• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT8| Our love will last Pharah-ver

Status
Not open for further replies.

hypernima

Banned
Ugh, I'm so frustrated. Just had a Rein who played like shit the whole match, then turned on mic at last point to finally communicate about why he was carrying because he had gold elims. When he was being aggressive and dying every second when we just needed him to block. Why didn't he just voice his complaints the whole match, why didn't he adapt? Me and one other Roadhog were making plays the whole game and this guy turns it on the last minute just to bitch back and say he carried?

Owzers

Soloq....the out of chat Rein and bastion defend eich point a away from the choke and the team lets three people flank us from the left through the castle. Loss. Sad.

Next game we have gibrlaltar, three tanks, zen, reaper in a group of 5 and me, I go Ana because why not? I did okay and despite the team not grouping together at all at the start we held before the first point, I go to my main Lucio for attack and we win easily,

Overwatch is weird and not consistent, if only there was a hero willing to join me in comp on this dark night.

Moonkeis

OW has been some of the most fun MP experiences I've had for a FPS but also the most frustrating. Players constantly trolling matches, wasting everyone's time. I've seen complaints on the Blizzard forum on banning players from other regions, but I've actually had some of my best matches with Korean players. I'd rather play without voice chat if it means not having to hear the same bickering back and forth.

Just pushed the payload nearly all the way to the third point in a 5v6 on Eichenwalde. Did pretty good on defense too but they won eventually. Our Rein disconnected before we even passed the first choke point but we managed to take the point and snowball quite a ways before they completely stopped us. That was the best I have ever seen a team do in that situation, I think. If the dude came back, we could have won that easily. Match lasted a long time but he never did. RIP

papasmurf1038

Neo Member
I'm a big Winston booster, but I just played a match as D.Va for the first time this season and holy cow, she is so much better than Winston. More health, better damage, better shielding, better ult. I'm glad she's getting toned down.

I'm a big Winston booster, but I just played a match as D.Va for the first time this season and holy cow, she is so much better than Winston. More health, better damage, better shielding, better ult. I'm glad she's getting toned down.

Yeah people still boost Rein even if he doesn't have Ult, but D.VA has the mobility to make Nanoboost so good.

Well, after a draw and a loss I'm two wins from 2800 and I think I need to call it for today lol.

My last match I was playing out of my mind as Lucio to salvage a draw, while the diamonds kept shit talking on the platinums.

If they had concentrated I bet we could've won.

D.Va in the current meta is like Winston if Winston was anything more than a surprise pick (again, in the current meta). Hopefully Blizz finds a way to make both dive tanks viable soon.

BigDug13

Ugh, I'm so frustrated. Just had a Rein who played like shit the whole match, then turned on mic at last point to finally communicate about why he was carrying because he had gold elims. When he was being aggressive and dying every second when we just needed him to block. Why didn't he just voice his complaints the whole match, why didn't he adapt? Me and one other Roadhog were making plays the whole game and this guy turns it on the last minute just to bitch back and say he carried?

I get what you're saying, but a Rein should never have gold elims. Somebody on that team failed in the DPS department.

hypernima

Banned
I get what you're saying, but a Rein should never have gold elims. Somebody on that team failed in the DPS department.

He did DPS the last match. Which is why it was adding up, when I locked him out of DPS he switched to Rein.

Edit: On defense I was playing support.

Jblanks

Yeah people still boost Rein even if he doesn't have Ult, but D.VA has the mobility to make Nanoboost so good.

Well, after a draw and a loss I'm two wins from 2800 and I think I need to call it for today lol.

My last match I was playing out of my mind as Lucio to salvage a draw, while the diamonds kept shit talking on the platinums.

If they had concentrated I bet we could've won.

If you have a Lucio speed burst + DVa nano boosted it's insane; she doesn't even have to stop shooting.

I'm never really sure what I'm supposed to be doing as Winston.

He seems squishy for a tank, and his shield is so wimpy. His ult doesn't even do that much damage.

papasmurf1038

Neo Member
D.Va in the current meta is like Winston if Winston was anything more than a surprise pick (again, in the current meta). Hopefully Blizz finds a way to make both dive tanks viable soon.

The health/armor switch should help a lot in terms of bringing D.Va down, but I think what I'd like to see happen for Winston is for direct hits from his jump pack to do more damage, up from 50 to 75-100 or so. It'd make him a more reliable threat against Tracer and would avoid the problems inherent in buffing his barrier or gun too much.

I'm never really sure what I'm supposed to be doing as Winston.

He seems squishy for a tank, and his shield is so wimpy. His ult doesn't even do that much damage.

Surviving as Winston is all about positioning and effectively managing his staggered cooldowns. Always try to estimate how much damage you're jumping into and make sure that your bubble will last the 6 seconds it takes to refresh your cooldown and jump out. The bubble only has 600 health, so it's going to get focused through immediately if you dive straight into the center of the enemy when no one else on your team has engaged. Instead, try to jump in on backline healers, elevated range characters (Soldier, McCree, Hanzo), and any lone players who are trickling in from spawn.

When your bubble does start going down and you jump out, keep in mind that your jump will refresh long before your bubble does. It can be tempting to jump right back in after six seconds, but that leaves the enemy team with 7+ seconds to shoot at your enormous hitbox for free and you'll probably just die. Use that jump to go find a healthpack instead and then push in when your bubble's back.

Lastly, avoid Reaper and Roadhog like the plague and only push in on Zenyatta if you're confident you can approach and place your bubble before he discords you.

And his ult is trash in terms of damage potential, yeah, unless you're near a pit. Like the rest of his kit, it's mostly about distracting the enemy and breaking apart their formation so your DPS can clean up. As with the rest of his kit though, it's extremely weak if your DPS is unable to push in and take advantage of the openings you create.

hypernima

Banned
Anyone willing to watch my gameplay to give advice?

I would like to open myself to criticism on my gameplay and why I can't get out of gold.

Cappa

Banned
I started playing Lucio aggressively on KOTH maps(speed boost maybe 90% of the time), and went 3-0 last night. Got 40 eliminations on Oasis and POTG after booping 3 off the ledge. Im having better results not focusing on healing and instead focusing on attack, getting in and out of the action, and looking for people near ledges to boop off.

caesar

Banned
The highest is 3k? What. How is that balanced?

Master ow and Overbuff only count players who look up their own stats. So the numbers are really skewed because higher rank players are more likely to search themselves. Diamond is definitely not top 25%, more like top 10-15%.

Azoor

I started playing Lucio aggressively on KOTH maps(speed boost maybe 90% of the time), and went 3-0 last night. Got 40 eliminations on Oasis and POTG after booping 3 off the ledge. Im having better results not focusing on healing and instead focusing on attack, getting in and out of the action, and looking for people near ledges to boop off.

That's a pretty good strategy, especially when you have an Ana on your team.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Finally hit diamond, climbed from upper gold at the start of the season. So happy to see the glittering icon :)

Heropon

I made a big mistake: Played competitive again, got matched against a team of 5 people and got smashed. I'm not returning until I can carry a team, which means never.

Being a good Mercy is quite difficult. It's all about who to prioritize healing and the perfect timing for a rez.

Is it really that hard to turn on teammate health bars and then pay attention?

The hardest part of playing mercy is avoiding getting picked off every fight.

holysan

Always funny seeing Mercys who don't heal because they have rez and NEED to hide just to be found and killed by a Genji which leeds to a full team wipe. Just play Lucio or don't pick support. A 3rd DPS is more useful than a 2nd healer which is Mercy.

Mercy is like the support version of Sombra. Yes, you can be highly effective. Yes, your ult can be incredibly clutch two or three times a game.

But in competitive it's just an uphill battle to perform at the same level as the other available options. So just pick S76/Ana.

Lucio, Ana, and Zen all have far more utility than Mercy. They just do more things for the team.

Well I see the hate for Mercy continues in here like usual.....

All of you fight me irl

You and your wet paper towel blaster, k.

Mercy is terrifying when she's smart enough to pocket a Reaper or Pharah though. Good luck killing both of them before you die.

Mercy needs an E which switches off Genji, cause you know she made that body, she can stop it.

Giving her crowd control like Ana's sleep dart would make her so good. Knock em out then fly away.

antitrop

Always funny seeing Mercys who don't heal because they have rez and NEED to hide just to be found and killed by a Genji which leeds to a full team wipe. Just play Lucio or don't pick support. A 3rd DPS is more useful than a 2nd healer which is Mercy.
And if Sombra ever gets more popular, she's pretty good at going invisible and hunting down that hiding Mercy.

Tempo Rez is where it's at.

holysan

Roadhog's hook is the biggest BS of the game. And people still want to complain about Hanzo. At least Hanzo is not in almost every game.

And even if Hog misses his hook, he can press right click and oneshot every midrange non-tank hero. I know it's hard to hit, but it feels soooooo bad and random to get killed by it.
Remember the times where you picked Reaper to counter tanks? Reaper is fastfood for Hog now.

And even if Hog misses his hook, he can press right click and oneshot every midrange non-tank hero. I know it's hard to hit, but it feels soooooo bad and random to get killed by it.

lmao I literally just saw this on b1rd_tv stream. Missed hook, right clicked Tracer . Dude was so mad, just typed a bunch of gibbrish in the all chat

How's 2.1 Hook on the PTR is fine with me. Just enough skill required that I will no longer be annoyed by getting hit with it.

Tempo Rez is where it's at.

Yep. One or two main heroes down? Other team used ults? You're still Alive Mercy?

REZ.

I've lost many fights because I went in knowing I'd bait an ultimate or two and then Mercy could revive me and our tank, but then she doesn't revive because two people isn't enough of a Rez for her.

Grief.exe

I tilted a Pharah in a game yesterday by hooking her all game on Oasis.

At the end of the game she was saying she couldn't wait for the hook nerf. It's going to be easier to hook Pharahs post-patch 😂😂😂😂😂

Azoor

Is it really that hard to turn on teammate health bars and then pay attention?

The hardest part of playing mercy is avoiding getting picked off every fight.

Survivability is a huge part of being a Mercy as well. But a lot of Mercy players commit the mistake of following one player and forgetting the rest of the team. This is why prioritizing targets is very important as a Mercy player.

Oh, and Mercy can survive and yet not be very useful for the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom