• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT8| Our love will last Pharah-ver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blues1990

If anyone wants to group up for placements, I'm at the same username on ps4.

Also, did the critical hitbox change for Winston not go through? Didn't see it mentioned in the patch notes anywhere.

Mercy, Roadhog, and Winston's changes have gone through and are live with today's update. It feels good to play Mercy now, me-thinks.

IKizzLE

I like the changes they are doing to Top 500. Those games used to be mad awful because people would get there, and just start throwing.

Hello everyone :)

I've been busy all day today and I was just wondering if you all think Bastion is viable in comp play with his new changes? He was my main a long time ago and I want to play him again without being unless lol.

Hello everyone :)

I've been busy all day today and I was just wondering if you all think Bastion is viable in comp play with his new changes? He was my main a long time ago and I want to play him again without being unless lol.
There has literally never been a better time to main Bastion, plus people will not have adapted yet. Run free.

komaruR

im wondering, so for 2cp, if like say the attacker have more ppl on B point and kills the defender, the defender team gets a delayed respawn base on if attacker team has more people on point? if so, this will alleviate the stupid defender advantage for being so close to point and + it can encourage attacker team to jump on point.

im more concern about 2cp than koth

and seagull stream is so much fun to watch now. they trying out bastion metas lol

papasmurf1038

Neo Member
Mercy, Roadhog, and Winston's changes have gone through and are live with today's update. It feels good to play Mercy now, me-thinks.

Ah they snuck Winston into the patch notes with an edit just now, rad. I'm excited for the Mercy buff too, though she's always gonna be limited until they give her a movement ability that doesn't depend upon her teammates' positioning.

Gorillaz

I still have the conspiracy theory of them putting bastion as how he was in ptr is so more people can get comfortable in actually knowing how to infiltrate as sombra...and probably to fuck with the dying tank meta

Jellie

Not a fan of the 7 games a week requirement. I was having to do 1 a week sometimes when I was busy. Guess I'll be 3000 for most the season then.

Gotta love those moments where the whole game has stalled out, it feels impossible. 30 seconds on the clock, make drastic switch for almost every player then storm the point with a serious ult disadvantage and go on to win the game. Delayed spawns seemed to help. 2-1 for the night, nice start to the season :)

komaruR

I still have the conspiracy theory of them putting bastion as how he was in ptr is so more people can get comfortable in actually knowing how to infiltrate as sombra...and probably to fuck with the dying tank meta

i agree a sombra's emp would be really good now since rein is next to bastion now. with emp going off, both bastion and rein will be defenseless/or no ironclad modes

So honestly, how are you suppose to win in CTF if both team play seriously with Torb, Sym and Bastion ?
I just won because the other team had someone dropped, but got 4 draws before it.

You thought arcade was bad for the 9 wins before? Now try arcade with no all brawls.
3v3 was always the fastest way to get them.

Betty

Banned
I'm NEVER getting that cool top 500 spray if you have to be IN the top 500 when the season ends, nope, not happening.

Vitanimus

This Bastion is absolutely disgusting
cBj1LTf.png

Blues1990

im wondering, so for 2cp, if like say the attacker have more ppl on B point and kills the defender, the defender team gets a delayed respawn base on if attacker team has more people on point? if so, this will alleviate the stupid defender advantage for being so close to point and + it can encourage attacker team to jump on point.

im more concern about 2cp than koth

and seagull stream is so much fun to watch now. they trying out bastion metas lol

I haven't tested this out, but basically you have summed it up. This is honestly one of the best changes to happen, if you ask me.

Ah they snuck Winston into the patch notes with an edit just now, rad. I'm excited for the Mercy buff too, though she's always gonna be limited until they give her a movement ability that doesn't depend upon her teammates' positioning.

In due time. Given how they basically made Ana into a monster, I'm fine with them giving the other heroes small, gradual changes. Bastion is the exception, but people will eventually find ways to take out a Bastion-heavy set up.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
From looking at matches so far, I think the spread in recon is not as drastic as I think it was when it comes to minimising damage at a distance for smaller targets.

I'll again wait to see more before judging but if things are like how seagull's stream is I don't think I'll be a fan of this meta. Hopefully if things turn sour the fix is quick and not the protracted meta that is the DVA/soldier meta lol.

finalflame

From looking at matches so far, I think the spread in recon is not as drastic as I think it was when it comes to minimising damage at a distance for smaller targets.

I'll again wait to see more before judging but if things are like how seagull's stream is I don't think I'll be a fan of this meta. Hopefully if things turn sour the fix is quick and not the protracted meta that is the DVA/soldier meta lol.

As I called a few pages ago: it's going to break the game until Blizzard readjusts. I have no idea how this made untouched into Live.

Sigh.

Every game I've played today since the patch has included a Bastion on both sides. For the most part I've been on the winning team but I don't really care for it.

Playing as Zen it was apparent how easy it was to keep the Bastion alive, especially if the other healer is focusing him. Feel like it's only a matter of time before I'm on the other end and find a bastion centered team that are impossible to break through.

Blu(e)

Yeah I expected the no headshot and increase spray wouldn't be an issue. Always thought people who said this was a nerf were off. Kind of like how people said hook 2.0 was a nerf. I said I would play Bastion like this and he feels way more fun personally. Just have to adjust those numbers I feel.

finalflame

Every game I've played today since the patch has included a Bastion on both sides. For the most part I've been on the winning team but I don't really care for it.

Playing as Zen it was apparent how easy it was to keep the Bastion alive, especially if the other healer is focusing him. Feel like it's only a matter of time before I'm on the other end and find a bastion centered team that are impossible to break through.

My first QP game after work a Bastion with two healers pocketing him rolled the entire map on Gibraltar entirely uncontested as nobody on my team could stay alive for more than 10 seconds and kill the Bastion. I was on the receiving end of that bullshit.

So much "fun". Fucking closed the game and won't open it again until Blizzard fixes this.

Did Seagull just right-click heal through ulted Winston soloing him? This is jokes.

Yup.

Skii

Even Rogue's dive comp is struggling vs Bastion lol. They have to use so many resources to kill Bastion that they have nothing else for the rest of the team.

DevilDog

I can't stop laughing.

What the hell is Blizzard smoking holy shit.

INB4 this is on purpose to make us fear the omnics just before the new hero drops

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom