• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT8| Our love will last Pharah-ver

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably earned my last box from this event, well I may be able to squeeze another in tomorrow but I'm just going to splash my credits on handsome Zenny now before I forget to.

Decent loot for me across the board, especially after the Christmas event dicked me over.
Nabbed both Mei skins, Winston, Tracer and Bastion skins from boxes alone.
Also finished this day off with two good Tracer runs in mystery heroes, after playing like trash yesterday I'm much happier ending things on a high here.

Zomba13

I can't pick what to buy between Hot Zenyatta or Pigsy Roadhog.

Already got Monkey Winston so I'm happy there and I got Mei's super pretty outfit (though the white/purple one and not the red). I play more Roadhog and am better with him and I like the costume but Sanzang Zenyatta looks so good.

And knowing my luck I'll buy one of them, play a little tomorrow before the event finishes and get a final box and inside will be the one I just bought...

blakep267

Is there s ban/suspended bug going around or something? Yesterday while I was playing the game just stopped toward the end of a match and I got booted out and wasn't able to long back on to the server( I'm on Xbox). Now when I turn it on competitive just says " unable to play while suspended or banned" and there's no clock or anything. Is this supposed to be permanent or something

Also I'm not a chronic quitter btw

Is there s ban/suspended bug going around or something? Yesterday while I was playing the game just stopped toward the end of a match and I got booted out and wasn't able to long back on to the server( I'm on Xbox). Now when I turn it on competitive just says " unable to play while suspended or banned" and there's no clock or anything. Is this supposed to be permanent or something

There's either a bug or you got smacked upside the head with a ban for cheating. Either way, I'm curious to hear what happens next. :D

I also got the pig hog skin, at first I though I liked it, but after a bit it ended up grossing me out. Everytime I saw hog in hero selection screen I pictured my own face inside a dead pig head and freaked out for a bit. Eventually I switched it to a shark skin which weirdly enough doesnt bother me at all.

I also got the pig hog skin, at first I though I liked it, but after a bit it ended up grossing me out. Everytime I saw hog in hero selection screen I pictured my own face inside a dead pig head and freaked out for a bit. Eventually I switched it to a shark skin which weirdly enough doesnt bother me at all.

I just rock the Christmas skin for Hog. :p I agree, though. I'll never use the Pig skin for the same reason I'll never use the Frankenstein skin. Gross. D:

caesar

Banned
If people want vod review for pc stuff I don't mind recording myself talking over one. Im not interested in doing any fancy editing, but I dont mind recording stuff to help people who have questions. I also answer questions and show how to do stuff when I stream ;_;

I can't do a ton or anything and I'd like to post anything for others to learn from too :v

Ditto I'd be happy to review some vods with the heroes I play.

Tracer, Mccree, Sombra, Soldier, Ana. I guess my pool is pretty limited lol.

Owzers

An hour after my bad Volk loss with a single attack Mercy as our healer i played another comp game and it was Volk again with another single Mercy, but this time a battle mercy.

Why is this a thing that is happening to me? Is it because Blizzard knows i like Mercy so they want to crush me with bad Mercy teammate losses until i admit defeat and main Lucio? No one wants that fate. This is like that time i had a torb on my team and we did terribly and it made me question if i'm that Torb in other games. No, i'm a good Torb...

An hour after my bad Volk loss with a single attack Mercy as our healer i played another comp game and it was Volk again with another single Mercy, but this time a battle mercy.

Why is this a thing that is happening to me? Is it because Blizzard knows i like Mercy so they want to crush me with bad Mercy teammate losses until i admit defeat and main Lucio? No one wants that fate.

Everyone wants to be a Mercy but no one wants to be a Mercy.

It's like all of a sudden there are Mercy players everywhere... and none of them know when to use Mercy.

nOoblet16

Comp match starts, me (Ana) and the other healer (Mercy) mention that there is no one to sit with Rein and protect flanks/backs. Match goes on turns out we need a Pharah counter as well as a DPS to sit with Rein because not only are we getting picked from side but also top...meaning Soldier/McCree. Instead we get a shitty Tracer and another Pharah who can't hit the enemy Pharah, nor do they take care of our flanks/backs since they are busy getting hammered at the front line, so I have to take care of Pharah as Ana on my own instead while also trying to heal and check flanks. Match finishes everyone blames the poor Mercy, I tell them it's their fault for not protecting the flanks and he says "Don't play healer if you can't protect yourself" ...lolwut?

The reason I hate this game's competitive mode so much is that I can tell if we are going to win or lose the match within the first minute of a round starting depending on how the players behave and play. And it's heartbreaking to almost always find myself on a team where no one likes to switch to a team composition that has more synergy even after failing for 2 minutes straight. I'll take a 1000 Hanzos that protect flanks and do their job over useless DPS that can't protect flanks and get countered when they try to attack enemy.

KanameYuuki

It's so different like day and night after learning a few days ago that Lucio's speed boost was such an important tool, on that first free weekend I fell in love with his play style and the character itself but I thought he was more of an aoe healer so I never really used speed, how wrong I was.

One problem I currently have is that I never know which hero to use after playing mystery heroes non stop.

Zomba13

I thought long and hard and decided on Pigsy Roadhog. I was looking at my stats and even though I want to get better with Zen I just suck and even though I'm kind of bored with bird face I think Roadhog becoming his true self is worth it more, especially as I play and enjoy Hog more than Zen.

Still though. Hot Zen looks so good. Next year. Next year I shall have you!

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Zen's new legendary is the only one I actually want to keep as my default skin after the season ends. Kinda looks like that fish dude from Mass Effect.

Blues1990

Hot zen best zen.

Nutcracker Zenyatta is best Zenyatta.

Anywho, I'm at 2450. I just want to get to Platinum before the end of the month. :(

The struggle...

...it never ends.

Source.

Despite all the shit I have to deal with (the Zenyatta & Lucio panels describe my existence as a Lucio/Zen main perfectly), I still like playing Support. It's fun and extremely rewarding in Overwatch. That's how Blizzard designed them to be like.

I don't get particularly angry, but the weekend kiddos really get me going. If I met some of these people in real life... we wouldn't have an issue because they probably wouldn't have anything to say face-to-face.

Blues1990

Same. Finding someone to duo with, even using GAF, is really hard.

Especially when people are on at different times, or they just want to mess around in Mystery Heroes or Quick Play. For example, Blu hates the current season (he thought it was a shit storm), and he might play Season 4.

It's also weird that I have seen players playing the PS4 version, when I thought it would've been much more balanced.

Grief.exe

I bit the bullet and picked up the handsome Zen skin.

Comp match starts, me (Ana) and the other healer (Mercy) mention that there is no one to sit with Rein and protect flanks/backs. Match goes on turns out we need a Pharah counter as well as a DPS to sit with Rein because not only are we getting picked from side but also top...meaning Soldier/McCree. Instead we get a shitty Tracer and another Pharah who can't hit the enemy Pharah, nor do they take care of our flanks/backs since they are busy getting hammered at the front line, so I have to take care of Pharah as Ana on my own instead while also trying to heal and check flanks. Match finishes everyone blames the poor Mercy, I tell them it's their fault for not protecting the flanks and he says "Don't play healer if you can't protect yourself" ...lolwut?

The reason I hate this game's competitive mode so much is that I can tell if we are going to win or lose the match within the first minute of a round starting depending on how the players behave and play. And it's heartbreaking to almost always find myself on a team where no one likes to switch to a team composition that has more synergy even after failing for 2 minutes straight. I'll take a 1000 Hanzos that protect flanks and do their job over useless DPS that can't protect flanks and get countered when they try to attack enemy.

I feel like I've heard this exact story on GAF before, including similar phrasing from the other people.

Xzan

The struggle...

...it never ends.

Source.

If its one thing I've noticed practicing my Tracer game in QP, its that she barely needs healing (unless the player is an idiot and doesn't grab health packs constantly when needed). I think one slow match gave me a self-heal card thanks to just under 1.2k healing from Recalls.

Its such a contrast from playing Zarya and Rein. Heals can make or break how well I go playing the tanks but if I get any healing while I'm playing as Tracer I think to myself, "Thanks, buddy. I didn't need it but I won't say no".

The only time I'll manually ask for healing is when we have a Torb and he's being a stinge with the armour kits.

ohkay

If its one thing I've noticed practicing my Tracer game in QP, its that she barely needs healing (unless the player is an idiot and doesn't grab health packs constantly when needed). I think one slow match gave me a self-heal card thanks to just under 1.2k healing from Recalls.

Its such a contrast from playing Zarya and Rein. Heals can make or break how well I go playing the tanks but if I get any healing while I'm playing as Tracer I think to myself, "Thanks, buddy. I didn't need it but I won't say no".

The only time I'll manually ask for healing is when we have a Torb and he's being a stinge with the armour kits.
Yeah, you shouldn't need many heals, but you need to know where health packs are

LiK

Can't wait for season 4. Going to use the fresh start to bring up my skill with other characters up.

I'm ready for Season 4. Practicing a ton in QP and Arcade recently. I'm proficient with 10 heroes now. People can instalock whoever. I can deal with it.

MUnited83

For you.
The RNG has treated me way worse in this event. On Olympics, Halloween and Christmas events i managed to get most of the stuff I wanted with just the regular drops.

In this one I've barely got anything, a couple of emotes/highlight intros here and there, and one single skin for Winston.

Flip4k

I don't get particularly angry, but the weekend kiddos really get me going. If I met some of these people in real life... we wouldn't have an issue because they probably wouldn't have anything to say face-to-face.

That's this game in a nutshell. A whole lot of internet tough guys.

Grief.exe

The RNG has treated me way worse in this event. On Olympics, Halloween and Christmas events i managed to get most of the stuff I wanted with just the regular drops.

In this one I've barely got anything, a couple of emotes/highlight intros here and there, and one single skin for Winston.

They definitely changed the drop rate to encourage people to purchase boxes.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
IB2QN0n.gif

dont think so.
i got about the same in drops
4 legendaries
dva
both of Meis Legendaries
Roadhogs

2 epic skins
Junkrat w
Tracer

my worse event was summer games where i only got Zaryas and i think tracers or lucios

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom