• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT8| Our love will last Pharah-ver

Status
Not open for further replies.

komaruR

Corner peekers gonna get F!
There are patch notes too. Ironclad goes down to 20%; Zarya's barriers don't protect from knockback, among others.

nice, lucio/pharah buff. recently i've been doing evironmental kills with pharah cliff bait-boop learnt from Valkia's videos.

LiK

Stylosa posted some gameplay video as well. Man, she looks awesome. I'm guessing she'll be tweaked in PTR before going live. Seems like a very strong character right now.

Oh man, what a great character. I've been wanting a deployable shield other than Winston's bubble, and her utility looks fantastic. I finally might have a tank I really like.

Gorillaz

apparently the game is fucked right now but im so glad it's another tank with some shield support to on the side

I warmed up to playing more tanks and being a tank "main" in season 3 too so I love this

Stylosa posted some gameplay video as well. Man, she looks awesome. I'm guessing she'll be tweaked in PTR before going live. Seems like a very strong character right now.

Her abilities are looking pretty good, but she has a big body and only 400hp. Seems fair.

Paltheos

Oof, those Zarya nerfs hit hard. The knockback block was really helpful in finishing off low health Roadhogs who ult in a last ditch effort to turn things around.

Orisa is... My first impression is kinda mixed. I love the design. A centaur hero seems kinda obvious and something we should have had for a while now. Her toolkit I'll have to wait to see for myself before passing judgment on, but my first impression is that she's the first hero that doesn't both fill a unique role and feel cohesive. From a glance, she seems to overlap with other heroes in function and her abilities seem slapped together. Why does she have an alt fire that slows enemies and pulls them together? I can very much see the utility of it in Overwatch, but why does she have it, as an in-universe character and a player character?

I've gotta get my hands on her first though. I was kinda down on the shield until I heard Jeff talk about it Now... hm. She seems more flexible than Rein - with more utility - but has less staying power. I'm a fan of what looks like anti-Widow tech though, personally!

Paltheos

It's funny, Orisa being able to kind of manage Rein's role means that the dream of all female comps is nearly possible.

You're next, Lucio.

It's a different kind of shield from Rein's, so it can't just be used to replace his (and vice versa). You could probably use the shield to sneak through Hanamura A choke for instance (getting into the side hall) and be better for it too because Orisa can fight back while her shield's up, but you might want Rein still for any long marches (Anubis B immediately springs to mind) because he moves with his shield, both forward and around in case you get flanked.

That's just scratching the surface though. I can think of tons of different uses for the shield, since apparently you have allot of freedom in positioning it.

Blu(e)

Hmm. So Doomfist attacked the airport. Sounds like he's a successor to the scourge. Maybe works for Talon since they were after it in the first place?

Apathy

Wonder if Zarya's popularity will fall off considerably considering Orisa's alt fire. Looks super fun to play

Well zarya is getting nerfed with the patch so yeah, shes going to go down a bit, but in a more coordinated setting graviton is still going to be needed

This season is turning into an absolute disaster. 1-5 (W/L) in placements so far. I don't know if it's confirmation bias but I feel like my Ana has been fine. Could always be better but not a non-entity, and my Rein did as well as can be vs a Bastion getting pocketed by Ana + Zen....

But jeeeeeesus. We had one match vs a GM using a smurf who was an example of how to play Genji, even in the current balance. Our Genji on the other hand was being boosted by a Diamond friend and refused to change and was a complete non-entity, might as well have been 5v6.

Having Orisa and Rein on the same team... I'd like to welcome everyone... back to the world of tanks part deux.

I thought they gave bastion a bit too much on live, but I was looking at the small picture, looks like blizz looking at the complete picture.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom