• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT8| Our love will last Pharah-ver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apathy

Well someone reached Lv 2000 on Overwatch. The account is Sylphea and they're in gold. I feel like if you play that much, you should be at master level tbh.

Ill be on in 20 mins. Just finishing some work.

Well you have to get better by playing, just a fact, so if they are gold at 2000, imagine where they were when they started

Grief.exe

Same with Roadhog. Counters the whole cast, is better DPS than everything besides Soldier and the only thing which makes his life hard is Ana or a Zarya bubble. If you can play Hog, but pick another DPS instead, you are doing wrong.

I have around a 60% win rate with hog, but I have to play Ana in solo queue since no one will heal. Then we lose because the DPS can't perform.

pizzacat

Banned
I try not to talk shit but when I see a mccree or soldier try to counter my pharah and I kill them i always try to get them on tilt to be even worse at aiming

Is it shit talk or M I N D G A M E S 🤔

I've really been loving the PC version, but I've also been wanting to play with my controller and not suck so bad. This has lead to me double dipping on the PS4. What have I done?

I've really been loving the PC version, but I've also been wanting to play with my controller and not suck so bad. This has lead to me double dipping on the PS4. What have I done?

I'm the exact opposite, I'm more comfortable with a mouse/keyboard, but play the PS4 version cause that's where my friends are at (also my PC took a shit and I don't want to replace that anytime soon). It took me MONTHS to get decent at aiming with controller.

DevilDog

Lower your sensitivity, disable mouse acceleration, buy a bigger mouse pad, costs 10 bucks.

Meccs

Why the heck do I constantly get "Mystery Heroes" in All Brawls if there is a separate playlist for Mystery Heroes? I mean wtf?!

Blues1990

For those who can't watch the video/are not bothered:

-Console Version can't use the PTR, because logistics of multi platform.

-PTR allows developers to "update" PC without officially patching until they can release on all platforms relatively close together, because of the approval process for consoles.

-Sombra will be gradually changed, meant to be a disruptor/assassin. They believe she's very powerful and that players still haven't mastered her. With that said, they have a plan to gradually keep bumping her up as needed until she catches on.

-Roadhog got nerfed and buffed because there were legit complaints from both sides and the team had to address both.

-D.Va doesn't have the same window of weakness as other heroes, because she doesn't reload. When she's outside her effective range she simply uses her mobility, and when she's outgunned she turns to defense matrix until she can leave. With such high survivability between Defense Matrix and boosters and doesn't have a reload window of vulnerability, she needed to be reeled in. They will scale back the nerfs if its too much, however.

-Ana will not receive dramatic changes & are content the way she's built. They do agree that she needs to be scaled back.

-They are listening, both to feedback from players and from statistics coming from the PTR itself. However, the feedback can be misleading as people who are happy with changes are less likely to be on the forums talking about it, while players who are unhappy are more likely to be vocal. The changes on the PTR account for both sides and for the numerical feedback they get.

Personally speaking, I'm not looking forward to playing the game with lackluster D.Va again and getting yelled at for playing her and not being able to do my job fully. Especially if their patterns on updates stay the same. I am still going to worry, because this does not change what they said about her in their on the official forums. But I hope they will listen to players to fix her, and don't wait another half a year to do anything to D.Va.

Sombra is whatever, as I don't play her and have no interest with trying her out. I'm fine with Roadhog & Ana's changes (Pig Boy really feels better to play now), but I agree that Ana needs some additional readjustments so that she isn't such a healing monster.

Nimby

Banned
Big heroes for this next patch are probably Soldier/Tracer and I'm going to say Widow. At least Overwatch will be fun to spectate next patch, I just hope the Ana nerfs are actually enough and teams don't find a way to abuse her healing again.

cyborg009

Banned
Got rekt on numbani by a widowmaker and no one does anything to stop her. She was playing widowmaker for all 3 points and no one did anything to counter her. I said fuck healing and kept diving on her as winston.

NeoRaider

"Our goal is not to make Sombra kill ppl quicker."

Their goal is Sombra getting rekt by other heroes every few seconds. Or maybe they think that hacking healtpacks and running around from one to another healthpack is fun. That's why no one picks her i guess...

Drek

I feel like they hit on the real problem with D.Va there - no need to reload so no window of vulnerability. Just put her guns on an energy bar where full fire will drain it in a few seconds requiring a cool down and slightly weaken her armor level (I mean, she currently has twice Rein's armor plus another 150 HP out of the mech). Done.

xaosslug

Big heroes for this next patch are probably Soldier/Tracer and I'm going to say Widow. At least Overwatch will be fun to spectate next patch, I just hope the Ana nerfs are actually enough and teams don't find a way to abuse her healing again.

they ignored her anti-heal & sleep dart, so I doubt it. xD

I-hate-u

-PTR allows developers to "update" PC without officially patching until they can release on all platforms relatively close together, because of the approval process for consoles.

-Sombra will be gradually changed, meant to be a disruptor/assassin. They believe she's very powerful and that players still haven't mastered her. With that said, they have a plan to gradually keep bumping her up as needed until she catches on.

-Roadhog got nerfed and buffed because there were legit complaints from both sides and the team had to address both.

-D.Va doesn't have the same window of weakness as other heroes, because she doesn't reload. When she's outside her effective range she simply uses her mobility, and when she's outgunned she turns to defense matrix until she can leave. With such high survivability between Defense Matrix and boosters and doesn't have a reload window of vulnerability, she needed to be reeled in. They will scale back the nerfs if its too much, however.

-Ana will not receive dramatic changes & are content the way she's built. They do agree that she needs to be scaled back.

-They are listening, both to feedback from players and from statistics coming from the PTR itself. However, the feedback can be misleading as people who are happy with changes are less likely to be on the forums talking about it, while players who are unhappy are more likely to be vocal. The changes on the PTR account for both sides and for the numerical feedback they get.

Personally speaking, I'm not looking forward to playing the game with lackluster D.Va again and getting yelled at for playing her and not being able to do my job fully. Especially if their patterns on updates stay the same. I am still going to worry, because this does not change what they said about her in their on the official forums. But I hope they will listen to players to fix her, and don't wait another half a year to do anything to D.Va.

Sombra is whatever, as I don't play her and have no interest with trying her out. I'm fine with Roadhog & Ana's changes (Pig Boy really feels better to play now), but I agree that Ana needs some additional readjustments so that she isn't such a healing monster.

You forgot to add that he acknowledges dinoflasks dev update spoofs at 9:30.

Skii

I think Sombra's survivability is the biggest issue and not her DPS personally. All her tools are so clumsy to use in a fight. It's fine she works as an "assassin" but she has to be usable in a team fight or she'll still be useless. I'd definitely continue with the configuring of cool downs and certain animations before damage.

I love how he didn't even mention Symmetra... :/

Nothing really wrong with Symmetra. If there is, it's too early to tell.

xaosslug

the best way to get the message across to the devs that they done fucked up is to drop her like a bad habit, if she's not up to snuff. I'm gonna run her in a few games after the update but if she's not up to the job... I'll just have to drop her until they "look at her" again. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Man if Mystery Heroes somehow kept your ult charge between heroes it would be so much more enjoyable, now it's jsut so one-sided, 1 side will keep losing and lose all their charge which gives the other side the advantage again. It's so dumb

Nimby

Banned
Symmetra is honestly a mixed bag. At a low level I can see her being tough to crack. Sym just gets her shit pushed in too easily, all it takes is for the offense to get 1 pick and snowball off that because Sym still doesn't provide much to the team without teleporter or shield gen.

Aaah was about 80sr away from Masters then lost 2 matches.
One was a fair loss.
The other one our Rein decided he didnt want to play anymore so typed in chat.

"Ive never done this before"
"but im leaving"

Lol

And he left

ricelord

so in other words, we gonna have to wait till they nerf ana more, adjust dva health, and fix sombra.

NeoRaider

so in other words, we gonna have to wait till they nerf ana more, adjust dva health, and fix sombra.

I honestly don't know why it takes so long for them to do some thing. Even release small HUD change. It's just too much testing imo.

And i don't want to talk about the game content. (Not talking about skins and sprays)

cyborg009

Banned
I think Sombra's survivability is the biggest issue and not her DPS personally. All her tools are so clumsy to use in a fight. It's fine she works as an "assassin" but she has to be usable in a team fight or she'll still be useless. I'd definitely continue with the configuring of cool downs and certain animations before damage.

Nothing really wrong with Symmetra. If there is, it's too early to tell.

This is very true. The cool down for hacking is too long for me personally. That with the delay when turning visible is annoying.

ohkay

I honestly don't know why it takes so long for them to do some thing. Even release small HUD change. It's just too much testing imo.

And i don't want to talk about the game content. (Not talking about skins and sprays)
Because it takes time to actually make and test this stuff?

Blues1990

Thank you for this.

You forgot to add that he acknowledges dinoflasks dev update spoofs at 9:30.

Wait, he did? I need to listen to that part again, as I didn't even notice.

Hey, so long as they will fine tune her, then it's all good. More heroes for others to play with, etc.

She's the type of character that was built with team coordination in mind. And given my luck, I wouldn't dare to play her in Competitive unless I have someone who can follow up.

the best way to get the message across to the devs that they done fucked up is to drop her like a bad habit, if she's not up to snuff. I'm gonna run her in a few games after the update but if she's not up to the job... I'll just have to drop her until they "look at her" again. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Pretty much.

I'm not liking how fragile she is. I've been using D.Va on & off since picking up the game last June, and while I love the new Defense Matrix, it isn't why I use D.Va and it's not what makes her a good hero. It's too situational to use to protect a friendly's ultimate ability, especially with the majority of the heroes that were listed. I'm never going to be able to cover a Genji as he's using Dragon Blade, nor a Pharah rocket barrage, nor a Junkrat tire. I do cover Soldier: 76 with his Tactical Visor, but only if the situation doesn't call for me to be on top of anything else, which 9 times out of 10 it does.

Defense Matrix also didn't make her viable when it was made into a resource, and was only part of what makes her viable on her current live version. It just flat out doesn't. It lasts 4 seconds, has a very slow recharge, & it can't be used to protect D.Va because she's too squishy now when it needs to be saved for more important things.

It's important to remember that in Overwatch, consistency and reliability are crucial. D.Va won't be consistent or reliable in protecting her team with the Defense Matrix, especially when her toy robot can be destroyed in seconds. Combined with the changes to Ana's burst healing, I don't think she needed quite as drastic a change as they've enforced. 300 HP/300 Armour, or just putting her health back down to 100HP/400 Armour, would have made her easier to knock out of the MEKA, adding another way to counter her Defense Matrix, without something as big as flipping D.Va's health on its head.

However, since they are determined to forge ahead with this change, I suppose we'll just have to wait and see how it works out on the live servers.

I have around a 60% win rate with hog, but I have to play Ana in solo queue since no one will heal. Then we lose because the DPS can't perform.

That's why I've been playing S76 most of the time.

But then if I can't kill Pharah in 2-3 seconds everyone else assumes they can do better so I have to mute chat and try to not tilt.

I don't think people realize on Ilios that Pharah can basically hide under the map out of range of any DPS until she decides to pop out.

Nimby

Banned
Another meta report. Now with 10% more Pharah:

1lfb4qMbxiM.jpg

1lfb4dTxihU.jpg

1lfbjObNLlc.jpg

https://www.overbuff.com/blog/2017-01-17-overwatch-hero-tier-list-and-meta-report-a-hint-of-pharah Hope the patch comes today. I think that might be the largest F Tier the game has seen?

iosa

Symmetra is honestly a mixed bag. At a low level I can see her being tough to crack. Sym just gets her shit pushed in too easily, all it takes is for the offense to get 1 pick and snowball off that because Sym still doesn't provide much to the team without teleporter or shield gen.

A good symmetra is awful to deal with, I usually melt when I face her.

I got a POTG with her today killing 5 enemies pretty much by myself. It was mystery heroes though so not really comparable.

https://gfycat.com/PrestigiousUnselfishAsianporcupine

The first kill is not visible here, but I killed a DVa full health by luring her into 3 of my turrets.

yeah i'm just gonna keep spamming pharah. nobody knows how to aim at high gold/low plat lol.

I do, but if you play Pharah you already know how to hide behind stuff lol.

Also I'd play PTR but I have comp points to earn. Once I hit Diamond I may play PTR more often and stop stressing about getting there.

Another meta report. Now with 10% more Pharah:

https://www.overbuff.com/blog/2017-01-17-overwatch-hero-tier-list-and-meta-report-a-hint-of-pharah Hope the patch comes today. I think that might be the largest F Tier the game has seen?
I really think Rein needs some looking into at this point. He's been untouched since release but has always been a highly instrumental character. He gets overlooked because nothing about him comes off directly overpowered, but being highly used and having great utility has been a valid enough reason to nerf characters in the past.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom