• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT8| Our love will last Pharah-ver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blues1990

She's still my "main" for DPS in alot of ways. I'm surprised she has dodged any balancing for all these months. Same with Reaper.

Reinhardt, Tracer, & Reaper are the few balanced heroes in the game that haven't received any buffs/debuffs since launch. It's pretty wild to think about.

I've always considered Tracer, Reaper and Winston to be within the realm of "just right" when it comes to balance. Sure there's a few things I might consider changing (not fond of Reaper being able to grab health packs as a wraith, orbs are fine) but compared to the rest of the rosters fluctuations they've endured.

^oh yeah, add Rein as well

FoxSpirit

I can't wait for the Mercy res change, that will help out such a boatload when triple ressing. So many situations where I triple res, get insta killed by the 4 remaining enemy team members, then watch my team die because no healer.

Looking forward to that.

Reinhardt, Tracer, & Reaper are the few balanced heroes in the game that haven't received any buffs/debuffs since launch. It's pretty wild to think about.

It's crazy to me that they've never looked at Rein. He's consistently one of the most popular picks in the game and it always feels like you're at a massive disadvantage when you don't have him.

ohkay

It's crazy to me that they've never looked at Rein. He's consistently one of the most popular picks in the game and it always feels like you're at a massive disadvantage when you don't have him.
I don't think it's Rein's design that makes him necessary, it's the maps. Pretty much everything he does is about risk/reward

Blues1990

I do wonder if it's due to Reinhardt itself, or how there really isn't another dedicated Tank Hero. The issue isn't that Reinhardt is so good he has to be on the team, but that every team needs a pusher in the front lines and Reinhardt is the only character that is able to do that effectively.

Zarya could've filled that role once, but with the change to her Particle Barrier, she is part of the 'Off-Tank' group.

ISOM

I don't think it's Rein's design that makes him necessary, it's the maps. Pretty much everything he does is about risk/reward

It's not the maps really. It's his design. No other tank has the ability to shield your team from damage so much and thus denying the other team picks and ult charge. He's effective at choke points, he's effective at holding control points. The only reason you wouldn't need him is for dive comps. I don't know what Blizzard can do to alleviate it or even if they should do anything.

Angel_DvA

There is something interesting about the elimination system in Overwatch that appeal to everyone and especially the casual crowd, I was playing with some of my friends that usually don't play too much FPS because they suck ass and they rage-quit pretty quickly because of it, they said to me that they aren't enjoying COD for example because their KD sucks and they don't kill enough people to think they're valuable to other people but they were enjoying Overwatch like crazy, yelling stuff like "oh my God, do you see that ? I killed 3 people in less than 2 minutes, game is amazing..."

Sure it wasn't really their kills but the assist=elimination stuff and I think this system is really great, it rewards team play, make people think they're valuable, boost your confidence and make you less obsessed by your KD because it always looks like you're doing great, I think all games should copy this system, it can maybe even kill camping in games...

they were so exited that they decided to buy the game tonight, good job Blizzard, looks like the casual crowd like this kind of stuff and I do as well...

Oxn

we up 2-0 on a KOTH, then we started losing, went 2-2 and the guy thought, hye it may be a good idea to go atk Trob huh, and we get slaughtered.

Chance

Some of the people I pick on as Tracer I feel sorry for lol. It only last a second though.

Sometimes it feels kinda' shitty to beat the crap out of a Rein who's running around solo. But then you run towards an enemy line, turn your back to them, blink backwards through the Rein's shield, soften him up and drop the sticky on him and blow their whole defense and it's like... Ahhh...

It's not the maps really. It's his design. No other tank has the ability to shield your team from damage so much and thus denying the other team picks and ult charge. He's effective at choke points, he's effective at holding control points. The only reason you wouldn't need him is for dive comps. I don't know what Blizzard can do to alleviate it or even if they should do anything.

My idea for a change would be to punish him when the shield gets destroyed. Feedback damage, doesn't start to recharge for a few extra seconds, something like that. I think he's a bit too good right now and the game is a lot more fun to play when neither team has him.

Gorillaz

Solo queue was a mistake.

Im literally just finished the 5th game in the past 24 hours where a dude dropped out even when we had all the momentum of winning the first round.

I don't give a shit if it was a server problem (which is now becoming too common so that falls on blizzard because it wasn't this bad last season) or they just said fuck it

Like, I don't even want to be in the same game as them ever again breh. Fuck the balance updates put in a way to avoid players.

Fancolors

They should bring back the avoid feature, but slightly changed so that we don't have situations where Kephrii doesn't wait up to 10 minutes to get a single match.

Instead of blocking someone permanently from appearing, it should be something like 6 hours. Sometimes people just have really bad days

breadtruck

Solo queue was a mistake.
Solo is all I ever do.
Its also very likely why I am growing to hate this game.

This past week I decided Im not going to play Competitive any more this season, since its pretty obvious Blizzard hates me and puts me with stupids just to ruin me.

Oxn

Solo is all I ever do.
Its also very likely why I am growing to hate this game.

This past week I decided Im not going to play Competitive any more this season, since its pretty obvious Blizzard hates me and puts me with stupids just to ruin me.

seriously, i never learn.

weekend people r the worst. Keep putting me in with throwers. legit throwers, that dont participate and troll, not just pick troll heroes.

ISOM

My idea for a change would be to punish him when the shield gets destroyed. Feedback damage, doesn't start to recharge for a few extra seconds, something like that. I think he's a bit too good right now and the game is a lot more fun to play when neither team has him.

Maybe his right click needs a short cool down like D.Va's matrix. But his shield can go down so fast to sustained damage I don't see the point. It's an idea though.

Yeah, this game hates me confirmed.

I take a break from the game for awhile, and I still continue my competitive losing streak by getting the worst teammates. Suicidal Meis, suicidal reins, Mercy pocket healing a useless genji...

On top of that all my lootboxes are still giving me blues and whites, maybe a purple. Only gotten 1 skin from this event and it's Syms...

Maybe ratings don't mean anything in this game. I'm at 1300 and slowly climbing, and a 2000 player invites me to play with him. In the competitive match we play, I am carrying with gold eliminations, and my team loses both objectives. :-/

Oxn

everytime i get a widow on my team they suck, but today we get an enemy bronze and she completely shut everyone down.

Obviously playing a friends acct or something.

Just FML, for real.

Xzan

seriously, i never learn.

weekend people r the worst. Keep putting me in with throwers. legit throwers, that dont participate and troll, not just pick troll heroes.

I stayed away from comp last night (Saturday) thanks to my internet constantly dropping out. But I did play some QP via my phone's internet and ran into this classy guy in a 4-stack.

dIM2FZ1.jpg

Second round in Nepal I went Reinhardt after he had been Rein then Ana in the first round (a loss). He drops from the match at the start of the second round while his team stays and the next thing I know I get a string of messages...

I would've swapped cos I didn't really care. I was more interested in practicing some Tracer or some other DPS but the dude's spot got backfilled.

Just a heads up - I know the Xbox One population is pretty small here on GAF. I'm going to be disbanding the Xbox One Club OverwatchGAF as it never really took off. I also kinda screwed up by making it a "Hidden" club when clubs were in the preview program. So if anyone else would like to make a club to see if they can have it be more successful than I was able to, feel free!

I do wonder if it's due to Reinhardt itself, or how there really isn't another dedicated Tank Hero. The issue isn't that Reinhardt is so good he has to be on the team, but that every team needs a pusher in the front lines and Reinhardt is the only character that is able to do that effectively.
I think it's definitely an issue with Rein if it's a common belief that the rest of characters in the entire category are not considered real Tanks, that is a mindset that is entirely skewed by the existence of Rein. It doesn't help that the only real character that can contest him head on is another Rein. He perhaps does not need a change in his kit, but he definitely needs something to exist as a true hard counter to him.

I want to try and hit Top 500... but I'm too scared to fall out of GM. All it takes on the weekend is some bad luck and all of a sudden you're placed with a four stack of DPS players and a prayer. :l

I watched Envyus vs BK Stars and I must say Taimou is the best widowmaker out there...

Way better than Kephrii even

Taimou's aim is amazing. It's unfortunate that Taimou's personality isn't up to spec.

I want to try and hit Top 500... but I'm too scared to fall out of GM. All it takes on the weekend is some bad luck and all of a sudden you're placed with a four stack of DPS players and a prayer. :l

I've been getting that a lot lately. I decided a while back that I wasn't going to bother trying to get top 500 anymore. The quality of teams you get in solo queue is just way too unpredictable and it ends up stressing me out. I'm content with just being GM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom