• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT8| Our love will last Pharah-ver

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've always defended Blizzard for the most part, but this is kind of dumb. If the Bastions knows what they're doing, the entire game revolves around responding to the Bastions.

You don't have to play alone u kno :(

I know, I played with GAFers for about a week and that was great but then we all kind of stopped queuing up together. Hard to wait for people to finish matches when I have the itch to play and then we end up staggering queues.

Hopefully the new season gets people back into it and gives me more chances to queue with y'all.

I've always defended Blizzard for the most part, but this is kind of dumb. If the Bastions knows what they're doing, the entire game revolves around responding to the Bastions.

Just as I thought. Gonna take Bastion into QP for a bit tonight then let him loose tomorrow I think.

hypernima

Banned
I know, I played with GAFers for about a week and that was great but then we all kind of stopped queuing up together. Hard to wait for people to finish matches when I have the itch to play and then we end up staggering queues.

Hopefully the new season gets people back into it and gives me more chances to queue with y'all.

Just as I thought. Gonna take Bastion into QP for a bit tonight then let him loose tomorrow I think.

I feel kinda odd still trying to form teams. :\

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
TBF, you really had to respond to a bastion even before the change. It's just that it's slightly harder now.

I'm still kinda eh overall. People thought Sym was stupid OP when her rework first released, and we see how that panned out. So many people crying about it and it turns out she's still not really that good. They only made her ok now.

So I'm not going to do a kneejerk reaction at all.

komaruR

the thread title needs to change to "True Tank Meta has Begun!" if bastion is no fluff :p

3tank,ana,bastion, flanker/kill confirmer!

IpDAgCi.gif

https://playoverwatch.com/en-us/blog/20580588

Not a lot of changes. Top 500 is only based on end of season now. You can't play just one match a week to prevent decay, instead each game you play is stored in a 'bank' up to 7 days (1 game a day) worth. So you need to play 7 games a week to prevent decay. And you can't see below 500 sr.

Not huge changes. No talk of removing either streaks or the season start bonus from S3 though, which may be a bit concerning to some.

I feel like I've heard the same refrain with sombra and sym.
We'll see, heh.

Sombra's issues were apparent immediately when she went live on the PTR - people were mostly worried about her before they could use her; in theory, a hero which is able to kill all shields and disable abilities is very powerful, but Sombra is somewhere in the middle imo.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Connection drops on my first S4 match, game doesn't even give me a chance to rejoin since it was the start of the match :[

ZangBa

7 comp games a week or you decay. Come on, Blzzz, I don't want to be a slave to your game. Arcade boxes are miserable enough.

It's arguable the Seagull accidently said that Harbleu and Ajax are on NRG now.

It was probably nothing but they have both been rumored...

IDDQD is on NRG though that was confirmed

New Bastion being pocket healed is pretty ridiculous, he really starts living up to being a literal tank.

In general though these past 3 days on OW have been some of my absolute worst since the game released, feels like I'm winning 1 game every 5 losses, most teams end up feeling incredibly mismatched, I've never known the PC players pain at Widowmaker until now when all of a sudden a full on surge of golden gun super snipers arrived on console.
My friends that came back for the New Year event have already thrown in the towel on the game once more as a result of the constant stomps and I've left almost every play session feeling far more frustrated at a video game than anyone should.
I'm not sure what this vent post is supposed to accomplish but if it weren't for a new hero tease piquing my interest I'd be benching this game for a while.....except I probably wouldn't because it's so addicting, WWHHHHHYYYY?!

gotoadgo

New Bastion being pocket healed is pretty ridiculous, he really starts living up to being a literal tank.

In general though these past 3 days on OW have been some of my absolute worst since the game released, feels like I'm winning 1 game every 5 losses, most teams end up feeling incredibly mismatched, I've never known the PC players pain at Widowmaker until now when all of a sudden a full on surge of golden gun super snipers arrived on console.
My friends that came back for the New Year event have already thrown in the towel on the game once more as a result of the constant stomps and I've left almost every play session feeling far more frustrated at a video game than anyone should.
I'm not sure what this vent post is supposed to accomplish but if it weren't for a new hero tease piquing my interest I'd be benching this game for a while.....except I probably wouldn't because it's so addicting, WWHHHHHYYYY?!

This has been my exact impressions of the past week. It's a complete and utter shit show when comp season ends as everyone starts 'practising' whatever character they want to, team synergy be damned. I've never seen so many attack widow/hanzo combos.

I think I'll play Horizon/Zelda for the next week and let the dust of the new patch settle.

papasmurf1038

Neo Member
If anyone wants to group up for placements, I'm at the same username on ps4.

Also, did the critical hitbox change for Winston not go through? Didn't see it mentioned in the patch notes anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom