• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT8| Our love will last Pharah-ver

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone Diamond/Plat on PC/US want to play some games?

I think you added me, but I'll be on in like 4 hours if you're still playing then :p

Talynn#1113 for anyone looking for a 2600-2800, West Coast USA flex pick player who mains S76, D.Va, Rein, Lucio, and Zen this season.

Hoping to change that to 2800-3000 tonight. Two wins away from 2800.

Paltheos

How isn't the balance an issue if the game is forcing you to pick from a very restricted pool of heroes to have a realistic chance of winning at higher levels? The game was never balanced for every hero but this is easily the most restricted it's been recently.

Reaper being specifically weak against the tank meta precisely indicates something has gone wrong with the balance of the game lmao.

And team fights are literally decided by who's Ana goes down first. That is the entire problem lol. And it is frankly deciding games at lower levels as well as higher ones.

Because means exist to play the game in a relatively balanced manner otherwise. That there's a hero that exists in the game that is unable to perform his intended purpose is irrelevant. Hero viability % and game balance are not necessarily correlated.

I didn't say I like it either, by the way, but I'm trying to make clear there's a distinction between the matters.

Taking the advice about following the group, I applied it, for the most part it works but I feel too often that this advice is too simplified. What if the group isn't trying to adapt to the current strategy the team is using on defense on offense? Do you still just continue to go even when the failure of the plan is evident? Is there no allowance for deviation at all? The way soukka describes is makes it sound like a complete absolute for every game of Overwatch that needs to be played.

For the most part it's very solid advice, you have more chances trying to attack/hold as a team than you do if everyone trying to do their own thing. Coordinating attacks in this game is key regardless of skill rating, there is no other simpler way of winning. The problem as you describe, is when your team goes up the middle every time, but the objective is locked the fuck down. This game is too dynamic to break down any specific strategies because of all the variables. The problem boils down to why their strategy is so successful, in the skill rating you're currently in, it's usually as simple as finding out who their star player/hero(s) are and countering them directly. Too many times do I see the kill feed lit up from one enemy player or someone just yelling "someone do something about this ___" but no one switches to counter them directly. You'll be surprised how fast the enemy's defense crumble when their star player is being eliminated consistently.

Feels more surreal than funny like how the bastion changed from turret mode to try and shoot the mercy coming up on him.
Does feel bad having a pro player basically dump on you.

Im still watching

Also 1v2 a torb and Zarya damn battle mercy no joke.

I really lack a lot of empathy for Smurfs.

Especially ones that start out low like bronze / silver, or intentionally throw to get there.

Like, way to ruin everyone's day and make sure no one really learns.

BUT THE MEMES. KAPPA.

I really lack a lot of empathy for Smurfs.

Especially ones that start out low like bronze / silver, or intentionally throw to get there.

Like, way to ruin everyone's day and make sure no one really learns.

BUT THE MEMES. KAPPA.
Yeah I basically feel the same.

Like it'd be funny if it was one or two guys but it seems to be a large amount of players and that's just stupid.

There's no real difference between bronze/silver/gold/platinum imo in terms of game awareness. The higher you go up the more arrogant players get anyway. There's just as much stupidity in gold as there is in bronze. Better aim is literally the only difference between the tiers.

There's no real difference between bronze/silver/gold/platinum imo in terms of game awareness. The higher you go up the more arrogant players get anyway. There's just as much stupidity in gold as there is in bronze. Better aim is literally the only difference between the tiers.

What?

No.

Did you see the clips posted here?

The Bronze players couldn't even tell who was on their own team.

I-hate-u

Sombra and Reaper have an interaction on Oasis where she asks him what are they doing here, and he tells her that they are visiting an old friend of her. I wonder if it's a new hero perhaps.

My inkling would be Mercy though if it's one of the existing characters. From the recall short you see Mercy located in Iraq, where Oasis is. Also Oasis has some sort of youth regeneration technology so makes sense how she never ages.

I want more lore hints and story expansions on this game. I feel like every new content just brings more questions.

cyborg009

Banned
I refused to lose a match and said fuck solo healing these people.

HU7qsm9.jpg

ISOM

Man you need to watch some bronze clips on youtube. It is strikingly bad. I came from gold to platinum to diamond and it's just different at that tier.

Nimby

Banned
Interesting change-ups going into Apex tonight. KyKy steps down from C9 and is apparently coaching EnVyUs. Gods is taking his place.

How come every time I get a KOTH map I get matched up with someone who picks Torb, never puts a turret down and then refuses to change? Like, is the game fucking with me?

Man you need to watch some bronze clips on youtube. It is strikingly bad. I came from gold to platinum to diamond and it's just different at that tier.

I came from bronze and now to gold, it's not really that different. Team comps are worse in gold than they were in bronze lol, that's where the arrogance and stubbornness comes in.

Kevyt

Interesting change-ups going into Apex tonight. KyKy steps down from C9 and is apparently coaching EnVyUs. Gods is taking his place.

That's so interesting!

Gods is an excellent DPS and his widow is no slouch.

I hope this change makes C9 more competitive. I am wondering if either Gods or Mendo will be playing tank or dps

Skii

There is a massive difference. Game awareness is everything from knowing who's on your team to ult management. You can't honestly believe there's no difference between those 4 tiers?

So after my initial placement at ~1800, I've fallen to 1500. Sometimes it's my fault, but a lot of the time I just watch teammates do all kinds of stupid crap en masse while we get slaughtered.

That said, when I hear about someone getting to 4000+ through pugs, I know that I have a ton more I could be doing since I'm not getting similar results.

A few days ago someone posted a video about what each bracket is "about", but I can't find that link - anyone have it?

How come every time I get a KOTH map I get matched up with someone who picks Torb, never puts a turret down and then refuses to change? Like, is the game fucking with me?

Why would anyone refuse to put a turret down?

Jellie

So after my initial placement at ~1800, I've fallen to 1500. Sometimes it's my fault, but a lot of the time I just watch teammates do all kinds of stupid crap en masse while we get slaughtered.

That said, when I hear about someone getting to 4000+ through pugs, I know that I have a ton more I could be doing since I'm not getting similar results.

A few days ago someone posted a video about what each bracket is "about", but I can't find that link - anyone have it?

Search mind fuzz on YouTube. Video should be on his channel. Think he uploaded plat today. Would recommend watching skyline too to improve.

Search mind fuzz on YouTube. Video should be on his channel. Think he uploaded plat today. Would recommend watching skyline too to improve.

Thank you! I'm watching his bronze video, and the first thing I noticed is that his D.va reticle is different from mine. Mine looks like a circle, and his is crosshairs - what's going on with that?

Can't link ATM but it's probably skyline. Just type skyline Overwatch on YouTube

I-hate-u

Thank you! I'm watching his bronze video, and the first thing I noticed is that his D.va reticle is different from mine. Mine looks like a circle, and his is crosshairs - what's going on with that?

You can change it in the options, as well as bloom. Some people say different reticle helps in aiming/headshot tracking.

BTW it's nice to see FGC peeps,especially Marvel heads, getting into this game. It maybe FPS on the onset, but Overwatch = truly best fighting game of 2016.

-----------------------

iddqd's tracking is insane.

caesar

Banned
Iddqds stream makes me wonder how low rank most of the chat is lul. He goes tryhard tracer vs 1800 players and they are pogchamping in chat.

Like bro any diamond player could have done that tbh.

hypernima

Banned
Iddqds stream makes me wonder how low rank most of the chat is lul. He goes tryhard tracer vs 1800 players and they are pogchamping in chat.

Like bro any diamond player could have done that tbh.

People are easily amused. It's like going into a low level dueling game with a lvl 9x Sorceress with a conviction merc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom