• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT8| Our love will last Pharah-ver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
There's already far too many DPS heroes compared to healing or tanks

and since the metas never been 4-1-1, I don't think they should add another defense hero

Posted in the other thread which I thought was this one.

Fortify is the perfect ability to introduce in the game right now. So much CC going on. This is the tank we needed and the one we deserved.

Jellie

Posted in the other thread which I thought was this one.

Fortify is the perfect ability to introduce in the game right now. So much CC going on. This is the tank we needed and the one we deserved.

Does it block earth shatter and darts? That's what I'm interested in. If so hello new nano target. Wonder how much resistance fortify does.

Haha fucking Reddit community. They're all bitching and moaning about how Bastion made it through PTR and then Jeff comes out with a comment and now they're all understanding. I think it was inexcusable to still push the Bastion changes out to production after the surplus of feedback/videos provided during the PTR.

caesar

Banned
Why does the Bastion nerf need to go on PTR?

Nah no way are gold/plat level players balancing the game. I reckon they're all GM/Master level.

Nah dude, fps devs commonly suck at the game. I would be really surprised if more than few where higher than 3.5

Damn regretting spending my points on a dva golden gun yesterday. "There won't be a new announced character for a while since they just started dropping hints" well Fuck. Orisa sounds like she fits my playstyle too.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Fortify honestly seems like it counters to much stuff.

It's one of those things like Ana where it seems like she was designed to counter too many known things and it makes other heroes feel shallow at dealing with it.

caesar

Banned
Fortify honestly seems like it counters to much stuff.

It's one of those things like Ana where it seems like she was designed to counter too many known things and it makes other heroes feel shallow at dealing with it.

Sombra is tailor made to destroy Orisa.

I don't know why they insist on making all the tanks (except Winston) so effective at dishing DPS. Just boost their utility/survive. By the looks of it, Orisa can do just about everything well except self-heal.

I want Doomfist to be able to throw allies long distances, like the mech did in Titanfall 2.

This is my dream ability for him. I haven't thought much about if it's broken, but just imagine launching in an ulting McCree or Bastion.

Either way, he's probably not coming anytime soon. The fact that he wasn't originally intended to be playable makes me imagine they have several other heroes further along than him. I'm expecting him next year if he does come.

but then you have Sombra so you're giving up a lot of other counters
Correct.

Also, while Sombra is good against cooldown-heavy heroes in general, Orisa has a ton of health (200 health, 200 armor), a strong left-click, and an unhackable ult.

So Sombra can stop her doing a few things for six seconds, and can maybe use her an ult battery (but not as easily as Winston or Roadhog or D.Va).

Whoop-di-do.

Edit: On the other hand, Sombra and Orisa ulting together should allow for really quick, clean team wipes.

Anne

Orisa's DPS is going to be a lot lower than it looks. Calling it now. It's really good against large and slow targets though.

Veelk

Banned
I want Doomfist to be able to throw allies long distances, like the mech did in Titanfall 2.

While this sounds cool, it would be a bigger troll draw than Mei's walls. "Yeah, come on, get in my hand, I'll throw you over the enemy team"

*Throws teammate off the map*

While this sounds cool, it would be a bigger troll draw than Mei's walls. "Yeah, come on, get in my hand, I'll throw you over the enemy team"

*Throws teammate off the map*

Lol. Nano-boosted ulting Bastion directly into the freezing cold Volskaya waters.

Maybe you would have to accept him picking you up? Sounds clunky, but it's an option. Also I'd hope you wouldn't see it much in comp.

Vitanimus

Seems like a really cool hero. Her right click is super interesting, and I like the variety in her kit that distinguishes her heavily from Rein.

Luke_Wal

With the way they keep building up Doomfist, I wouldn't be surprised to see him headlining the game's first big expansion (which I'm assuming is a thing?). With the game being on consoles, they eventually need a new box on store shelves. Blizzard loves boxes, and a new set of heroes (6-8 at once?), a couple new stages, and maybe some sort of single player content (like character-specific challenges) would be a perfect way to put out a new box.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom