• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT8| Our love will last Pharah-ver

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're still 20 tick on PS4?

This explains EVERYTHING, damn. This explains all the weird dying-after-translocating Sombra moments, and all the blinking-but-not-really-so-dead-too tracer moments. Damn

Veelk

Banned
fun match playing as sombra even tho I basically did nothing with a bunch of really dumb deaths!

https://youtu.be/Jtefz5V7PMU

I don't get many chances to experience it, but I feel like good Sombra's are basically trolling incarnate. They exist to take away the things that make your character good. I'm alright with her as a character for now because most players aren't effective with her, but I am very, very worried about any buffs she might get. She has the potential to be the ultimate frustration Overwatch can get.

pizzacat

Banned
7D92977299150440C9DA1B657E8AFFF3CB07F392

first comp game back since event started smh they stopped trying in the 3rd map

their mercy started dmg boosting the soldier because their pharah was a disappointment and he couldnt even kill me with my mercy it felt nice :)

hypernima

Banned
What are your least favorite maps y'all? Probably gets asked a hundred times but w/e

I hate Numbani and King's Row with a burning passion.

Oh my, I just single handily won a game of only offense heroes in a brawl match with tracer. I got around six consecutive kills on point b to win, I should just retire on a high note now, I doubt I will feel this level of satisfaction with the game ever again.

Shame I got the potg for a lame earlier play tho, need that replay system already blizz.

Roubjon

I started playing on PC instead of PS4. It's so hard because the only other PC shooter I've ever played was Left 4 Dead. I'm slowly getting used to the controls and at least my knowledge of the game carries over, so that helps me not be complete garbage.

If anyone wants to add me, my BattleNet is "Roubjon#1436"

PeterGAF

Banned
I don't know what it is about the end of the season but my SR always tanks. I went from the 3000s to under 2500 in two days of playing. I've probably lost like 90% of my games in these past two days. I have no idea why. I can only blame myself so much.

This happens every season :(

Made my way back up to master for like the third time this season (after this weekend's 350 sr loss). Come a long way from my initial 42 placement on PTR for season 1 lol. I think it does say a lot to be able to do so consistently, though. And that really serves to make me feel I do belong up here.

Still holds true that communication is absolutely key. I won every game in which I communicated to the team well.

maomaoIYP

I'm barely in Gold league. Why am I losing 50 points on a loss, but only getting 30 for a win?
Most likely is that your stats are comparable to players with a lower SR than you currently have, hence they system is trying to re-adjust your SR to be lower.
In other words, the game thinks that you need to be placed into games with a lower average SR for it to be an even match up.

I'm loss streakin', boyos. Went and lossed myself right out of Top 500 back down to Master. o_o

It's seems like the biggest issue people have at higher ranks is thinking they can play every character. If you play exclusively DPS + Zarya, odds are you are going to be a garbage healer.

Just had a guy who went Torb on Nepal. He did this after we had already fallen behind, but were starting to make a comeback.

When we asked him to change off Torb, he said the team was useless, he was clearly helping with his 13 kills, and he was gonna stick with Torb to troll us. In the following match he then proceeds to set up his turret in the same place every time he's up, leaving him easy pickings for the other team's Tracer.

We lose of course.

Overwatch needs an enema.

Most likely is that your stats are comparable to players with a lower SR than you currently have, hence they system is trying to re-adjust your SR to be lower.
In other words, the game thinks that you need to be placed into games with a lower average SR for it to be an even match up.

I mean, maybe. But my stats are pretty high on Overbuff so I think I'm doing alright.

Is the SR still unfair towards Tanks and Supports? Because that's pretty much all I play.

I feel like Hanamura is the fairest 2cp map. Does anyone agree?

Like a good push on point B will usually get you the point. While it's more a toss up on Anubis and Volskaya for whatever reason.

Cappa

Banned
We're still 20 tick on PS4?

This explains EVERYTHING, damn. This explains all the weird dying-after-translocating Sombra moments, and all the blinking-but-not-really-so-dead-too tracer moments. Damn

When did PC switch to 60 tick? I knew of 20 tick, but I didnt think it had that much of effect in multiplayer.... I mean at least I havent noticed anything? I mean my TV has low input lag and I have a 120mpbs wired connection so maybe thats why?

I dont know, when it comes to these things Im usually clueless.

maomaoIYP

I mean, maybe. But my stats are pretty high on Overbuff so I think I'm doing alright.

Is the SR still unfair towards Tanks and Supports? Because that's pretty much all I play.

How high is pretty high? You should be checking your percentiles and not just raw numbers.
There's no bias against tanks and supports. I main-ed Zen this season.

Mendrox

Like a good push on point B will usually get you the point. While it's more a toss up on Anubis and Volskaya for whatever reason.

Every 2CP map is bullshit and has to be changed.

When did PC switch to 60 tick? I knew of 20 tick, but I didnt think it had that much of effect in multiplayer.... I mean at least I havent noticed anything? I mean my TV has low input lag and I have a 120mpbs wired connection so maybe thats why?

I dont know, when it comes to these things Im usually clueless.

PC has higher tick rates since August and it felt like a huge change back then already.

ISOM

Just had a guy who went Torb on Nepal. He did this after we had already fallen behind, but were starting to make a comeback.

When we asked him to change off Torb, he said the team was useless, he was clearly helping with his 13 kills, and he was gonna stick with Torb to troll us. In the following match he then proceeds to set up his turret in the same place every time he's up, leaving him easy pickings for the other team's Tracer.

We lose of course.

Overwatch needs an enema.

I had a person who became salty at a guy who picked Widow/Bastion the previous match then when I was teamed up with this guy and the Widow/Bastion player he is still hella salty and decides to throw the new match in response. It was all kinds of ridiculousness.

I don't know what it is about the end of the season but my SR always tanks. I went from the 3000s to under 2500 in two days of playing. I've probably lost like 90% of my games in these past two days. I have no idea why. I can only blame myself so much.

This happens every season :(

It's most likely because people become content with their current rank and stop trying as much. You also tend to see a lot more trolls near the end of the season.

Defuser

With the bastion buff I can totally see the comp teams would consist of Reinhardt,Zarya,Soldier,Bastion,Lucio and Ana.

Soldier and Bastion are similar and both can self heal so Ana can just concentrate on the tanks.

Nanoboost Bastion Tank is hard to kill.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
With the bastion buff I can totally see the comp teams would consist of Reinhardt,Zarya,Soldier,Bastion,Lucio and Ana.

Soldier and Bastion are similar and both can self heal so Ana can just concentrate on the tanks.

Nanoboost Bastion Tank is hard to kill.

Big hitbox to sleep though.

Also you don't really get much benefit running soldier and bastion together. Soldier isn't even the best for every situation/playstyle.

If the update somehow makes bastion a mainline DPS (which I have my doubts but I guess we'll see) I see him taking more of soldier's role if anything.

Anne

I'm predicting niche Bastion gimmicks are going to see some use, but I wouldn't call it mainline DPS. I think he's pretty good at least.

Antiwhippy

Oh yeah i expect him to have some use finally outside of surprise gimmick picks, but i don't see the panic some people seem to have over him.

It would be funny if nano tank became the new Beyblade though.

Then we can truly call the meta a world of tanks.

Antiwhippy

Eh, honestly, other than bastion and junkrat every defense hero has had major overhauls and other than torb most of them are changed to be good/niche picks. Widow was probably the only one depowered to a good/niche pick.

No major changes for junkrat so far
because blizzard knows nobody likes junkrat.

PatjuhR

Finally getting close to my platinum trophy.

It took me two months of playing with randoms to get them to wear an armor package all at once. I guess the update with the scraps automatically filling helped with that.

I'm currently trying to revive 4 players at once, but I don't worry to much about that one. I hope the thing where you walk through your own teleporters with Symmetra still works so that shouldn't be a problem aswell.

Now the only thing I'm worried about is Zenyatta's Rapid Discord. I really want to get it without boosting, because then I got all the trophies legit, but it seems impossible.

Any advice?

LiK

Everyone seems to hate Volskaya but I think that's my fave 2CP map. It's easier to flank around compared to the other 2CP maps.

Vitanimus

Finally getting close to my platinum trophy.

It took me two months of playing with randoms to get them to wear an armor package all at once. I guess the update with the scraps automatically filling helped with that.

I'm currently trying to revive 4 players at once, but I don't worry to much about that one. I hope the thing where you walk through your own teleporters with Symmetra still works so that shouldn't be a problem aswell.

Now the only thing I'm worried about is Zenyatta's Rapid Discord. I really want to get it without boosting, because then I got all the trophies legit, but it seems impossible.

Any advice?

No real advice since I only got it a couple of days ago just randomly, but I imagine it works much better if you have a Zarya on your team that can grab 4+. Spam E for days. Profit!

nOoblet16

Everyone seems to hate Volskaya but I think that's my fave 2CP map. It's easier to flank around compared to the other 2CP maps.

The one thing I don't like about Overwatch maps is that there are a lot of hard choke points, it's alright to have choke points and they are necessary but when a lot of them have choke points that must be passed under any condition and cannot be circumnavigated even with the most mobile heroes then it becomes a bit shit since there are no opportunities for mobile flankers in these cases.

Think about the choke in Eichenwalde at the start, no matter who you play as you have to pass through that small bridge and what's funny is that there are alternate routes between spawn and that bridge most of which is useless map and does nothing at all.

LiK

The one thing I don't like about Overwatch maps is that there are a lot of hard choke points, it's alright to have choke points and they are necessary but when a lot of them have choke points that must be passed under any condition and cannot be circumnavigated even with the most mobile heroes then it becomes a bit shit since there are no opportunities for mobile flankers in these cases.

Think about the choke in Eichenwalde at the start, no matter who you play as you have to pass through that small bridge and what's funny is that there are alternate routes between spawn and that bridge most of which is useless map and does nothing at all.

Yea, Eichenwalde is pretty notorious. Seems the only heroes that can actually flank is Pharah and D.va cuz they can fly over the buildings. Everyone else needs to basically barrel in together. I dunno who designed that but that starting area should've allowed one other place to enter.

Cappa

Banned

There's a crate next to the bridge. Ice wall on said crate with your team and/or yourself. You will either be able to get above or behind the defending team. Make a pick. Proceed to rush and capture the point. :)

nOoblet16

There's a crate next to the bridge. Ice wall on said crate with your team and/or yourself. You will either be able to get above or behind the defending team. Make a pick. Proceed to rush and capture the point. :)

Yea but that means having a Mei in the team..so :p

iosa

Winston and Genji can jump over and Lucio can pass too with a crazy wallride.

So an all dive team with Genji/Pharah Winston/DVa and Lucio/Mercy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom