• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT8| Our love will last Pharah-ver

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeterGAF

Banned
Some guy sent me a message complaining that I wasn't playing the objective. Then it got a little weird.

wrEFBeu.jpg

i am starting to hate the comp community so much now

some dude disregarded anything i had to say because i had a "foreigner" voice and told me to do something useful this game even though i was the solo healer

lost 80 sr that game too

was 3k yesterday, now i'm 2.6 something

why am i still playing this game

Daaamn. That sucks :/

Like 99% of the games I'm in (Comp-wise) have people speaking a variety of languages in Team Chat...haven't heard anyone anyone talk like that though...are you on PC? I dm playing with you once in a while.

ferunnico

Neo Member
I didn't play much during this seasonal event, so I just bought a couple of loot boxes for the first time to at least get enough gold to put me over 3000. I got a bunch of the epic skins. which was nice, and then this happened:

And then I also had finally enough gold to buy Roadhog's skin, so now I have pretty much everything I wanted :)

NeoRaider

I didn't play much during this seasonal event, so I just bought a couple of loot boxes for the first time to at least get enough gold to put me over 3000. I got a bunch of the epic skins. which was nice, and then this happened:

And then I also had finally enough gold to buy Roadhog's skin, so now I have pretty much everything I wanted :)

That's really nice box. Great luck.
Btw. That Hog spray... LMAO!!

Kevyt

I have around 13 hours of competitive this season on Ana, which makes her my most played character so far.

In retrospect, playing Ana has helped me improve my accuracy by a lot. Sometimes in dire conditions when my team is about to run out of time to move the payload to the next checkpoint I switch to tracer and it's been three consecutive times where I find myself in that situation and I'm able to make a difference so my team can move the payload to the next checkpoint.

I have had successful matches where I switch from Ana to Tracer and I do pretty good as Tracer.

I think playing Ana has improved my Tracer a bit. But then again I am playing within the ranks of 2900-2600 SR Plat (currently at 2700 something), but I feel like I could really rank up playing more Tracer.

I've also been watching a lot of So0n's streams and in my opinion he's the best Tracer out there simply because his positioning is phenomenal. I haven't seen other pros with that good sense of position as him.

I don't think So0n's accuracy is as good as other really good Tracers but his movement is so good that it makes him better than other really good Tracers.

So for me it's monkey see, monkey do. lol

Twookie

Daaamn. That sucks :/

Like 99% of the games I'm in (Comp-wise) have people speaking a variety of languages in Team Chat...haven't heard anyone anyone talk like that though...are you on PC? I dm playing with you once in a while.

first time I've had brits talk to me like that, was pretty weird and frustrating

I'm on pc yeah, but I think I'll take a good break until the next season. Thanks for the offer though, I appreciate it!
smile.gif

I'm pretty sure Ive had at least two matches today where my only deaths all came from Roadhog's hook.
Beyond tired of that shit now, I keep playing with people who don't focus him down and keep letting him live so he can just pop back round from the brink of death and one shot someone.

hypernima

Banned
Sorry. i've bombarded with invites lately.

Message me on PSN, too. I should be able to say when I am available.

They probably were all from me.

Man I just fucked myself. Grouped with a friend thinking we were QPing and it happened to be comp. Lost 25 then had someone blame me for the match when I was begging hog to combo Gravitron with Whole Hog and he was straight up ignoring me.

I just want a decent duo partner to grind and climb with :(

ohkay

I'm pretty sure Ive had at least two matches today where my only deaths all came from Roadhog's hook.
Beyond tired of that shit now, I keep playing with people who don't focus him down and keep letting him live so he can just pop back round from the brink of death and one shot someone.
That's when you double down and just make a bee line for Hog everytime and bask in your hollow victory when you finally kill him

Is there a pro Mei player? Any videos?
Seagull plays her on stream from time to time

Jellie

Tfw playing Zarya and your bubble blocks a Rein ult or when Hanzo actually decides to combine ults.
icqM3nc.gif

DcBxoUT.gif

But when you do both back to back, twice in the same game. Oof.

KillGore

Sweet, thanks. Those two are my mains.

My symmetra is currently in the 900s and my Mei is sitting in the 90th percentile (according to Overbuff at least). PS4. Looking to get better.

So I'm at 3009 SR. Assuming the decay rate after one week of inactivity is 50 SR a day like I've been told, and assuming Season 3 ends in more than a week away... I'm going to have to win at least 1 more match to stay in Diamond, right? If so, fuck. ;~; I'm scared to play and lose a bunch.

Jellie

So I'm at 3009 SR. Assuming the decay rate after one week of inactivity is 50 SR a day like I've been told, and assuming Season 3 ends in more than a week away... I'm going to have to win at least 1 more match to stay in Diamond, right? If so, fuck. ;~; I'm scared to play and lose a bunch.

I think it's not a -50 every 24 hours. It just slowly decays over time with the total decay over 24 hours being 50. It stops at 3000 so you don't have to worry. It'll go down by like 2-3sr every hour I think.

I think it's not a -50 every 24 hours. It just slowly decays over time with the total decay over 24 hours being 50. It stops at 3000 so you don't have to worry. It'll go down by like 2-3sr every hour I think.

Is that confirmed it will stop at 3000, though? If so that'd take a huge weight off of my shoulders. :p I just want to stay in Diamond.

*Sigh*

I know quick play is not meant to be taken seriously, but why does it seem that other team is always actively trying to win, while my team just doesn't give a shit?

They probably were all from me.

Man I just fucked myself. Grouped with a friend thinking we were QPing and it happened to be comp. Lost 25 then had someone blame me for the match when I was begging hog to combo Gravitron with Whole Hog and he was straight up ignoring me.

I just want a decent duo partner to grind and climb with :(
Oops, noticed you were sending invites while I was gone. Left the PS4 on. :/

As said, message me so you'll know what I am doing if I am not replying to invites

This is such a minor thing that I'm sure it wouldn't take any effort to add to the game but...

PLEASE add the crosshair on the far left to the game.

maxresdefault.jpg

It's legit just the Short Crosshairs with the top line removed. That top line is so distracting to me. I don't like the Dot crosshair either because it's too small.

Pls, Blizzy. ;~;

BigDug13

I would say I use unscoped more with ana. Somewhere in the 80/20 or 70/30 ballpark.

Something about scoped gunplay feels off on console.

Which is why Mercy is still in the console meta. You can't become the badass Anas that can heal even leaping genjis from across the map like you can on PC. That makes her not quite as reliable of a healer on console.

rulerk1

One comp match i had some dude shitted on our sym the whole match for saying Sym was decent on point b Anubis. Dude was a former diamond so i guess he was tilted.
Next match we were able to make a 3 game KOTH comeback because of how positive we were to each other. Why cant all games be like the later :(

Delete Zarya from game pls Jeff

yes pls

Prelude.

The arcade boxes reset already? Isn't it sooner than usual?

Also, should I try to get them before the event ends or am I gonna run out of time?

antitrop

Oh shit, I'm playing in a QP game with Kephrii on his stream again.

At least he's on my team this game.

EDIT: lol, we got ran over and he left, don't blame him

and then we start winning.... hmmmmm

Swiggins

jjYmoUS.jpg

You should go out and buy a lottery ticket dude, nice.

Coincidentally, I got both of those skins and Reinhardt as well. I just went ahead and bought Bastion because I love his skin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom