• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT8| Our love will last Pharah-ver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jellie

It just depends on the situation. There is no real definitive answer, just sometimes they need the health or they are dead anyways, sometimes they need to be out the way of stuff faster. It's a judgement call.
I just speed them away but if its multiple people on low I amp the heals or if both teams are low.
He doesnt really explain what each hero is good against and what your plan should be. Not clearly. And half of them are super brief. If this is supposed to be a basics guide, it isn't actually detailed enough for newcomers or low ranked players to get better and it isn't technical enough for good players to really improve.

Yeah that makes sense. He also think Zarya is the best hero and has the best ult but that can be argued against I think.

NeoRaider

Won 6 3v3 games. And got Mercy Highlight Intro (can't believe that i have 0 Mercy highlights unlocked, so this is my first) and got enough coins to buy Junkrat's victory pose with the dynamite.

Not bad.

Today in qp I saw an amped up speed boost full charge symmetra and I screamed and tried to grapple away but she got me

It was horrifying. Imagine if she'd been nanod

caesar

Banned
Well finally I made it

(sorry for not having the promotion screenshot, was too excited lol)

Thank you caesar and Jellie for the carry!

Grats dude, well deserved! Bang on the dot aswell.

You improved loads since we first started playing together. Masters next season eh?

I'm not gonna lie, I haven't been playing all too much lately, other than CTF and like occasionally a QP match or two. And even though I love Oasis as a map, I feel like the game's become quite stale. CTF was refreshing though clearly unbalanced (for various reasons) - the tiny map pool didn't help. I can't wait until they release Doomfist, because a new character might be enough to reel me back in, but what I really would like is a proper new game mode.

When is the event ending? Arcade has reset and I have 3 more lootboxes to get and I'm anxious to get them before it ends.

It was supposed to end yesterday. If you want to get event boxes, do it now.

It's interesting to see the development of the Korean Overwatch teams over the last six months. Before then, I would have said they were almost all overrated with the exception of LW Blue, but they've really came out in form over the last half-year. Especially teams like Meta Athena who have been running more unique and risky strategies lately. Exciting stuff.

Skii

Event skins in 40ish boxes: D.Va, Zen, Symmetra, 2 Tracers.

Congrats, maybe next season I'll be able to join the diamond club. Grinding 400 sr in what's left of season 3 doesn't seem feasible.

Grats dude, well deserved! Bang on the dot aswell.

You improved loads since we first started playing together. Masters next season eh?

Congrats man, I'm at 2804 at the moment, might join you soon.

Thanks guys! Masters is definitely the dream now.

Yeah that makes sense. He also think Zarya is the best hero and has the best ult but that can be argued against I think.

She has the best ult but I wouldnt say best hero. Maybe the best to carry but I still think Rein and Ana are absolute requirements in almost every comp.

Anne

0e08243c05.png

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Sometimes I want a break from comp, but QP is such a shitshow.

Every QP game is like 5-6 dps with one healer at best, everyone trickles, and everyone is scattered everywhere on the map. It feels like a totally different game.

Akuun

I stop after comp starts getting too aggravating too. I go off and play a nice relaxing game of Dark Souls 3.

Sometimes I'd rather die dozens of times in a Souls game than play more Overwatch. That's how irritating this game can get.

Comp just wears on you so hard after a while. Even if I'm losing, I try to tell myself to just do whatever I can, contribute my best and try to improve my play, but man it grinds you down. I think I am getting better but it's slow going.

My personal rule: lose 3 in a row in Comp and you need to take a break or play some QP to focus again.

I feel like 3 is too much, especially if they are bad games. I'd rather stop playing after just one really bad game because there's a high probability of playing with a lot of the same people again if you start searching immediately for another game. It sucks but it's for the best.

DevilDog

I have 3 things to say:

Nothing awesome will ever come out of the server browser.

We need more maps with trampolines, speedboosts and generally more unreal tournament stuff.

Injuring both hands at the same time sucks :(

Akuun

I have 3 things to say:

Nothing awesome will ever come out of the server browser.

We need more maps with trampolines, speedbosts and generally more unreal tournament stuff.

Injuring both hands at the same time sucks :(
Watching a turret Bastion endlessly bouncing up and down the jump pad on Oasis is one of the few joys of that map.

LiK

I feel like 3 is too much, especially if they are bad games. I'd rather stop playing after just one really bad game because there's a high probability of playing with a lot of the same people again if you start searching immediately for another game. It sucks but it's for the best.

A major stomp requires a break. But if they're close games, 3 is fine.

We need more maps with trampolines, speedboosts and generally more unreal tournament quake 3 stuff.(

FTFY.

In all seriousness though, I really really want more modes. UT99's assault mode with the map-specific objectives (that would even tell a story!) was absolutely fantastic, and I think Overwatch would super heavily benefit from having maps like that.
The same goes for multi-point maps (aka Domination). I miss those a lot too.

And yeah, more objects on the maps to interact with - jump pads, boosters, hazards, etc. - would be awesome. I feel like Blizzard has been fairly conservative when it comes to map design.

Why all the PC people here have to be in EU? :|

Solo queue is so hit and miss. Next season, I hope I can find some more people to queue with that play as much as I do. Approaching level 600 but still falling short of DIamond. My game sense is good and I feel mechanically strong on most heroes but I think my issue right now is a lack of focus. I flex to too many different heroes. I think I will focus on a select few for next season.

I'm pretty much done for this season. 2800s last season with a > 50% win rate and upper 2700s this season with a 45% win rate (> 10% draws). Going to take a break until season 4 and play some other games while I practice occasionally in QP.

Luke_Wal

I've noticed when playing in the last couple weeks (after months off), that I'm having minutes long matchmaking on PS4 when selecting the quick play. Anyone else seen this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom