• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT8| Our love will last Pharah-ver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
We don't know if the Successor actually exists, or is a hopeful that Numbani is wanting. For all we know the Omnic text underneath it says something like "Are YOU the next Doomfist?" We might get the Scourge as a character instead.
Well that would definitely be hiding in plain sight.

Oh wow, I honestly didn't even consider Orisa's Fortify being able to stop a Reinhardt charge.

I wonder what else that shield can stop?

It stops basically every sort of knockback (Pharah's rocket and knockback dart, Lucio's boop, Junkrat's bomb, Winston's ult), as well as most types of CC (I've seen it negate Mei's spray and ult, Reinhardt's ult, Orisa's pull, McCree's flashbang, Roadhog's hook and ult, Ana's sleep dart, and she can just activate it and walk out of Zarya's graviton). I imagine it also applies to Symmetra's turrets' slow. She can still be hacked, but that does not cancel Fortify if she already activated it.

So I easily climbed 400 points solo q and hit the dreaded wall. I think I've realized something. Higher ranked players have bigger egos. They tend to stick to one pick no matter how hard they get countered because they believe they're so good and only need one good ultimate to justify their pick. It usually never comes and they continue to get countered by counter picks. And don't tell them to switch, Most of the time they'll take it personally because they've stomped bad players before but even if they're doing crappy they're still the best player ever.

Anne

So I easily climbed 400 points solo q and hit the dreaded wall. I think I've realized something. Higher ranked players have bigger egos. They tend to stick to one pick no matter how hard they get countered because they believe they're so good and only need one good ultimately to justify their pick. It usually never comes and they continue to get countered by counter picks.

I'm assuming Diamond and maybe low Master?

Omg GAF, I've finally managed to use Tracer's sticky bomb correctly, resulting in a quadruple kill. That shit is hard to pull off.
It even helped win the match.

For once I recorded a good play, mostly.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
So I easily climbed 400 points solo q and hit the dreaded wall. I think I've realized something. Higher ranked players have bigger egos. They tend to stick to one pick no matter how hard they get countered because they believe they're so good and only need one good ultimately to justify their pick. It usually never comes and they continue to get countered by counter picks.
That and they always want someone else to switch, but won't switch themselves. Very annoying especially if what I'm doing is working, but I have to conform to them and potentially put on a worse performance.

That and they always want someone else to switch, but won't switch themselves. Very annoying especially if what I'm doing is working, but I have to conform to them and potentially put on a worse performance.

Gotta love those Hanzos and Junkrats yelling at other players and telling them what to pick.
IX1G4Uh.jpg

Yep. I hate having to switch when I'm doing work. If I recognize I'm doing bad or if the game is going terrible I will switch but theres only so much one person can do. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't but its better than doing the same thing over and over expecting different results.

I'm assuming Diamond and maybe low Master?
Yep.

papasmurf1038

Neo Member
Grouped up with a good Zarya and Winston this evening and just shotcalled as Zenyatta and sent the Winston out to do my bidding. Those 3 are super powerful when coordinated! We won like 5 games in a row, with Winston never dying and Zarya constantly at high charge from folks shooting the ape.

Cappa

Banned
My placements were absolutely terrible. Got placed in the 2700s. Already reached diamond though getting like 50 sr a game

Cappa

Banned
Fortify negates freezing.
Fortify negates everything though don't see how it's specifically a hard counter for mei. It's a counter for pretty much every hero.... Lasts 4 seconds unless you're stuck in a 1 v 1 situation I wouldn't worry to much about it. Orisa fortify. Mei cryo freeze. Wait 4 secs. Freeze Orisa.
Out of curiosity, what was your end season 3 SR?

Yeah this. Also sweet MM avatar!
I finished in 3300s I think. Was one win away from master season high 3470.

Anne

Imagine that combo with nano blade.

I've already seen it. She puts it down and Genj ihits shift to get like 30% of an ult, then he just pulls out a sword and kills everything. If you start a fight with it and Soldier you basically get a nanovisor that leads into a another nanovisor.

Jellie

Not sure if already being posted. Here's season 3 tier distribution.
The data below is based on season 3 data (season 4 is too new), and the maximum (not current) skill rating of the player during the season. The values below are also rounded, so that's why it doesn't quite add up to 100%.

Bronze - 6%

Silver - 22%

Gold - 34%

Platinum - 23%

Diamond - 10%

Master - 3%

Grandmaster - <1%

Some interesting notes:

Median maximum skill rating is not 2500, it's actually a little above 2300. So if you have a maximum skill rating of 2350, you have a higher SR than 50% of the population!

If you do a breakdown based upon the more volatile current skill rating, there's even fewer players above 3000 SR than listed above. Only around 8% of the population was above 3000 SR for season 3 at any one time.
Source

Anne

EnvyUs vs Lunatic Hai in 5~ or so minutes

https://www.twitch.tv/ognglobal

Time to get mad hype. Note whoever loses today is not out of the event, they will go to a loser's bracket. Also, remember this is on the previous patch to hat is now on live.

Second match up is KD Uncia vs Runaway. Same situation as Envy vs LH.

These are all playoff matches and Envy + LH are both easily top 5 teams in the world. KD Uncia as well. Runaway has a lot to prove.

So my placements felt like an utter disaster, the only 2 maps i got were Hanamura and Lijang Tower...but the last match was pretty tight. We lost, but it was a good loss. Got 2812 SR which is better than I was expecting after the results.

Kysen

Wow, seeing the actual player bands is an eye opener. It sure didn't feel like diamond/master were that exclusive last season. I hope I can get into the 1% this season.

Man any alternate Eng streams
Twitch is blocked at college and I can't find my normal YouTube English channel that streams it aswell

Edit don't worry found it

jviggy43

Wow, seeing the actual player bands is an eye opener. It sure didn't feel like diamond/master were that exclusive last season. I hope I can get into the 1% this season.

Seriously. If anything to me it felt like way too many diamond players got carried into master last season, even some in grand master.

Anne

That's the problem with envy right there.

Why run trip tank with winston and rein?

They just can't play diver.

Actually mobile barrier spam is legit. I don't think it had anything to do with their comp on that map really, it had a lot more to do with their execution and inability to answer Esca on the last 2 segments. People give Esca a lot of shit but he won them that map.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Actually mobile barrier spam is legit. I don't think it had anything to do with their comp on that map really, it had a lot more to do with their execution and inability to answer Esca on the last 2 segments. People give Esca a lot of shit but he won them that map.

I guess so, and i think my perception of them not fully committing to it is because they were split up a lot. Still, probably should have changed up to answer it, but they don't have something like a pharah to challenge mei. I dunno why they can't try out mickie as a dps because they seem to be thinking about harry playing off-tank.

I rwally think their weakness now is that the don't have the hero pool to run mobile comps.

Anne

The Lunatic Hai strategy is so hard to deal with. I'm struggling to come up with anybody else that can run 2/2/2 as well as they can. Everybody in the team is aware of their specific roles beyond just "we're 2/2/2". They have a main DPS, a support DPS, a main tank, a support tank, an aggressive healer, a passive healer, and everybody follows upe ach other so well. IT's so pretty to watch ;~;

I guess so, and i think my perception of them not fully committing to it is because they were split up a lot. Still, probably should have changed up to answer it, but they don't have something like a pharah to challenge mei. I dunno why they can't try out mickie as a dps because they seem to be thinking aboit harry playing off-tank.

I mean, real talk? Other than the team comps, EnVy's play book is looking extremely shallow. Like, not only are they limited on characters, they don't seem confident on executing things outside of Ana/Rein/Lucio walk up type shit. The only player that's breaking out of the textbook Rein strats is Taimou. They need to sit down and learn plays and formations and map strats whenever they decide to rework themselves. Their entire macro game is stiff as fuck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom