• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT8| Our love will last Pharah-ver

Status
Not open for further replies.

caesar

Banned
These casters are pretty bad.

'Misfits gonna fall back for the moment.'

No mention of the 2 man dva ult which is the actual reason for the retreat. :/

Anne

Some Pros apparently decided that it's not fun, so they don't play it.

It's less that they don't like it, more that they are just not very good at it.

Previous match was extremely tank heavy, this one isn't. This Misfits roster always favored aggressive teams more, and LW Blue has two of the best DPS in KR. LW Blue is still playing a lot of tank even when their roster favors other shit too.

holysan

How high is the skill requirement to consistently land headshots with a Widow?
How high is the skill requirement for a D.VA to press E and fly into the face of said Widow?

This game can be so frustrating sometimes :(

RemiLP

am i the only one that is annnoyed we pretty much only gets to see through the DPS players during tournaments? I understand that thats where the action is, but i want to see how other characters play aswell.

ISOM

am i the only one that is annnoyed we pretty much only gets to see through the DPS players during tournaments? I understand that thats where the action is, but i want to see how other characters play aswell.

It's not sexy or interesting to most viewers I guess. And they are trying to attract the casual crowd that doesn't know much about the game. As an Overwatch player it sucks but I don't care that much.

Paltheos

*****************DPS********************************

no one likes playing soldier for real. you do it cuz you need a dps and hes the only one that can escape her garbage with any kind of consistency. even if you pick pharah and try to fly away here she comes every 6 seconds with her stupid pellet gun making this incessant noise and then you turn to shoot her and she eats your rockets and does it all over again until you fucking die

ERASE IT

I like playing Soldier. He's got a bunch of different tools, so I can do a bunch for my team and feel productive. Team's in a nasty shape and the healers dead/occupied? Run into the fray and drop a biotic field? My aim is crap? It's cool - Soldier's a hitscan who fires a bunch of bullets at once. Need a quick kill? He's got burst damage too. Need to get back fast? He can run, yo. Might be influenced by me not being a DPS guy so I don't care if there's a generic soldier dude in the game. It all seems pretty fitting to me, and I don't really view him as particularly different from any Overwatch hero.

My main problem with soldier is that he's so well rounded that having him be the premier DPS for the game is boring. You used to see a lot more back and forth among DPS characters trying to counter pick each other but now it's just like you may as well both play soldier as he's good against everything and lacks any major weaknesses.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Oh I wouldn't really say he's great at everything. Honestly, even now he still has the 3rd slowest TTK, being only faster than genji and sombra. Mccree, tracer, reaper & pharah can snowball kills a lot quicker. Also his spread is great against big hitboxes but his effective damage is lowered quite a bit when he has to deal with spread on smaller targets.

caesar

Banned
PogChamp TIME PogChamp TO PogChamp WATCH PogChamp MY PogChamp BOY PogChamp REINFORCE PogChamp ULT PogChamp SOME PogChamp SHIELDS PogChamp

I'm fine with a small Soldier 76 nerf that basically kicks him out of the competitive meta but leaves him a safe pick at lower ranks.

He's supposed to be the jack of all trades, master of none, safe-choice DPS, but instead he's the master of most trades, safe-choice DPS.

Apathy

I'm fine with a small Soldier 76 nerf that basically kicks him out of the competitive meta but leaves him a safe pick at lower ranks.

He's supposed to be the jack of all trades, master of none, safe-choice DPS, but instead he's the master of most trades, safe-choice DPS.

After the buffs hes also the reason why McCree is out (on top of tank meta). Soldier does everything McCree does but better and then some. Like I don't think theres a situation where picking Soldier over McCree is not just plain better

Grief.exe

Especially when I'm solo queueing, it comes down to why would they pick Mcree, Torb, Symmetra, Sombra, Tracer, etc instead of Soldier? Soldier can't really be hard countered like those classes and will always put out consistent damage regardless of the other team's picks. At the same time he has one of the most dangerous ultimates in the game.

Oh I wouldn't really say he's great at everything. Honestly, even now he still has the 3rd slowest TTK, being only faster than genji and sombra. Mccree, tracer, reaper & pharah can snowball kills a lot quicker. Also his spread is great against big hitboxes but his effective damage is lowered quite a bit when he has to deal with spread on smaller targets.
mccree - dead if you catch him without flashbang

tracer and reaper - much shorter range, reaper in particular has hitbox that is unfriendly with squishies

pharah - projectile, not hitscan, and has a small clip

soldier - hitscan, great effective range, forgiving aim and spread, mobility AND health regen abilities

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
What's a good burst damage combination with Ana?

Say if I've slept someone and I need to finish him off with a big burst of damage as I wake him back up, and I can't really trust anyone else in the team to help chip in damage. What's the best way to try to try getting the kill on my own?

Say if I've slept someone and I need to finish him off with a big burst of damage as I wake him back up, and I can't really trust anyone else in the team to help chip in damage. What's the best way to try to try getting the kill on my own?
sleep -> shoot nade shoot

Grief.exe

Shoot, then press e to throw your grenade. This will animation cancel your shot, so it will do ~150 damage in less than a second.

You can practice on the target dummies, which I believe represent a 200 health hero. You can kill any character with that health in the game with shot - sleep - shot/nade combo.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF

Shoot, then press e to throw your grenade. This will animation cancel your shot, so it will do ~150 damage in less than a second.

You can practice on the target dummies, which I believe represent a 200 health hero. You can kill any character with that health in the game with shot - sleep - shot/nade combo.
Thanks. Does melee have any place in there?

The real setup is:

Sleep Dart -> "Children, Behave" Voice Line -> Shoot -> Biotic Grenade -> Shoot Again -> Melee Attack -> Tea Time Emote

If they aren't a tank, the Biotic grenade will keep you alive long enough for the combo and should kill most everyone not a tank.**

The emote and voice line will tilt them enough to not try it again.*

*If you're just now getting gud, or have little time for the combo, you can skip the voice line and emote.

**If they lack escape, shooting a third time is usually better than melee. If they have escapes or are super low on health after the shoot nade shoot, melee can finish them off.

Guys, any tips on how to get better with Zarya? I love playing as her, but it feels like she's the squishiest tank of the lot. I love how you can basically safeguard someone like a genji or soldier when they Ult for a couple seconds and her Ult is just... I guess it might be one of my favourites in the game. It's just that sometimes it feels like I run out of her shields too soon.

The real setup is:

Sleep Dart -> "Children, Behave" Voice Line -> Shoot -> Biotic Grenade -> Shoot Again -> Melee Attack -> Tea Time Emote

If they aren't a tank, the Biotic grenade will keep you alive long enough for the combo and should kill most everyone not a tank.

The emote and voice line will tilt them enough to not try it again.*

*If you're just now getting gud, or have little time for the combo, you can skip the voice line and emote.
you missed spray
Thanks. Does melee have any place in there?
it depends what you're trying to kill :p if it's 200hp or less, shoot nade shoot will kill it. if it's 250hp, shoot nade shoot melee will do the job

her cap on burst is 2 shots (80*2) + nade (60) + melee (30) = 250.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom