• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT8| Our love will last Pharah-ver

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiK

Placements done. 2854. Didn't do too bad except for that one match with a thrower. Not a bad SR considering how low others got theirs. Diamond shouldn't be too hard to climb with a good group.

finalflame

6-1-1 so far in placements. Basically trying to keep the talk light and upbeat in team speak and I feel like it helps.

Helps as long as your team isn't trash. If your team is trash, there's no light talk that's going to make a difference.

Anyways, 2-1 so far in placements after this morning, and after doing a few warm-up QP rounds just now, I feel zero desire to jump into comp again.

LiK

The match where a guy threw the match involved the team not pushing as Attack in Hanamura. Some dude chooses Winston and just stays at the door. I was Zen and the Genji was the only good player trying to cap. I ended up helping him while the rest of the team just sticks around the door like idiots.

Why are people so afraid to push into Hanamura especially at the beginning of the match? Your spawn is right there. Stop being pussies.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
The match where a guy threw the match involved the team not pushing as Attack in Hanamura. Some dude chooses Winston and just stays at the door. I was Zen and the Genji was the only good player trying to cap. I ended up helping him while the rest of the team just sticks around the door like idiots.

Why are people so afraid to push into Hanamura especially at the beginning of the match? Your spawn is right there. Stop being pussies.

Don't want to mess up their KDR bro.

AbaFadi

Banned
Finished my placements finally. I went 7-3 and got placed at 4206. I finished last season at around 4373, so my rank went down a bit.

1fkzgs0.jpg

Convinced the game is conspiring to always start me off at the same rank the beginning of every season. Lost 7, tied one and won 2. Absolutely terrible teams with trolls/throwers even though admittedly I didn't play too well for 2 of those games. Managed to gain almost 300 sr today at least.

LiK

Being able to switch to more heroes made Comp way less stressful for me. I was on fire a lot and had plenty of gold medals. It just sucks when some teammates aren't doing as well and keep dying. Hope to have a much more solid experience with a GAF group. I wanna win but I also wanna play with dependable guys.

Don't want to mess up their KDR bro.
That bothers me, KDR in overwatch should be the last thing anyone needs to worry about. I got a buddy who uses KDR as in excuse to pick Soldier " my kill/death is 2.9 man let me play Soldier" two minutes later "hey someone take care of Pharah she keeps killing me when I'm trying to take down Reins shields" after match "I don't know why we lost, I had gold damage" 😐

finalflame

That bothers me, KDR in overwatch should be the last thing anyone needs to worry about. I got a buddy who uses KDR as in excuse to pick Soldier " my kill/death is 2.9 man let me play Soldier" two minutes later "hey someone take care of Pharah she keeps killing me when I'm trying to take down Reins shields" after match "I don't know why we lost, I had gold damage" 😐

Tell your buddy to go back to CoD/BF.

Helps as long as your team isn't trash. If your team is trash, there's no light talk that's going to make a difference.

Anyways, 2-1 so far in placements after this morning, and after doing a few warm-up QP rounds just now, I feel zero desire to jump into comp again.

With the exception of one or two, all of the matches were very close like 3-2 Control Point Maps with overtimes as well as a payload that had to be played again.

Is it just me or are there more mercys now vs annas?

LiK

Solo Q shouldn't get me grouped against a 6-stack which happened. I was with a 5-stack and we got steamrolled in Dorado as Defense. Another match which sucked.

I didn't make it clear before we started but you were supposed to carry me.

And yeah Lik, there wasn't an option to invite you.

Seems to be a thing if I'm playing in Comp, I think. I'll message you guys instead next time.

darklin0

Banned
I am just gonna do my placements. I usually wait for things to calm down a bit, but screw it. Let us see what fate has in store for me.

Zen Aku

Placements done. 2854. Didn't do too bad except for that one match with a thrower. Not a bad SR considering how low others got theirs. Diamond shouldn't be too hard to climb with a good group.

I thought you would place in the mid 3300. Rough games?

ISOM

Anyone else notice how shitty POTG has been sometimes recently? Like they will pick the most random shit and stuff that is like triple kills off splash damage while someone else is actually doing most of the work. One notable one was yesterday where Seagull had like 5 kills in a row with Hanzo and he didn't even get POTG in his highlights.

antitrop

Anyone else notice how shitty POTG has been sometimes recently? Like they will pick the most random shit and stuff that is like triple kills off splash damage while someone else is actually doing most of the work. One notable one was yesterday where Seagull had like 5 kills in a row with Hanzo and he didn't even get POTG in his highlights.

Harb got POTG because his kills were on the objective, but it was still stolen.

Gotta love when non dps snipers and Ana try to poke damage when they have a widow and we have no tanks on the front. Then we get to wait and waste more time for idiots to run back.

Shahadan

I blame server browser. It has further splintered the player base.

Yeah that's my take on it as well. Although it wouldn't be so bad if they didn't constantly kick you out of skirmishes or whatever they're called after a minute because ONE player is missing. Let us play ffs.

chessnut

I feel like I'm going crazy, but I think these Bastion changes are actually a nerf on the character. I mained Bastion in seasons 1 and 2 and I got to master, so I think I have a better grasp on how Bastion is supposed to play than most. From what I have played with him thus far, he is terrible. The bullet spread in sentry mode is so bad. It's better to stay mobile and play it like a soldier, but why the hell would anyone want to do that? A soldier can move faster and shoot missiles, so it's very easy to kill someone in seconds. With a Bastion, it takes a lot longer and you have to hit more bullets with a smaller clip. I can't tell you how many times I have went to turret when I catch someone from behind at medium range, only to have them do a 180 and get me instead.

Yep I got four consecutive eliminations with Soldier ult(Pharah,a weak Rein,Reaper,and Mercy who looked like she was flying in to ult) and POTG went to Lucio bumping one dude off the map and getting a few assists. I didn't really care though. Some I seen didn't really make any sense but I didn't really take into account the off screen action.

Zen Aku

I got a POTG yesterday as Winston. We were attacking on an Gibralta. I jumped on the platform where the defending team was holding high ground. Missed it completely, but the Mercy panicked and dropped down. I got her down to 20hp, Zarya and Rein dropped down to save her, she guardian angel herself back up to. Now I'm 2v1 against Rein and Zarya. Their Rein got pinned by our Rein out of nowhere all the way to the back, meanwhile me and Pharah teamed up against Zarya. Mercy died trying to save Zarya from Pharah, then Zarya died to Pharah too. I jumped on Rein and damage him a bit before Pharah finished him off and got their McCree down to 10hp before I finished him off.

So basically I only finished off McCree and somehow that was enough to get POTG. I guess because I got a piece of everyone.

darklin0

Banned
I am cursed this season. I keep on getting placed with 5-man groups and the matches have all been rolls. Luckily I have been on both sides of the roll or I would be tilted as hell right now.

I also consider it lucky I have not had a team that says it was all my fault, yet.

Gold after placements, hopefully I'll make it to Platinum (or higher) this season.

Looking at my Mercy stats, I'm in in the top 800! I know that means nothing since the season just started but I'll take that victory for now, lol.

So for the people that finish the placements, do you still gain more SR in the first games after being placed?

Argh, 4-5-1 finish, 2682 rank, left off last season at about 2900, high 3100s.

I'm going to be a bastion main.

Told you so.

Finished my placements finally. I went 7-3 and got placed at 4206. I finished last season at around 4373, so my rank went down a bit.

Tracer main now?

Skii

So is there bonus SR then? There has to be with everyone consistently placing lower than their end of season SR.

Yager

Banned
Won 8/10 of my placements

Straight back into plat hell at 2797

Blizzard pls

I've been in plat hell since forever. Last season I was climbing up to diamond pretty quickly, but started playing with a couple of friends which are...not very good, and lost every game I played with them (they were in low 1900-2100). I reached 2987, and after a while I stopped giving a fuck. You could say that I could not play with those buddies if I want to climb...but they're friends, I'm not gonna be a bitch.

(but seriously, the difference in level when I play with them vs when I play with another buddy that is pretty much in my level is ridiculous).

I got 50 SR after my first win so yeah.

Thx, shouldn't be that hard to climb until people match last season's ending rank then.

Nuno do you still have some placements left? I got six of them haha.

All of them. Just playing horizon for now, it's a really long game. And when I come back to ow I will level up my alt account first so I can mess around in comp before Blizz starts patching things again. This bastion "meta" is weird, the damage reduction in sentry mode is dumb.

Moonkid

All of them. Just playing horizon for now, it's a really long game. And when I come back to ow I will level up my alt account first so I can mess around in comp before Blizz starts patching things again. This bastion "meta" is weird, the damage reduction in sentry mode is dumb.
Ah fair enough. I'll probably disappear after this weekend not going to lie with school starting again/Nier coming up. Hopefully slip in some games here and there though down the line :)

_Legacy_

Convinced the game is conspiring to always start me off at the same rank the beginning of every season. Lost 7, tied one and won 2. Absolutely terrible teams with trolls/throwers even though admittedly I didn't play too well for 2 of those games. Managed to gain almost 300 sr today at least.

Where did you place?

How exactly is your placement calculated; is it based on skill, wins, or what?
For example, could I get 5 gold medals, be the only one on my team trying to play the objective but lose every match, and still get placed high, or would I get punished and placed low for losing them? Also vice versa, could I play terribly but get carried to victory for every match and get placed high because of the wins, or low because I was useless?

I've been in plat hell since forever. Last season I was climbing up to diamond pretty quickly, but started playing with a couple of friends which are...not very good, and lost every game I played with them (they were in low 1900-2100). I reached 2987, and after a while I stopped giving a fuck. You could say that I could not play with those buddies if I want to climb...but they're friends, I'm not gonna be a bitch.

(but seriously, the difference in level when I play with them vs when I play with another buddy that is pretty much in my level is ridiculous).

I always do better in solo queue

I don't like partying up with more than 2 people. More than that and that's when you start running into 5+ stacks.

Ghazi

How exactly is your placement calculated; is it based on skill, wins, or what?
For example, could I get 5 gold medals, be the only one on my team trying to play the objective but lose every match, and still get placed high, or would I get punished and placed low for losing them? Also vice versa, could I play terribly but get carried to victory for every match and get placed high because of the wins, or low because I was useless?
Individual performance has very little to do with placements, wins and losses seem to be the biggest deal for a fresh account.

If you played a previous season, really just subtract ~200 SR from where you ended at the previous one and you know where you'll be placed.

Individual performance has very little to do with placements, wins and losses seem to be the biggest deal for a fresh account.

If you played a previous season, really just subtract ~200 SR from where you ended at the previous one and you know where you'll be placed.

Oh, alright, thanks.
Well, back to 2,300 I go!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom