• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT8| Our love will last Pharah-ver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
if you want to get on your map tipz, if you're playing winston defending on anubis, you should hop up on that little perch right near the gate that winstons suually go to because your mercy can get up there too and heal/damage boost completely out of the line of sight of both entrances

antitrop

if you want to get on your map tipz, if you're playing winston defending on anubis, you should hop up on that little perch right near the gate that winstons suually go to because your mercy can get up there too and heal/damage boost completely out of the line of sight of both entrances
I've found so many "Mercy spots" from watching Eevee's stream, that I never would have come up with on my own.

Oasis and Gibraltar have really good ones. In the Gibraltar spot, the beam will reach to your Soldier/McCree on the opposite side high ground and the red pipe provides cover from the enemy team moving the cart up the ramp.

KTS1JH1.png

He also showed the sickest escape route on Numbani A. You can float around the back here and come back to the point pretty quickly.

RemiLP

o shit, im racing through plat now. 91 SR from 1 win. 2800. if i win 2 more in a row, ill probably be in diamond lol. Sounds too good to be true, the losing streak has to come soon.

Anne

I actually followed this yesterday, stopping my placements at 4-2, but I'm usually terrible about it. I went on an loss streak in Season 2 that took me from 2800 to 2200.

I'm pretty sure in Season 1 I dropped from 60 down to 50 at one point, too.

How is your QP MMR like maxed out but your comp SR so low. I don't get it.

antitrop

How is your QP MMR like maxed out but your comp SR so low. I don't get it.

150 hours of Comp played, 400 hours of QP.
Another 250 hours of Comp and I might get GM. :p

The "maxed out QP MMR" still casts a pretty wide net, too. I still see other Diamonds in my QP games, even though most are Master/GM.

My placement matches are like walks in the park compared to QP, though. I'm absolutely going to get Master this season, I was 150 off last season and just kind of gave up after decaying back to 3000, but I'll do it this time.

I also play A LOOOOOOT of Lucio in Comp and my Lucio is nowhere near as good as my Mercy/Zen, but everyone always wants a Lucio and my preferred picks are more situational.

Gorillaz

So many games where people are trying to bring their friends account up to the current rank and fucking it all up for the rest of the team. More then usual now.

Do u have a pic

pizzacat

Banned
I've been babying my teammates in comp, still on that not playing pharah for s4 tip btw, and omg people just get toxic even with the babYing.

Gorillaz

Ana sleep triggers me so hard now. Lol
I never realized how fun it was to punish people with the sleep dart until I did it to a bastion today 7 times. Like it's alwasy been good but I actually felt something deep down doing it repeatedly to bastion all game.

Found a new love for ana. Possibly bae status.

antitrop

My placement game had a 3 stack with 2 Gold players and a Grandmaster. Our other 2 randoms were Gold, I was Diamond.

Didn't work out well. I didn't play very well, either. Game was kind of a mess.

EDIT: Next placement match is a thrower. Noice.

DevilDog

We won on defence. We did nothing on offence. If it was a comp match would have been a stomp.

Yeah but that was because of trash teammates. Who were those 2 plat guys against 2 gms

My placement game had a 3 stack with 2 Gold players and a Grandmaster. Our other 2 randoms were Gold, I was Diamond.

Didn't work out well. I didn't player very well, either. Game was kind of a mess.

EDIT: Next placement match is a thrower. Noice.
So, I've been meaning to ask, are you the same person that was on BSN with that avatar?

rulerk1

who else seems to have the worst luck in comp. Its like the only me or my team can win is if we overcome all the bs against us or me.

PS I always see a soldier on the other team but i never see one on my team. All i get are junkrats, McCree's who cant get headshots, ppl switching off our only healer to play something useless :(

They were warned by people in PTR but nooooo, they had to push out live. Fixed it for PC asap but console players need to suffer through it.

In this last game in Oasis there was something hilarious, their Winston Lucio and D.Va were surrounding komaru (playing Bastion) while he was healing himself and the three of them took like 10 seconds to kill him lol

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
They were warned by people in PTR but nooooo, they had to push out live. Fixed it for PC asap but console players need to suffer through it.

Err what. It's still the same on PC.

Also hasn't actually been a problem on PC from my experience.

Blu(e)

It was changed on live servers.

Bastion

-Ironclad
--Bastion now takes 20% less damage while in Configuration: Sentry or Tank (formerly 35%)
Developer Comments: After introducing the new Ironclad passive ability in the last patch, Bastion felt a little too difficult to deal with. This reduction maintains his survivability while he's transformed, but he shouldn't feel so overbearing to enemies.

If you mean any additional nerfs, then this is the only one they've done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom