• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT8| Our love will last Pharah-ver

Status
Not open for further replies.

ferunnico

Neo Member
I just finished my placement matches. Bastion wasn't nearly as prominent and problematic as I imagined. This was on EU servers, though, maybe it's different on NA. So, last season my final rank was 2703, season high was 2909. I'm now at 2474.

Those were some terrible matches. I'm not usually one to blame others, but I mostly played Reinhardt and it felt like most of the time I was just watching the enemy team melt my shield while my team was seemingly doing nothing. Sorry if I sound a bit salty, but I feel like there is a correlation between people instalocking DPS and then sucking as DPS. I mean, I'm not great at DPS either, but that's why I mostly stick to tanks and healers. Also, playing Reinhardt and getting flanked and shot at from four sides at once has to be one of the more frustrating experiences in Overwatch.

Overall, this wasn't a lot of fun and didn't really get me excited for the season. In season 2 I played 85 hours, in season 3 only 15. I wonder if will play even less in season 4. I always get back to Overwatch after a while, but it seems like the breaks are getting longer each time. I hope I don't end up slowly losing interest in the game :(

pizzacat

Banned
Complaining about pharah when she's in such an awkward place right now makes me wonder if the people saying so are on consoles? I hear she's an actual problem there

I appreciate when I see Roadhogs and Zaryas help kill Pharahs. If someone is playing Bastion, they better be aiming at them too.

there's still times where whoever is playing soldier they don't try to take out pharah. i thought we are pass that by now lol.

yea, 4-7AM was the worst fucking time. I will never play Comp during those times again. I was awake and was in the mood to climb. Learned my lesson. It might be a good time to stack tho.

Yeah you caught me on the tail end of box farming Sunday. Got back on and you had already logged. Next time.

Also tried a couple if comp games at that hour. Its absolute trash.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Ana slept me at the beginning of the game and teabagged.

I spent the rest of the round singling her out and killing her every single time. ~You do not want hanjo for your enemy~

Paltheos

GAF, I keep sayin' - If you're stuck in Gold and are actually not a Gold player yourself, pick Roadhog. I dropped to 2200 last season after a bad losing streak and climbed back to Plat easily just solo queueing as Hog. There's not enough situational awareness. The CD nerf probably hurts a bit but hook is so good, man.

Jellie

8e0.jpg

When you hack a Tracer just before she blinks over the water on Volskya B.

Also had a clutch moment with her when we were down 3 people with a little help from hog.

Anne

Complaining about pharah when she's in such an awkward place right now makes me wonder if the people saying so are on consoles? I hear she's an actual problem there

I don't think she is an awkward spot at all. Ever since the patch with the D.Va nerf she has been steadily rising as a strong meta pick in ladder and in pro matches. She's actually having massive impact in the pro games she is in too.

Character is crazy strong right now, almost on par with all the other upper tier DPS picks. Only real difference is she is more situational than something like Tracer or Genji, but in the situation she's strong in she looks unstoppable sometimes.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

She's a problem anywhere beyond having godly hitscan players on your team. Which the majority don't have.

LiK

Fighting against Pharah in a 1v1 as Soldier isn't a huge problem for me. But when you're in a team fight and she's right above you spamming missles, it's a chore. You need to literally stay back and take her out before joining the team fight.

pizzacat

Banned
I don't think she is an awkward spot at all. Ever since the patch with the D.Va nerf she has been steadily rising as a strong meta pick in ladder and in pro matches. She's actually having massive impact in the pro games she is in too.

Character is crazy strong right now, almost on par with all the other upper tier DPS picks. Only real difference is she is more situational than something like Tracer or Genji, but in the situation she's strong in she looks unstoppable sometimes.
Calling out the scrub in me >_> <_<

I've just barely got my pharah boots back from just playing hitscan for 2 months (its mostly the sensitivity)

I feel like the ceiling for her is higher than most dps because you have to be perfect with her to get those unstoppable results, same with mccree.

The difference between a good pharah and an average one is of an ana dying in 2 shots or the whole clip and that right there can dictate the whole fight

komaruR

I just finished my placement matches. Bastion wasn't nearly as prominent and problematic as I imagined. This was on EU servers, though, maybe it's different on NA. So, last season my final rank was 2703, season high was 2909. I'm now at 2474.

Those were some terrible matches. I'm not usually one to blame others, but I mostly played Reinhardt and it felt like most of the time I was just watching the enemy team melt my shield while my team was seemingly doing nothing. Sorry if I sound a bit salty, but I feel like there is a correlation between people instalocking DPS and then sucking as DPS. I mean, I'm not great at DPS either, but that's why I mostly stick to tanks and healers. Also, playing Reinhardt and getting flanked and shot at from four sides at once has to be one of the more frustrating experiences in Overwatch.

Overall, this wasn't a lot of fun and didn't really get me excited for the season. In season 2 I played 85 hours, in season 3 only 15. I wonder if will play even less in season 4. I always get back to Overwatch after a while, but it seems like the breaks are getting longer each time. I hope I don't end up slowly losing interest in the game :(
Work on the dps heros. At that rank, general people either have low awareness or so-so mechanical skills or both. When I sunk to gold in S2 it was both from my experience. My awareness is so so (no headset to listen to footstep, i hate wearing headset :( ) but i know my mechanical skill for console is good if not better above average player.
I got out of gold from playing dps heros like mccree and soldier.
console are hard to aim up the sky. the analog and the range of motion while camera is looking up is limited/restrictive. but then the most problematic is the combination of the flight height of pharah (which = dmg drop due to range) and aim with analog is not as precise like kb/m

I had a lucio help finishing off a low hp pharah yesterday on Nepal Shrine, we had Ana, Soldier, Roadhog, Mercy and Lucio on point, I was Winston and the one harassing her, I swear some people lack any kind of awareness.

I had a lucio help finishing off a low hp pharah yesterday on Nepal Shrine, we had Ana, Soldier, Roadhog, Mercy and Lucio on point, I was Winston and the one harassing her, I swear some people lack any kind of awareness.

Nothing like getting an air melee kill on pharah as Winston. So good.

it's a little harder to play as lucio with sombra deactivating my abilities or ana causing me to not heal myself. it was so much easier to stay on the payload at times because the other team didn't have anyone to stop him from zipping around. but i'll figure out a way to handle them.

Fighting against Pharah in a 1v1 as Soldier isn't a huge problem for me. But when you're in a team fight and she's right above you spamming missles, it's a chore. You need to literally stay back and take her out before joining the team fight.

Basically this.

If I'm given the option to have to engage a Torb + Turret or a Pharah when I need to take a point, I'll take the Torb any day. Torb is supposed to be the "defend" hero but Pharah makes it so much harder to engage due to having to take verticality into account when finding her.

ohkay

So I haven't played in about a week and a half and I'm probably gonna do my placements soon. Anything new I need to look out for (I know bastion was nerfed, but do you still see him a lot?)

LiK

So I haven't played in about a week and a half and I'm probably gonna do my placements soon. Anything new I need to look out for (I know bastion was nerfed, but do you still see him a lot?)

nothing has changed much. i think the nerf has done its job on PC. he's still more of an issue on console atm.

MKIL65

My OCD everytime when a match finishes, and my teammates still has their ultimates...

I'm okay with losing, but Mercy mains please stop throwing!

LiK

My OCD everytime when a match finishes, and my teammates still has their ultimates...

I tilted over the weekend cuz FIVE people in my team had their Ults and they didn't use them before Overtime ended. They announced it. Thanks fellas.

komaruR

I tilted over the weekend cuz FIVE people in my team had their Ults and they didn't use them before Overtime ended. They announced it. Thanks fellas.

watched a twitch friend play over this weekend and his ult call outs and telling people to use ult when they have it since (if they lose the fight its over) the other team is at 90ish% on oasis was so informative.

antitrop

Mercy should just have a gigantic yellow sticker on her forehead that says "REZ IS ONE OF THE FASTEST CHARGING ULTS IN THE GAME, IT'S OKAY TO ONLY REZ ONE PERSON"

She's right up there with Tracer and Sombra, that shit builds like it's nothing.

I had 4 separate Rez's in one single round of KOTH, yesterday.

there's still times where whoever is playing soldier they don't try to take out pharah. i thought we are pass that by now lol.

Still a huge problem in console solo queue. I've had to take out Pharrah as Lucio for fucks sake. It's amazing how many people still refuse to look up. Maybe it's some kind of "Call of Duty effect."

Playing this game with headphones it's such a difference experience. So many sounds that I wasn't hearing from my TV...

Don't have any with mic though which sucks.

Playing this game with headphones it's such a difference experience. So many sounds that I wasn't hearing from my TV...

There was a time when Ana / Reaper was in meta, and if you couldn't hear the crows from Reaper's teleport out of the back corners of your audio setup you'd be dead.

I also love how I can callout people based on their footsteps now.

Basically I'll be playing Lucio and say "Hey I can hear Roadhog up and to the right of the point but I can't see exactly where he is. Be careful."

komaruR

yup the game got great sound. with headset you can probably hear where they coming from or if some1 is sneaking behind you.
your ear will be more sensitive to all sort of sounds.
i just dont like to wear a headset even tho i got one, so all my information input is mostly from sight.
usually voice que like ults get drown by other sound, and i dont react in time.

There was a time when Ana / Reaper was in meta, and if you couldn't hear the crows from Reaper's teleport out of the back corners of your audio setup you'd be dead.

I also love how I can callout people based on their footsteps now.

Basically I'll be playing Lucio and say "Hey I can hear Roadhog up and to the right of the point but I can't see exactly where he is. Be careful."

Yeah I can hear the footsteps much more easily.

And playing Lucio is also really cool since the music changes drastically between heal/speed. That's how you get tinnitus.

are you playing right now?

Yup, just doing QP and mystery heroes on my alt, still need to gain 7 levels to play comp :(

Sent you a FR.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
My experience from League and DOTA.

If you play rank and lose two in a row. Call it quits for the day. You're frustrated and typically will be playing worse.

antitrop

My experience from League and DOTA.

If you play rank and lose two in a row. Call it quits for the day. You're frustrated and typically will be playing worse.

I actually followed this yesterday, stopping my placements at 4-2, but I'm usually terrible about it. I went on an loss streak in Season 2 that took me from 2800 to 2200.

I'm pretty sure in Season 1 I dropped from 60 down to 50 at one point, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom