• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT8| Our love will last Pharah-ver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Woo-Fu

Banned
I don't think Bastion being in every match is indicative of his overall strength. It happens whenever a hero gets a major rework or a new hero is introduced. Everybody wants to try it out. Revisit a week from now and then if you still have a Bastion in every match there might be a problem. :)

When was sombra actually scary other then the character reveals and info dump? I remember once she came out on ptr the "lolsombra" jokes came out fast.

She's always been scary if you play Zenyatta.

I want a bug that makes your character model tiny and you have the tiny hitboxes but the same hitboxes for your attacks.

Like, I want to see a tiny Reinhardt smacking people from what seems like super long range.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
JBiB2fo.jpg

Almost like there's a running theme from season 2 onwards

Stanky's 3 stack shat on Rogue last night. Rogue seems kind of awful.

Mr Git

When was sombra actually scary other then the character reveals and info dump? I remember once she came out on ptr the "lolsombra" jokes came out fast.

As a Tracey main she's always been pretty scary. Unless they're a bad Sombra obvs. Like Tracer she is non stop saying things quite loudly though so if I'm on the ball I can keep tabs on her.

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
Haven't been paying attention to the buffs that were coming for Bastion...Ironclad, if I'm understanding correctly, allows armor to regenerate??? Is this for all characters with armor, or just Bastion?

Am I understanding correctly?

antitrop

Haven't been paying attention to the buffs that were coming for Bastion...Ironclad, if I'm understanding correctly, allows armor to regenerate??? Is this for all characters with armor, or just Bastion?

Am I understanding correctly?
It only applies to Bastion and gives him 35% damage reduction while in Sentry or Tank configuration.

LiK

Even Kephrii ended up switching to Bastion for some matches and boy is watching Bastion play boring as fuck. This new meta is gonna ruin streams for me lol

ended palcements at 3336 went something like 4wins 1 draw 5 losses. or the other way round
last match should have 100% been a win but our soldier disoconnected in middle of last push where he had tac visor and we had advantage aaarfafafda.

not too fusses on that placement about 250-300sr from my s3 season high

literally no one said this

though now we should see more of her just because EMP is so good against bastion

https://www.reddit.com/r/Competitiv..._on_sombra_sombra_is_just_too_powerful_as_it/

All the usual suspects on youtube were blabbing the same thing. Stylosa - "Sombra is so strong right now guys. The strength of Sombra is just wow! Sombra is swole as fuck right now" ...15 minutes later.

I remember briefly after the Hanzo buffs you had multiple people claiming the Hanzopocalypse was coming. For about a week I could play my main without getting screamed at and then everyone went back to being a hater lol. There's just too much ignorance on what a projectile hitbox actually does because you have too many new kids coming in who never played the old school stuff. The miserly ones in overwatch just help clean up hit detection they don't give you an appreciable advantage.

that's good. hope it also fixes some other glitches in general. maybe i'll do placements tonight.

It looks like the mode is back. It was taken down yesterday. I'll try a few rounds and see.

As for placements, I did 3 last night and had absolutely no glitches, issues or problems, minus a 4 stack that instalocked 2 DPS and 2 healing and then proceeded to provide dfjal;sdkfjlkasdjflsdajfklsadj neither.

Skii

Let me know your test results, I'm not entirely sure that 2 days of playing Horizon has messed up my internal aiming calibration for OW.

Well at least it seems that I'm not the only one. I guess I'll have to try it again tomorrow before I start up Horizon as well.
Okay, my patch finally finished and yeah, there's something different about the console aiming.

It almost feels like the aim assist kicks in from a larger distance now? Idk, not sure, it just feels "stronger" somehow but I did the tracer test like in my gif and it looked the same. :/

Okay, my patch finally finished and yeah, there's something different about the console aiming.

It almost feels like the aim assist kicks in from a larger distance now? Idk, not sure, it just feels "stronger" somehow but I did the tracer test like in my gif and it looked the same. :/
If that's true, then the dominant Pharmercy is going to have a hard time. Good change.

But... That also means Soldier is much better though. :/

LiK

does this apply to Ana?

Edwardo

Hmm, 2-2-1 so far in placements. It's a step up from 1-9 last season, lol. I'll definitely be finishing these up tonight. It's crazy though, all of my games so far (other than the draw) have been a complete stop either way.

Roubjon

I'm not really a fan of buffing the auto-aim correct on Consoles, but whatever. I get the buff too, so it shouldn't change much.

Was doing a placement and we got full held on Eichenwalde point A. So now we are on defense and they have two ticks on A and we go into overtime and I have my (second) teleporter up as Symmetra. I am running around on point and their team didn't focus me at all for some reason and I kill their Mercy and Ana and Zarya as Genji gets nanoboosted and pops blade. He doesn't go for me, but my team who is mostly up on the balcony. They all die but one and I manage to kill nanoed Genji and Tracer and we draw it out. Lesson: focus Symmtera when she is in close to the whole enemy team lol.

TheOddOne

No it isn't lol. It's extremely entertaining to watch two top teams try and navigate Bastion on the first day in placements.

I know we all hate Bastion now but lets not claim it's boring to watch two pro team 6 stacks end up facing each other in placements and doing weird strats to beat each other.
Yeah, it was. I would rather watch bland Soldier 76 play.

LiK

LOL, Kephrii just road the payload as Bastion all the way to the end nonstop killing everything with a Rein and Mercy protecting him. It was like easy mode.

Hey PS4 bros. Horizon is legitimately great, so i think that will be getting most of my time for a bit. BUT if you guys are making a group for comp and need an extra you can still invite me.

LiK

Hey PS4 bros. Horizon is legitimately great, so i think that will be getting most of my time for a bit. BUT if you guys are making a group for comp and need an extra you can still invite me.

lemme know if you wanna duo queue for placements. like old times. i'm pllanning to play maybe tonight or tomorrow.

*turns on overwatch*

Hmm, maybe some quick play to get me started.
Half the team isn't playing seriously, genji keeps spamming hello and dying, widowmaker practicing her aim by missing pharah, I'm limping along with gold and silver galore as Zen.

Well, that was a condensed summary of my last week in one game.

Match 2 is then a complete doss for me as we steamroll through Dorado, I miss hard fought matches.

KiraFA37

3-2 so far on my placements matches, one game we kinda had a thrower. Good games so far, last game was 8-6 on Kings Row to finally win it, one of the better games I've played so far had to do some Mercy so we could sustain the overtime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom