• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT8| Our love will last Pharah-ver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Ana Biotic Rifle: Damage decreased from 80 to 60
Biotic Grenade Impact damage reduced from 60 to 30 Impact healing reduced from 100 to 50
DIE GRANDMA DIUE

also
Winston Barrier Projector: Cooldown now starts when the barrier is placed, instead of when it ends
Zenyatta Orb of Destruction: Alternate fire recovery reduced from 1s to 0.6s
Orb of Discord Can now target enemies through barriers

maomaoIYP

Wtf those Ana changes are absolutely brutal.
How the hell is Ana supposed to be viable anymore?

Edit: Sombra translocator buff is interesting

MartyStu

That Ana nerf is pretty damn harsh.

Even that said, Ana is STILL probably the best healer. But purely by the grace of Anti-Heal and Sleep Dart.

Zen competes pretty hard as a healer now.

Mercy still stays losing.

Lucio off in a corner not even sweating it. He will remain top dog until Blizzard adds another speed hero.

antitrop

I'll end the night at 3200, not bad.

My Mercy games have been going really well. The invincibility after Rez is even stronger than I thought it would be.

JxESK0R.png

aeolist

Banned
this seems like a really good balance for the 4 healers now, they all have their strengths and weaknesses. none of them should overshadow the rest like ana has been for so long.

Veelk

Banned
If Junkrat isn't hurting himself from his own explosions anymore, why should anyone?

I'm not saying that sarcastically either. I always thought it was a dumb idea that you can't hurt your teammates, but you can hurt yourself. It was the first step to making D.Va viable when she could not die to her own explosions and it was a good one.

I remember one time that I died as pharah in Lijiang tower because I ulted while I was in front of one of the hanging thingies down from inside the room. It was particularly egregious to me because I killed myself because I shot Pharah's rocket barrage at pieces of cloth, and I died while they came out unscathed.

I like all the changes happening in PTR. Ana is going to always be a good hero because of heal grenade and sleep dart and nanoboost the same way Lucio's always going to be good because of speedboost. Sombra's getting better and better to use, even if her damage is still butts. Winston's barrier getting a boost is also a step in the right direction. And Zenny no longer has to worry about Zarya's barriers. Now if they can just shake up Reinhardt's shield a bit and fuck over Soldier's damage, they'll really shake up the foundations of the game.

MartyStu

this seems like a really good balance for the 4 healers now, they all have their strengths and weaknesses. none of them should overshadow the rest like ana has been for so long.

Lucio still needs to be tuned.

If Junkrat isn't hurting himself from his own explosions anymore, why should anyone?

I'm not saying that sarcastically either. I always thought it was a dumb idea that you can't hurt your teammates, but you can hurt yourself. It was the first step to making D.Va viable when she could not die to her own explosions and it was a good one.

I remember one time that I died as pharah in Lijiang tower because I ulted while I was in front of one of the hanging thingies down from inside the room. It was particularly egregious to me because I killed myself because I shot Pharah's rocket barrage at pieces of cloth, and I died while they came out unscathed.

It is less for lore, and more for balance.

Pharah is probably the strongest argument to be made for keeping it in. Full-charge Zarya grenade to a lesser extent.

LiK

Yea, I think Pharah should be immune too. Makes no sense since Junk is now immune.

Veelk

Banned
Lucio still needs to be tuned.

It is less for lore, and more for balance.

Pharah is probably the strongest argument to be made for keeping it in. Full-charge Zarya grenade to a lesser extent.

I don't play as much Pharah as I used to, but there weren't that many situations where I would abuse rockets if not for myself getting damaged. I can only see it happening for REALLY close encounters, but it's not like those would be the norm even without self damage. I mean, her ultimate alone is one of the crappiest for the sole reason that she is such a sitting duck when using it, so I don't think we need to layer another punishment on top of that for her.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

I like all the changes happening in PTR. Ana is going to always be a good hero because of heal grenade and sleep dart and nanoboost the same way Lucio's always going to be good because of speedboost. Sombra's getting better and better to use, even if her damage is still butts. Winston's barrier getting a boost is also a step in the right direction. And Zenny no longer has to worry about Zarya's barriers. Now if they can just shake up Reinhardt's shield a bit and fuck over Soldier's damage, they'll really shake up the foundations of the game.
because pharah has way more advantages atm that junkrat doesnt have

Those Zen buffs. No longer do I need to camp Reins for them to drop their shield to firestrike until I can discord them. O:
Jeez at Ana nerfs though, holy crap. She's gonna die so fast now.

MartyStu

So, Ana is most likely going the way of McCree? Not technically a bad option, but outclassed by less skill-based options.

Also, it seems like Blizzard no longer likes the idea of supports being able to heal themselves effective.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
That Zen change is huge. Gonna make playing Rein even more painful.

And while those are big Ana hits she's been stupid good for way too long, her kit just does too much so it's a weird spot to be in as small tweaks clearly aren't really hitting her. The game will be hugely impacted if she gets picked a lot less frequently.

ISOM

I don't get people who complain about D.Va as she is still really good. Playing as her still feels nice and against her is annoying and that is a good thing.

Veelk

Banned
So, Ana is most likely going the way of McCree? Not technically a bad option, but outclassed by less skilled-based options.

While biotic grenade still amplifies from other healing sources, prevents enemies from healing, can temporarily take any enemy out of the fight at crucial moments with one well placed shot, and nanoboost as her ult?

She's not going anywhere, bruv. There's just going to be less DPS ana's because with a less powerful rifle and no longer having effectively 300 HP in any given fight, she's going to have a much harder time surviving in full on fights. But fulfilling her role as support is going to be practically as effective as it is now.

Ana is by and far my favourite support character to play and I'm even considering getting a golden gun for her, but yeah she needed to be cut down big time. Like if they wanted to keep her abilities as they were they'd have to chop her shot heals by half. I always felt good about Mercy's capability in healing and really think she should be the baseline in that regard, so having a character that outstripped her in that category and had a whole lot of useful tools on top of that? No good.

Zenyatta being able to orb through Rein shields is a good change as well.

It's amusing that mechanical design-wise Junkrat can't damage himself now, but visual design-wise he's missing limbs, scorched up, and his hair is on fire. :thinking:

Veelk

Banned
Wait, is Zen going to be able to discord through Rein's shield?

I was just thinking of barriers like Zarya's. If there is just no way to prevent discord, that's....more questionable.

It's amusing that mechanical design-wise Junkrat can't damage himself now, but visual design-wise he's missing limbs, scorched up, and his hair is on fire. :thinking:

Lol, good point.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
ana being able to 1v1 all her flankers was ridiculous.

like lucio and mercys options are pretty muich 'run away'
zen's option was kill or be killed
ana? well lets say i dont get you with option number 1, sleep dart. all good. option number 2, i bio grenade you which heals ME, damages you STOPS you from being able to heal and I can easily safely dps your ass even though your role as a flanker is supposed to be to kill me

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
ana being able to 1v1 all her flankers was ridiculous.

like lucio and mercys options are pretty muich 'run away'
zen's option was kill or be killed
ana? well lets say i dont get you with option number 1, sleep dart. all good. option number 2, i bio grenade you which heals ME, damages you STOPS you from being able to heal and I can easily safely dps your ass even though your role as a flanker is supposed to be to kill me
Yeah, I mean I'll admit crushing flanking Genji's or Pharah's by myself never felt as good as with Ana, but it was pretty ridiculous.

Can't wait for the Pharah + Mercy meta.

Cutting nade impact healing in half on a character with no self-heal along with cutting down her damage (4 shot Pharah now) will absolutely shut her down. Especially considering the recent buffs to Mercy. No way to know for sure until it actually goes live, but that's my bet.

Envy going to miss that Talespin. :c

MartyStu

While biotic grenade still amplifies from other healing sources, prevents enemies from healing, can temporarily take any enemy out of the fight at crucial moments with one well placed shot, and nanoboost as her ult?

She's not going anywhere, bruv. There's just going to be less DPS ana's because with a less powerful rifle and no longer having effectively 300 HP in any given fight, she's going to have a much harder time surviving in full on fights. But fulfilling her role as support is going to be practically as effective as it is now.

Well no, it will not be. It will be much, much harder. Clearly it was designed to do just that.

While yes she can no longer be on Pharah/Widow duty, the nerf more than anything hampers her ability to deal with flankers.

Now Zen is probably in a better position to consistently defend himself since if Ana misses her one shot at dart, she dies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom