trying to adjust to the aim in ow.

antitrop

Is 15k healing/9k damage good for Ana?
Average, or for one game?
Average would be off the fucking charts, for one game is still really good.

On Overbuff, Top 1% average healing for Ana is only >5k and Top 1% average damage is only >3k, so eh.

That only really just shows how many people out there are completely worthless Anas, though.

EDIT: blah, I was looking at QP stats by accident. I thought I was on the Comp tab, thought those stats seemed abnormally low, lol

I feel like Soldier isnt a direct counter to a good Pharah.

I feel like nothing is a good counter to a good Pharah unless you get some sort of Widowmaker Master.

But if that Pharah has a pocket Mercy the team you're on is 75% fucked.

hesido

On an alt account I made for my nephew, we hit a stride at after around 50 matches and received 240 sr points total in just two matches. There was screaming and laughing as we made it to 2640ish sr points, and we had started from bronze level, under 2000. My main account didn't see that high. :p

Kalentan

:(

I really wish they would just let us buy skins. It sucks that I won't be able to get the D.VA skin.

Like at the very least, let us buy event skins for those who can't farm all that much during the time they're out.

finalflame

Average, or for one game?
Average would be off the fucking charts, for one game is still really good.

On Overbuff, Top 1% average healing for Ana is only >5k and Top 1% average damage is only >3k, so eh.

That only really just shows how many people out there are completely worthless Anas, though.

It was one game :) I am at 7.3k average healing / 5.8k average damage, but that game was just real good. This includes my learning phase with her and I only have ~3 hours on her so far. Guess I'll stick with Ana. She's good for countering Pharah when nobody else will.

KanameYuuki

I go around 65 and 75 on both games, sometimes it feels too slow and other times too fast.

Blues1990

I know. There are so many games out there i should play and my backlog is becoming huge. I am not a fan of other Blizz games and MP games in general tho. Never played them before.

But this game is turing into loot boxes grinding for me. Often i find myself playing it just to get that XP and "just till one more box". And that's bad for me. I still think that Overwatch is fun game but for me, thing are not like they used to be. It's not that "fun" anymore that i had before. I am getting tired of the game even when i am playing it.

Fair point. I just go into the game to play a fun match or two, and not stress out with the cosmetics and stuff. If I get them, then cool! If not, then I can always get them next year.

Besides, I haven't played half of the cast all that much, so there's always a new hero for me to play. I should really try out Sombra.

Owzers

So far:

Bought Rein and mercy's skin
Drew 2x purple Mei, 2x d.va, and a junkrat. Mercy and roadhog highlight intros.

I need to buy more things...

Paltheos

Good day today! I climbed to an all career high! From 2777 to 2866! The last game we... completely shitted on these guys on King's Row. They barely touched the point. My hook accuracy was only 54% but it felt higher than that, and some of the decisions on the enemy team were... bizarre. Lucio and Mercy just chilling in plain sight to get hooked. I don't get it. Finished the game with 4 golds. FeelsGoodMan.

I also had a game earlier today where I did... I did so much damage as Zen. I did 19000 damage on Hollywood. Gold, with silvers in everything else except for a bronze in healing lol. It was legit damage too. They didn't have a Rein.

Does "KSA" mean anything? I see it a lot in games on PSN. like people will have their names and then "_KSA". Also seems to be common in PSN names with Arabic sounding first halves (Mohammad, etc). Does it mean something?

Skii

Does "KSA" mean anything? I see it a lot in games on PSN. like people will have their names and then "_KSA". Also seems to be common in PSN names with Arabic sounding first halves (Mohammad, etc). Does it mean something?

Yeah, it stands for Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. So you're playing against arabic people.

KanameYuuki

Did they change the Hook a few months ago? I don't usually follow patch updates and all of that until recently and I could swear when I started playing around December I was able to use a defensive cool down and not get one shot most of the time. I can't wait till the new change arrives and not only stop getting killed so often like that but also stop using him because he is just too useful.

And just a few days left for me to get both D.Va and Tracer's skins and D.va's pose, I hope I can get them or at least make 850 gold to be able to buy them.

That feeling when halfway through your match you realise your playing with at least two teammates with no interest in actually playing and they just keep running up to the enemy team spamming "hi" and taunting.

Even more baffling when this shift in playstyle came immediately after we snagged point A in Volskaya, went from having a gold game to waiting out the clock while the enemy team were so far forward they had a shield generator sitting out in the open area between A and B.

/weekend overwatch

Just had a game where, holy shit, our Reinhardt would Earthshatter and the whole team would follow up whenever I EMP'd. 55% kill participation. I felt important!

antitrop

Had a really fun match with Mercy and finally pushed back into Diamond, yay! I don't understand folks who claim she's boring, I love tucking and weaving while everyone is gunning for you.

Ya, GA'ing all over the place is like half the appeal of Mercy to me. Zen is my favorite support to play, but Mercy is a close second.

Good play in the video, only tip I have is to damage boost Roadhog when you hear him hit a hook, just in case he hooked a tank or screws up the 1-shot on a squishy.

antitrop

Zen would totally be my main if my aim with him wasn't total ass.

I've played a shitload of hours on him and still have my hot and cold games with his primary fire. Sometimes you're just dinking headshots left and right on Discord'd targets and sometimes you can't hit someone 2 feet in front of you.

But the good part about Zen is that even on the cold games, you're still getting tons of value out of the Orbs.

Ambient80

Fair point. I just go into the game to play a fun match or two, and not stress out with the cosmetics and stuff. If I get them, then cool! If not, then I can always get them next year.

Besides, I haven't played half of the cast all that much, so there's always a new hero for me to play. I should really try out Sombra.
Sombra is silly fun once you realize that you're not gonna get a ton of kills, just irritate the enemy team and occasionally disable their abilities so teammates can take them out. Hacking a Reinhardt and watching them run around shieldless is fun :D

Blues1990

Sombra is silly fun once you realize that you're not gonna get a ton of kills, just irritate the enemy team and occasionally disable their abilities so teammates can take them out. Hacking a Reinhardt and watching them run around shieldless is fun :D

The main reason why I wanted to start playing her is due this this video & this guide. Like with Mei, Sombra is designed in mind to disrupt and annoy the piss out of the opposing team, but I'm worried that people are going to throw games if I pick her. :(

I've never really played her but today I had a few games with her and loved it. Poor enemy Reins.

My best play for the day: Cheers, love.
Heh

Getting multis with the sticky is such a good feeling
Some of the people I pick on as Tracer I feel sorry for lol. It only last a second though.
Same

Today on defense volskaya I just kept killing their enemy Mercy before she'd even reached the choke point

I felt sooo bad but it was really effective

Veelk

Banned
Tracer is still so fun~

Hope they never nerf her tbh. I love being a gnat

I'm not a great player, but I do REALLY good with her whenever I play her. Or nearly so. I think I can only remember one match where I just wasn't making any headway, and that was because the team was so tightly working together that I had no opening. But most of the time, I just drive the other team into insanity because they just can't kill me. I can pull off REALLY obnoxious attacks that would get me killed with any other character. Even when I lose the game, I get gold in damage and elims if I play her.

Yet I rarely have actual trouble with other tracers. I mean, sometimes I play her counter like Roadhog, but even if I don't, I seem to handle her fine as, say, D.Va, who should be kind of helpless against her.

I don't know what that makes her. I feel I'm more efficient with her than I should be and way easier to do well with than other characters, which suggests her being stronger than she should be, yet she rarely ever seems to cause me real problems nowadays when I'm on the other side of the fence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom