• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT8| Our love will last Pharah-ver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jellie

Ive actually run into more Widows than I thought there should be on PS4 the higher ive gone up in SR... Im going to assume theyre using KB/M

Yeah I remember facing the same widow over and over again in comp back on PS4. They had like an hour total on widow but were really good. Looked at the killcam and yup, mouse and keyboard.

LiK

Yeah I remember facing the same widow over and over again in comp back on PS4. They had like an hour total on widow but were really good. Looked at the killcam and yup, mouse and keyboard.

that's pretty depressing. Makes me wonder if Widow people in QP/Arcade are practicing with kb/m before Season 4 starts on PS4.

MUnited83

For you.
I think they should make Widow's hook has a shorter cool down, it'll help her survivability greatly.
I agree. She really needs a buff right now, and a shorter cool down for the hook would be perfect IMO.

She could also use a ult that isn't shit as well.

Sullichin

I agree. She really needs a buff right now, and a shorter cool down for the hook would be perfect IMO.

She could also use a ult that isn't shit as well.

That ult makes a good widow a god though.

I wouldn't mind a buff for widow for all of the shitty players that pick her on my teams, I'd like to stand a chance

Widow used to be able to get that ult so fucking fast that it would ostensibly be up the entire game.

And her 1-hit KOs were ridiculous.

I had a game the other day against a M/KBer and I had to counter-pick with a D.Va to spend the rest of the entire match just shutting her down. We eventually won, but until I countered, we couldn't get the payload past the second turn on Doritos.

I don't think there's as many people using kb/m on console like people seem to think there are.

Yeah, I haven't seen many at all that stand out if they are using it. This one did.

Cappa

Banned
I don't think there's as many people using kb/m on console like people seem to think there are.

I dont disagree, but when a Widowmaker is consistently getting consecutive picks on console one tends to think they are using KB/M.

Granted, its rare I run into a KB/M on Comp, quick play however Ive run into quite a few all with very low level probably throwaway smurf accounts.

Jellie

Got back to my season high, but wasn't on a streak so not a game away from masters this time (probably 2). Held on hollywood until the jail and their team was in dissaray but we managed to lose. Feels bad man. Everytime we had a couple of picks there would be a reinhardt in our backline killing me and they would have their Ana alive so we never capped A. 90 away from masters now :(

that's pretty depressing. Makes me wonder if Widow people in QP/Arcade are practicing with kb/m before Season 4 starts on PS4.

This was way back in Season 2 before the top 500 leaderboards came online so it's probably been given the time for more people to do this kind of stuff. It was one of the reasons I moved to PC. Even though keyboard and mouse users were rare, the impact they usually had made it unfair so I wanted to play on an even playing field. Though didn't blizzard say something about keyboard and mouse a week ago?

Skii

Well finally I made it
PYom3P6.jpg

(sorry for not having the promotion screenshot, was too excited lol)

Thank you caesar and Jellie for the carry!

Jellie

Well finally I made it

(sorry for not having the promotion screenshot, was too excited lol)

Thank you caesar and Jellie for the carry!

Now you can afford your golden weapon.
It's going to be Reinhardt right? Not really a carry since you held your own fine.

LiK

This was way back in Season 2 before the top 500 leaderboards came online so it's probably been given the time for more people to do this kind of stuff. It was one of the reasons I moved to PC. Even though keyboard and mouse users were rare, the impact they usually had made it unfair so I wanted to play on an even playing field. Though didn't blizzard say something about keyboard and mouse a week ago?

The OW devs said consoles should ban those devices but Sony and MS ain't gonna bother.

Props to anyone reaching Diamond in this season, I never even got past my placements this round after draining my sanity solo queuing up to diamond in season 2.

Skii

Maybe i'll buy those analog sticks for WASD movement. Really hate moving with keyboard in PC games these days.

I hated it so much at first and it was my single biggest problem moving from console to PC but you'll adjust. It gives you a big advantage in movement as well with AD spamming. I dont think you can do that with analog. Well I never tried lol.

LiK

I hated it so much at first and it was my single biggest problem moving from console to PC but you'll adjust. It gives you a big advantage in movement as well with AD spamming. I dont think you can do that with analog. Well I never tried lol.

I quit playing Guild Wars 2 and other MMORPGs cuz movement was all WASD and there's so much walking around that it was a chore, lol. I just hate it now.

AbaFadi

Banned
Maybe i'll buy those analog sticks for WASD movement. Really hate moving with keyboard in PC games these days.

Just stick with it and you'll get used to it. I used to feel the same way but now I definitely prefer kb/m over controller for shooters.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Lol @ title change.

Every time I get hacked by Sombra as Soldier, I just think of that comic where he's like "auughh fuck it I'm not running shut up I'm old"

MUnited83

For you.
That ult makes a good widow a god though.

I wouldn't mind a buff for widow for all of the shitty players that pick her on my teams, I'd like to stand a chance
IMO it doesn't make much difference. A good widow keeps track of who's alive and know the most likely place people will come from. The ult duration is really short.

Anne

Hmm he said on Lucio to use amped heal to save teammates. Isn't it better to speed them out of the danger and change to heal/let Ana heal?

It just depends on the situation. There is no real definitive answer, just sometimes they need the health or they are dead anyways, sometimes they need to be out the way of stuff faster. It's a judgement call.

Skii

Hmm he said on Lucio to use amped heal to save teammates. Isn't it better to speed them out of the danger and change to heal/let Ana heal?

He doesnt really explain what each hero is good against and what your plan should be. Not clearly. And half of them are super brief. If this is supposed to be a basics guide, it isn't actually detailed enough for newcomers or low ranked players to get better and it isn't technical enough for good players to really improve.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom