• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT8| Our love will last Pharah-ver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Veelk

Banned
I feel like having the newest iteration on a line of African super types voiced by a black man be a gorilla would go over extremely poorly.

Er....um...yeah, I didn't think that one through on the voice acting aspect. I was just thinking storytelling. Not just a gorilla either, but an angry, evil, destructive gorilla as well.

Still, my point was, I want to see what the planet moon of the evil apes has been up to.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I dunno, orisa seems like excels at more mobile comps as having flexibility in providing cover. DVa (well when they've unfucked her) atm is way better because DM is able to last longer as a means of prolonging rein's shield from breaking.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
It's the bond of being the only tank (well, I guess orisa now? Dunno how armour factors into it) that hanzo can one-shot wth scatter.

It's the bond of 'when I tell my team the ult is ready, i'm actually just telling zarya'

this ult is only for you, baby

Blues1990

I leave for a few days, and I have no clue with what's going on right now. Zarya debuff & Lucio buffs? A new character added to the Tank category? Doomfist (The Sucessir) is a big, fat, jerk?

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Girl gets around and has fun. No shame in that.

Only to be left cold on Solo Q.

When I say out my ult % it's your cue to tell me your's damnit.

They really should just show ult % of your team. What's the point of hiding it unless they've mentioned it?

KanameYuuki

Reading so many impressions about Orisa got me really hyped, she looks like a tank I could really get into and have a blast, how I wish PS4 had a ptr to try her soon, but I'll just have to wait.

If I had to guess, Doomfist is like Zarya: against Omnics forever. Would explain how the gauntlet got passed and the dude went from good to evil. Because presumably whoever passed the gauntlet would give it to a successor with the same mission.
Wasn't first one good, second evil and third is this one?

Given that the current (third?) one is the scourge of Numbani and directly responsible for the creation of Orisa, it's safe to assume that he's evil.

Veelk

Banned
latest

1. Good
2. Evil
3. ???

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I really want a character in the same vein of Reinhardt/Torb/Mercy that kind of have that sci-fi fantasy aesthetic or a criminal like Roadhog&Junkrat.

From a gameplay perspective, I like Orisa but I find her overall design and personality extremely disappointing. Like a Mega Man X Maverick Fan Art Contest Runner-up

finalflame

I like Orisa, but her hero portrait and overall design sticks out so much :/ also her lack of skins and emotes makes her feel rushed. She just feels rushed overall, idk.

I really want a character in the same vein of Reinhardt/Torb/Mercy that kind of have that sci-fi fantasy aesthetic or a criminal like Roadhog&Junkrat.

From a gameplay perspective, I like Orisa but I find her overall design and personality extremely disappointing. Like a Mega Man X Maverick Fan Art Contest Runner-up

Orisa is a mecha-centaur.

Designed by an eleven-year-old.

Alex

I didn't like the design much at first but I warmed up to it real fast once I actually got on the game. Not really fond of her fancy skins, though, I actually like the twilight recolor for her best.

ISOM

I'll just say this now. But I'm confident Orisa will be much more used in the meta than Sombra is or just in general ranked.

rulerk1

Wtf in my comp match the 30 seconds remaking voice lines didn't play nor was there any music either. This happened a couple times on PS4 Route 66 after round three

Apathy

I like Orisa, but her hero portrait and overall design sticks out so much :/ also her lack of skins and emotes makes her feel rushed. She just feels rushed overall, idk.

I hate the design overall. Ultralisk/Pit lord seems to be a go to for blizzard. I would have loved something more akin to an Immortal or a Stalker

latest

latest

Seems like there was a soft reset but you still get a 'bonus' after placements, I guess.

S2 Ending SR: 2831
Last season placements: 2-8
SR after placements: 2700

S3 Ending SR: 2745
Placements: 5-5
SR after placements: 2465

I won one more match after which gave me 45 points and left me at 2510 for the night.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Diamond is 100% the worst ranking group. I'm just glad I placed 3700 after my placements.
It's Lijiang Tower and I flexed from Winston to Reinhardt while our DPS and Ana could not take down Torbjorn's turret or shoot the Pharah. We're 0 - 2 so I said fuck it and switched to Zen to force someone else to tank. Our Lucio then went Zarya and our Ana went Mercy, so I went Ana. Now I'm taking out the turrets and the Pharah is getting dealt with one way or another and we were able to tie it up for 2 - 2 and we get to overtime on Control Center, it's looking like a really close fight, but we should be able to win this and

our Mercy's connection drops

HqqVLHw.gif

Well I finished my placement at 2599 which is higher than I thought. I lost two in a row and with one good game with bastion I got back up to my season high plus some. Did they change the way SR is distributed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom