• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT8| Our love will last Pharah-ver

Status
Not open for further replies.

caesar

Banned
Zarya's barriers are almost on the same tier as Rein shield as far as controlling space goes. Ana losing nade and sleep gives you free ult wipes. Hacking RH is like, nice before an engage but it's the same CD as hook anyways. Him losing breath in a more organized team is p whatever tbh. As good as Roadhog is in the end, he can be played around and if an all in happens and his team is down, he isn't a big fight swinger at that point. Sombra starts fights, and the things you can't really play around like that are shields and heals.

Idk enough yet. I just picked her up recently, and that type of decision making I don't have entirely down yet. I think the answer is generally no though, unless you have a very specific instance where you're trying to bait it with a grav or something. If sound barrier i sup though, you need to hit Lucio with the EMP at the start of the fight.

I agree, you can get emp 2-3 times faster than sound barrier.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
On King's Row and an entire 5 stack abandon's me because the enemy 5-stack took the 1st point. I was the only person with elims only 2 mind you. Thankfully the game filled up players quick and we defended the next choke point for the w.

randome

Hope this isnt against the rules, thought I'd chime in here, anyone wanna buy my copy of Overwatch for the PS4? It's taking way too much of my time. I have to get rid of it lol. I do this for any game thats too addictive. :/

GG ND and friends. I was starting to lag so I'm done for the night. Btw ND, your friend is great lol

Some games there were like comp, they were pretty good. The first games were kinda bad today but the last ones were worth it, fun games.

I bet you all had the good games after I left.

Clippers/Warriors was worth it.

We started having good games as soon as you left.

Should I believe in coincidences?

BasicMath

Yep, I'm done with this shit. It's getting uninstalled.

I don't know what did it. But I got some possible suspects

-The Hanzo/Widow/Genji cancer in QP. If you pick them and aren't literally seagull, you're probably part of the problem. Stop dreaming. It's sad to see players sinking 40+ hrs into characters that they have absolutely no business playing as.
-The rampant mentality that it being QP is an excuse for EVERYTHING. It's not.
-The Mccrees that don't know what a headshot is.
-The Hogs with <46% hook accuracy. If you can't get above that you're a shit hog. Full stop. Stop hogging the hog and let someone actually good do some work.
-Over designed crap that makes 50% win rate almost a complete certainty.
-The attack torbs, bastions, and widows.

God, I've seen some shit. People waking full health reins in confined spaces with no chance of escape or killing him, Widows not being able to hit Pharahs, Monkeys getting crushed by widows and Hanzos, Reapers taking down Pharahs, an attack Genji/Widow/Hanzo/Torb/Bastion comp, Mercy not ulting ever because she's waiting for the EPIC 5 man rez, Zaryas not knowing when or who to shield, Meis thinking that the only correct and viable use of walls is to block enemy team at spawn, rampant solo ults... I could go on all day but I'm done.

This constant losing because my win rate happened to be >55% was what did it, I think. I get the point of a challenge but this isn't working. I like having challenging opponents not challenging opponents AND teammates. You're just fucking me over at that point.

exYle

-The Hanzo/Widow/Genji cancer in QP. If you pick them and aren't literally seagull, you're probably part of the problem. Stop dreaming. It's sad to see players sinking 40+ hrs into characters that they have absolutely no business playing as.
-The Hogs with <55% hook accuracy. If you can't get above that you're a shit hog. Full stop. Stop hogging the hog and let someone actually good do some work.

God, I've seen some shit. People waking full health reins in confined spaces with no chance of escape or killing him, Widows not being able to hit Pharahs, Monkeys getting crushed by widows and Hanzos, Reapers taking down Pharahs, an attack Genji/Widow/Hanzo/Torb/Bastion comp, Mercy not ulting ever because she's waiting for the EPIC 5 man rez, Zaryas not knowing when or who to shield, Meis thinking that the only correct and viable use of walls is to block enemy team at spawn, rampant solo ults... I could go on all day but I'm done.

This constant losing because my win rate happened to be >55% was what did it, I think. I get the point of a challenge but this isn't working. I like having challenging opponents not challenging opponents AND teammates. You're just fucking me over at that point.

What the fuck is this elitist bullshit

Can't spell Owzers without Ow.

Because playing with him is painful.

jk love you bro

Owch.

-The Hogs with <55% hook accuracy. If you can't get above that you're a shit hog. Full stop. Stop hogging the hog and let someone actually good do some work.

Yeah you should probably stop.

BasicMath

What the fuck is this elitist bullshit
Not even elitism. It's just the crap I've seen all this past week. Every game has 2-5 of those. And if you just so happen to have 2 or more of them on you're team then it's gg for you. Grats on yet another defeat. Winning games is not about being a better player, having talented members or better communication and teamwork. It's more about who has the least amount of genji/hanzos/widows.

As for the example, it was from a recent game. I saw a widow with >40hrs that couldn't headshot a frozen target. There's a point where you have to admit that it's not for you. And that's pretty much it. If you want to practice, the target range dummies may provide a more appropriate challenge for you.
Owch.

Yeah you should probably stop.
I'm glad we agree.

Owzers

Some games there were like comp, they were pretty good. The first games were kinda bad today but the last ones were worth it, fun games.

We started having good games as soon as you left.

Should I believe in coincidences?

Alternative fact: you guys were throwing games in an effort to get me to leave. Equallly plausible!

shintoki

sparkle this bitch

*Don't play with me*

exYle

Not even elitism. It's just the crap I've seen all this past week. Every game has 2-5 of those. And if you just so happen to have 2 or more of them on you're team then it's gg for you. Grats on yet another defeat. Winning games is not about being a better player, having talented members or better communication and teamwork. It's more about who has the least amount of genji/hanzos/widows.

As for the example, it was from a recent game. I saw a widow with >40hrs that couldn't headshot a frozen target. There's a point where you have to admit that it's not for you. And that's pretty much it. If you want to practice, the target range dummies may provide a more appropriate challenge for you.

I'm glad we agree.

I have no idea why you're lumping Genji in with the snipers, cause there's no way a 40+ hour Genji players is 100% useless unless the enemy teams comp is Zarya, Mei, Winston, Ana, Zenyatta and Soldier. And even the snipers can do work, under the right circumstances, though I agree that having a Hanzo and a Widow is not a good thing.

And you didn't say a Widow that couldn't hit a frozen target, you said one that couldn't hit a Pharah. Pretty different.

Also your ">55% Roadhog hook accuracy or useless" is literally factually wrong

BasicMath

I have no idea why you're lumping Genji in with the snipers, cause there's no way a 40+ hour Genji players is 100% useless unless the enemy teams comp is Zarya, Mei, Winston, Ana, Zenyatta and Soldier. And even the snipers can do work, under the right circumstances, though I agree that having a Hanzo and a Widow is not a good thing.

And you didn't say a Widow that couldn't hit a frozen target, you said one that couldn't hit a Pharah. Pretty different.

Also your ">55% Roadhog hook accuracy or useless" is literally factually wrong
The frozen target widow thing was just an act of the circus of incompetence I've seen this week. I just started rambling about crap I've seen recently and didn't post it initially. Slipped my mind.

The Hog stat was pulled based on an average of what I've seen from my numbers. And I don't even main hog. I guess I should have researched and said something like 46ish% to not bash the majority of hogs out there, though. Point taken.

And yes, heroes for the most part are effective based on the situation. It's just up to the player to react, change and adapt to the different enemy comps. They can all be useful in certain situations. The problem, though, is that Widows/Hanzos and Genjis to a lesser extent don't change. Because it's QP. And they're practicing how to miss. So everyone else has to put up with them because it's QP.

maomaoIYP

LOL
Are you fucking serious mate.
On PC 97th percentile is 54.5% hook accuracy.
Sorry that your QP experience has been littered with plebs who obviously aren't at your level of being in the 97th percentile.

Geneijin

-The Hogs with <46% hook accuracy. If you can't get above that you're a shit hog. Full stop. Stop hogging the hog and let someone actually good do some work.

And you've avoided comp for what reason(s) exactly?

Oscar

Felt like a god today after switching from a Razer Naga to a DeathAdder.

The DeathAdder is damn near twice the size of the Naga, and just felt so good to play with.

Had a great night of games, went something like 10-2.

komaruR

Felt like a god today after switching from a Razer Naga to a DeathAdder.

The DeathAdder is damn near twice the size of the Naga, and just felt so good to play with.

Had a great night of games, went something like 10-2.

isnt the naga more for mmo instead of fps?

BasicMath

If you can't fuck around and pick a hero you aren't good with in Quick Play, when CAN you?!
Play Vs AI or any of the three Training options.

Or play them when/if the situation is acceptable. If you're going practice hanzo and there's a widow and torb, rethink it. It may not be the best time. If you're on attack and want to widow while the enemy team has 3 tanks (Monkey included), you're not going to get that much effective practice in anyway. Switch it up.

More often than not people just play what they want regardless without any consideration towards anyone. Not even themselves. You can't get effective practice in if you and your team are just getting killed constantly right outside of spawn on Attack for example.
You mad? Its <46% right? Not sure its 47%?
I'm just going to stick with that. It seems people are a bit sensitive about their hook rates. And I'm not aiming to offend everyone.
And you've avoided comp for what reason(s) exactly?
Comp is the opposite of QP. People throw games if you don't play the same 2-3 team variations. Maybe it's just a Diamond+ thing. I've been in games as Monkey with mid 30 gold elims, silver damage being asked to change to hog because Monkey is bad and not effective.

exYle

The frozen target widow thing was just an act of the circus of incompetence I've seen this week. I just started rambling about crap I've seen recently and didn't post it initially. Slipped my mind.

The Hog stat was pulled based on an average of what I've seen from my numbers. And I don't even main hog. I guess I should have researched and said something like 46ish% to not bash the majority of hogs out there, though. Point taken.

And yes, heroes for the most part are effective based on the situation. It's just up to the player to react, change and adapt to the different enemy comps. They can all be useful in certain situations. The problem, though, is that Widows/Hanzos and Genjis to a lesser extent don't change. Because it's QP. And they're practicing how to miss. So everyone else has to put up with them because it's QP.

See, this post is more reasonable. I can see the tilt wearing off.

Anne

It is. The laser is a bit subpar, and the body is not good for most FPS grips. It also has shitty lift and other shit. The deathadder uses a sensor up to snuff for precision FPS and just has a better body. I actually would like that mouse more if it wasn't made by Razer :p

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Jesus, stacks everywhere

Holy shit, QP soloing is insane tonight
Every game has had at least 3+ in QP in which I played

Comp withdrawal is real
Shit every group is treating it like Comp practice, gold weapons everywhere

BasicMath

Jesus, stacks everywhere

Holy shit, QP soloing is insane tonight
Every game has had at least 3+ in QP in which I played

Comp withdrawal is real
Shit every group is treating it like Comp practice, gold weapons everywhere
It's been ridiculous this week for me when doing solo QP too.

I've been usually facing 5+1 sets or full stacks.
And having 2 groups with me. Rarely if ever do I get a 5 set.

Enemy team goes full meta comp and i get the hanzo and/or widow that main Lucio/Mercy on competitive plus the occasional low level player that just hours ago took the tutorial.
And yes, everyone is showing off their gold stuff because the season just ended.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
It's been ridiculous this week for me when doing solo QP too.

I've been usually facing 5+1 sets or full stacks.
And having 2 groups with me. Rarely if ever do I get a 5 set.

Enemy team goes full meta comp and i get the hanzo and/or widow that main Lucio/Mercy on competitive plus the occasional low level player that just hours ago took the tutorial.
And yes, everyone is showing off their gold stuff because the season just ended.

I stopped playing for tonight, so many fucking tryhards in QP no less
Seriously your gonna run Triple tank in QP with a Lucio, Ana, Soldier as the other 3
Accomplishing what?

I'm trying to goof off, play characters I usually don't, but they treat this like Competitive light
Our team a double stack while enemy team is 5 stack

Our team are all squishies, just testing stuff out
No tanks, just QP fun of does/support
Nope the other team just wants that +200XP so much for the win

Gave up, went back to Mystery Heroes
First game, we push payload to end, game gives Defense 3 D.Va's, while we are stuck in Support/Torb/Bastion merry-go-round
Next game4 Hogs, 2 Ana's
Yeah I quit on like 5th Hook cause they just overlapped and we couldn't drop them quick enough

Gonna grind out XP levels in Paragon on Heroes till New season starts up
Put this as just a daily log in and earn a loot box or two

Up to 18 loot boxes since LNY ended, seeing how many I get before next event

Oscar

Yeah for sure, it has like 12 buttons on the side lol.

I figured it didn't matter much, so I used it to play Overwatch/other games.

Best Buy has the DeathAdder Chroma for $30ish this week, it's usually $70.

Play Vs AI or any of the three Training options.
How will playing against the stream of stupid AI help me make good decisions?

Or play them when/if the situation is acceptable. If you're going practice hanzo and there's a widow and torb, rethink it. It may not be the best time. If you're on attack and want to widow while the enemy team has 3 tanks (Monkey included), you're not going to get that much effective practice in anyway. Switch it up.
How will people know when it's acceptable if they don't have experience to tell them?

More often than not people just play what they want regardless without any consideration towards anyone. Not even themselves. You can't get effective practice in if you and your team are just getting killed constantly right outside of spawn on Attack for example.
Well, it is a game - people just want to queue and have fun. Maybe you need to lower your intensity.

Comp is the opposite of QP. People throw games if you don't play the same 2-3 team variations. Maybe it's just a Diamond+ thing. I've been in games as Monkey with mid 30 gold elims, silver damage being asked to change to hog because Monkey is bad and not effective.
I would like a command to post my stats in chat.

Anne

I do think there should be an incentive in QP to pick well and try to win. It's one thing to have an unranked mode, but the quality of QP matches is pretty low. It's one thing if people are new and just don't know any better, it's another if people know what can work but they just pick something whack because it's not ranked.

That or have another unranked mode that more closely resembles comp.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Honestly if people are purely playing qp i can see why they might think soldier is op because he's one of the few Heroes that can survive how unco it is.

I want to practice mccree but I'm not an aiming god that can 1v6 so i usually can't get enough space to work on what zones i should work with as mccree.

ISOM

I do think there should be an incentive in QP to pick well and try to win. It's one thing to have an unranked mode, but the quality of QP matches is pretty low. It's one thing if people are new and just don't know any better, it's another if people know what can work but they just pick something whack because it's not ranked.

That or have another unranked mode that more closely resembles comp.

I was saying before that I think the server browser can fix this. Lots of unranked meta comp servers that people can play on if they get created. So like only 2 dps, 2 healers, No snipers, No Sym/torb or whatever like when I was playing TF2.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Eh that's dumb though. Overwatch does not strictly confirm to 222 and is better for it.

I don't mind dumb comps, i kinda just want people to work together even if just a little bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom