• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT8| Our love will last Pharah-ver

Status
Not open for further replies.
Decide to reinstall because I missed the game.

In 2480 SR, absolutely demolish the game as Rein.

Next game we have a Genji who ults right as he disconnects.

Back to QP for me until the season's over I guess lol.

MartyStu

A good Mei will wall off a key enemy so that everyone else can annihilate him/her without fear. Especially effective against Rein.

I do not know if people realize this, but this is literally the main reason to play Mei.

If you are not doing this in Comp, you are actively gimping your team.

The entire point of the character is to force unfair match-ups through Freeze, Wall and Blizzard.

Grief.exe

Decide to reinstall because I missed the game.

In 2480 SR, absolutely demolish the game as Rein.

Next game we have a Genji who ults right as he disconnects.

Back to QP for me until the season's over I guess lol.

I might join you one of these nights so I can practice my Zarya and Zen before the next season.

Betty

Banned
I feel like i'm punching above my weight class now that i'm at 3400 SR

Everyone else is a master with tons of stars and i'm here with one star barely keeping up.

MG310

Up 2-0 on Nepal, one of our guys leaves in the 3rd round, we lose the next two. Another leaves at the start of the last round.

Guy gets on the mic at the end of the loss and screams "How do you lose that?! Goddamn Lucio pick a real fucking healer!"

What?

Kalentan

I am going to burst into blood or something... I have been trying win. ONE. ONE FUCKING 3v3 game for over an hour now. Any time I get so close, 2 to 0... We fuck up. Every fucking time. Fuck people. I just need 1 victory to get the chest... just one!

LiK

wow, this final loot box must be a boss. Keep getting matched with randoms who can't even play Arcade with a bit of effort.

I do not know if people realize this, but this is literally the main reason to play Mei.

If you are not doing this in Comp, you are actively gimping your team.

The entire point of the character is to force unfair match-ups through Freeze, Wall and Blizzard.

I had a Mei tonight who completely ruined the match. Consistently walling whenever the cooldown was up to shut the entire enemy team out. On 3 occasions I had two of them within a bar of health with Soldier before it went up. Just spam to "delay", I guess, and it let t he opposing team regroup over and over again. I was infuriated because while I've had a lot of dumbass teammates, this is the first time a teammate has actively caused us to lose through repeatedly making poor decisions.

Oh my feckin God, I bought D.VA before I gapped it for the weekend thinking the event would have been over by now. Open a loot box and I see a gold. Of course it's bloody event D.VA. ㅍㅍ 200 coins is not enough ㅠㅠ

Literally exact same thing happened to me.

Had some great CTF games earlier with LiK, ND, and Biscuit... after hours of arcade hell in other modes.

Good games dudes!

That McCree only game... >_>

Fun games, CTF was the answer today on a group. It sucks that if we have a 6-stack it takes forever to find a game though.

When I had all the boxes and was just playing mystery heroes solo for fun my team was always winning. This game is rigged lol

96 sr left until master.......

So close. And you are on a winstreak, if you can win the next 3 games you will reach master for sure. Good luck!

Cappa

Banned
So close. And you are on a winstreak, if you can win the next 3 games you will reach master for sure. Good luck!
*waves pompoms* You can do it!

thanks!.. I wanted to reach it last night but I thought I was pushing my luck. The last game we won was on Volskaya and it was such a crazy match... at one point I got stuck playing as Rein on attack... we took the 2 CPs with 5 minutes left ... the other team had no time for a second attempt so we got to attack again with 5 minutes and win the game.

We went with the same setup.... with about 2 minutes left we realized it wasnt working... someone switched to McCree, I switched to Lucio and thanks to a well timed boop(booping Soldier and Dva off the ledge lol) and McCree getting two picks with his ult we ended up taking the point. I knew then it was time to put the controller down until the next day lol

Quickly did the 9 Arcade wins before the Lunar event finishes. Penultimate I got the Mei Luna skin. Sweet!

Last box I got the exact same, albeit very good, Winston kite spray twice. Twice in one box.

Still. Didn't do too bad all in all. Got the Sym, D.Va, Mei, Junkrat, Rein, Roadhog and Zen skins. Bought Mercy and Tracer.

Cappa

Banned
Quickly did the 9 Arcade wins before the Lunar event finishes. Penultimate I got the Mei Luna skin. Sweet!

Last box I got the exact same, albeit very good, Winston kite spray twice. Twice in one box.

Still. Didn't do too bad all in all. Got the Sym, D.Va, Mei, Junkrat, Rein, Roadhog and Zen skins. Bought Mercy and Tracer.

The drop rate seems to be worse than other events, in my experience, but outside of the DVA skin I think I pretty much got everything I wanted either through drops or actually buying the skins.

Getting two legendary skins in one loot box is great... but not when one is a dupe of a skin youve gotten 3 times previously and a legendary skin not from the event meh

Mendrox

I am currently trying to carry a friend to at least gold (he is a bit depressed cause he really isn't bad). Worked like a charm yesterday.

I am also trying to get my Symmetra game to over 75% winrate in QP. Currently at 71%, but she is always a troll/fun pick for me. Even with the worst fucking comps it works. I love Symmetra.

I feel like a bit of an idiot/case of buyer's remorse.

Got my 3000 CP yesterday and got Mercy's golden gun because Mercy is love etc.

Wake up this morning and think "Y'know...you could go back to being a Pro Ana" :/

Cappa

Banned

Wake up this morning and think "Y'know...you could go back to being a Pro Ana" :/

dont sweat it.... personally I think the novelty of golden guns has worn off now its just whatever.

dont sweat it.... personally I think the novelty of golden guns has worn off now its just whatever.

Yeah. To be honest I just really wanted one because when the requirement went from 1000 to 3000 I felt like Wew, there goes my chance. Even if I find a Mercy (in a good team) very fun to play with a wonderful rhythm to her, I like playing Ana a lot. I might be a bit passive as an Ana but when I was climbing SR my accuracy unscoped was 70-85% and so on but its dropped a lot :)

Mawile

Banned
My friend was talking about Overwatch and I decided to play it again hahaha.

I legit don't know much about competitive, and I thought I didn't really amount to much but I figured out how the scoring works. This time (and last time) I only did the first qualifier set and stopped. In Season 2, after my qualification I scored 2745 so that means Platinum. In this season's qualifier set I got to 2386, albeit I had a lot more problematic teams, but that means Gold.. I'm still kinda surprised I scored that high with only having 3 wins this time around.

For someone who's a total newb to the competitive stuff, how is my current rankings for Season 2 and 3 for just qualifying?

I legit don't know much about competitive, and I thought I didn't really amount to much but I figured out how the scoring works. This time (and last time) I only did the first qualifier set and stopped. In Season 2, after my qualification I scored 2745 so that means Platinum. In this season's qualifier set I got to 2386, albeit I had a lot more problematic teams, but that means Gold.. I'm still kinda surprised I scored that high with only having 3 wins this time around.

For someone who's a total newb to the competitive stuff, how is my current rankings for Season 2 and 3 for just qualifying?

That's pretty similar to me, actually. I can't remember my S2 Qualifications but my Season high was about 2800. After my S3 Qualifications I got about 2400ish, I think they made things a bit stricter and harsher inbetween seasons because some tiers were too bloated. Or something like that. Basically people were getting placed where they shouldn't be, where their stats and performance didn't back them up.

Blues1990

She also has that evil laugh she does sometimes when she kills someone lol

Blizzard even toyed with the whole "Mei is evil" thing during the Winter Wonderland brawl, and it was hilarious, due to how adorable the delivery of her lines were.

"I'm putting a rock in this one." "Better watch out, Mei's going to get you!" "Pat pat pat."

Jellie

Same here. Bought Ana's but I'm thinking I should play zarya more.

Same here. Bought Ana's but I'm thinking I should play zarya more.

Man, Zarya is a Tank I would really like to be good at, but she's one of those heroes where I just feel a disconnect in the feedback when I'm actually hitting someone. Which sounds obvious and an easy issue but its like an itch I can't scratch. Something just feels off. I enjoy her quite a bit so I will probably practice, but if my team needs a Tank in Comp I usually play Roadhog or Rein.

Mawile

Banned
That's pretty similar to me, actually. I can't remember my S2 Qualifications but my Season high was about 2800. After my S3 Qualifications I got about 2400ish, I think they made things a bit stricter and harsher inbetween seasons because some tiers were too bloated. Or something like that. Basically people were getting placed where they shouldn't be, where their stats and performance didn't back them up.

Interesting.

It's kinda odd cause I did pretty terrible this time around and still scored there, although most of that was the really bad teams. (Hate to sound like one of those players but I had a lot of people give up or not group with each other or strategize). The last few matches I finally got grouped up with competent people which was cool, although one match we snagged the point real quick and someone left so a round I might've won ended up getting cancelled lol.

I did shape up a bit as time went on, though, and I was getting warmed up again. Don't think I'll continue since I need a bit of a break for a while, but maybe sometime in Season 4 I'll do more than just a qualifier and see if I can break Diamond.

Mush

Just had the most toxic experience playing OW to date. Heck, it was the worst experience I've had playing online in my life.

feelsbadman

Mawile

Banned
Just had the most toxic experience playing OW to date. Heck, it was the worst experience I've had playing online in my life.

feelsbadman

Sucks to hear about that man. Something I've been doing since last night was muting the weirdos/jerks. Helps out a lot.

Cappa

Banned

Season 3 basically just took your season 2 rank and put you slightly below where you finished. In your first maybe 15-20 matches you will see big gains in SR if you win and minimal SR if you lose. The mentality for this was that many people were ranked higher than they should have been in Season 2, so they were purposely ranked lower in Season 3 and if you really should be where you were in Season 2, you would get there in no time.

Mawile

Banned
Season 3 basically just took your season 2 rank and put you slightly below where you finished. In your first maybe 15-20 matches you will see big gains in SR if you win and minimal SR if you lose. The mentality for this was that many people were ranked higher than they should have been in Season 2, so they were purposely ranked lower in Season 3 and if you really should be where you were in Season 2, you would get there in no time.

I see. Do I have to do another set of 10 matches to be ranked again for Season 3? Or does it change after the first 10?

Jellie

Man, Zarya is a Tank I would really like to be good at, but she's one of those heroes where I just feel a disconnect in the feedback when I'm actually hitting someone. Which sounds obvious and an easy issue but its like an itch I can't scratch. Something just feels off. I enjoy her quite a bit so I will probably practice, but if my team needs a Tank in Comp I usually play Roadhog or Rein.
It makes a noise when you hit. A beautiful noise. Just went 27-1 with her on comp so hopefully works out for me.

KillGore

Really wish they would offer other variation of weapons. Would love for glass weapons that shine as well. Imagine Zarya holding that huge glass gun. Maybe with a slight purple/pink tint.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom