• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT8| Our love will last Pharah-ver

Status
Not open for further replies.
Btw when Reinhardts shield breaks what are you supposed to do

I usually just back up behind cover while I wait for it but I feel like this leaves your team completely unprotected, but if you don't do this you'll get focused and die.

kirblar

I usually just back up behind cover while I wait for it but I feel like this leaves your team completely unprotected, but if you don't do this you'll get focused and die.
That's exactly what you and they are supposed to do. They can see your shield, it's not your fault if they don't pay attention.

Owzers

I used to take the second option, let roadhog hook you.

Grief.exe

That's about it.

Just make your team aware so Ana can save a grenade, Zarya shield, Dva DM, etc.

That's about it.

Just make your team aware so Ana can save a grenade, Zarya shield, Dva DM, etc.

I used to take the second option, let roadhog hook you.

That's exactly what you and they are supposed to do. They can see your shield, it's not your fault if they don't pay attention.
Cool, thanks. Wish there was an easy way for your team to see how strong the shield is. I know it has cracks but they're sometimes hard to see and if you're being quickly focused there isn't much time to determine crack level :p

Jellie

Mic up. Tell them status of your shield.

5-1-4 for placements and ended at 3295 which is only slightly worse than where I spent the majority of time last season so pretty happy with that. Only one bad game really where it felt like we were doing nothing, most of the losses were reasonable games that we lost the edge in. No bad team comps either as far as I can remember which is refreshing. Dunno if I got lucky or the system is actually adjusting and getting fairer matches.

5-1-4 for placements and ended at 3295 which is only slightly worse than where I spent the majority of time last season so pretty happy with that. Only one bad game really where it felt like we were doing nothing, most of the losses were reasonable games that we lost the edge in. No bad team comps either as far as I can remember which is refreshing. Dunno if I got lucky or the system is actually adjusting and getting fairer matches.

I'm guessing you meant 5-4-1?

I'm curious where the game will put me, I got into the 3500's briefly last season but spent the majority of my time getting creamed in the Gaf six stack around 3000-3300. And ended the season decayed to 3000.

So now that the Bastion changes are out of PTR, how's the change looking? Haven't had a chance to hop on the game to check it out, but I've heard a ton of complaining and have seen some worrying gifs of Bastion healing through Soldiers unloading their clips onto him and a Genji Ult. But I don't know if that's an actual issue or if it's just obligatory post-buff complaining.

Jellie

So now that the Bastion changes are out of PTR, how's the change looking? Haven't had a chance to hop on the game to check it out, but I've heard a ton of complaining and have seen some worrying gifs of Bastion healing through Soldiers unloading their clips onto him and a Genji Ult. But I don't know if that's an actual issue or if it's just obligatory post-buff complaining.

It's fun
when you have the bastion, reinhardt, mercy, ana and they don't.

Jellie

Reinhardt calls out his shield status as its going down. Anyone with even minimal situational awareness will notice this. I call it out on comms anyways, but it shouldn't be necessary.

Doesn't hurt to say the exact number. Like 1500, 1000, 500. Putting shield down to recharge.

antitrop

Oh man, the only thing more fun than fighting a pocketed Bastion is fighting a pocketed Bastion with a fucking Shield Generator up on him.

Nazo

I haven't played the game seriously in months, I never even did my season 3 placements. I was thinking of diving back in since Doomfist is just on the horizon but from what I've been reading from people about the current meta I might just stay away from the game just a tad longer...

Skii

Yeah I think Bastion might be a little overpowered.

I was using nano wholehog with an Ana and Mercy healing me and he still killed me before I killed him. I don't think I did even half his HP. Since wholehog doesn't push sentry bastion, you think you'd be able to kill him but nope.

Even normal Sentry Bastion can kill tank config Bastion easily.

I'm guessing you meant 5-4-1?
That's the one. I'm guessing you'd hit mid 3000s with an even 5-5. Gotta see if the post placement bonus is still here though!
Things I survived and went on to kill attacker as bastion today:
-Ana sleep, shoot and nade
-Mcree flashbang into fan at point blank range
-D.va hugging close and unloading into me
-Zen discord and near full volley
-Roadhog ult right on me
He's pretty good.

Delivering real time shield numbers would surely often end up having you sound like one of those dudes in a control room as part of some hollywood blockbuster seeing how fast it can drop when focused upon
"Shields down to 1500! no 800! I can't hold it any longer it's going dooooown!"

antitrop

The last 2 hours I played were just depressing. Building your team around Bastion isn't fun, playing against him isn't fun, nothing about this is fun.

Bring back 50% Discord, bring back Nano speed boost, anything is better than this dumb shit. There's only so much one person can do to take him down now, and asking for teamwork out of Overwatch is laughable.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I still can't say I've felt bastion being that dominant honestly.

But whatever. With the amount of complaints they'll probably do a fix sooner or later and I don't really mind if bastion goes back to being useless again.

Also trying to run a bastion comp into another bastion comp isn't really the way to do it but whatever.

PatjuhR

I dont really see the Bastion problem tbh.

Sure, he was in almost all of my placement matches and 3 season games (if not all) on both teams, but he didn't cause to much problems.

Antiwhippy

I wonder how much is just people memeing "ugh bastion strong must run bastion against bastion" instead of putting some effort to countering him.

antitrop

I dont really see the Bastion problem tbh.

Sure, he was in almost all of my placement matches and 3 season games (if not all) on both teams, but he didn't cause to much problems.
He's not even fun to play with on your team, he's like Widowmaker.

Ya, I won most of the games I played today, but was I having fun? Absolutely not.

darklin0

Banned
I would assume you should use a Zarya + Tracer/Hanzo combo against a Bastion comp.

I have not played comp yet so I am just speculating.

And Zelda soon too

Blizzard could have probably kept me around with another hero, even just an announcement or something, because I'm helpless when it comes to Overwatch. But yesterday was a letdown for me, no announcement in addition to a pretty meh patch, and no big changes for season 4. I think it's a good time for a bit of a break.

I find Bastion a lot of fun to play. He's like a fun version of Soldier 76.

I wish everyone were less negative about this development. He might need to be toned down a bit, but another character is viable, and I think that's a great thing.

I try to find cover to chill behind and let the shield recover before it breaks. Around 500 health I step back, and I walk behind the cover slowly so my team kind of gets the idea.

PatjuhR

He's not even fun to play with on your team, he's like Widowmaker.

Ya, I won most of the games I played today, but was I having fun? Absolutely not.

I understand you, because you have to focus on eliminating the Bastion all the times and I can see that being annoying.

antitrop

In brighter news, the Mercy buff already paid off a few clutch times today. I pulled off a pretty tricky play today that I was proud of and wouldn't have been able to do before. Between this and the HP regen buff from before, her overall survivability is in a much better place than it was a few months ago.

She still needs an 'E', obviously.

Antiwhippy

I understand you, because you have to focus on eliminating the Bastion all the times and I can see that being annoying.

It's more like if you're running a bastion comp you are running a really immobile setup.

I can see that being pretty boring especially if you're playing mercy.

Blizzard could have probably kept me around with another hero, even just an announcement or something, because I'm helpless when it comes to Overwatch. But yesterday was a letdown for me, no announcement in addition to a pretty meh patch, and no big changes for season 4. I think it's a good time for a bit of a break.

I completely agree, most exciting thing for me was the new respawn cooldown for cp maps lol

antitrop

It's more like if you're running a bastion comp you are running a really immobile setup.

I can see that being pretty boring especially if you're playing mercy.

An immobile Mercy really is just a terrible Ana. Guardian Angel is what makes her fun and unique to play and you're sure as shit not getting any action out of your Shift key when you have a Bastion on your team.

Antiwhippy

An immobile Mercy really is just a terrible Ana. Guardian Angel is what makes her fun and unique to play and you're sure as shit not getting any action out of your Shift key when you have a Bastion on your team.

Haha yeah, if I see a mercy instalocker I usually go pharah
mostly because she's the only DPS I know how to play well and someone took the healer spot from me. :mad:

Ayumi

If I ranked ok on S1 and bad on S2 but haven't played S3, how much will that matter if I were to do my placement matches in S4?

I honestly mostly avoid Comp because it isn't for me.. but I want to be good, and I felt like pushing in S2 helped me a little.

How much am I weighed down by my old ranks (but haven't played S3) even if I do decently during S4 placements? Should I just get another account?

This is the least I've enjoyed the game ever, I think. It honestly feels like it's been getting less and less fun since S2, with the exception of Sombra hijinks.

ISOM

Yeah Bastion play is pretty boring to watch. I was thinking this to myself as I watched some streamers play Bastion.

KillGore

Man, fuck bastion

All of my matches have revolved around killing him and then worry about the rest of the team. Well, him and mercy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom