• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT8| Our love will last Pharah-ver

Status
Not open for further replies.
Owzers reads the last few pages as a single tear roles down his cheek. Sorry man, I wish your favorite character wasn't ass.

I have a very strong urge to play a lot of Sombra in comp the rest of the season...

Owzers

Owzers reads the last few pages as a single tear roles down his cheek. Sorry man, I wish your favorite character wasn't ass.

I have a very strong urge to play a lot of Sombra in comp the rest of the season...
Going back to being a Torb main, people hardly ever complain about him here.

The thing we aren't talking about enough is that in many cases only 1 DPS character is a viable pick. And holy fuck is he the most boring.

Give me twitch shot Mcree's, annoying as hell Tracer and Genji flankers, and team wiping Reapers anyday over this 76 garbage.

Oxn

The thing we aren't talking about enough is that in many cases only 1 DPS character is a viable pick. And holy fuck is he the most boring.

Give me twitch shot Mcree's, annoying as hell Tracer and Genji flankers, and team wiping Reapers anyday over this 76 garbage.

76 is so fun

NeoRaider

I have one stupid question.
Why is Ana screaming and making some weird noises when she falls off the map for like... 4-5 sec.? Is that a bug or? Idk. if it's more sad or funny, can't decide.

76 is so fun
cod-mw3-hero.jpg

Owzers

He has good voice lines though.

"I'm the one who does his job. I'm thinking, you're the other one..."

He has good voice lines though.

"I'm the one who does his job. I'm thinking, you're the other one..."
He's alright, because it's a very well made game. But look at this cast of characters! You can play as some British chick who bends time, and cyborg ninja, and rocket launcher wielding jet pack lady, and we are forced to play CoD with Marathon, Juggernaut, and grenade launcher.

Streaming now twitch.tv/hascbby

Tip for Reinhard firestrikes: When you have your shield up, be mindful of your crosshair placement, because doing so will allow you laser accurate firestrikes. Basically pre-aim your firestrike all day. I catch annoying ass snipers every time because they don't expect a perfect firestrike to their face when I'm shielding.

I had a hard time watching the stream for some reason (it kept freezing), so I only saw glimpses here and there. The only thing I caught was that you tend to be a more aggressive tank than what your team needed at that time. I do it all the time, sometimes we got to be patient when it comes to how the team wants to handle the encounters. Also, no one did anything to the real problem child of that team... Ana... that Reinhardt was destroying your team because he was getting healed hard by Ana.

hypernima

Banned
Tip for Reinhard firestrikes: When you have your shield up, be mindful of your crosshair placement, because doing so will allow you laser accurate firestrikes. Basically pre-aim your firestrike all day. I catch annoying ass snipers every time because they don't expect a perfect firestrike to their face when I'm shielding.

I had a hard time watching the stream for some reason (it kept freezing), so I only saw glimpses here and there. The only thing I caught was that you tend to be a more aggressive tank than what your team needed at that time. I do it all the time, sometimes we got to be patient when it comes to how the team wants to handle the encounters. Also, no one did anything to the real problem child of that team... Ana... that Reinhardt was destroying your team because he was getting healed hard by Ana.

Yeah, I wanted to go for her more but had no clue how to approach it, and even then, how do I pursue a problem yet stay with the team at the same time if no one is doing comms?

And yeah I'll practice Rein a lil more in QP, using your advice.

Meccs

If you have a healer that is halfway decent and doesn't run in with the Tracers or is staying behind Widow, I'm wrecking with Zarya. She is my favorite hero, full stop! I love everything about her, the character design, the weapon and that you have to be smart with your bubbles. I just wish that more people would realize that they don't need to run behind cover if I give them the bubble. My last few teams were smart though and used it very clever. I love that.

Owzers

He's alright, because it's a very well made game. But look at this cast of characters! You can play as some British chick who bends time, and cyborg ninja, and rocket launcher wielding jet pack lady, and we are forced to play CoD with Marathon, Juggernaut, and grenade launcher.
he's basically the ff15 party.

NeoRaider

If you have a healer that is halfway decent and doesn't run in with the Tracers or is staying behind Widow, I'm wrecking with Zarya. She is my favorite hero, full stop! I love everything about her, the character design, the weapon and that you have to be smart with your bubbles. I just wish that more people would realize that they don't need to run behind cover if I give them the bubble. My last few teams were smart though and used it very clever. I love that.

Too bad she is one of the worst heroes for me. Together with Winston. I just don't care about these two... at all. But i am seeing some very good Zaryas.

I'd say most people don't have a habit if ignoring the dive to cover instinct when bubbled. Or don't even notice they're bubbled.

Prelude.

Sometimes it's hard to realize you've been bubbled if there's a lot going on.

caesar

Banned
Yeah, I wanted to go for her more but had no clue how to approach it, and even then, how do I pursue a problem yet stay with the team at the same time if no one is doing comms?

And yeah I'll practice Rein a lil more in QP, using your advice.

Console? Looks like it

hypernima

Banned
Taking the advice about following the group, I applied it, for the most part it works but I feel too often that this advice is too simplified. What if the group isn't trying to adapt to the current strategy the team is using on defense on offense? Do you still just continue to go even when the failure of the plan is evident? Is there no allowance for deviation at all? The way soukka describes is makes it sound like a complete absolute for every game of Overwatch that needs to be played.

Finally cracked silver!

Congratulations!

Skii

Taking the advice about following the group, I applied it, for the most part it works but I feel too often that this advice is too simplified. What if the group isn't trying to adapt to the current strategy the team is using on defense on offense? Do you still just continue to go even when the failure of the plan is evident? Is there no allowance for deviation at all? The way soukka describes is makes it sound like a complete absolute for every game of Overwatch that needs to be played.

You always follow your tanks. Only if you're a flanker should you be deviating from what the rest of the team is doing. And even then, you have to be patient and wait for your team to attack before you flank.

You always want to be in the general area of defence or following your Reinhardt into attack.

antitrop

Sorry I missed your message, Blues1990. They get lost in the shuffle so easily if you receive them in the middle of a game, we'll play next time.

I just noticed that IDDQD is doing a bronze to GM challenge atm, 5 mins in and already something hilarious. He was in Nepal (the santum part), went to a corner outside the enemy spawn waiting for someone to come out, a Rein' appeared...And he started walking alongside him as if he was his teammate, the Rein seemed to look at him and everything, but just carried on marching towards the point blissfully unaware lol.

Jellie

You always follow your tanks. Only if you're a flanker should you be deviating from what the rest of the team is doing. And even then, you have to be patient and wait for your team to attack before you flank.

You always want to be in the general area of defence or following your Reinhardt into attack.
What if Flankhardt

What if Flankhardt

Why not play D.Va, Winston, McCree, or Genji if you'd like to flank?

I love playing offensive Rein, but rarely does the man with the wall leaving his team to flank turn out well.

Now first point of Dorado, with a Mei I can sometimes get away with standing right at spawn and hitting people before charging one of them away.

But that's such a niche thing I'd never attempt it in Comp.

It's what people deserve for disrespecting Mercy mains.

There's a reason I kill Mercy first. She can decide KotH maps rather easily if ignored.

Especially on Ilios. Too many places for her to hide.

Jellie

Why not play D.Va, Winston, McCree, or Genji if you'd like to flank?

I love playing offensive Rein, but rarely does the man with the wall leaving his team to flank turn out well.

Now first point of Dorado, with a Mei I can sometimes get away with standing right at spawn and hitting people before charging one of them away.

But that's such a niche thing I'd never attempt it in Comp.

There's a reason I kill Mercy first. She can decide KotH maps rather easily if ignored.

Especially on Ilios. Too many places for her to hide.

Flankhardt is a Skii Strat™ .
Tried it once in comp and it worked.

Coming back 2 down in koth against this sick master tracer jesus was it rough.
3rd round i said we NEED to change comps.
Switched around.
I went Zen and we came back. So good but it was real stressful.

antitrop

I just noticed that IDDQD is doing a bronze to GM challenge atm, 5 mins in and already something hilarious. He was in Nepal (the santum part), went to a corner outside the enemy spawn waiting for someone to come out, a Rein' appeared...And he started walking alongside him as if he was his teammate, the Rein seemed to look at him and everything, but just carried on marching towards the point blissfully unaware lol.
He did it again

https://clips.twitch.tv/iddqdow/DifficultMouseFPSMarksman

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom