• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT8| Our love will last Pharah-ver

Status
Not open for further replies.
2placement matches.
bastions in both teams both times.

1-1 so far.
the match we lost our bastion kept goin on mad flanks... by himself
i hate this buff tbh

Last night I was on a team where our Roadhog said he is "unplayable now". I was glad he said this, because it meant I got to pick Roadhog and carry the team. :-D I hope he continues to fall out of favor because people can't handle a 2 second reduction on his hook.

Anne

With 300 health to start I think the Nade + Bastion's own healing can get him out of that even without the passive. Ana with 120 a shot on a decent RoF + whatever Bastion has on his HPS. Hell is his HPS in general is decent Ana shots barely matter. Nanoblade is good but it's not some instakill death machine without swiftstrike resets.

The whole situation is weird. Healing mechanics in Overwatch in general are at a state where they are just ridiculous unless you can burst through the hero. Bastion is unburtsable and has a self healing mechanic now which just hasn't been in the game before. Oh wait it has, Roadhog.

Last night I was on a team where our Roadhog said he is "unplayable now". I was glad he said this, because it meant I got to pick Roadhog and carry the team. :-D I hope he continues to fall out of favor because people can't handle a 2 second reduction on his hook.

His spread change is so good though. Holy shit man I was watching Moonmoon last night and he was tearing it up with shots that usually wouldn't kill before.

Jellie

He's pretty much unchanged tbh. Me and Skii ended up in a qp game full of GMs last night and the Roadhog mains were saying how its a minor nerf and the gun is much better now too so could be seen as overall buff.
Tried him out once and yeah he's good but I can't really compare to what he was before since I never played him much.

His spread change is so good though. Holy shit man I was watching Moonmoon last night and he was tearing it up with shots that usually wouldn't kill before.
Yeah, I'm a big fan. I also think a lot of Roadhog players don't understand how to use his right-click well. Three times in the last week I've 1-shot a squishy because I got the spacing just right, and it makes me all giddy inside. Getting better at that is a goal of mine.

He's pretty much unchanged tbh. Me and Skii ended up in a qp game full of GMs last night and the Roadhog mains were saying how its a minor nerf and the gun is much better now too so could be seen as overall buff.
Tried him out once and yeah he's good but I can't really compare to what he was before since I never played him much.
That's pretty much how I feel. My only issue right now is adjusting to the hook placing opponents 3.5 meters away instead of 2. It's led to a few players not dying when they should have, but I suspect I just need more practice.

Grief.exe

JBiB2fo.jpg

Anne

I don't get why they let Ironclad exist and let him keep his armor and why ironclad is 35% instead of a reasonable number though. That legit makes no fucking sense to me. I don't think the system is in and of istelf busted but they just gave him the craziest numbers.

NeoRaider

Almost every fucking game now is Bastion + Rein sitting on the payload or at the point, cleaning everyone.
And i usually get crappy Bastions in my team. Thank god i am not playing competitive.

Skii

Yeah his improved spread is so nice. Getting closer and closer to being a 600HP Reaper with a hook lol.

Beyblade meta was season 2, not season 3.

This is how I feel about D.va, please never make her top tier again.

Skii

I don't get why they let Ironclad exist and let him keep his armor and why ironclad is 35% instead of a reasonable number though. That legit makes no fucking sense to me. I don't think the system is in and of istelf busted but they just gave him the craziest numbers.

They thought it was sensible to push out DVA with 2 big buffs at the same time. Any logical person would go "Let's try one of them first and see what happens".

aeolist

Banned

they seem to be doing the dota balance thing where buffs usually end up being ridiculous and there's a pretty clear tier list until the next patch

the problem with that is dota has >100 characters with more direct counters so having a few of them be OP for a while is fine

Grief.exe

They thought it was sensible to push out DVA with 2 big buffs at the same time. Any logical person would go "Let's try one of them first and see what happens".

They just did it again with Bastion too 😂😂😂😂

Best meta was zen meta. Probably followed by the brief meta we had post tank meta before the bastion meta.

I really enjoyed the meta right before this patch, it seemed like most characters were within a reasonable Delta.

MartyStu

Yeah, I'm a big fan. I also think a lot of Roadhog players don't understand how to use his right-click well. Three times in the last week I've 1-shot a squishy because I got the spacing just right, and it makes me all giddy inside. Getting better at that is a goal of mine.

That's pretty much how I feel. My only issue right now is adjusting to the hook placing opponents 3.5 meters away instead of 2. It's led to a few players not dying when they should have, but I suspect I just need more practice.

This is entirely the point. Less skilled hogs will still be able to displace enemies, but not one shot them.

randome

Every match I've played after the update has bastion and he really is much harder to deal with. He seems to be able to go into turret mode faster and whenever I fuckin shoot him he just instantly starts healing and runs away. And then it extra sucks if he's got a mercy near him.

Every match I've played after the update has bastion and he really is much harder to deal with. He seems to be able to go into turret mode faster and whenever I fuckin shoot him he just instantly starts healing and runs away. And then it extra sucks if he's got a mercy near him.

Well he seems to turret mode faster because they reduced the deploy time. I for one welcome our Omnic Overlords.

Bastion will either be adapted to or adjusted, no doubt.

The byproduct is that it's going to slow Sombra's acceptance as a viable support type. Indirect heals aren't glamorous but they're powerful.

I said it on the last page but I am fairly certain the counter to bastion is to run trip/quad mobile or rangey dps +Winston/D.Va depending on if you are diving or poking. Widow will be very valuable in this patch, as will Pharah and Genji. Tracer will also be good. And though people may be confused at the selection of Winston, using the bubble to block outside healing and some amount of his damage will be fairly vital to taking him out at higher levels. Also Ana. Always have an Ana.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Is this also making more people play Hanzo/Widow to deal with Bastion?

Bastion doesn't even have a front facing critbox when in turret mode, right? Only the core behind him?

I mean I don't really mind Roadhog's self heal because he has a big head that you can plink easily to counter the heal if he tries to heal right in front of you. Dunno if Bastion has something similar.

Ambient80

People are probably overreacting a bit. Bastion is the new(ish) shiny toy for this patch so of course people are going to be trying him out, whether he's good or not. It's why I'm not even gonna attempt my placement matches for another week or two. Let everyone have their go with him, teams will develop strats either around him or to deal with him, and we'll all move on.

I think an appropriate nerf would be to let Crits on Bastion not be affected by ironclad. That way if you do get caught out in a bad position you get punished appropriately.

I do agree that it seems ridiculous atm, but I feel like we need to wait it out a bit. Maybe once more people get Sombra rolling or start focusing on hooking him, Bastion won't be too bad.

Do all stuns force him out of sentry? Or just hook?

adamy

Banned
when your team is on offense, should your team always wait 20 seconds inside the spawn after doors open to see enemy team's composition so they can counter?

was wondering if this is common at higher level play

People are probably overreacting a bit. Bastion is the new(ish) shiny toy for this patch so of course people are going to be trying him out, whether he's good or not. It's why I'm not even gonna attempt my placement matches for another week or two. Let everyone have their go with him, teams will develop strats either around him or to deal with him, and we'll all move on.

Yep, just remembering how Sombra was going to destroy the meta and teams would be crazy not to include her.

Won't pharah die straight away while ulting just like usual?
Less so than usual, likely. Teams with bastion are likely to have less non-bastion damage than normal, and he and a healer will likely both be behind a Rein shield. If you play pharah with ult correctly, they'll get burst down before they can react. Even if you die 3k and taking out the only real threat to a push from your team will be a point.

ISOM

Yep, just remembering how Sombra was going to destroy the meta and teams would be crazy not to include her.

I enjoyed prepatch Bastion just due to the fact that you were kind of shunned from picking him so you didn't see him much. Now? You can't say shit lol because people think he's viable whether it's true or not. I guess we'll have to see how it ends up but I have a feeling regardless that this Bastion resurgence is here to stay.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Yeah the Roadhog spread change is nice. It used to feel like left-click was pointless if you didn't hook somebody. You would right click when hook was off cooldown, then hook and left click when it was available. Now Roadhog can actually kill you in medium-close range.

Gorillaz

When was sombra actually scary other then the character reveals and info dump? I remember once she came out on ptr the "lolsombra" jokes came out fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom