• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT8| Our love will last Pharah-ver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anne

Didn't they say they are doing a Lunar New Year event? That'd start next week right? Wouldn't be surprised if the balance changes come in an event patch.

Winston really needs some kind of buff. Not a big one, but something. Change some of his white health to shields like Zarya, or give him back the 1000 hp bubble like he had back in beta (changed because double Winston was too strong,) give him 50 more armor, or something... Just a little buff and he'd be perfect.

When I look at my hero collection, it makes me sad that there are so many spots for sprays. Why are there so many damn sprays? :-/

How many of you have 100% completed loot collections?

Winston really needs some kind of buff. Not a big one, but something. Change some of his white health to shields like Zarya, or give him back the 1000 hp bubble like he had back in beta (changed because double Winston was too strong,) give him 50 more armor, or something...
I think his bubble just needs a cooldown reduction, and his maybe his gun needs a small damage boost.

IKizzLE

Winston really needs some kind of buff. Not a big one, but something. Change some of his white health to shields like Zarya, or give him back the 1000 hp bubble like he had back in beta (changed because double Winston was too strong,) give him 50 more armor, or something... Just a little buff and he'd be perfect.
He doesn't need a buff. The tank meta has reduced his viability but with a few corrections to key drivers of this meta (ana) and a reintroduction to more dps hero's, he will be just fine.

antitrop

I think his bubble just needs a cooldown reduction, and his maybe his gun needs a small damage boost.
Yeah, I'm cool with a CD reduction on the bubble. It's kind of fucked up that Rein can completely regenerate a 2000hp shield before Winston's bubble can even come off CD.

Maybe 10 seconds instead of 13. I think 600hp on the bubble is still fine, though.

Even D.Va's Defense Matrix of INFINITE SHIELDING completely regenerates in 10 seconds.

Anne

That might enable 200HP one shots though. Increasing his sustain is really scary too. Beta Winston was mad strong with 1k shield even solo. The nerf had more than just Twinston behind it.

Like you could touch shield CD a bit but it's still kinda scary tbh. He's p balanced as is which is why it seems sketchy to mess with in the first place.

Mfw 300 ping spikes at random times this has to be on blizzards side right cause this has only started in the last few weeks.

I dont know how i won the last match i just ulted in the middle hoping for the best then hear sextuple kill

Grisby

Good lord, just played my first round of the Pharah and Mercy brawl and I had to stop playing for a bit because I got so dizzy.

What an absolute clusterfuck of brawl lol.
Yeah, although it is kind of funny when you get into a firefight with another Mercy while hovering.
Brawl would a lot more fun if they..

Add more unique & fun modes like Total Mayhem, Lucio/Roadhog on Ilios where everyone try to throw people in the hole, 5 Reinhards/1 Lucio for the chaos, etc.
Remove Soldiers only, or at least remove the 100 HP handicap(seriously who likes dying in 2 hits anyway?)
Remove Pharah/Mercy(can't hit shit when everyone is flying)
Remove Snipers only(just a terrible mode)
They're are too many that just end up taking forever, although stuff like Roadhog/Lucio is pretty decent.

Mfw 300 ping spikes at random times this has to be on blizzards side right cause this has only started in the last few weeks.

I dont know how i won the last match i just ulted in the middle hoping for the best then hear sextuple kill

With the server issues and DCs people have reported this week I'm assuming it's on Blizzard's end. I've never had issues until this week when I'd get random spikes but before I could worry about it the spike drops down.

I did play a comp match with a guy with 400 ping once though. Hollywood point A, he's playing Genji and ults only to swing at the wall before the point for the duration of the ult.

I had to turn my mic off, I couldn't stop laughing.

Junkrat on King's Row attack is legit, I don't think I ever seen so many red skulls popping up in that map without even knowing how lol

I don't really like to have one on my team, or play against it, but it sure is fun playing as him.

Twookie

I guess that's one advantage of being really mediocre at this game. People with aimbots aren't really hovering at my comp level.

hacking is a lot more widespread in korea than it is in NA and EU, there are hackers there in every skill level.

hard to deal with apparently since there's so many players that play/hack on the PC bangs

Yeah, I'd be fine with a CD reduction or a slight health increase to the bubble. CD reduction is probably the way to go though.

Junkrat on King's Row attack is legit, I don't think I ever seen so many red skulls popping up in that map without even knowing how lol

I don't really like to have one on my team, or play against it, but it sure is fun playing as him.
This season has broken us.

Sombra, Junkrat, Torb....

We are lost.

pizzacat

Banned
I wish I can practice sombra in ptr but everyone playing there is like dumb so I dont know if my sombra is gdlk right now or enemies are just dum dums

pls

That might enable 200HP one shots though. Increasing his sustain is really scary too. Beta Winston was mad strong with 1k shield even solo. The nerf had more than just Twinston behind it.

Like you could touch shield CD a bit but it's still kinda scary tbh. He's p balanced as is which is why it seems sketchy to mess with in the first place.

Yeah, I'm cool with a CD reduction on the bubble. It's kind of fucked up that Rein can completely regenerate a 2000hp shield before Winston's bubble can even come off CD.

Maybe 10 seconds instead of 13. I think 600hp on the bubble is still fine, though.

Even D.Va's Defense Matrix of INFINITE SHIELDING completely regenerates in 10 seconds.
I think Winston's bubble's HP is fine as-is. I initially thought it sucked, but I've learned to be better about initiating and placing. But when I dive in and use it, I feel like I have to wait far too long before I can dive again, and Winston is pretty squishy due to his size.

I think a decimal-sized increase on his damage could check out.

I wish I knew.

I feel like this game is 95% me feeling awful about being shit at the game, and 5% landing cool stuff.

I honestly don't get how one round I can get single digit elims and double digit deaths as 76, then the next round same character get 30+ elims and like 2 deaths.

Inconsistency, thy name is me.

Embrace the Junkrat. Be one with the Junkrat. Junkrat is your new main. Search your feelings, you know it to be true.

lmao

I can't understand this game anymore :(
I thought the patch would come out yesterday so we could start learning the new, hopefully better, meta. But looks like it's one more week of suffering.

At this point I think my goal is 'don't be placed in platinum for season 4'

And I have much greater success when my attitude is 'fuck it' we should keep that in mind next time we group up.

Ghazi

I think Winston will see more play when DvA is nerfed, she's almost always a better pick right now unless you're picking Winston to directly counter Genji/enemy picks. I'd argue that Winston's in a good spot right now, in terms of balance.

Though I don't play either character so I could be mistaken.

i doubt winston would be picked since losing D.Va would almost certainly cause a rise in Reaper picks, and Reaper destroys Winston ridiculously hard.

Hanzo defence then Sombra attack 1 healer whole game people only ask him to switch when we're pushed back to 3rd point. Doesnt say anything just leaves voice chat.

This game might drive me insane by just how some people dont behave rationally in anyway shape or form.

I thought the patch would come out yesterday so we could start learning the new, hopefully better, meta. But looks like it's one more week of suffering.

My guess is if they're going to do any sort of Lunar New Year update (with skins/sprays) they'll probably wrap the Hook 2.0 update up with it to make it easy for consoles. So maybe next week or whenever that update would happen so we get everything at once.

At this point I think my goal is 'don't be placed in platinum for season 4'

And I have much greater success when my attitude is 'fuck it' we should keep that in mind next time we group up.

That was my attitude today too, and it will still be when I start playing again in a bit. Whatever happens, happens. I went 6-6 and still lost ~30SR, with 2 losses having quitters with no apparent reason. I'm doomed anyway D:

Embrace the Junkrat. Be one with the Junkrat. Junkrat is your new main. Search your feelings, you know it to be true.

I'm only missing the golden weapon to be a true Junkrat main.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Winston was fine before but now that we live in this dumbass world where we think 76's damage is 'ok' then Winston needs a buff

cyborg009

Banned
When your playing ana and zen doesn't give you a orb lol

raw

Teach me your ways
Pharmercy brawl should be removed from all brawls at this point.

this.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.

people harp on attack junkrat are just ignorant of his capabilities.

antitrop

Man, Reddit is really pissed at IDDQD for that stream the other day.

I mean, it was a dick move, but that thread is hilariously vicious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom