• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT8| Our love will last Pharah-ver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Woo-Fu

Banned
Only Bastions I see getting anything done have a Reinhardt in one pocket and a Mercy in the other.

Feel bad for Reinhardt though, his only purpose will be to shield Bastion because if his team doesn't have Bastion and the other one does his shield evaporates in seconds.

sappyday

WTF!!

I placed 2301 despite winning 6/10 matches, me getting majority of gold medals and two losses being cause others left. While in the last seasons I would win at most 4 matches and always felt like I did bad in them, and yet I would always get around the 2700-2900 area l.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
I transcend on the first point of Numbani so that my D.Va could swoop down from the bridge and do some damage, stays up there the entire time I'm transcended....

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
WTF!!

I placed 2301 despite winning 6/10 matches, me getting majority of gold medals and two losses being cause others left. While in the last seasons I would win at most 4 matches and always felt like I did bad in them, and yet I would always get around the 2700-2900 area l.

What's your season end rank?

Zarya for me was a great counter for bastion. He charged me and I took out the Rein with Tracer help and bastion was defenseless. Finished 2 and 2 tonight. Feel real good considering I finished 2 and 8 last season :/

Mine01

I won 6/10 and placed 2970, last season ended 3300 I think, looks like for 6/10 wins u get - 400 points.. maybe 100 point for each loss..??? Mhhh

Gorillaz

WTF!!

yea heard apparently people were all getting put a few SRs lower then usual for the placement

l2ounD

I got lucky and finished my placements at 8-2. Only dropped a few points from last season. I think only 2-3 games were actually decent with the rest being steamrolled.

randome

Anyone have tips for Zarya? Occasionally Ill play amazing with her, but other times ill just get fucking shredded and its kinda disheartening.

man no matter what i do, whether teaming up with some competent players or solo queueing i cant buy a fucking win.

I know I'm not this bad.

this shit is about to place me at like 500 bronze.

Anne

overview.png

Console chart for S3 comp http://www.omnicmeta.com/2017/02/console-competitive-ladder-season-3.html

Posting PC chart again for the sake of comparison:

So from these early reports seems like people will get placed lower than last season's ending rank. Makes sense if they still give you more SR in the first games, this way they can avoid the easy climbs that happened last season.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
It's such an uphill battle to get out of platinum/diamond. Every other game is a bunch of people throwing and than there's stacks that think they're hot shit who'll single out a player as the reason the entire team is failing or people refusing to switch because let's run 4 DPS 1 Tank 1 Support!

randome

Does anyone actually enjoy playing as Reinhard? I have tried him out several times but it seems like I always end up just shielding the entire time.

Also, tonight I played a game with a mei who maliciously used the ice wall to fuck the team up. It was so frustrating. First time I've ever quit.

Antiwhippy

Rein is the most fun tank to me because he's the most distilled form of the art of tanking in this game. You really need to understand the macro game at a high level to play rein and that's real fun to me.

Does anyone actually enjoy playing as Reinhard? I have tried him out several times but it seems like I always end up just shielding the entire time.

Also, tonight I played a game with a mei who maliciously used the ice wall to fuck the team up. It was so frustrating. First time I've ever quit.

I enjoy playing Reinhardt a ton.You're the team captain, you are doing most of the callouts. I picked up Reinhardt very late and learned on the job in comp play and have improved a lot. You need to judge when to swing and charge and if you have a Zarya and/or Ana/Mercy backing you up you can just wreck people.

ohkay

I play a fair amount of Reinhardt and he is one of my favorite characters. You have to manage your shield and aggression to be successful. There's a lot of decision making that will greatly affect team fights, since you're the big rectangle protecting everyone.

I hate that I won't be able to do my placements til next week or so

LiK

I don't understand how to play Rein effectively at all. Watched guides and Pro play and I still don't get it.

Antiwhippy

Neither does having last season greatly effect the current one but here we are

But it does though? It's not like you're going to drastically improve or get worse during the one week. Unless you really believe you don't belong in the SR you ended up on at the end of the season.

Nimby

Banned
Big difference with Ana, not surprising. They should add an auto-aim option for your teammates on console.

Ana is very unoptimized for console. No aim assist on teammates, so if the comp is tank-low I usually will just go Zen or Mercy, hitboxes being generous helps but it still doesn't feel right. But aim assist will 100% fuck up your aim if you're trying to heal someone surrounded by enemies, but without it you can't hit the broadside of a barn.

EMT0

Banned
Bastion really is match distorting. He can absolutely ruin Lucio and the worst part is you can't even boop him while he's in turret mode which feels like crap. No reason why I shouldn't be able to boop him if he's gonna sit right by the well in Ilios.

AbaFadi

Banned
So are people placing lower than last season's rank? Is that what I'm reading here?
I haven't finished my placements (4-0 so far), but judging by my friends list, I think so. Not by too much though, looks to be about 100-200 less. Placements seem like they matter a little bit more than they did last season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom