• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT8| Our love will last Pharah-ver

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sssshhh, no Charges, only Firestrikes and Earthshatters now

POy1xD6.png

Overbuff numbers are confusing now. Way different averages with way different percentiles. Is that PC?

Cappa

Banned
Overbuff numbers are confusing now. Way different averages with way different percentiles. Is that PC?

whats so different between the 2? lol

One is Quickplay stats and the other one looks like Comp?

Sooner or later you're going to lose so much you won't mind grouping up with me again. I went 2-0 soloq tonight but one game I was with a group of 5 and they weren't in team chat and it was dull.

Hi, I think you should play much earlier just so you can play with us silly Europeans who are 6 hours ahead from you.

Moonkid

Had the most bizarre game today where we got smashed on the first point of Anubis before we got our shit together/the enemy team lost their minds and held point B for 6 minutes, the latter half of which we were in the section that leads up to the gates between the two points. They were tightly coordinated in the first push but just kept trickling on for the rest of the match despite changing up their characters and keeping a decent team composition. It's like they all passed the controller to a newbie next to them while still giving them tips.

Meccs

Serious question: How do you keep your calm when you notice that some of the people on your team are throwing or are just really bad? I'm not leaving or raging in chat but it makes me so angry that it effects my next games too. I don't even know how to play in this situation, when no one is sticking together and they are just rushing in. I don't wanna throw myself at the enemy too so I'm not really sure how I should play the next 5+ minutes until the charade ends. Do you switch heroes or keep on pretending it's a normal game? I have the urge to just leave or stay in spawn but I don't wanna do this for obvious reasons. Any tips?

(that is for SoloQ obviously)

Serious question: How do you keep your calm when you notice that some of the people on your team are throwing or are just really bad? I'm not leaving or raging in chat but it makes me so angry that it effects my next games too. I don't even know how to play in this situation, when no one is sticking together and they are just rushing in. I don't wanna throw myself at the enemy too so I'm not really sure how I should play the next 5+ minutes until the charade ends. Do you switch heroes or keep on pretending it's a normal game? I have the urge to just leave or stay in spawn but I don't wanna do this for obvious reasons. Any tips?

I try to stick to one or two others and do what I can to give then back up. Work with them instead of against em. No matter how silly they're playing.

maomaoIYP

There's really nothing you can do if someone is throwing. I would swap to whatever character I like best and just prepare for the loss.

Cappa

Banned

Just do your best and pretend its a normal game. Ill give you a recent example of a SoloQ experience of mine in comp.

We started off fine composition wise, a healer, a couple of tanks, DPS, Mei etc but we got completely steam rolled the first two matches and people decided to troll. after 0-2 we went Tracer, Hanzo, Symmetra, Soldier, Zarya, Pharah and ended up winning the game coming back from 0-2 on Oasis to win 3-2.

I think people are completely stuck on following the meta to a t, that sometimes it makes it so people are playing heroes they normally wouldnt play and therefore really arent good with. I think people should focus less on the meta, and more on what is and what isnt working. Sometimes going with crazy team comps is much better than you stuck playing Rein, when you arent a verygood Rein, etc

Also, people need to not get so stressed so quickly... if youre on a Payload map defending, and the team completely stomps you through the first point, that isnt the end of the world and you shouldnt get frustrated and throw the game. Plenty of time to change something on your team to counter.

I think the biggest game changers in my experiences are 1)People who switch to early and 2)and people who never switch.

The people who switch to early and often, never build up any ults and are a detriment to the team and people who never switch off of something that is clearly not working are a detriment as well. Most of my "come from behind wins" are because people were willing to switch at the right times to something that works.

Good lord, just played my first round of the Pharah and Mercy brawl and I had to stop playing for a bit because I got so dizzy.

What an absolute clusterfuck of brawl lol.

Salarians

teach me ur secrets
Boop them into a pit and wall slide while they're falling, so you're on the wall right when they die. Hard but doable. As for Zenyatta's, pray to the Iris that you get good teammates. A Zarya ult was my ideal scenario so I was very surprised it popped when it did. This happened after two weeks of mostly garbage matches so it was exceptionally nice 👌🏻

I'm down to the final 6 trophies and that is one of them.

Gimme mah Platinum trophy!
Last trophies I need are Junkrat and Bastion's "get four kills with your ult" trophies, Hog Wild, and Waste Not, Want Not. On the rarity scale, these aren't so bad. I just don't use these characters very often. Eternally grateful I was able to get Mine Sweeper and the "destroy 3 teleporters in one match" trophy before hero stacking got removed from QP.

I also need the cosmetics trophy and Sombra's "15 hacks without dying" but one will come with time and the other isn't required for the platinum trophy so I'm not too concerned.

Good lord, just played my first round of the Pharah and Mercy brawl and I had to stop playing for a bit because I got so dizzy.

What an absolute clusterfuck of brawl lol.
it's such a mess lmao. direct hits become so important, tho
Here's my weekly complaint about 9 wins in Arcade Mode for boxes is total bullshit.
better than no extra lootboxes tbh

find some people, do 6v6, pick a shit cheese comp

Owzers

whats so different between the 2? lol

One is Quickplay stats and the other one looks like Comp?

Hi, I think you should play much earlier just so you can play with us silly Europeans who are 6 hours ahead from you.

Usually every other week I can play a bit earlier.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Here's my weekly complaint about 9 wins in Arcade Mode for boxes is total bullshit.

Eh, it's not that bad(plus it's a nice change of pace from QP/Comp), sometimes you're lucky and you get 3-4 wins in an evening.

Sometimes you're not, and you don't even win once, but still! :p

Anne

I don't understand what is so hard about winning arcade mode for boxes :x

9 wins seems perfectly reasonable to me.

Grisby

I think it's fine. The modes are something different and it gives out some lootboxes for wins.

3v3 and Mystery Heroes can be a good time.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I think it's fine. The modes are something different and it gives out some lootboxes for wins.

3v3 and Mystery Heroes can be a good time.

Brawl would a lot more fun if they..

Add more unique & fun modes like Total Mayhem, Lucio/Roadhog on Ilios where everyone try to throw people in the hole, 5 Reinhards/1 Lucio for the chaos, etc.
Remove Soldiers only, or at least remove the 100 HP handicap(seriously who likes dying in 2 hits anyway?)
Remove Pharah/Mercy(can't hit shit when everyone is flying)
Remove Snipers only(just a terrible mode)

Cappa

Banned
Yes, but you can get 3 boxes per week.

Yeah I know, but its 3 wins for 1 loot box, max 3. The person I quoted made it seem that you need 9 wins for 1 loot box.

I think the way they have it is perfect... you dont have to like Arcade mode but I think giving an incentive to play Arcade is a nice touch.

It starts next week in HotS, so maybe we'll hear about it then.

I am not holding my hopes out for an event... but some new sprays, lines, and hopefully skins would be nice.

If anything, they're a little generous with the boxes. I'm only level ~300 and I'm running out of stuff I actually care to unlock.

More content, plz, Blizzard, and not just wacky event stuff.

I do wish they'd left the Oasis playlist up longer. That was the most fun to farm.

Heropon

Is it common to not get achievement popups? I got the Zenyatta transcendence one but didn't realize it until I saw the spray in the gallery.

Is it common to not get achievement popups? I got the Zenyatta transcendence one but didn't realize it until I saw the spray in the gallery.

Pretty common. I've had a lot of them not pop up at all and the only way I got to know that I had completed them was when I saw the sprays in the Hero Gallery.

Heropon

yes, and Zens is one of the ones that seems to be bugged.

Pretty common. I've had a lot of them not pop up at all and the only way I got to know that I had completed them was when I saw the sprays in the Hero Gallery.

Thanks! I thought that transcendence was pretty good and the card said +1500 but thanks to no popup I started to think that maybe the achievement was for 2000. Thankfully not.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF

I try to focus on my own performance in that case. You can't change how someone else plays, but you can still try to improve your game to contribute more to the team.

It's easy to blame other people but at the same time, I feel like could always be landing shots with more accuracy, have better positioning, and so on. Like, it's easy for me to go "oh fuck why isn't anyone covering me!?!?!" when I get flanked and killed, but in reality I missed my fucking sleep dart. If I look at it that way, I could have been able to handle the flanker myself if I was better, and then I probably wouldn't be blaming others for my own failures in the first place.

Of course, that just tends to lead to self-loathing at how bad I am at this game, but that's how I handle things if I'm in a bad team.

Paltheos

Frustrating time last night. I finally recovered from my drop and am firmly back in platinum, and in two of my games one of my teammates picks Winston in generally inappropriate situations (that is, we weren't running full dive and Winston didn't fit the scenario otherwise). Now, one of them actually turned out ok - That is, we won because our DPS were awesome. The other was Volskaya defense, and I asked the dude exactly what he was planning to do with Winston, to which he replied - well, first he said not to worry about it, but when I pressed for an actual answer - he said leap on their backlines and get their defenders and leap back. How? The frontgate of Volskaya, the primary choke, has a huge fucking overpass that prevents diving like that. Unsurprisingly, he just sort of waddled around behind the choke, uselessly propping up his shield and eventually died when the enemy pushed. I kinda take some of the blame here though, as I shied from saying this as I wasn't 100% certain this is the case and talking confidently is the only way to get anything done in team chat most of the time.

PS: Normally I wouldn't mind so much if this were QP, but we're playing competitive, man!

I finally got my first potg as Ana and my shhhh highlight intro wasn't equipped. Feelsbadman

Hopefully you have one of the masked costumes equipped? That's the only way to play Ana really. The shhh highlight intro looks so weird otherwise. A mask makes it appropriately creepy.

antitrop

They were tightly coordinated in the first push but just kept trickling on for the rest of the match despite changing up their characters and keeping a decent team composition. It's like they all passed the controller to a newbie next to them while still giving them tips.

There are a lot of people who think waiting to group up is just wasting time and that the enemy team needs pressure on them at all times.

Paltheos

There are a lot of people who think waiting to group up is just wasting time and that the enemy team needs pressure on them at all times.

Yeah. The mentality, consciously or not, is rooted in a fundamental distrust of your team to coordinate effectively and faith the enemy team will. That sorta thing can be remedied allot of the time by just trying to communicate with your team without being condescending, but it can be tough when you have a vested interest in the outcome and you find their decisions dubious. Sometimes I get tilted bad, but I'm getting better I think.

rulerk1

Early morning qp is so toxic. A lot of thanks spam after a loss and we had a Tracer raging the whole game because our Mccree couldn't kill a Mei and saying no one was doing anything even tho he barely made any kills

Paltheos

That's a hopeless battle. Quick Play's been ruined by No Limits not existing for too long (and not being able to earn 'chievos in it too). Now it's the de facto 'fuck around' mode. I used to get upset about it. I don't anymore.

Early morning qp is so toxic. A lot of thanks spam after a loss and we had a Tracer raging the whole game because our Mccree couldn't kill a Mei and saying no one was doing anything even tho he barely made any kills

Getting mad in Quick Play in 2017.

Lmao.

It can be a mess and I don't ever tilt in QP.

With that being said, didn't have time for a full comp match or three last night so I'm still at 2804, but I have tonight and the weekend to get going on that climb to Diamond.

Once I hit Diamond I'll relax a whole lot more in comp though.

Cappa

Banned
I cant remember the last time I played QP... I always find the matches to be dull and boring and I cant ever take it serious because there really isnt an incentive to.

B-Dex

Justice rains from above on volskaya..... 6 minutes in the other team left so it reinstalled and found a new game. No xp or win or anything.

Paltheos

I cant remember the last time I played QP... I always find the matches to be dull and boring and I cant ever take it serious because there really isnt an incentive to.

Sometimes I play it to earn the 'chievo sprays, when I don't feel like playing comp. I got Torb's 'armor on 5 allies' and Tracer's 'recall 400 HP without dieing' sprays a couple nights ago!

antitrop

Quick Play is the absolute worst mode around atm because people want to roll 5 dps 1 healer.
Most of my QP games are 2-2-2, or 3-2-1 where I solo heal as Mercy (which I like doing). If people instalock 5 DPS I just leave, wait a minute, and then requeue.

There's at least a D.Va in pretty much every game, while she's OP for the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom