• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT8| Our love will last Pharah-ver

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't mind off-meta picks, but please, if someone decides to go with something off-meta, don't just choose a new and exciting character just because. We had a team with a guy who was dead set on going Bastion - he was in Master - so of course our other teammate is going to bust out the Sombra. Spoilers: Sombra and Bastion don't have any synergy. Literally none.

The thing I hate most in this game is when I notice that there's a huge delay between what I'm seeing in my screen and what's actually happening in the game. Seems especially bad in mystery heroes. What is the reason for this shit? Server related?

I'm available for Season 4.

Last season we did our placements with a big group (5 and 6 stack) and we went 8W-2L. Fun times, you should join us for the next one.

I take a break even if I win a close game. Need to relax.

I get hyped. Nothing like coming back from a 0-2 on KOTH :D

One-sided games are just meh.

Well, since the event got extended for an extra day I thought I'd earn my three crates for the week. Overall, I've gotten some great stuff in random lootboxes I've gotten just from playing arcade and levelling up. I was getting jackshit until the second week!

Epic Event Skins
Ana - Tal
Junkrat - Firework
Mercy - Golden
Tracer - Rose
Symmetra - Oipao
Bastion - Rooster

Legendary Event Skins
D'va - Palanquin
Mei - Luna
Reinhardt - Wujing
Winston - Wu-Kong

Legendary Skins
Mei - Rescue Mei
Soldier76 - Daredevil 76

AbaFadi

Banned
I don't mind off-meta picks, but please, if someone decides to go with something off-meta, don't just choose a new and exciting character just because. We had a team with a guy who was dead set on going Bastion - he was in Master - so of course our other teammate is going to bust out the Sombra. Spoilers: Sombra and Bastion don't have any synergy. Literally none.

Once I had Bastion, Sombra, and Junkrat on attack. This was in high masters around 3800 lol. I would think masters players would know better. We got rolled pretty fast.

Jellie

The thing I hate most in this game is when I notice that there's a huge delay between what I'm seeing in my screen and what's actually happening in the game. Seems especially bad in mystery heroes. What is the reason for this shit? Server related?

Last season we did our placements with a big group (5 and 6 stack) and we went 8W-2L. Fun times, you should join us for the next one.

I get hyped. Nothing like coming back from a 0-2 on KOTH :D

One-sided games are just meh.

Maybe for KotH. Had a good one with Zarya where the ending was mental. Games where you shouldn't have won or somehow manage to hold at the death require a break for me though.

hypernima

Banned
This Widow claimed she wasn't trying to throw. She then switched to Sym on Kings row for attack and made teleporters on attack for first point.. It tied 3-3 and on defense she made shields when we had to run to point.

iosa

Got 5 additionnal boxes today 3 arcades and 2 lvl but only got Bastion skin from the event. I did get Pharah thunderbird though.

Kevyt

Gatting to diamond is impossible when you are getting paired with a five team group that are throwing games on purpose... :(

I mean they have players who were season high 3700+ and now they're 2600 and playing symmetra and such on King of the hill

This is so unfair...

Anne

You on console?

Pretty sure the server rate on console is still 20 tick lol

snack

I am looking for some good Ana guides. Wanna learn how to main her, as she is almost always pick in competitive. Any recommendations? TY!

hypernima

Banned
Gatting to diamond is impossible when you are getting paired with a five team group that are throwing games on purpose... :(

I mean they have players who were season high 3700+ and now they're 2600 and playing symmetra and such on King of the hill

This is so unfair...

Carry them.

Maybe for KotH. Had a good one with Zarya where the ending was mental. Games where you shouldn't have won or somehow manage to hold at the death require a break for me though.

Yeah I know the ones you are talking about, it's when I say "I'm not going to push my luck more than this" and leave :)

You on console?

Pretty sure the server rate on console is still 20 tick lol

Yes. But in some games the situation is clearly much worse. It's when you see the kill-cam and it looks like you are shooting a ghost lol

After I complained I had another game where I was S76 and my shots weren't connecting at all. Had to leave the match to find another and everything was normal in the next one. Since the game sometimes shows a message that's switching servers I thought it could be because of that.

Let it be known that Buttch lies about inviting me to games. 😤

You are not showing on social list even though you are online and in the game.

LiK

Yeah I know the ones you are talking about, it's when I say "I'm not going to push my luck more than this" and leave :)

Yes. But in some games the situation is clearly much worse. It's when you see the kill-cam and it looks like you are shooting a ghost lol

After I complained I had another game where I was S76 and my shots weren't connecting at all. Had to leave the match to find another and everything was normal in the next one. Since the game sometimes shows a message that's switching servers I thought it could be because of that.

You are not showing on social list even though you are online and in the game.

Ok, I forgive him.

maouvin

I don't like Nendos

But http://special.goodsmile.info/overwatch/

GCqmZJn.jpg

hypernima

Banned
You can't carry that :v

I know I'm the one to say git gud and carry, but there are going to be points where you can't do it. Just hold the L and trust in law of averages.

I would have to be Seagull/Surefour level of good to do so...

My aim is really bad unfortunately.

I was being facetious, I think a lot of peoples remedy for that is just "carry carry carry"

RN I'm in a comp match and 3 dps can't kill one pharah.

LiK

maybe i'll take a break soon. friend list is barren. only a few guys playing for a lil bit of time. i really should play something else instead until new season.

They should never have extended the event, it lured me into a night of aggravation.
Though this time for a slight change it was mainly just lopsided teams as opposed to brainless teammates, a few matches in particular contained a Genji so stupidly accurate whilst flipping about that it genuinely made me ponder if there was some mouse on console malarkey afoot (tilted to the point of CONSPIRACY)

Jellie

Exactly. When I lost 7 games in a row I had won 4 or 5 in a row that was just pushing my luck. Eg we never managed to get first point on Gibraltar but we still won.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Played like 5 games of comp with the game behaving poorly.

Randomly thought to close the battle.net client, performs hows it's supposed to :[

Vitanimus

had some awful games recently especially as sombra. so apparent when you play her that you're not really doing THAT much for your team besides mildly annoying the enemy team. uploading a video now.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Ugh, I want to get back but the call to nioh is strong...

I think I'll just hang onto my SR right now and wait for season 4 seeing that it's getting close and just behead some yokai for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom