• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT8| Our love will last Pharah-ver

Status
Not open for further replies.
My lasy two weekends were actually pretty good, two really big winstreaks.

But this one started with a Bastion on my team that didn't leave the area around the spawn D:

Probably gonna stick with QP lol, yesterday we (gaf) had a lot of fun games there. Sometimes it's good to play without caring about winning and just charge into the enemy team as Rein :D

You don't carry that. That's the answer. It was clear when they woke up a nanoboosted genji with a zarya bubble on them that we would lose.

That Zen/Bastion...

They really wanted to die so badly?

Skii

Forgot to post this earlier but this counted as 6 dragon blade kills.

Reinhardt stole my POTG though :( You didn't have to shatter, I had it under control! Best part is we lost this game 3-0 even though for two rounds we took it to 99-0. We had a Mercy... Guess what didn't happen all game.

You don't carry that. That's the answer. It was clear when they woke up a nanoboosted genji with a zarya bubble on them that we would lose.

It's difficult when you get stretches of 5-10 games like that and people tell you "if you're good enough, you'll still win" but it's so hard to carry people trolling or genuinely bad comps.

Jellie

That Zen/Bastion...

They really wanted to die so badly?
Just the Bastion probably seeing as the Zen kicked the Genji to death.

Forgot to post this earlier but this counted as 6 dragon blade kills.

Reinhardt stole my POTG though :( You didn't have to shatter, I had it under control! Best part is we lost this game 3-0 even though for two rounds we took it to 99-0. We had a Mercy... Guess what didn't happen all game.

It's difficult when you get stretches of 5-10 games like that and people tell you "if you're good enough, you'll still win" but it's so hard to carry people trolling or genuinely bad comps.
Dunno how we threw that so hard. Damn reaper ults I guess. The Zarya + Genji combo was pretty good though. Might Zarya more often. Did this today.

ElyrionX

22 heroes and I get Hanzo on my team every game. And then every other game, I get the golden combo of Widow + Hanzo. Doens't matter if there's a Winston or Genji running rampant on their team.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I carried on kills & damage last time I played Hanzo, though I did have good support from Zen. Hanzo is like a midrange Widow with an ult that actually does something. Pretty cool. I tried him out after I was McCree and a Hanzo and I did a quick headshot exchange but only his killed.

Torb is my best by far tho. I'll get PotG without turret or ult. It's weird how some heroes click with your aim and others don't. I still have trouble with landing Zen shots.

Veelk

Banned
The fundamental thing you really need to learn to play Hanzo well is that no matter what the game's hint system might tell you, he is NOT a sniper. Stay on the payload/objective, your kills will come to you. It's much easier nailing that headshot when they're only 15 meters in front of you. And it's more satisfying to play him like that anyway. Putting an arrow through the eye of a tracer that thought you'd be an easy target is one of the best feelings the game can give.

22 heroes and I get Hanzo on my team every game. And then every other game, I get the golden combo of Widow + Hanzo. Doens't matter if there's a Winston or Genji running rampant on their team.
Every match this morning has basically been this. Watching your Widow get sniped by a Rein is fun times.

Skii

Dunno how we threw that so hard. Damn reaper ults I guess. The Zarya + Genji combo was pretty good though. Might Zarya more often. Did this today.

Was you the Zarya? Can't even remember. But yeah, I'd kill Ana and Soldier and just turn back to see our whole team has died. I try to stall on point waiting for the res and when I die, I see the Mercy walking back from spawn lol.

Jellie

Was you the Zarya? Can't even remember. But yeah, I'd kill Ana and Soldier and just turn back to see our whole team has died. I try to stall on point waiting for the res and when I die, I see the Mercy walking back from spawn lol.
Yeah I was the zarya. I was tracer before but it wasn't working out so I switched for the second round. I said in coms that I was going to ult and only to use genji ult so we could save others for the next fight but rein still ultra.

Antheba

Neo Member
Just been loss streaked to hell on ps4, 2400>2050. Any EU ps4 gaffers up for teaming? Can't take any more nonsense from randoms ;~;

Skii

Yeah I was the zarya. I was tracer before but it wasn't working out so I switched for the second round. I said in coms that I was going to ult and only to use genji ult so we could save others for the next fight but rein still ultra.

Yeah it's a serious problem at this level. There's barely any ult management. The amount of times you see people use ults after the fight has become a 6v3 situation is staggering.

Zarya is probably one of the best carry heroes in the game. The best ult in the game along with an ability that can counter one shots like hook/charge is just so valuable.

AbaFadi

Banned
Yeah it's a serious problem at this level. There's barely any ult management. The amount of times you see people use ults after the fight has become a 6v3 situation is staggering.

Zarya is probably one of the best carry heroes in the game. The best ult in the game along with an ability that can counter one shots like hook/charge is just so valuable.

Agree with both statements. At lower ranks people throw ults even though there's no more need for them, which gives the other team the advantage next fight. Being a good Zarya can get you into diamond/masters in no time.

Dispatch

Man, I can join the ranks of those who keep getting dupe legendary skins for events, and it's not the skin they want.

I've pulled 3 of the Chinese New Year Roadhog skins, three!

At least I finally earned enough coins to purchase the Mei and Zen skins.

Oxn

Why is it always the worst players that choose the hardest heroes to play. I would rather escel at easier and better heroes if my aim is shit.

Jellie

Pretty much. You win a fight and people use it for clean up duty.
Agree with both statements. At lower ranks people throw ults even though there's no more need for them, which gives the other team the advantage next fight. Being a good Zarya can get you into diamond/masters in no time.

Question about Zarya ult. Had a scenario today where Roadhog, Mercy and Ana were retreating to regroup with their team who had just spawned and I ulted them. Was this ok or just plain bad? The rein was nowhere near them and it was both their supports. Their respawns arrived too late to help and I had my ult up again next fight anyway. I might have gotten too bloodthirsty and wasted it.

KillGore

So question; if a team mate leaves the match and it becomes a 5 vs 6 game, does the skill rating take that into account when you lose? Like, it should penalize you less if you lose, I mean it is a 5 vs 6 battle.

Edit: Didn't specify that I was talking about Competitive.

Anne

Was working on a new sens and went into QP. Ended up in an all plat game while I Was on Genji. I ran out of spawn and hit shift 4 times in like a second. RIP QP friends ;~;7

AbaFadi

Banned
Question about Zarya ult. Had a scenario today where Roadhog, Mercy and Ana were retreating to regroup with their team who had just spawned and I ulted them. Was this ok or just plain bad? The rein was nowhere near them and it was both their supports. Their respawns arrived too late to help and I had my ult up again next fight anyway. I might have gotten too bloodthirsty and wasted it.

I think that ult is fine. You get to stagger three of them, and without the Reinhardt there to shield them it should be three easy kills. Making the other team have to wait for their supports is always a good thing.

Vitanimus

I played a game on Hanamura where we legitimately had a 4 minute long team fight to win the point. By the end of it I was so stressed out I just called it a day.

Hanamura is 100% the worst OW map and that's a fact. Stupidly difficult to push on both points and usually just comes down to sheer luck rather than ult management or anything remotely resembling strategy

New career high...after like 5 or 6 wins in a row. After being knocked down to 27XX this is pretty good. 5 wins away from a golden gun...sometimes the team Comps, or attitude of people, seems like "Oh, we're gonna lose this for sure"...but then somehow against all odds we pull it off.

We're the Dysfunctional Expendables.

Jellie

had a match where 2cp maps are so dumb sometimes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phdHaQhKRkA

That was some nice Ana play. This is my fastest on Anubis where I do nothing and just get carried by Tracer and Mei.

I think that ult is fine. You get to stagger three of them, and without the Reinhardt there to shield them it should be three easy kills. Making the other team have to wait for their supports is always a good thing.

The mercy made it out on one bar of health due to guardian angel to her Rein. Their hog hooked me and ours missed his so wasted a few seconds to kill them with but still won the fight after.

Ambient80

getting nano'd after an emp is no joke. shred through EVERYTHING

Seriously. EMP, Nano, and shred the healer(s) and maybe a tank in that time. It's a great combo.

Speaking of great combo, I had a back-to-back quintuple kill with Zarya yesterday thanks to some god tier coordination and an enemy Mercy that I can only assume hated her team.

Graviton Surge
Hanzo ult
Mercy Rez! and I start shooting/shielding like crazy
Junkrat ult that started a few seconds before arrives
/flex emote

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom