• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT8| Our love will last Pharah-ver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vitanimus

I still think that both Hanzo and Genji deserved to have some nice Legendary skins for this even instead of some other heroes. And especially Hanzo. I can't believe that Demon skin is the only extra skin he got and it's not anything special tbh. And he is like one of the most played heroes in the game.

Also Widowmaker deserved to have Legendary skin.

For all 3 heroes it's not fair at all. Genji more or less but Hanzo/Widow... what is Blizzard doing??

right? like how did hanzo not get a skin that altered his ult? it was such a perfect match.

AbaFadi

Banned
Diamond is rough for this exact reason. Duo queue with people and try to keep a positive attitude. Don't forget the power of pre-game greetings.
Yeah, duo quene is the best way to get out of diamond. I let my PC account decay from like 3770 to 3400. Big mistake that was. None of my pc friends play anymore so I'm left to solo quene, so I basically stopped playing lol. I managed to get it back up to 3530 in three games, but playing solo sucks. I don't wanna decay again though so I have to play a game by tonight.

KanameYuuki

One would assume they would add skins for all the Asian characters at least from one of the biggest Asian Holidays.

Poor Hanzo and Genji get no love.

AbaFadi

Banned
The mercy made it out on one bar of health due to guardian angel to her Rein. Their hog hooked me and ours missed his so wasted a few seconds to kill them with but still won the fight after.

If you want, you can record some of your Zarya game play and I can give you some tips. Haven't done this before, but maybe I can be of some help.

Jellie

If you want, you can record some of your Zarya game play and I can give you some tips. Haven't done this before, but maybe I can be of some help.

I can PM you some. Got one currently uploaded on youtube but we won that game so dunno if its a good vod. Was 3-2 so was close. I can upload another one which we lost 3-0 but can't send you it till tomorrow. I haven't really played much of Zarya since the nerf so my charge tends to be low I think/do stupid bubbles some times which I'm working on. Also quality of ults is inconsistant.

Vitanimus

Those rare Sombra games where your Zarya coordinates with you and your EMP

bRCbtL9.gif

quoting with video of said game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2G-mlau6r4

cyborg009

Banned
Lost 4 games in a row... Feelsbadman and funny thing was when I went bastion to make a stop people were complaining. I held them for at least two minutes alone before I died to a nanoboosted rein...

What affects my placement matches for Season 4; season high or current SR? I want to go in and play some matches but if dropping back down into plat affects my placements next season then I'm going to just wait.

Jessensor

On holiday in the UK and just picked up an elite controller. Literally half the price of the cost back home. Dying to get back and break it in. Does anyone have an effective config for Overwatch? Pretty much what I bought it for.

antitrop

Gave comp a try this morning, is 2200 any good for a new player?
By MasterOverwatch's chart:

ckdSog6.png

Placement matches don't mean everything, though. You could easily climb or drop pretty far from there. Another 20-30 games will give you a much better idea of where the system really thinks you should be.

Anne

If people want vod review for pc stuff I don't mind recording myself talking over one. Im not interested in doing any fancy editing, but I dont mind recording stuff to help people who have questions. I also answer questions and show how to do stuff when I stream ;_;

I can't do a ton or anything and I'd like to post anything for others to learn from too :v

Twookie

just played 3 terribly bad games of comp back to back

first game it didn't feel like anyone on my team or myself managed to do anything

second game I get a widow and hanzo premade that refuse to repick, yet somehow not getting kills either

3rd game we were getting pushed over by the enemy team since the noone on the team picked any dps, only sym and torb outside of the 2tank 2healer thing, which tilted the rest of the team when we going to attack because sym would not switch

why do I play this game

asfhoiafhioåasgfhgaåsasg

EMT0

Banned
I just had a game of Quick Play of all things, where half the team I joined(I joined late) lost their collective shit over me choosing Hanzo to play as. We were on defense on Watchpoint Gibraltar, that's basically free kills...they eventually raged away despite winning.

ohkay

What affects my placement matches for Season 4; season high or current SR? I want to go in and play some matches but if dropping back down into plat affects my placements next season then I'm going to just wait.
If it's like season 3 placements, it's where you end, so your current SR has the greatest effect. Despite sitting at 2800-2900 for most of season 2, I ended in the 2600s because of a huge losing streak at the end of the season. After season 3 placements I was put in the mid 2400s

KanameYuuki

So usually when I get matched vs a group of 4 or 5 I pretty much accept my demise and how things will end since they communicate so well etc, but when I'm the one teamed up with a group like that it's a bunch of people who just re spawn and die while killing nothing every single time : (

If people want vod review for pc stuff I don't mind recording myself talking over one. Im not interested in doing any fancy editing, but I dont mind recording stuff to help people who have questions. I also answer questions and show how to do stuff when I stream ;_;

I can't do a ton or anything and I'd like to post anything for others to learn from too :v
That's kind of you tbh. I really like skyline's Vods tbh, they're super helpful so having more is awesome.

I became what I hate tonight - the troll Mei.

It was in qp so I don't feel too bad about it

But in the game prior to this one, it was really even, I was on Tracer and the other team were pushing the payload in overtime. I had my ult, so would probably have either been able to stall or clear most of the payload on my own, and they were only like 10m away from finishing. I respawned, went through the level 600something symmetra's teleporter... which she'd put up right at the cinema spawn room. She was in a group with three other people, too, so they must've been in on the fuckery.

It was too late for me to recall and blink to the point so I just looked at her sitting down next to the teleporter, and she just said "hello".

So for the entirety of the following game, whenever I saw her I would wall her in. In front of a bastion, in front of a soldier, etc. And every time she would die, and when she respawned she would just come up to me and look at me. And every time I would do it again. 😎

Zomba13

Just had a great POTG with Roadhog on Eichenwald. By the bridge that is above on the corner leading to the big bridge to the big door. A rein was about to ult but I got him in the corner of the above bridge and just pushed him right up and over and he fell down the hole. I didn't record it during or at the end of the match because I had the chatbox up talking to someone so I was going to record it from the highlights but of course I get a shitty dupe legendary in my loot box and rage quit the game before I go into highlights.

After my placement matches, I ended up with a 1970 or so rank. Things held up nicely for a couple days, after which I barrelled downwards unstoppably until I ended up at the 900 points mark. After that it was a constant struggle where I would try to make the picks I thought my team needed the most (filling in as tank or healer most of the times, but also dpsing when we lacked firepower), but nothing really worked because most people only want to stick to whatever hero they like playing as and refuse to switch even if it means the match will be lost. As a result, I barely moved up in rank for a while, hovering around 1100-1200 points. But a couple nights ago, something magical happened. I landed by chance consecutively in the middle of two amazing teams. Nobody was grouped, but for two times in a row I was in a team that communicated, helped each other, were mindful about what the team comp needed and werent assholes or throwers. The magical bit about that was that we didnt lose, not one single match (I think there was a draw) and everyone had a blast playing together.

During that night, I went up in rank about 700 points (100 or so with the first and maybe 600 with the second team), recovering all the rank points I had lost during the previous weeks. Of course early this morning I solo queued again and found every match swarmed by korean players so I lost like a hundred points before calling it a day, but I will always have that magical night.

Finally getting Zarya to properly click and holy shit she's so damn potent, scarily so.
Another deflated ego moment from 4 golds on the winning team? take your kill participation card!

Worst part is I think I have gotten the Winston event leg like 3 times now, and I dont even use him. I shouldnt complain, though. I got the Mercy event one which is all kinds of classy out of a random box. I have enough gold to buy the Mei white and the Tracer one (IMO the best looking of all and I dont even play Tracer) but I still have hope one of them will drop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom