• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT8| Our love will last Pharah-ver

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't even think Bastion is crazy OP, but he's in a place where he's powerful enough that teams will build the comp around him (arguably this has long been happening with Ana), and the gameplay that those comps engender is just not as fun to play or watch.

Like, having to do a rapid calculation in my head of whether the shields, healing and buff/debuff we're currently splashing on our Bastion will outweigh what they're splashing on theirs while both hold down LMB is ... dull?

I think NA is just freaking out over Bastion right now. It's such an awkward strategy to counter and so counter-intuitive to what we've played around until now that people can't think of anyway to deal with it besides tap in a Bastion of their own. Interestingly, the Korean servers have seen a lot more Bastion picked on Defense, but the counters have been relatively Bastion free - instead either opting to run 3 mobile DPS or treating Bastion like a boss fight with Zenyatta and Ana debuffing him while the rest of the team is focused on removing the Rein shield - through pure damage or Sombra - and then focusing down the Bastion.

That said, I think it's obvious that Bastion's surviveability is too high and agree that playing the "defend Bastion" strat is kind of lame. Ulting a Bastion and watching him self-heal through it is pretty obnoxious as well. I just don't think he is the instant win that people are making him out to be though.

Anne

Got into practice range with her. Her right click (the CC) is pretty wild. Her gun is slow moving projectiles but she shoot a lot of them.

Edit: Barrier is 900 HP. Gun hurts like hell.

Woo-Fu

Banned
That right-click of hers is going to get so many environmental kills. No cliff is safe.

Wonder if it'll pull Bastion out of turret mode?

NeoRaider

I LOVE HER!!!
Never felt like this about new hero. Just played two matches and while we were all Orisa i think that she is amazing. Her kit is great, her gun is powerful. Love everything about her.

She is like... more powerful and better version of Zarya.

Anne

Shift: Her anti CC state, 10s CD
E: Shield, 900 HP, one shield at a time, 12s CD
M2: AoE CC bubble, 8s CD

Gun has 200 shots, hurts a bit, projectile gatling gun.

200HP/200 armor

TheOddOne

She reminds me a lot of Ana, her kit is all about utility.
I LOVE HER!!!
Never felt like this about new hero. Just played two matches and while we were all Orisa i think that she is amazing. Her kit is great, her gun is powerful. Love everything about her.

She is like... more powerful and better Zarya.
Aww hell yes, this is fantastic news.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Watching MOONMOON play Orisa on PTR. Her shield is static and her ult looks better if you can manipulate LOS. For that reason I think she might be better on defense. So Reinhardt should still see a lot of play.

Although if you double stack Orisa and Reinhardt on top of a Bastion? lol?

Exciting, DVA is about to completly vanish from the game, makes me so happy.

Zarya nerf is welcomed as well, glad they are hearing the community.

Owzers

I don't like her design, mainly the eyes. Hopefully she gets some good event skins.

Edit: saw the other skins, moonmoon is using the one I dislike the most.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom