• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT8| Our love will last Pharah-ver

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiK

watching a bit of Stylosa's placement stream and his group lost more than won. curious what his SR will end up being.

Jellie

3-2 so far on my placements matches, one game we kinda had a thrower. Good games so far, last game was 8-6 on Kings Row to finally win it, one of the better games I've played so far had to do some Mercy so we could sustain the overtime.

8-6 damn. How much time leftover for each round?

PatjuhR

Wow, guess its just me then.

I understand it is an open map. Maybe thats the problem for me now. I dont know it good enough yet.

KiraFA37

8-6 damn. How much time leftover for each round?
First round they had 1 minute left and we 2:20 I think, second round we both ended in overtime, third round was grace 1 minute for both sides and we pushed almost into the final point but we full held on defense. Was a good game.

I've had worse though, once had a Volskaya game in which we played 4 rounds. Still gives me nightmares.

Oasis is pretty good, all 3 maps have a fair amount of entry points to the point of contention.
Though I'm not too fond of the stage with the bounce pad.

Grief.exe

How do I oneshot hooked people as Hog?
Do I aim for the head? It's not working half of the time :(

I haven't played Hog yet, but you probably need to be holding W and Left Click as you hook, aim towards the upper torso/neck regioin, and the shot will go off as soon as the animation finishes. Some characters like Rein, Winston, and Hog (?) you actually aim for the head since his hitbox is so huge.

You may have to string the combo together to kill, right click, hook, left click.

Grief.exe

This meta looks like a disaster, going to wait until next week to do placements.

2gdgr9B.png

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Too many bad bastions now that don't know when to recon, when to turret or when to even start healing themselves.

WhyMe6

Went 5-4-1 on placements, got 2098, 600 lower than my S3 peak and around 200-300 (I can't remember exactly) than my S3 end. I usually get placed around 2300-2400, so it's a shame I have to climb a bit higher to get those extra 200 points for my next gold weapon :(

Regrettably, I only played Sombra for my last match, and EMP feels even better with Bastion around more.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
This meta looks like a disaster, going to wait until next week to do placements.

2gdgr9B.png

Eh.

Overwatch reddit lol. That's about as bad as taking balance suggestions from the blizzard forums.

The same subreddit where the mods made such a big deal on their refusal to add competitiveoverwatch and Overwatch University on the sidebar. The people there don't care about the meta of the game, only the boring highlights they can get the most upvotes on.

These example posts of OP Bastion on Reddit are hilariously bad.

It's like they're purposefully ignoring the fact that there are 5 other people on the team that are also contributing something.

Here is a Bastion getting healed by an Ana, as well as a really dumb Ana shooting at him and throwing her grenade AFTER her clip is empty (not to mention the missed sleep dart on a stationary target:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hM39Nny-EdM&feature=youtu.be

Here is a Bastion getting healed by an Ana and a Zenyatta that survives a Genji+Ana Ult. If only the Genji would have attacked the healers first... You know, the targets he can 1HKO...
https://clips.twitch.tv/ConfidentSuspiciousMilkAMPTropPunch

Here is a Bastion getting healed by an Ana and a Mercy. No idea why the Rein didn't charge the Bastion. Though it looks like in this clip, they were getting pinched from both sides.
https://clips.twitch.tv/BlazingSourPoxAliens

This one is just dumb because the Tracer wasn't even at full health, and should have waited for her Ult or something. She was litereally going to die in 6 bullets. A pre-patch bastion would have killed her just as fast.
https://gfycat.com/SkinnyConcernedEchidna

Basically, this is about 2 things. Firstly, you'll notice there was an Ana healing the Bastion in almost every single clip here. This is more about Ana being OP than Bastion is. Or the fact that Ana's Grenade with Bastion makes for crazy synergy. Secondly, and this is not new information, you do NOT attack the big tank target shooting you with the mini gun.

Basically:

Edit: I turned this into a thread on Reddit. Feel free to toss it an upvote to spread the message: https://www.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/comments/5wzel9/because_it_seems_like_everyone_has_forgotten_how/

I was just in a QP game on eichenwalde defence, which we won.

I was Reinhardt and I had 25k damage blocked, silver skins and gold objective time.

After the match ends I get a message from our mercy calling me a "complete moron".

I will never know what compels people to do things like that.

Jellie

These example posts of OP Bastion on Reddit are hilariously bad.

It's like they're purposefully ignoring the fact that there are 5 other people on the team that are also contributing something.

Here is a Bastion getting healed by an Ana, as well as a really dumb Ana shooting at him and throwing her grenade AFTER her clip is empty (not to mention the missed sleep dart on a stationary target:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hM39Nny-EdM&feature=youtu.be

Here is a Bastion getting healed by an Ana and a Zenyatta that survives a Genji+Ana Ult. If only the Genji would have attacked the healers first... You know, the targets he can 1HKO...
https://clips.twitch.tv/ConfidentSuspiciousMilkAMPTropPunch

Here is a Bastion getting healed by an Ana and a Mercy. No idea why the Rein didn't charge the Bastion. Though it looks like in this clip, they were getting pinched from both sides.
https://clips.twitch.tv/BlazingSourPoxAliens

This one is just dumb because the Tracer wasn't even at full health, and should have waited for her Ult or something. She was litereally going to die in 6 bullets. A pre-patch bastion would have killed her just as fast.
https://gfycat.com/SkinnyConcernedEchidna

Basically, this is about 2 things. Firstly, you'll notice there was an Ana healing the Bastion in almost every single clip here. This is more about Ana being OP than Bastion is. Or the fact that Ana's Grenade with Bastion makes for crazy synergy. Secondly, and this is not new information, you do NOT attack the big tank target shooting you with the mini gun.

Basically:

Edit: I turned this into a thread on Reddit. Feel free to toss it an upvote to spread the message: https://www.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/comments/5wzel9/because_it_seems_like_everyone_has_forgotten_how/
Nano'd wholehog and mercy ana pocketing him was unable to kill bastion before bastion killed hog in our game just now.

J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
Seagull streamed the other day with the rest of NRG, pretty fun stuff: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/125492423

What's more funny is that they are just having a ton of laughs at this new Bastion update in every game they play. Honestly they sound like a bunch of drunk friends having fun, yet they are easily winning all of their matches with Bastion. They know how broken the character is right now so their attitude is just like 'Screw it, bastion all day every day. Let's party.'

8 wins, 2 draws but 1677 placement score which is pretty bad .... I guess understandable since my final score last season was pretty low. I also never broke into platinum either despite being close (2450-ish). I guess it wasn't smart to give up and plow through games at a lower rank as a support main solo queueing... Plummeting my rank to 1700ish. We'll see if I can find it in me to work my way up this time around.

Haven't had any issues with Bastions so far. Most of them suck and don't know what they're doing. I have a feeling people are complaining about Bastion because they're getting owned by him and when they attempt to use him they're totally clueless. I think he still sucks.

J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
They should bring back hero stacking for comp, keep finding ways to improve the game.

Speaking of this, word of advice for those who want the weekly arcade loot boxes, whatever you do don't play No Limits mode this week. Unless of course you like 6v6 or 5v5(with one healer) Bastion matches.

DevilDog

Haven't had any issues with Bastions so far. Most of them suck and don't know what they're doing. I have a feeling people are complaining about Bastion because they're getting owned by him and when they attempt to use him they're totally clueless. I think he still sucks.

Rank?

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Nano'd wholehog and mercy ana pocketing him was unable to kill bastion before bastion killed hog in our game just now.

Tbf it would have been more productive to hook him and one shot him in recon, or for ana to sleep and nade the bastion instead of pocketing hog.

Man Seagull is such an entertaining and chill dude. Watching a recording of his stream last night when they played against Rogue - he has such great personality and makes even playing Bastion entertaining.

Syder

Done 8/10 of my placements now...

2 losses, 2 draws, 1 loss, 1 win and then 2 losses

All I can say is fuck Bastion really
wtzgU.gif

LQX

Something is up. My connection dropped today for the first time ever and I'm noticing a lot of players are also dropping randomly.

KanameYuuki

I hate whatever they did to aiming on PS4, I just can't hit anything now, auto aim just kicks in from really far away really strong and it is just so disorienting, making it impossible to use heroes with projectiles and even with solider, do they want the game to play by itself? I'm sure it wasn't like this yesterday.

Now I'll have to try and try to check how much to decrease auto aim x.x

Doing my placement matches, and got with a group of five that only seem interested in taking a minute to choose their hero and then just run around the spawn for the duration of the match. It's like an entire team whose goal it is to just screw over whichever solo person gets with them. I don't understand the appeal.

maomaoIYP

Okay, my patch finally finished and yeah, there's something different about the console aiming.

It almost feels like the aim assist kicks in from a larger distance now? Idk, not sure, it just feels "stronger" somehow but I did the tracer test like in my gif and it looked the same. :/
Thanks for testing, after your initial response I booted up my PS4 again and redid your test mimicking your tracer's distance from the bots and the end result looks exactly like your gif, but somehow the aim assist does feel stronger. Can't place my finger on it either.

randome

Damn, didn't know they gave bastion a damage reduction buff in tank/turret form. No wonder it seemed so hard to kill him. Bastion + Mercy is also very hard to deal with for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom