• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT8| Our love will last Pharah-ver

Status
Not open for further replies.
After many months of trying, I've finally managed to get a PotG as Sombra:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GE3_uXJ3NI0

Rather convenient timing too, considering I probably won't be playing for another month or more after today. I may have had to crush a friend's dreams to do it, but that's just the price I'm willing to pay for a few seconds of glory.

komaruR

Guess I missed a Comp train tonight.

we had some good games until a bastion ruined our fun. took 2 of our ppl to take down 1 bastion. as soon as we got the bastion the other team wasnt that great but when the bastion came back it was way too tough to kill.

sadly our group are no bastion player to counter it back.

those that havent done placement should wait until the bastion nerf come. it just ridiculous that it can 1v2+ ppl. its even more absurd than the dva buff meta.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
After many months of trying, I've finally managed to get a PotG as Sombra:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GE3_uXJ3NI0

Rather convenient timing too, considering I probably won't be playing for another month or more after today. I may have had to crush a friend's dreams to do it, but that's just the price I'm willing to pay for a few seconds of glory.
60 bullets and yet any Sombra player would reload at half clip because they know it won't get the job done otherwise. sad!

Why are you leaving for a month?

Zelda will consume my soul for the foreseeable future.

60 bullets and yet any Sombra player would reload at half clip because they know it won't get the job done otherwise. sad!

I really wish they'd lower her clip size and raise her damage. It just feels super wrong for an SMG to fire as long as that one does.

Also I have a problem with constantly reloading in every game I play.

Owzers

we had some good games until a bastion ruined our fun. took 2 of our ppl to take down 1 bastion. as soon as we got the bastion the other team wasnt that great but when the bastion came back it was way too tough to kill.

those that havent done placement should wait until the bastion nerf come. it just ridiculous that it can 1v2+ ppl. its even more absurd than the dva buff meta.
I'm hoping gamefly sends me Zelda Wii U or Horizon to wait out until the nerf, though it might even be worse with Orisa, Rein, and bastion combos. We were koth champs today as I reclaim my Lucio main status.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
I really wish they'd lower her clip size and raise her damage. It just feels super wrong for an SMG to fire as long as that one does.

Also I have a problem with constantly reloading in every game I play.
Not mocking you by any means. I just wish they'd do something about the lousy state her gun is in.

While I'm here
let Tracer earn a blink back for every elim ala Genji's swift strike.

reaper could probably use a buff too, lol

/crazytalk

komaruR

I'm hoping gamefly sends me Zelda Wii U or Horizon to wait out until the nerf, though it might even be worse with Orisa, Rein, and bastion combos. We were koth champs today as I reclaim my Lucio main status.
The orisa could benefit reaper to come back to play tho. And with bastion weaker, at least it can be focused down easier too. I was playing a bit of ptr before our comp and reaper can take out nerfed bastion no problem if manage to get close range.
The only problem I had with orisa was that our team's orisa was playing too defensively until I told him to toss it at the Emmy so I could engage within the shield . Told him to not play like a wuss and just play aggressive since it just ptr lol.
As soon he did that we won Nepal.

rulerk1

Has anyone seen this Mei glitch where you ult when you're about to die but nothing comes out and your meter resets? Is this new?

LiK

I found that new Bastion can be quickly countered with Zen discord and Soldier along with Dva. I got rocked as a Bastion when I tried him out in QP and CTF.

Anyway, hope to join another train soon. I don't wanna climb with randoms.

Anne

some thoughts:

Orisa seems better on attack
Orisa seems bad at fighting highly mobile comps
She seems to be stable and strong already

That's all I got.

So, Doomfist is evil?

My whole world is crumbling down right now.

I'm late to the thread today, and maybe this has already been addressed, but Reaper mentions Doomfist by name on Numbani, has for ages. "Maybe Doomfist should clean up his own messes." He's always been evil. I mean he's called "The Scourge". That's not what you call your new fluffy kitten that naps all day and laps up milk in an adorable fashion.

I'm late to the thread today, and maybe this has already been addressed, but Reaper mentions Doomfist by name on Numbani, has for ages. "Maybe Doomfist should clean up his own messes." He's always been evil. I mean he's called "The Scourge". That's not what you call your new fluffy kitten that naps all day and laps up milk in an adorable fashion.

Had no idea.

Reaper's kind of rare these days.

Anne

Extra thought:

It seems increasingly likely that there won't be enough reasons to not just run Orisa/Rein/Zarya barrier stacking with Ana/Lucio/DPS on your back end. It really just comes down to if Dive or Bastion are good enough deterrents not to, but the history of the game tells me it's most likely you just go to barrier stacking.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
some thoughts:

Orisa seems better on attack
Orisa seems bad at fighting highly mobile comps
She seems to be stable and strong already

That's all I got.

I don't know about that. I was finally able to play her on Attack on Watchpoint Gibraltar and it seemed really hard to push out of the 3rd spawn with her. I was thinking that I would have much rather had Reinhardt in that situation because his barrier is so much more mobile that it's easier to push with. Trying to constantly leapfrog her barrier forward seemed like such a pain. Because her barrier is static and has a cooldown, it seems like it forces your team to setup somewhere and that implies defense to me. But fortify and her alt-fire are pretty nice on attack, so maybe she can play an off-tank role there, I dunno.

Anne

I don't know about that. I was finally able to play her on Attack on Watchpoint Gibraltar and it seemed really hard to push out of the 3rd spawn with her. I was thinking that I would have much rather had Reinhardt in that situation because his barrier is so much more mobile that it's easier to push with. Trying to constantly leapfrog her barrier forward seemed like such a pain. Because her barrier is static and has a cooldown, it seems like it forces your team to setup somewhere and that implies defense to me. But fortify and her alt-fire are pretty nice on attack, so maybe she can play an off-tank role there, I dunno.

Use her Barrier more like Winston, less like Rein. In a comp with things like Genji and Tracer in it you can use her shield to create "pockets" of space really similarly to what Winston does. She's extremely aggressive and works well as an "anchor" tank to a more mobile team comp. She's also stupidly good at punishing anything that wants to clump up near a choke or sit together in a space for too long.

I would not run her as a straight Rein replacement. IF you try to play her like that you'll just get bodied. She can at least fight Rein well and play around shield breaking and his ult, but she is in no means a suitable replacement fi your team needs that type of shielding.

Again, if you want Rein shield just run Orisa + Rein. You'll probably need Zarya or D.Va or something to back that up which is potentially problematic, but so far it seems fine to do things that way.

It's just how I See her, but historically this would be her place in the game if we compare her to what we already know. It's entirely possible there's something I'm missing myself.

Also I'm curious if anyone else noticed this:

OR-14 (decomissioned)
OR-15 (decomissioned)
Orisa (OR-15 A)

How very Sombra of Efi.
Really? At the Silver/ Gold border you still see a Reaper half the time. He can put in work, too, if the player knows what he's doing.

I mean, I see him, but he's pretty rare, and when he is there I feel like he's just dying. Sort of a step up from Sombra, but you know... everyone is.

I can count the number of Die Die Die's I've seen since Sombra released on two hands. (Granted, I don't play a whooole lot.)

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
cvbQZLv.jpg
You're a little mixed up, The Scourge was the last Doomfist.

You're a little mixed up, The Scourge was the last Doomfist.

We don't know if the Successor actually exists, or is a hopeful that Numbani is wanting. For all we know the Omnic text underneath it says something like "Are YOU the next Doomfist?" We might get the Scourge as a character instead.

Also I'm curious if anyone else noticed this:

OR-14 (decomissioned)
OR-15 (decomissioned)
Orisa (OR-15 A)

How very Sombra of Efi.

I mean, I see him, but he's pretty rare, and when he is there I feel like he's just dying. Sort of a step up from Sombra, but you know... everyone is.

I can count the number of Die Die Die's I've seen since Sombra released on two hands. (Granted, I don't play a whooole lot.)

Yeah, Death Blossom isn't really a thing, even at my level. You hear it start, and then he is focused down. Kinda sad really. He's still pretty good at off-angle, surprise flanks at my level, though.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Lunatic-Hai vs Envyus tonight. That should be real fun. Or a stomping from lunatic hai.

Envyus seriously needs someone to play genji and tracer. Which Mickie can, but he's stuck in off-tank for now.

Antiwhippy

Has to be, because he keeps bringing out reaper.

I feel like for your close range dps finisher tracer is much preferred nowadays.

Antiwhippy

Thing about fortify is that you have to be predictive, but then again reinhardt charge is one of the easiest things to react to.

Wonder how it works out in practical terms when it comes to facing off against stuff like sleepdart, hook and flashbang.

Anne

Thing about fortify is that you have to be predictive, but then again reinhardt charge is one of the easiest things to react to.

Wonder how it works out in practical terms when it comes to facing off against stuff like sleepdart, hook and flashbang.

You can easily react to hook with it. Same with earthshatter. You can probably react to sleepdart /sometimes/. No chance in hell for flashbang.

Honestly it appears to work a lot like D.Va's DF. Predictive-wise, no more no less. Shouldn't be a problem for us (ex-)D.Va mains out there to bait it out and block it.

Antiwhippy

You can easily react to hook with it. Same with earthshatter. You can probably react to sleepdart /sometimes/. No chance in hell for flashbang.

Yeah I can see that with hook. I've been pretty good with sleepdarting/iceblocking hooks so this should work out the same.

ISOM

Sleepdart is so fast that I doubt anyone can predict with Fortify.

Thing with those is that you can chase after Ana or Mccree and eliminate chances of getting slept or stunned. Like you can punish those two if they are out of position.

Sleepdart is so fast that I doubt anyone can predict with Fortify.

If you have played a lot of D.Va, you have a very good feel for it. It's weird, but this seems like an olive branch to us avid D.Va players. A make-good for nerfing our main. Not that I'm not still salty, but I appreciate the gesture.

Antiwhippy

Thing with those is that you can chase after Ana or Mccree and eliminate chances of getting slept or stunned. Like you can punish those two if they are out of position.

If orisa is chasing an ana somebody is wildly out of position.

Got placed at 2979, drew my first game, lost the second and then won the next five to get to 3003. No plat hell for me this season wooo.

Wonder if I can get to Master this time.

Anne

You know what's dope af? Reacting to death sentence level CDs with Mercy's new res invuln. I'm telling y'all that shit is soooo good.

LiK

Yea, I think 1v1 against them is the only predictable route.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom