• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT8| Our love will last Pharah-ver

Status
Not open for further replies.

FoxSpirit

So I'm at 3009 SR. Assuming the decay rate after one week of inactivity is 50 SR a day like I've been told, and assuming Season 3 ends in more than a week away... I'm going to have to win at least 1 more match to stay in Diamond, right? If so, fuck. ;~; I'm scared to play and lose a bunch.
You can't drop in rank from Diamond during season. Only during placement.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
You can't lose your season high but you can 100% lose Diamond if your current SR falls below 3000. That's what I'm trying to avoid.

You can't drop out of diamond actually, if you go below 3K you still keep the emblem. Master/GM/top 500 are the only ones that you can lose.

You can't drop out of diamond actually, if you go below 3K you still keep the emblem. Master/GM/top 500 are the only ones that you can lose.

I think I'm phrasing it wrong. :p What I'm trying to say is that I don't want to lose my CURRENT SR and "drop" back into Platinum ELO despite my season high staying Diamond no matter what.

I've been told in this thread that current SR is what's considered most in placement matches so that's why I'm trying to keep it in Diamond level.

LiK

De-Beers-A-Diamond-Is-Forever.jpg

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I think I'm phrasing it wrong. :p What I'm trying to say is that I don't want to lose my CURRENT SR and "drop" back into Platinum ELO despite my season high staying Diamond no matter what.

I've been told in this thread that current SR is what's considered most in placement matches so that's why I'm trying to keep it in Diamond level.

I'm actually not sure what effect decay has on that, I decayed to 3K last season but still placed at 32xx which was basically my season high in s2.

LiK

yep, i decayed to 3k in S2 and then got 3100+ in placements in S3. I'm 3k again this season cuz I have no interest in climbing in Comp until next season starts.

LiK

Going from console to PC and back to console is pretty fun. I don't see a major difference so far but console seems slower so it's actually easier for me now. i still prefer gamepad over kb/m

maomaoIYP

When you are mostly mid range and sometimes short range (how I usually play Ana) it is definitely harder to track with scoped due to lower FoV that's just how it is. I have higher scoped accuracy (close to 80%) than unscoped it's just that I don't use scoped much as I don't feel like unscoped is hindering my ability to heal, my playstyle considered.

80% scoped accuracy is pretty freaking impressive even at grandmaster tier. Maybe if you scope in more you will be able to carry entire bronze teams? I mean Ryujehong, who is commonly accepted as the best Ana player in the world, only has 70% accuracy.
https://www.overbuff.com/players/pc/ryujehong-31878?mode=competitive

Moonkid

Oh my feckin God, I bought D.VA before I gapped it for the weekend thinking the event would have been over by now. Open a loot box and I see a gold. Of course it's bloody event D.VA. ㅍㅍ 200 coins is not enough ㅠㅠ

XenoRaven

As someone who is just getting into ranked, it is really annoying that you get banned for a half hour for leaving the game one "Defeat" screen too early.

Oh my feckin God, I bought D.VA before I gapped it for the weekend thinking the event would have been over by now. Open a loot box and I see a gold. Of course it's bloody event D.VA. ㅍㅍ 200 coins is not enough ㅠㅠ

Over the loot boxes I opened, I got the D. Va skin early on, and towards the end I'd pulled five more legendaries: two Wujings and three non-event Legendaries.

Moonkid

Shoutout to the absolutely mad peeps who won us Route 66 after getting stomped into a couple metres off the final point on defence. Haven't won a close game like this in yonks.
Over the loot boxes I opened, I got the D. Va skin early on, and towards the end I'd pulled five more legendaries: two Wujings and three non-event Legendaries.
Ya legend. I've had little luck with legendaries this time round after a fantastic Christmas season.

Man, I never realized how helpful Overbuff could be in evaluating your gameplay with statistical analysis. Big thanks to the people here for bringing it up enough that I had to check it out.

Also I'm apparently in the 94th percentile of Roadhog players and a top 1000 Winston player on PS4, which is pretty cool.

ohkay

Man, I never realized how helpful Overbuff could be in evaluating your gameplay with statistical analysis. Big thanks to the people here for bringing it up enough that I had to check it out.

Also I'm apparently in the 94th percentile of Roadhog players and a top 1000 Winston player on PS4, which is pretty cool.
Take the rankings with a grain of salt because a large factor is time played with the character, but other than that it's pretty useful to see how you stack up stat wise against other players

Kuro

Tried playing again, still getting quick scoped by widows. Has Blizzard said anything about putting her charge rate back to what it used to be.

I just can't get into CTF

I imagine it would be more fun in coordinated groups but all my experiences so far have been awful. Either someone by luck manages to take the flag and then turtles until the timer is up, or the other team is a 6 stack (this actually happened the other night, was me and my friend + four ungrouped randoms vs a 6 stack) and they just steamroll.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
I just can't get into CTF

I imagine it would be more fun in coordinated groups but all my experiences so far have been awful. Either someone by luck manages to take the flag and then turtles until the timer is up, or the other team is a 6 stack (this actually happened the other night, was me and my friend + four ungrouped randoms vs a 6 stack) and they just steamroll.
it's a crap game mode

MartyStu

Playing Pharah in Quick Play almost feels like cheating. Not many people have the aim required to punish you as long as you watch where you land.

Playing Pharah in Quick Play almost feels like cheating. Not many people have the aim required to punish you as long as you watch where you land.
Dunno if you're playing on console but if you do it there... lol

Pharah is probably the most secretly OP character on console if your hitscan DPS isn't paying strict attention.

I hate to admit it, but I love playing Mei. She's like McCree (another character that I love) with a worse gun, but a better ult.

I love cockblocking Roadhogs, Soldiers, Bastions, and Zaryas with her wall. <3 her.

Really blows that she's so popular on QP, someone's already instalocked her half the time.

Blues1990

I hate to admit it, but I love playing Mei. She's like McCree (another character that I love) with a worse gun, but a better ult.

I love cockblocking Roadhogs, Soldiers, Bastions, and Zaryas with her wall. <3 her.

Really blows that she's so popular on QP, someone's already instalocked her half the time.

Mei's secondary fire works in a similar fashion to McCree's primary, so transitioning between the two is pretty seamless. I personally prefer Mei's tool kit to McCree's, though.

Mei is fun

She is still Satan incarnate but very fun and cute

I honestly think Mercy is much more evil. Hell, she actually has a Devil/Imp cosmetic!

hypernima

Banned
A good Mei will wall off a key enemy so that everyone else can annihilate him/her without fear. Especially effective against Rein.

I love doing this. I wish I could main Mei in comp more, but she's not enough in most matches.

But the look? The look in their eyes as they slowly freeze. Time slows down but they know the inevitable is coming, and then in one final moment the light is out. A spike through the head to put the target to sleep once and for all (or well until they respawn.)

Oh yeah, in the last 2 weeks I've gone up from 1000 rating in comp to 1550. :-D Just steamrolling folks with Rein. Tonight I got lucky on teammates and didn't lose a single match, even in one where I was largely useless because I kept making bad charges. :-O I also got 2 PotGs tonight, which feels damn good - I might even be at the point where I can say I'm a solid Rein.

I like all of the tank characters, a few DPS, a few defense, and I don't really like any of the support outside of Zenyatta. Hopefully they give me a support edgelord to enjoy soon....

I love doing this. I wish I could main Mei in comp more, but she's not enough in most matches.

But the look? The look in their eyes as they slowly freeze. Time slows down but they know the inevitable is coming, and then in one final moment the light is out. A spike through the head to put the target to sleep once and for all (or well until they respawn.)
This is exactly what it feels like when Mei gets me. :-(

Blues1990

Mercy helps people though. Mei just freezes them, says hello, shoots them in the head, then heals herself. &#129300;

Mercy is a witch and can resurrect her fallen allies....For a price.

I honestly think we're at a tie here.

Despite her innocent appearance, Mei is an absolute terror. If you suspect there might be a Mei in your neighborhood, call the police.

Mei is fun

She is still satan incarnate but very fun and cute

Yeah, pretty much.

I think you can run her in anywhere and get a lot payoff. But you need to be able to hit people with the secondary fire. It's hard because of the wind-up, so Pharah, Tracer, and Genji can give trouble.

Just queued up. Duo partner gets in game. I don't. Kicks me from group, says I can't connect to server. Lose 50 SR. Suspended for eight minutes.

If your shit server is sending me a message saying I can't connect, you fucking know I can't connect. Why the hell am I punished when the server literally has a pre-programmed response to that situation.

Edit: 60 SR actually. Ha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom