• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT8| Our love will last Pharah-ver

Status
Not open for further replies.
i havent even finish my placement on my main acc. now with orisa not coming out soon means the bastion patch wont come up until much later. such a pain to play against other bastion in console. im too old with this shit :(

Yeah, doesn't make sense that they didn't patch the console versions yet. He's completely broken.

But even if I do my placements it should be fine, I'm probably going to be placed around 2500 so I can still play with people that haven't finish them.

antitrop

It's okay with me that Ana still heals more than Mercy if you factor the grenade into it, she takes more skill to play so she should, it just never sat right with me quite how wide the disparity was.

As a support main, I want to play DPS more, but I always find that I have problem with consistency. I have bursts of glory followed by times when I can't do anything but die.

Trying to mess with settings, because I think part of it is a sens/aim assist issue. But I really don't know.

Any suggestions?

Fugu

It's okay with me that Ana still heals more than Mercy if you factor the grenade into it, she takes more skill to play so she should, it just never sat right with me quite how wide the disparity was.
Balancing around the notion of "takes more skill to play" is crazy. Mercy is very limited use with Ana having better healing output than her.

Besides, the notion that Mercy requires less skill is flawed to begin with. It is demonstrably easier to play as Ana and contribute to your team than Mercy at almost every level of play. Yeah, you have to aim as Ana, but Mercy players have to be prodigious about positioning and basically have to never die to maximize their healing and ult effectiveness.

LiK

i usually play counters and if needing a tank i generally go monkey to swat weebos but bastion got no good counter except for another bastion atm. turtle bastion strats is even much more a pain to deal with :(

Bastion on console ain't too bad with some teamwork. He's a bit overrated from my experience. Even in Comp, people can take him down quickly. It's only a bother on QP cuz people aren't playing serious.

You guys are worried about nothing, tbh.

Well, I guess all that time I've put into Zenyatta recently is going to be handy.

The Ana nerf makes Mercy the strongest single target healer now. Amount healed over 5 seconds without abilities: Mercy (300) > Ana (240) > Zen (150) > Lucio (62.5). With abilities: Mercy (300) > Ana (290) > Lucio 180 > Zen (150)

I didn't include the effect of healing grenade because all the healers benefit from it but yeah. Prior to this nerf, Ana was the best healer 320 over 5 seconds with 100 from the grenade. Even not including the heal boost, she was pretty nuts. Ana will be a solid healer still but more in line with everyone else.

Winston bubble buff has been a long time coming, lol
Hmmm? Have I missed something?

Pretty sure Ana's gun isn't doing reduced HP? Is it?

KiraFA37

When you stall a 3 v 1 for long enough for your translocator to come off cd and you have ult ready.
My first potg with her was yesterday on Anubis B. Hacked the one below the bridge and had soldier, zarya and lucio fail to kill me. EMP them, killed them and then cleaned up on the point to cap it.

8330xgl.jpg

Nice. I have 51 hours on Zen in total so I should be fine. That or I'm going to explore Tracer/Pharah/Reinhardt/Dva..

Skii

The stark realisation that Pharmercy is going to dominate diamond and below because all the good McCrees are in Master or above.

gg blizzard

Nimby

Banned
Ana heals 375 in 5 seconds. Her healing on her rifle wasn't touched, unless I'm missing something. With biogrenade she still heals about above 500 in the same time period, more or less depending how you use it.

antitrop

Ana heals 375 in 5 seconds. Her healing on her rifle wasn't touched, unless I'm missing something. With biogrenade she still heals about above 500 in the same time period, more or less depending how you use it.
Wouldn't it be 350 at 75 per shot with a fire rate of 1.25/s (4 shots in 5 seconds, for 300 healing), +50 for the grenade impact?

Fugu

I had a game where our hitscan complain that our team was just letting Pharah run us over and it was our fault he could not kill her.

I fear for the worst.
This is a thing, though. Pharah only needs to chain two directs to kill hitscans so you can't just be like "oh the hitscans will deal with it" and go on your merry way. Shutting down Pharah has to be a co-ordinated team effort; a single hitscan with no support will only kill her if he gets lucky.

LiK

As a Soldier player, a Pharah is annoying to deal with if she focuses on you when you try to kill her. It's easier for her to take you out than you to her unless you're midrange.

Fugu

I really prefer to use a Widow to take her out if the map allows it.
Widow's not great for Pharah since Pharah can destroy her if she can close the distance, which she usually can with rocket jump.

I play a lot of Pharah (on PC) and I'd rate the best Pharah counter as McCree by a considerable margin, but the important thing is that countering Pharah requires co-ordination from the supports.

But really if a Pharah is getting 1v1ed by a Zen they should just quit.
Yep. If you're using your movement options you should never be killed by Zen as Pharah.

Jellie

I had a game where our hitscan complain that our team was just letting Pharah run us over and it was our fault he could not kill her.

I fear for the worst.
Well its not just the hit scans responsibility. Pharah will focus them first and if caught by surprise or with no support pharah will win. Hit scan is just the easiest to deal with her but she can outrange them easily.

Is that enough DPS? I dont even know. Rarely see Zen so never played that type of match up before.

Nah Genji and Tracer still the best at taking out Zen.

Even if it isn't enough DPS, it'll cause the pharah to land or switch.
Nah sombra best flanker. No bias. Any flanker can kill him easily tbh. Sombra and tracer are easiest I think. Tracer cos of the sheer damage and sombra because of the ult. It's fast ult so you can have it every fight if your team uses your packs and even without ult his hitbox is so bad you can one clip him.

LiK

But really if a Pharah is getting 1v1ed by a Zen they should just quit.

Good or bad, Pharahs are a pain to deal with most of the time. I always like if they end up switching to someone else so I can stop looking up.

Yep. If you're using your movement options you should never be killed by Zen as Pharah.

Zen is one of the better heroes to take her out aside from the usual DPS as long as you can take her out before she notices you.

Vitanimus

Smurfs are just not fun to with or against. Really frustrates when you get matched with or against someone that is clearly punching above the weight of the entire group.

Fugu

Zen is one of the better heroes to take her out aside from the usual DPS as long as you can take her out before she notices you.
I think presuming, as a Zen, that I'm going to see Pharah before she sees me is pretty dangerous. As a Pharah player, locating the supports is one of the first things that I do and Zen is a character that I target since his mobility options are very limited and he has a huge DPS disparity to ameliorate if he doesn't have any help.

fhqwhgads

Competitive is a shithole on console right now. It all boils down to "Who can use the Bastion strategy better" and it makes every game so god damn boring. Not to mention I've had people insult me and outright throw games because I'd rather play something else than a character with the sole purpose of babysitting a Bastion player. Talk about sucking the fun out of the game when you've got people who don't play for enjoyment but rather so they can follow "the meta" pitch perfectly every single game.

Skii

I stopped playing Pharah after I got Firestruck out of the sky.

Yeah I've done that a couple of times. The other 99% of the time the Rein just slowly dies as the rest of the team are incompetent shits who cant shoot a Pharah out of the sky.
not salty

Even if it isn't enough DPS, it'll cause the pharah to land or switch.
Nah sombra best flanker. No bias. Any flanker can kill him easily tbh. Sombra and tracer are easiest I think. Tracer cos of the sheer damage and sombra because of the ult. It's fast ult so you can have it every fight if your team uses your packs and even without ult his hitbox is so bad you can one clip him.

Yeah forgot about Sombra's ult. Genji is still really good vs him. His hitbox is so nice that you can land like 2 shurikens from right click dashes and you have reflect if he tries charging a volley.

Good or bad, Pharahs are a pain to deal with most of the time. I always like if they end up switching to someone else so I can stop looking up.

I hate playing vs Pharahs and Widows. They aren't particularly hard to fight as Genji but it's just so much hassle.

LiK

I hate Widows with a passion right now. Aim in my general area and death. I'm sure it takes some skill esp on console but that charged shot is annoying as fuck.

KiraFA37

Okay changing my sens from 7.65 to 5.25 lets see if I can hit scan better, playing with 1200DPI. Problem is I have been a wrist player all my live and changing to arm aiming will?is taking some time.

Jellie

Yeah I've done that a couple of times. The other 99% of the time the Rein just slowly dies as the rest of the team are incompetent shits who cant shoot a Pharah out of the sky.
not salty

Yeah forgot about Sombra's ult. Genji is still really good vs him. His hitbox is so nice that you can land like 2 shurikens from right click dashes and you have reflect if he tries charging a volley.

I hate playing vs Pharahs and Widows. They aren't particularly hard to fight as Genji but it's just so much hassle.
Any zen worth his salt will never m2. Especially in a 1 v 1. Maybe after the PTR patch but right now the downtime is too much.
Okay changing my sens from 7.65 to 5.25 lets see if I can hit scan better, playing with 1200DPI. Problem is I have been a wrist player all my live and changing to arm aiming will?is taking some time.

That seems way too high. I use 4.5/1000. Changed it to 4/1000 today though. Try changing by 0.5 at a time till you get used to it.

KiraFA37

Any zen worth his salt will never m2. Especially in a 1 v 1. Maybe after the PTR patch but right now the downtime is too much.

That seems way too high. I use 4.5/1000. Changed it to 4/1000 today though. Try changing by 0.5 at a time till you get used to it.

The thing is that differences in 0.5 steps is pretty minimal when coming down from 7+ in my opinion. I only notice major difference once I went down to 5 and lower. I went down to 4 for testing purposes but that was way too slow. 5.25 was an acceptable value I felt comfortable with. Just going to stay off comp for a couple of days while I adjust.

LiK

I do like using a charged Zen shot and instakilling a Pharah. They think they're safe on top of a structure.

Jellie

The thing is that differences in 0.5 steps is pretty minimal when coming down from 7+ in my opinion. I only notice major difference once I went down to 5 and lower. I went down to 4 for testing purposes but that was way too slow. 5.25 was an acceptable value I felt comfortable with. Just going to stay off comp for a couple of days while I adjust.

Gonna decay to 3000 now. You should be able to 360 from one movement on your pad.

Also PTR patch up. 400ish mb I think.

Shouta

Hmmm? Have I missed something?

Pretty sure Ana's gun isn't doing reduced HP? Is it?

Oh! I always assumed it was the same value...Dafuq? This nerf is kinda weird then...

So she's still the Queen of healing but can't do as much damage on the occasion she has to? Wat... So wait does that mean biotic only does 50 damage but still heals 100?

Jellie

Oh! I always assumed it was the same value...Dafuq? This nerf is kinda weird then...

So she's still the Queen of healing but can't do as much damage on the occasion she has to? Wat... So wait does that mean biotic only does 50 damage but still heals 100?

30 damage 50 heals I think.

komaruR

just gonna post this since we're talking about pharah again.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWI5gRdkp4k

you way back when pharah was just patched. people where complaining that she was nerfed because she lost the ability to juggle with missle. it only took me few matches that i already saw a threat and was warning people about pharah actually got a buff due to minimal dmg and flight buff.
prepatch i could take care of mccree on console without any problem and after patch mccree on console just cant handle the range difference due to flight buff. the minimal dmg from explosion made it worse that i get almost 2 hit. the pharah wasnt even doing any fancy weaving, it just that the dmg drop off was so bad as mccree i couldnt kill her in 3 hits no more and let alone stay alive more than 2 shots from her. *just me ranting again lol, cause i can't use mccree as my goto serious hero anymore :(*

o btw, since i dont use ana often but i do notice ana's scoped firerate seems a bit slower than unscope firerate. is that true?

I don't see why she's more dominant after patch.
Less healing overall meaning her damage means more.

Harmony orb is great on Pharah

Discord orb is great on Pharah targets

Ana was great at keeping pressure on Pharah even if she didn't always kill her.

More discord hurts her, but I think overall she'll be very powerful.

It's not always the hitscan players fault if they can't take down a Pharmercy. A lot of it has to do with other variables like team positioning and comp. There have been times where I was soldier and my other team dps is junkrat vs a pharmercy + widow combo and the team would complain that I couldn't harass Pharah enough. Well it's not my fault that I can't take down a pocketed Pharah while a Widow snipes me and the junkrat on my team is spamming nades only at their tanks but the finger is still pointed at me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom