• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT8| Our love will last Pharah-ver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shouta

If you consider 50% minor. By itself maybe. But with everything together than no.

Well, her ability to heal isn't as diminished if the gun hasn't changed on that front. So less instant healing on the grenade isn't that bad. She has less offense now so she can't stick enemies with needles and make them keel over.

It kinda gives Lucio a bigger niche as the air healer, I guess?

pizzacat

Banned
I don't see why she's more dominant after patch.
Me neither? Influx of Flankers mean more McCree play. Zen going up means more discord on
Pharah and less of a chance to survive

But I think she's in an awkward position now so what do I know lol?

NeoRaider

I hate Widows with a passion right now. Aim in my general area and death. I'm sure it takes some skill esp on console but that charged shot is annoying as fuck.

On PC you literally can't have 2 QP games in a row without Widow. She is in every fucking match. Usually in both teams. :(

Skii

Well, her ability to heal isn't as diminished if the gun hasn't changed on that front. So less instant healing on the grenade isn't that bad. She has less offense now so she can't stick enemies with needles and make them keel over.

It's a big nerf for her survivability. If a flanker was on her, she could always do the 160HP swing. Now it's only 80 HP. That's quite significant. Forcing an Ana to use the grenade on herself is pretty big for a team fight but for that to not even be enough to keep her alive is questionable. Still needs to be properly tested but theoretically it seems a bit harsh for Ana.

Jellie

It's her survivability that's the issue. Since she heals and snipes from a distance she should be further back but makes it easy for her to get killed.

KiraFA37

Gonna decay to 3000 now. You should be able to 360 from one movement on your pad.

Also PTR patch up. 400ish mb I think.

I have a big mouse pad, I can still do a 360+, the thing is I have to do it with my arm now instead of of my wrist which is kinda ingrained in me. I looked up the decay rate and it is 50SR every 24 hours after the grace period ends, not that bad considering I've been fluctuating around 75SR the past couple of days. Sometimes you just have to experiment, besides the season just started so enough time to climb
or fall horribly.

Less healing overall meaning her damage means more.

Harmony orb is great on Pharah

Discord orb is great on Pharah targets

Ana was great at keeping pressure on Pharah even if she didn't always kill her.

More discord hurts her, but I think overall she'll be very powerful.

Bastion/S76 combo though. With a Zen discord on top of that, she's fucked.

Anne

That seems way too high. I use 4.5/1000. Changed it to 4/1000 today though. Try changing by 0.5 at a time till you get used to it.

It's not really. The range of cm/360 pros use is p wide so you don't need to drop it that low. Some of the best hitscan players in the world play higher than the sens Kira listed.

Anyways, anybody thinking the Ana nerv is really /that/ severe probably underestimate how good she was. You can't get healer pickrates to match her unless you power creep the hell out of that role.

caesar

Banned
Any zen worth his salt will never m2. Especially in a 1 v 1. Maybe after the PTR patch but right now the downtime is too much.

That seems way too high. I use 4.5/1000. Changed it to 4/1000 today though. Try changing by 0.5 at a time till you get used to it.

9/400 fo lyf

I think I put the PS4 in rest mode when I got to a safe location in Nioh.

Which means I'll have to boot that up, beat the level (or more likely die) before I can play some OW.

Feelsbadman.

Me neither? Influx of Flankers mean more McCree play. Zen going up means more discord on
Pharah and less of a chance to survive

But I think she's in an awkward position now so what do I know lol?

Well for starters Zen can easily target vital targets behind a rein shield, making it easier for pharah to take them down, I think her impact will be maximized specially on chokepoints.

LiK

NieR arrived but Horizon needs to be beaten before I bother. OW has been nagging at me. When you guys finally do your placements, maybe we can do some real Comp. If you're waiting for the Orisa release then I guess I have plenty of time for other games.

Jellie

I have a big mouse pad, I can still do a 360+, the thing is I have to do it with my arm now instead of of my wrist which is kinda ingrained in me. I looked up the decay rate and it is 50SR every 24 hours after the grace period ends, not that bad considering I've been fluctuating around 75SR the past couple of days. Sometimes you just have to experiment, besides the season just started so enough time to climb
or fall horribly.
The bigger the mouse pad the less sens you can go. If you use your arm not your wrist.

Bastion/S76 combo though. With a Zen discord on top of that, she's fucked.
We'll see. One of the downsides was that running the preferred healer setup (Lucio + Ana) didn't suit Pharah because it's hard for console Ana's to take care of a Pharah teammate. Now Mercy and Zen who are way better at healing her will be the preferred picks.

I'm not making assumptions about pro games or anything but I think a duo queue Pharmercy could do some good work in comp, on console, post patch.

But I haven't played the game consistently for over a month so what do I know.

hypernima

Banned
NieR arrived but Horizon needs to be beaten before I bother. OW has been nagging at me. When you guys finally do your placements, maybe we can do some real Comp. If you're waiting for the Orisa release then I guess I have plenty of time for other games.

I still want real QP tho.

If you're in the Plat range hit me up when you're available fam.

Same to anyone else who was 2500-3000 last season. Talynn#1113

komaruR

I hate Widows with a passion right now. Aim in my general area and death. I'm sure it takes some skill esp on console but that charged shot is annoying as fuck.
i like fighting widows as hanzo on console tho. with my cd advantageous sonar arrow, i usually counter snipe them. i counter sniped alot of the widows last night lol. the only time i die to widow is if i forgot about her and walked to death path. but if she wanna play a sniping battle im up for it with my hanzo lol.
Okay changing my sens from 7.65 to 5.25 lets see if I can hit scan better, playing with 1200DPI. Problem is I have been a wrist player all my live and changing to arm aiming will?is taking some time.
Im a wrist player too and I started out like 3200dpi and 4sens. I took a break from pc ow and when I got back I started using 1600 and 4 sens. I sometime will lower my sens to 3 if I want a little more precise.
I guess the break from playing pc ow made me be able to adjust to a lower sensitivity but of course not a dramatic low sens like 800dpi/4sens kinda thing.
I find my aim is much better now and I kinda adapt to it already. I still use my wrist but with combination of small arm movement to compensate the lower dpi.
Small step at a time, small steps...
I play a pretty decent Pharah. I think she is going to dominate on console once this new patch comes out.
Not when monkey have lower cd with his barrier in the patch.
I play pharah often too and out of all barriers, i hated winston's 360 barrier the most. since i can't shoot behind the shield (its 360 duh) and it takes around a full clip to destory.
Less healing overall meaning her damage means more.

Harmony orb is great on Pharah

Discord orb is great on Pharah targets

Ana was great at keeping pressure on Pharah even if she didn't always kill her.

More discord hurts her, but I think overall she'll be very powerful.

So to my point, regardless people have discord orb from zen, its not gonna be much if pharah can't touch her targets :)
I'll say the patch is balance atleast for pharah's aspect if people try using winston's barrier more.

caesar

Banned

Horizon is pretty disappointing for me so far. Blasphemy on gaf but I don't really enjoy single player anymore. Machine fights are cool but its not enough for me. ;_;

Anne

Also Zen isn't quite as good at murdering Pharah but I'm pretty sure he is good enough to get a Soldier/McCree to murder them.

LiK

i like fighting widows as hanzo on console tho. with my cd advantageous sonar arrow, i usually counter snipe them. i counter sniped alot of the widows last light lol the only time i die to widow is if i forgot about her and walked to death path but if she wanna play a sniping battle im up for it with my hanzo lol.

I believe you. You're a damn good Hanzo from what I saw. When we do Comp, I won't yell if you pick him.

He's console. He has a PC account but thats for PTR I think?

yea, i'm not hardcore on PC atm. Just not invested in trying to be awesome on both platforms. Maybe when PS4 crew dries up, I'll take PC more seriously.

Horizon is pretty disappointing for me so far. Blasphemy on gaf but I don't really enjoy single player anymore. Machine fights are cool but its not enough for me. ;_;

Really? That's a shame. I'm loving it right now altho trying to juggle between that and my urge to play OW has been pretty miserable XD

Anne

What's the counter play to this except from having your own Orisa shield to block it?

Have your own Orisa since she kinda shits on Rein or play a more mobile team that isn't susceptible to this type deal.

About Rein/Orisa, it /looks/ like that particular comp will be weak to dive comps but who the hell really knows until we get it.

Edit: D.Va could have eaten the projectile there too.

We'll see. One of the downsides was that running the preferred healer setup (Lucio + Ana) didn't suit Pharah because it's hard for console Ana's to take care of a Pharah teammate. Now Mercy and Zen who are way better at healing her will be the preferred picks.

I'm not making assumptions about pro games or anything but I think a duo queue Pharmercy could do some good work in comp, on console, post patch.

But I haven't played the game consistently for over a month so what do I know.

What you say makes sense. We'll see.

But in regards to Pharmercy, I feel sorry for the person playing mercy. It's really fucking boring playing her like that :(

LiK

What you say makes sense. We'll see.

But in regards to Pharmercy, I feel sorry for the person playing mercy. It's really fucking boring playing her like that :(

When I play Mercy, I will never pocket Pharah because yes, it's stupid boring to play like that.

KillGore

I agree that Widows are annoying as hell but switch to Winston and you'll plow through her like nothing, especially since she's usually alone, without her team.

komaruR

He's console. He has a PC account but thats for PTR I think?
I added you on PC NA and EU bnet servers (why the heck theres seperate friendlist per server >_>). I'm NA but I did tried playing on EU other the weekend and it seems find even with 100ish ms ping. Mind I play with you folks on EU once a while on qp?
I do find the game I played on EU qp are less throwing. People tries to win and switch up to needed heros (they were initially testing out heros); where as in NA people just says "its only quickplay" so they don't try to win.
I believe you. You're a damn good Hanzo from what I saw. When we do Comp, I won't yell if you pick him.
Back a couple weeks ago when I just started playing back ow (took a break to play destiny) I used hanzo on our first few match together. My aim was so bad that I switched off immediately and played heros with less accuracy needed, like winston. :p (was worry you guys were thinking i was throwing with hanzo lol)

What's the counter play to this except from having your own Orisa shield to block it?

winston's shield is now viable to use often now too.

When I play Mercy, I will never pocket Pharah because yes, it's stupid boring to play like that.
If you ever see me on Mercy, I will be doing battlemercy 80% of the time due to the same reason. It's boring to pocket anyone regardless lol. And by that time, you'll know i'm not playing seriously if I'm battle mercy :p

Jellie

Have your own Orisa since she kinda shits on Rein or play a more mobile team that isn't susceptible to this type deal.

About Rein/Orisa, it /looks/ like that particular comp will be weak to dive comps but who the hell really knows until we get it.

Edit: D.Va could have eaten the projectile there too.

Already mentioned Orisa in my own post.
What about in solo queue when you can't control if your team runs dive or Dva. Just spread out to reduce their incentive to use it?

I added you on PC NA and EU bnet servers (why the heck theres seperate friendlist per server >_>). I'm NA but I did tried playing on EU other the weekend and it seems find even with 100ish ms ping. Mind I play with you folks on EU once a while on qp?
I do find the game I played on EU qp are less throwing. People tries to win and switch up to needed heros (they were initially testing out heros); where as in NA people just says "its only quickplay" so they don't try to win.

Yeah if you play during EU time. Going on now (PTR) so you'll have to readd. How did you find my bnet anyway since it was a random add?

Anne

What about in solo queue when you can't control if your team runs dive or Dva. Just spread out to reduce their incentive to use it?

You need to pick something that works against it if your team won't or you'll just lose. This is true against a lot of stuff already in the game :T

Why I play half the cast at this point.

Shouta

It's a big nerf for her survivability. If a flanker was on her, she could always do the 160HP swing. Now it's only 80 HP. That's quite significant. Forcing an Ana to use the grenade on herself is pretty big for a team fight but for that to not even be enough to keep her alive is questionable. Still needs to be properly tested but theoretically it seems a bit harsh for Ana.

It's her survivability that's the issue. Since she heals and snipes from a distance she should be further back but makes it easy for her to get killed.

Eh, it's not that big of hit for her survivability since she has her sleep dart still. I mean it's still a hit but if you're playing the right distance you should still get backup in the right teams. It just means playing her in QP or solo comp will be more difficult.

She still maintains her position as a pretty great char but is more inline now. My misunderstanding would have been a real nerf to me, this is more rounding out the edges.

komaruR

Yeah if you play during EU time. Going on now (PTR) so you'll have to readd. How did you find my bnet anyway since it was a random add?
I added you when posted your bnet back when you started pc and all other folks. Little that I know NA and EU fl server is seperate lol. But somehow you went on NA server and accepted me, so I was able to readd you on EU (if not, there's no way i could remember those digits after # :p ).
Jeff Kaplan will be disappointed. You're no hanzo main :(

antitrop

It's not just boring, it's also kinda bad. One of the parts of my Mercy play I've been trying to improve the most over the last few months is knowing when to bounce back and forth between Pharah and the main team, because you should be doing both.

A Mercy that sticks on Pharah 100% of the time is as bad as a Mercy that sticks on any other one character for the entire game. Being someone's pocket bitch is just a lazy way to play.

LiK

It's not just boring, it's also kinda bad. One of the parts of my Mercy play I've been trying to improve the most over the last few months is knowing when to bounce back and forth between Pharah and the main team, because you should be doing both.

A Mercy that sticks on Pharah 100% of the time is as bad as a Mercy that sticks on any other one character for the entire game. Being someone's pocket bitch is just a lazy way to play.

Yea, I watched a Mercy guide from a GM and even he said that pocketing Pharah is a bad way to play and does nothing for your team's survival. Good Pharah players should be fine without a pocket Mercy anyway.

I wish Ana's would nanoboost me as high energy Zarya more often :/

People still boosting Rein when you can just walk away from him lmao.

Kappa no Kappa, Rein is not the de facto boost option anymore.

This is why I like queuing with you. You get it.

I had a match last night on Route 66 where neither Lucio nor Mercy healed me, and the Mercy pocketed her two stack friend Pharah.

Jellie

I added you when posted your bnet back when you started pc and all other folks. Little that I know NA and EU fl server is seperate lol. But somehow you went on NA server and accepted me, so I was able to readd you on EU (if not, there's no way i could remember those digits after # :p ).

Jeff Kaplan will be disappointed. You're no hanzo main :(

Ah. That's probably because I added somebody then went to NA servers because I realised you need different servers and saw the request so accepted.

NeoRaider

I almost never trust Ana healers in QP. If i am not a healer and someone else picks her i know that i am not getting healed no matter how much i and teammates are asking for healing.

Seriously DPS and Widow wannabe Anas are THE WORST! Also it looks like some ppl just can't aim with her no matter what.

komaruR

People still boosting Rein when you can just walk away from him lmao.

Kappa no Kappa, Rein is not the de facto boost option anymore.
man, last night before I went to bed, I watched Anne's stream. She plays a sick Zarya. My mind was blown by the crazy tracking and especially awareness. How the heck you know Hidan (Pharah) needed barrier and was on top of the roof on hollywood when it was just a small glimpse of him on your screen.

Finished my placements last night... was put into gold (2468), played 2 games (won both) and now sitting at 2608. This is the first season that I was placed that low... oh well no big deal. Gonna shoot for diamond again this season, a pretty doable goal.

On the plus side, I had a pretty nice little play (registered as sextuple) but no one got PotG for it and it wasn't even a highlight for me. I understand that I only really had one finishing blow (the rest of the team put in work), but it was still the only team kill that game!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7K0CFneHYco

Winston/Zarya/Sombra/Tracer/Lucio/Zenyatta.

This is the only comp I want to run ever again. I guess Tracer, Soldier 76, and Pharah can rotate through the DPS slots as needed.

So they're getting really inconsistent regarding explosive projectiles vs self damage.

We now have DVa mech and Junkrat grenades in the "no" category, while Soldier and Pharah still damage themselves.

Anyone else?

So they're getting really inconsistent regarding explosive projectiles vs self damage.

We now have DVa mech and Junkrat grenades in the "no" category, while Soldier and Pharah still damage themselves.

Anyone else?

Zarya still damages herself with her projectiles, no?

Tracer ultimate as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom