• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT8| Our love will last Pharah-ver

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really like Orisa's design. Seems like a super fun tank that won't contribute to the tank meta problems as much since she's only 400 HP.

She definitely seems to be built around countering the typical pro meta heroes. Or at least giving more options for the meta. Has a deployable shield for Rein, has a multi-boost that affects multiple people over Ana's singular nanoboost, has a crowd control cooldown ability that somewhat negates Lucio, and with fortify can tank through previously hard-to-avoid abilities like Earthshatter and Ana's grenade debuff.

I'm curious to see if Zarya's ult charge might get a buff after Orisa releases live. Her mini-graviton is to Zarya's ult like Hanzo's arrow is to Widow's ult. But it's on a short CD and Zarya's ult takes forever to charge - on the other hand Zarya still synergizes with other ults while Orisa is more for moving people out of position instead of gathering a group. Hmmm.

Horizon OT. Zelda reviews. New Overwatch hero. I am not taking good notes in class today....

Yeah I've gotten zero work done today and spent all my time on GAF. Why can't I play games for a living, whyyyyyyy.

caesar

Banned
So weird to see Jeff give his account of playing Bastion. Funny to think some of us could have played vs or with him at some point.

I wonder what rank he is, devs arent usually the best so I'll go with gold or plat.

JHall

So weird to see Jeff give his account of playing Bastion. Funny to think some of us could have played vs or with him at some point.

I wonder what rank he is, devs arent usually the best so I'll go with gold or plat.

Jeff is 100% top 500

KanameYuuki

That gravity pull is so dirty, she seems so fun and useful. Now with a proper tank Omnic vs Overwatch heroes custom games are going to be amazing.

_Legacy_

Finished my placements, 3-7-0. Fucking awful and that was with a good team, got placed at 2170 (I finished at 2500 last season).

Decided to solo queue and lost 4 on the trot, had 2 quitters and a soldier who couldn't shoot for shit. Seriously, fuck this game sometimes. Pisses me off, really don't understand how some people successfully solo queue in this game.

Blu(e)

Oh the origin story might be talking about the scourge Doomfist and not the successor yet.

Orisa's damage is surprising strong.

20% Ironclad seems like an alright change. Still strong but not as ridiculous as we've been seeing. Love Jeff's story about how he felt like the tracer deserved the kill on him.

And Orisa looks super awesome! Anybody got stats for skills? So far I know:

200 hp/ 200 armor
Main Weapon damage/dropoff? Rate of fire?
Shield has 900 (?) hp on 10 seconds.
Fortify reduces damage by (?). Does it prevent hook from hitting?

Owzers

I think I can be an Orisa main, I don't have to aim that much, her barrier won't be hard to toss out like I fail so badly placing Mei ice walls.

Skii

Why does the Bastion nerf need to go on PTR?

Nah no way are gold/plat level players balancing the game. I reckon they're all GM/Master level.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
It would make sense for them to have a pool of testers at a variety of skill levels. The community likes to be dismissive and consider everyone below 4000 SR as worthless garbage, but it makes up a very large part of their playerbase and it makes sense for them to learn about how balance changes affect people at all skill levels.

But Zenyatta is one with the payload...

35656509f9b5423d044af89f0cb18ac825dd30bf2f2f204c417bf1e8934f3352_1.jpg

I'm probably just a huge sucker for new content in this game, but I'm enjoying what I'm seeing of Orisa. Feels like a great all-rounder. The gun worries me a bit, but I guess she needs some way of dealing damage.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Orisa might be a good alternative to Reinhardt. Looks like her kit is meant to introduce some overlap to the cast so that certain characters aren't so must-pick.

komaruR

does this mean doomfist is a support

terry crews is going to scream heals at me

think the next hero will be a defense hero.

i'm thinking, with a ranged, deploy-able shield it can help reaper get back in to playing more/ going aggressive plays. its like giving reaper a shield to weave in and out off to get close range dmg. the 900 hp is way more than a zarya bubble, so should be quite effective.
its like how miro used winston barrier to kill a reaper in volskya map point B.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom