• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT8| Our love will last Pharah-ver

Status
Not open for further replies.

finalflame

Why is everyone saying Sombra will counter this? We are watching two of the top pro teams go up against each other. Neither are using Sombra to counter.

I meant "Sombra's revenge" in reference to someone suggesting that bastion being ridiculous was part of the ARG. As in sombra getting revenge on being called the worst ARG ever, lol.

finalflame

I meant "Sombra's revenge" in reference to someone suggesting that bastion being ridiculous was part of the ARG. As in sombra getting revenge on being called the worst ARG ever, lol.

Wasn't singling out your comment, just read tons of "LUL3D1111!!1 BLIZZARD IS FORCING SOMBRA INTO THE META" the last few pages relating to the Bastion changes. It's not the case.

Why is everyone saying Sombra will counter this? We are watching two of the top pro teams go up against each other. Neither are using Sombra to counter.
These teams are WAY better at countering a Bastion than some random diamond game will be. And it is still the only thing thing that matters... I'm scared.

finalflame

These teams are WAY better at countering a Bastion than some random diamond game will be. And it is still the only thing thing that matters... I'm scared.

Yup. Once a dominant Bastion team establishes some kind of solid ground on payload/defense, it will be hell for an uncoordinated PUG to take it down. This is going to be fucking hell.

komaruR

I haven't tested this out, but basically you have summed it up. This is honestly one of the best changes to happen, if you ask me.

In due time. Given how they basically made Ana into a monster, I'm fine with them giving the other heroes small, gradual changes. Bastion is the exception, but people will eventually find ways to take out a Bastion-heavy set up.

looks like the seagull stream just confirmed it. if more attacker on point will delay the defender's spawn. this is a really good change.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
It's like everything bad about the tank meta again. Giant shield war clashing with a comp built around sustaining that, first one to drop loses. Rogue even tried dive comp and struggled hard to get both caps and couldn't hold against bastion.

ISOM

Yup. Once a dominant Bastion team establishes some kind of solid ground on payload/defense, it will be hell for an uncoordinated PUG to take it down. This is going to be fucking hell.

I think people underestimate how hard a Bastion was to take down on a coordinated team before the patch. Like he was seriously still hard to deal with. Now? Jesus help you.

I feel like we tell Blizzard what will be overpowered every PTR. And it always makes it to live.

Why do we have a PTR?

Looks like the best counter right now is to have you're own duo pocketed Bastion/Rein combo and hope that core of 4 is better than the opposing core.

kirblar

You thought arcade was bad for the 9 wins before? Now try arcade with no all brawls.
3v3 and Mystery heroes are still there tho?

Is there a reason that they don't have 5 maps for each KOTH group so that they don't have to re-use them in competitive? Seeing teams replay maps they already played in competitive (or replaying them in the same set as a player) feels really lame to me. For QM you could just have it pick 3/5 of the pool at random.

finalflame

People watching Carbon?

Bastion comp got destroyed by bastionless comp.

There are 25k people watching Seagull and another few thousand watching harb, iddqd, etc. There are 1.2k watching Carbon. I don't think what B-tier pro teams are doing in Carbon matters right now that some of the best players are currently doing their placements, all of which are revolving entirely around Bastion plays.

I feel like we tell Blizzard what will be overpowered every PTR. And it always makes it to live.

Why do we have a PTR?

I think people underestimate how hard a Bastion was to take down on a coordinated team before the patch. Like he was seriously still hard to deal with. Now? Jesus help you.

Yup! I've muttered a few "wow are we really gonna get rolled by a Bastion comp?". It wasn't unheard of.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
There are 25k people watching Seagull and another few thousand watching harb, iddqd, etc. There are 1.2k watching Carbon. I don't think what B-tier teams are doing in Carbon matters right now that some of the best players are currently doing their placements, all of which are revolving entirely around Bastion plays.

You know NRG is right there with the B-tier teams right? Ever wondered why they decided to completely rebuild? The whole team is comprised of people from B-tier teams.

Also lol at comparing pro play with comp queue. I can see bastion being super strong in solo q. I dunno though. could have good bastion comps but I don't think the sky is falling just yet.

finalflame

You know NRG is right there with the B-tier teams right? Ever wondered why they decided to completely rebuild?

Also lol at comparing pro play with comp queue. I can see bastion being super strong in solo q. I dunno though. could have good bastion comps but I don't think the sky is falling just yet.

Not sure what it's going to take to convince you this shit is broken, but let's return to this conversation in 1-2 weeks. I'll gladly concede if I was wrong, because it'll mean the game won't be ruined for me.

Antiwhippy

Not sure what it's going to take to convince you this shit is broken, but let's return to this conversation in 1-2 weeks. I'll gladly concede if I was wrong, because it'll mean the game won't be ruined for me.

I mean that's fine. It's pretty much what I said I was going to do. I'll wait and see before seeing if the meta is broke or not.

The thing is from what I've seen he requires a setup that is far too static.

I've never had a complaint about the sensitivities before.... Are people putting them up or pulling them down and what theoretically might work better?

Antiwhippy

Bastion cheese on defense got shut down hard by complexity. Liquid's soldier did get an unfortunate yolo scatter though.

kirblar

I've never had a complaint about the sensitivities before.... Are people putting them up or pulling them down and what theoretically might work better?
One word: Boostio!

People want to be able to fine tune their auto-targeting to avoid this, which is understandable.

KanameYuuki

Any suggestions for skills auto target sensitivity? and we have to do it per hero I would have hoped there would be a universal slider for that but we gotta change each hero.

Vitanimus

Any suggestions for skills auto target sensitivity? and we have to do it per hero I would have hoped there would be a universal slider for that but we gotta change each hero.

I found lowering Mercy sensitivity allows you to heal who you actually mean to heal and not cycle through 3 characters and hope you're healing the one you mean to.

0-3 on placement matches so far, and not just losses, but routs thanks to enemy Pharahs. I've mostly been playing healer and as Zen putting discord on her but nobody will follow up and I'm her #1 target. As Ana I try to get a shot off at her when not healing but it's not enough damage, especially when she's got a pocket Mercy. In the last match I just abandoned healer and went Soldier at the last moment but it was too late. Any suggestions?

antitrop

1TvJHO2.png
Genji Outdated
1TvJHO2.png
Ana Overrated
1TvJHO2.png
Tanks Downgraded
1TvJHO2.png
Now we are Robot Operated
1TvJHO2.png

0-3 on placement matches so far, and not just losses, but routs thanks to enemy Pharahs. I've mostly been playing healer and as Zen putting discord on her but nobody will follow up and I'm her #1 target. As Ana I try to get a shot off at her when not healing but it's not enough damage, especially when she's got a pocket Mercy. In the last match I just abandoned healer and went Soldier at the last moment but it was too late. Any suggestions?
Bastion

ISOM

Go Pharah. Like it may sound silly but I've forced a few Pharah/Mercy combo's to switch to hitscan because I was destroying their team.

KanameYuuki

I found lowering Mercy sensitivity allows you to heal who you actually mean to heal and not cycle through 3 characters and hope you're healing the one you mean to.

Gonna crank it down a lot then.

Finally had the chance to use Bastion on mystery heroes and boy it was so fun, it's like now you become public enemy #1 and you just have to shrug it while healing/walking, spread was super noticeable, I was able to do so much damage before by just firing and stopping continuously to avoid it but now I can''t really do that much across the map,

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I literally just played a game where everything was maxed out. No cooldown, fucking ridiculous movement speed, very high hp.

If you though Total Mayhem was insane before, you saw nothing lol.

We had one on the last match but I think they were mostly focusing on their Rein/front line and once we lost the first fight that was it. That's a good idea though. I haven't played him much at all but maybe his new durability in sentry mode and larger magazines will help keep her suppressed.

Go Pharah. Like it may sound silly but I've forced a few Pharah/Mercy combo's to switch to hitscan because I was destroying their team.

I'm not really good with Pharah but I would like to get better with her especially when and where to use her ult. I see your point though. I don't think we had a Pharah in a couple of the matches at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom