• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT8| Our love will last Pharah-ver

Status
Not open for further replies.

caesar

Banned
When your playing ana and zen doesn't give you a orb lol

raw

Teach me your ways

Hack healthpack

Put translocator down

Stealth into backline and harass, if you get a pick on the healer great if not its all good

Dont die! As soon you take some damage tele away

Rinse and repeat until you have emp

Combo with zarya rein or use it to initiate

Practice aiming so you have the spread down

That's pretty much it.

LAM09

I don't get all the Junkrat hate. He can be extremely useful at times on both attack and defence, especially when solo queing.

DevilDog

I don't get all the Junkrat hate. He can be extremely useful at times on both attack and defence, especially when solo queing.

You feed the zarya and the supports. They can sit back, get their ults.

But you get your ult too right? Well, Junkrat ULT is not a good ult and can be destroyed easily.

That and I hate RNG in any FPS. Especially one that is considered competitive like OW.

TheChaos0

I've uninstalled the game yesterday, not out of anger or anything but I needed some space on my SSD.

My issue with the game currently is that trolling is in no way is punishable in any meaningful way and there are a lot of trolls at the rank borders. I see people who just got their Diamond or dropped massively just play Hanzos and Genji, your Torbs and Bastions with chat and voice turned off. They never switch, they never talk, they are almost never ever contributing to the game. There's a perfect place for them and that's Quick Play, instead they just ruin the experience of the other 5 people.

I reckon you should be able to lose your rank icon, if you drop below the threshold and there should be a separate system to report players as trolls with some penalties attached to it, like banning person from playing in comp for x amount days, not minutes, not hours, DAYS and on repeat "offense" ban them for the whole season. Maybe then people will think twice about taking Hanzo and Genji on defense, maybe they'll switch around when needed, maybe they'll just stop playing comp instead of tanking their rating by playing Sombra badly.

I don't know, something needs to be done. That's the only reason I'm no longer enjoying the game as much. Troll picks happen quite often, whether it's on your team or your enemy's team which leads to a lot of yo-yo games - you crush them because they have a troll and they crush you next game because you have one as well.

zoukka

Fuck I hate bad DvA's who never shield the team and spend their time chasing tracers. And then complain about how we keep dying.

If only I could punch you through the monitor.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Most of my QP games are 2-2-2, or 3-2-1 where I solo heal as Mercy (which I like doing). If people instalock 5 DPS I just leave, wait a minute, and then requeue.

There's at least a D.Va in pretty much every game, while she's OP for the moment.
All my QP are against top 500 Widowmakers and actual team comps also stacks.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Every new hero from this point on needs to be a healer or tank, honestly.

A) There's too many DPS heroes as is and I can't think of a time where 4 dps has ever been an ideal thing
B) People need more incentive to play tanks and healers. Especially healers.

antitrop

All my QP are against top 500 Widowmakers and actual team comps also stacks.
No lies, Grandmaster Widowmakers love dumping on people in QP. That's why I just quit if the team goes 5DPS.

What is the stream you're talking about?

IDDQD was doing a Bronze to Grandmaster stream (like Ster did last year) and Reddit flipped out about it.
https://www.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/comments/5oeiwz/fnc_iddqd_intentionally_losing_to_get_to_600_sr/

There are plenty of fair points made there, but most of it is just blood-in-the-water, bandwaggoning witchhunting for the sake of witchunting. Because Reddit.

LAM09

You feed the zarya and the supports. They can sit back, get their ults.

But you get your ult too right? Well, Junkrat ULT is not a good ult and can be destroyed easily.

That and I hate RNG in any FPS. Especially one that is considered competitive like OW.

He's great for pushing teams back on payload maps and can be devatasting in close quarters too. His ult can be very useful if used correctly (too many people use it in front of a team instead of hiding and then letting it rip).

I'd rather have a good Junkrat than a Widow/Hanzo on console any day.

Kremzeek

Every new hero from this point on needs to be a healer or tank, honestly.

A) There's too many DPS heroes as is and I can't think of a time where 4 dps has ever been an ideal thing
B) People need more incentive to play tanks and healers. Especially healers.

yeah i agree. we need more incentives for people to play supports.

like give them an XP earning boost! that would do it easily.

Moonkid

I've uninstalled the game yesterday, not out of anger or anything but I needed some space on my SSD.

My issue with the game currently is that trolling is in no way is punishable in any meaningful way and there are a lot of trolls at the rank borders. I see people who just got their Diamond or dropped massively just play Hanzos and Genji, your Torbs and Bastions with chat and voice turned off. They never switch, they never talk, they are almost never ever contributing to the game. There's a perfect place for them and that's Quick Play, instead they just ruin the experience of the other 5 people.

I reckon you should be able to lose your rank icon, if you drop below the threshold and there should be a separate system to report players as trolls with some penalties attached to it, like banning person from playing in comp for x amount days, not minutes, not hours, DAYS and on repeat "offense" ban them for the whole season. Maybe then people will think twice about taking Hanzo and Genji on defense, maybe they'll switch around when needed, maybe they'll just stop playing comp instead of tanking their rating by playing Sombra badly.

I don't know, something needs to be done. That's the only reason I'm no longer enjoying the game as much. Troll picks happen quite often, whether it's on your team or your enemy's team which leads to a lot of yo-yo games - you crush them because they have a troll and they crush you next game because you have one as well.
I find it pretty amusing whenever people go out of their way to praise Blizzard's relationship with its community when they haven't done much proactively to combat trolls/harassers, not to mention iffy PTR -> patch changes.

I find it pretty amusing whenever people go out of their way to praise Blizzard's relationship with its community when they haven't done much proactively to combat trolls/harassers, not to mention iffy PTR -> patch changes.
It's a goddamn miracle there isn't a report feature on console.

antitrop

It's time for Blizzard to implement the Overwatch Tribunal

not really

Oh we're talking about consoles then sure.
Yeah, having played a shitload of both versions, I think there's a massive disparity in the viability of Junkrat between platforms.
He wrecks on consoles. Waste of space on PC.

I was doing so well with Junkrat on PS4 that I bought a gold weapon for him, but now I almost never play him at all on PC.

It's time for Blizzard to implement the Overwatch Tribunal

not really

Yeah, having played a shitload of both versions, I think there's a massive disparity in the viability of Junkrat between platforms.
He wrecks on consoles. Waste of space on PC.

I was doing so well with Junkrat on PS4 that I bought a gold weapon for him, but now I almost never play him at all on PC.
Why's that? Aiming more precise on PC so his type of damage is even less preferable?

I only have like 2 hours in to the pc version and I noticed that mccree, widow and Ana are notably easier (duh)

antitrop

Why's that? Aiming more precise on PC so his type of damage is even less preferable?
No, console players have lazier movement patterns. Less jukes, lots of running in straight lines and such.

Not that there aren't console players with good movement, but in general.

ISOM

No lies, Grandmaster Widowmakers love dumping on people in QP. That's why I just quit if the team goes 5DPS.

IDDQD was doing a Bronze to Grandmaster stream (like Ster did last year) and Reddit flipped out about it.
https://www.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/comments/5oeiwz/fnc_iddqd_intentionally_losing_to_get_to_600_sr/

There are plenty of fair points made there, but most of it is just blood-in-the-water, bandwaggoning witchhunting for the sake of witchunting. Because Reddit.

Ah ok, I heard about this.

It sounds to me like you want to play with a real team, but you don't want to play with a group. You want randoms to be more than randoms, and it's an unrealistic expectation in any team-oriented game. If you really want more out of the game, put more into it.

Fuck I hate bad DvA's who never shield the team and spend their time chasing tracers. And then complain about how we keep dying.

If only I could punch you through the monitor.

How much space does her shield cover?

pizzacat

Banned
Also lets not act like reporting does anything. I got the same aimbot like 3 games in a row in placements

I bet that person is still playing today

DevilDog

I wish more people would get healed by my soldier, I get my ult so much faster.
No, console players have lazier movement patterns. Less jukes, lots of running in straight lines and such.

Not that there aren't console players with good movement, but in general.

I've noticed that in most FPS games I've seen on console. On PC everyone is making much more use out of the movement system.

I wonder why that is.

antitrop

I've noticed that in most FPS games I've seen on console. On PC everyone is making much more use out of the movement system.

I wonder why that is.
I think it's easier to press a key than it is to swivel an analog stick in constantly different directions.

With a keyboard, you're using 3 fingers to control movement, with an analog stick, just your thumb.

ohkay

I think a lot of you guys confuse people making "troll" picks with actual trolls. I luckily haven't encountered any actual trolls this season, but had a few games with "troll" picks that actually worked. Just because it's not meta doesn't mean it won't work

That being said, please don't pick junkrat

antitrop

Its a super dick move on multiple levels
That's the thing about Reddit, even if it was a dick move, the reaction is so overblown to any potential misdoings.

I played a lot of StarCraft II and man, I'll never forget how much that sub-Reddit loved creating intense drama out of nothing. Unless it was IdrA being a dick, then they loved him for it, but anything else, fucking witchunters.

pizzacat

Banned
That's the thing about Reddit, even if it was a dick move, the reaction is so overblown to any potential misdoings.
Like I can just say its not cool but Id still watch the stream just not the one where hes beating on scrubs

Also reddit is filled with people who want to be the hero or something so theres always a overreaction towards anything that may be seen as bad

Still a super dick! Im angry >:[

cyborg009

Banned
Hack healthpack

Put translocator down

Stealth into backline and harass, if you get a pick on the healer great if not its all good

Dont die! As soon you take some damage tele away

Rinse and repeat until you have emp

Combo with zarya rein or use it to initiate

Practice aiming so you have the spread down

That's pretty much it.

I can do this fine on defense but on attack or KOTH it becomes too tricky for me. And people will start to complain about damage output.

antitrop

I think there needs to be like a 5th role for characters like Sombra and Symmetra, where neither of them fit well with the rest of the characters they're lumped in with.

Both of them are hybrid-Supports more than what they're actually classified as in the game.

DevilDog

I think it's easier to press a key than it is to swivel an analog stick in constantly different directions.

With a keyboard, you're using 3 fingers to control movement, with an analog stick, just your thumb.

Forget ADAD spam, everyone is just running in straight lines.

Skii

It looks like Iddqd has stopped his project because of reddit lol.

Tbh, it's nothing educational and is purely done for views and money. Even when Ster did it, he was making a point although I felt like he completely misunderstood what Elo hell is. Iddqd is just bullying people at that rank and memeing in the chat.

The only one that adds value is Mindfuzz because he actually spends time in each rank trying to work out what's the knowledge gaps for players in those ranks.

TheChaos0

It sounds to me like you want to play with a real team, but you don't want to play with a group. You want randoms to be more than randoms, and it's an unrealistic expectation in any team-oriented game. If you really want more out of the game, put more into it.

How much space does her shield cover?

I'm fine with randoms just being randoms but at least being randoms at my skill level, instead I get good players dumping themselves into silver/bronze category because they are either triggered, using a smurf account to troll pick or throwing the game as the result of someone troll picking or appearing to troll pick (not every hanzo or widow are bad). Just shows people are getting tired of this behaviour and rather lose quicker.

I normally play as a duo, trio occasionally, which is objectively better but suffers from the same problems, you can't 5vs6. And 6vs6 is hard to organise and might be a bit too serious for my liking.

I don't expect every game to be perfect but the rate I'm or the enemy team gets into this situation is really alarming. There needs to be better tools to combat this. Blizzard at the moment is all Care Bear about it. Everything in OW is a positive thing, in terms of reporting tools (not as streamlined as it should be and no real punishment...Yet), the way it shows your stats, gold damage and eliminations don't really tell you anything aside that you did some chip damage to a person or that you shot into Rein's shield the whole match, the fact that you don't lose your rank icon. Punish people a little and maybe it'll improve other people's enjoyment.

Chance

yeah trolling is the tracer that blinks into the enemy team to feed

troll picking is picking hanzo.

I blink into the enemy team all the time. :( Do it from where they can see you, force them to turn around and deal with you, draw one or two away from the teamfight and either kill or distract long enough for my team to kill thier friends.

If I'm just trying to assassinate Mercy or Ana, I'll flank and be all sneaky of course, but some fights you just gotta' punch through them and do some superspeed Winston-style disruption.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
God no.

People already consider a medal absolution of changing roles or characters, being able to harass people even further would be awful.
Don't forget the ever-present "why do I have gold/silver elims when I'm not a DPS~~~~~~~~" spam.

God this game makes me hate people.

I blink into the enemy team all the time. :( Do it from where they can see you, force them to turn around and deal with you, draw one or two away from the teamfight and either kill or distract long enough for my team to kill thier friends.

If I'm just trying to assassinate Mercy or Ana, I'll flank and be all sneaky of course, but some fights you just gotta' punch through them and do some superspeed Winston-style disruption.

ur forgetting the last qualifier

Supports are fun as hell to play. And the only S-tier heroes besides Reinhardt have always been supports. The best character in the game (who is also super fun) for the last few months is a support.

There is nothing more they can do, lately I wait until the five others have made their pick, and I try to fill in the gap. And I'm to the point where I'm sad if support isn't the role I end up filling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom