• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT8| Our love will last Pharah-ver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jellie

The Rez buff now is basically like the team runs in and gets the other team to burn their ults, dies.

Mercy runs in, rezzes all. Now you burn ults and win.

It was always like that. Just people never did it/burnt their ults before dying instead or mercy dies making it 6 v 5 again.

hqnZqye.png

Placements are going well so far. No idea why I've been playing Sombra so much when I should be Zarya instead.

Ambient80

Never found the rez buff to be a big issue but some people make it seem like it's the worst thing ever.

I personally see it more as a fix rather than a buff, lol. I always felt like she should be immune like her team is when she rezzes.

It was always like that. Just people never did it/burnt their ults before dying instead or mercy dies making it 6 v 5 again.

hqnZqye.png

Placements are going well so far. No idea why I've been playing Sombra so much when I should be Zarya instead.

Lol took me a second to realize that it was eliminations per MINUTE, not per MATCH haha. I was like "Um, I think I know why you shouldn't be playing Zarya as much..." 😂

Jellie

It's a good buff since she'll rez more often instead of saving it for 5 man rez but dying. Instead she'll rez to stop herself dying and maybe get 2 with her making it essentially a 3 man rez.

Lol took me a second to realize that it was eliminations per MINUTE, not per MATCH haha. I was like "Um, I think I know why you shouldn't be playing Zarya as much..." ��

2.45 elims a match but still 100% win rate. Carried by teammates :p

Ambient80

It's a good buff since she'll rez more often instead of saving it for 5 man rez but dying. Instead she'll rez to stop herself dying and maybe get 2 with her making it essentially a 3 man rez.

Hmm, I didn't think about that, nice. Sort of a desperation shield.

Jellie

Ironically, the carrying was by a Sombra. ;)

Had a Sombra main in one of the games. Guess which one it was. Hint won 4 lost 1.
They were a Master from last season but had a 30% winrate in comp with her. It was pretty clear why. Never hacked their rein, was out of fights hacking packs way too much and never went after mercy. Doesn't help our other DPS switched to pharah against mccree and soldier though.

I think that I am having some issues with certain maps. Eichenwald's attack (entry choke point) and Gebraltar's last point before defending team spawn. Just...I just don't know; I take out healers, flank from behind and return, break turrets, break symmstra's stuff is she is there, yet nothing happens. In a recent game in Gebraltar, Mcree was standing on the right ledge up; no one from our spawn tried to move from that angle or take him out, and I messed up and prioritized "pushing and attacking their whole team" instead of taking him out (risky but I can do it with concussive blast pressure or just hurt him). I tried using Tracer, Genji, or sniping their healers/Bastion/whatever, yet nothing happens. I am either doing something wrong, or I had teams that poked too much instead of pushing together and using proper routes to move around.

I have a working mic. I should start using it, but I get people who don't even respond to chat and refuse to switch, so it doesn't work that well in low MMR. I had an amazing comp game with mic users, and I did really well that day with Pharah (my aim was insane that match/got complemented for it); I would have gotten 65+ eliminations if I wasn't AFK for the whole third round because of huge lag spikes. I was an idiot and forget to send them friend invites to group in season 4 placement.

I have trouble with map familiarity too, and sometimes aim. I don't know why my aim gets worse with time LOL (unless I deliberately practice in QP or against bots for some time).

Ambient80

Had a Sombra main in one of the games. Guess which one it was. Hint won 4 lost 1.
They were a Master from last season but had a 30% winrate in comp with her. It was pretty clear why. Never hacked their rein, was out of fights hacking packs way too much and never went after mercy. Doesn't help our other DPS switched to pharah against mccree and soldier though.
14608107_1180665285312703_1558693314_n.jpg

THEY HAD ONE JOB

Seriously tho, it's so much fun to hack Rein. Why wouldn't you do it??? D:

I wonder if they'll ever add a hero that contests pharah for the sky

It's interesting that she is literally the only one in the game who can currently do that

fhqwhgads

This is seriously pissing me off now. Why the fuck have they not put the bastion patch into console yet despite outright acknowledging how dumb Bastion in that state is?! It's like they actively don't want people to play on console.

Doesn't help that my team is flaming me for daring to pick Junkrat/Hanzo/Widow in an attmept to counter Bastion whilst gleefully picking Rein and Zarya just to get shredded by him. This is the least fun I've ever had with the game and this is coming from a pre buff Zen player dealing with pre nerf widow.

Anne

This is seriously pissing me off now. Why the fuck have they not put the bastion patch into console yet despite outright acknowledging how dumb Bastion in that state is?! It's like they actively don't want people to play on console.

I assure you this isn't because they don't want to, it's because of console certification.

The rez buff is annoying as hell, you really have to find the mercy now like in the early days.

Yeah, it was a massive buff. "Get the Mercy!" is becoming a common phrase. I've always been a bit of a Mercy hater, so I'm glad to see that she's back to being a little more pivotal. Still, way too many of them just sit on their ults waiting for that big POTG.

And I straight up love Anubis and I'm not ashamed of it. When you finally unseat an entrenched defense, then suddenly you're now defending the point in a way, it feels so good.

EDIT: Watching this Kephrii stream while he's playing Widow. How quick he reacts to picking his targets is insane. He had a Rein that he could have poke two more times and possibly dropped from the point. Instead, he just about 180s and goes straight for the headshot on Zen. Most people would've panicked at seeing Rein driving up the capture on the point and focused on stopping that, potentially opening up to a Zen ult that would have all but guaranteed the capture.

So any other PS4 players here wanna help a plat pleb finally realize his diamond dream? I've been so close to reaching it a couple of times already!

Howlin_Forever is my PSN ID. I can play most roles okay, but I main Rein. Maybe I can gain some good SR before he starts being less of a force when the Zen buff and Ana nerf patch goes live! I have a mic and I'm not afraid to use it!

Had a weird glitch happen the other day... I died but instead of respawning I was stuck in some sort of death spectator mode limbo where I couldn't do anything for the whole round. I was able to respawn in the next round though.

Anne

Where do you find that info?

Between that Overbuff writer and other datasets that get grabbed and thrown up on Reddit. Rein is still prolly a higher pickrate overall, just in NA (and maybe EU?) Winston's pickrate has soared lately.

IMO in pro play atm Winston is probably a top 5 character tbh. My top 5 in no order is Ana, Lucio, Zarya, Rein, Winston. Barriers are just actually too good, and those healers are just....yeah.

Also IMO in solo q Winston drops down to somewhere int he top 10 of best heroes. I don't think he's getting buffs because Blizzard thinks he's bad and needs them. I think it's more because in comp ladder he has like a 2% pickrate and they want people to pick him. He's a very essential hero to the game and extremely strong at enabling different strats, and they want people to mess with that and get away from this trend where Rein is must pick because people don't know other strats.

Basically they need to make Winston as easy to use and apparently powerful as Rein for people to pick him even though he's already a great hero :v

Probably practicing for the upcoming Zen buff. Makes sense to me.

No, the wins today matter more. Not practice. Pros don't pick things to practice unless they are in a position where they can change quickly to avoid losing. They are picking him because he's extremely powerful.

Filben

Could have been my stats for Tracer and Ana regarding the division. Still platinum, though.

I was playing more support lately but my win rate went out the window (like 43% even with, according to Oversumo, grandmaster stats for Ana). After switching back to DPS I've won 10 out 12 games even when I didn't had gold in eliminations with tracer. Probably to few games to be statistically relevant, but it just feels that way. Harassing their supports and tanks is so much fun. Especially when the tank decides to go after you and stop shielding their mates or you draw anyone away from the choke point.

Cappa

Banned
de

Basically they need to make Winston as easy to use and apparently powerful as Rein for people to pick him even though he's already a great hero :v

No, the wins today matter more. Not practice. Pros don't pick things to practice unless they are in a position where they can change they quickly to avoid losing. They are picking him because he's extremely powerful.
Well I think it's a stupid mentality for them to have. People should be able to play who and how ever they want I think it's silly they're making these changes based on that.

Not disagreeing with your assessment either because I'm sure it's true it's just stupid though.

Anne

Well I think it's a stupid mentality for them to have. People should be able to play who and how ever they want I think it's silly they're making these changes based on that.

Not disagreeing with your assessment either because I'm sure it's true it's just stupid though.

Well, I don't think people are playing what they want is the thing. People wanna win, and they just pick things they know is going to get them to win. Rein has an intense skill cap, but as far as ladder goes for the most part you just need to hold M2 and hit okay Earthshatters. Ana also has an insane skillcap, but people just pick her + Lucio and mindlessly heal dump their way up the ladder. I can say similar things about Soldier as well. Those heroes aren't too good, but for the effort they require and the results they get why bother learning anything else?

Then you go pick like Winston, McCree, Zen, etc. in comp and in order to make them shine past those other heroes it just requires way more effort and game literacy. The game is "balanced" pretty well atm truth be told, I think the heros I just listed are all extremely powerful. But people aren't picking them. Blizzard is actually going to need to inform that other characters exist via balance for the people that aren't like me and cling to enough OW content to know all this junk.

Idk. I just feel like those basic to execute strategies are doing some shit. Extra Credits did an episode about this where James calls them F.O.O. strategies. The analysis is very simple, but it's there: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EitZRLt2G3w . Blizzard are the devs who most commonly run into this issue in their comp games btw :T They basically make things that are marginally and situationally better, but because their baseline shit is so good and easy to execute people stop exploring the game.

Things like Rein and Ana and junk aren't /exactly/ FOO type strats because they work well into the pro level(basically meaning you can argue whether or not other options are straight better), but they are causing a similar effect where players hit walls of not knowing what else to do because they didn't learn all the skills the game expects of them.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
I've been playing a lot of Mei lately and I starting to like her more and more. Separating the other team with the Ice Wall is as satisfying as killing people with D.va's ultimate.

Probably more so I dare say, since you can notice the other player panicking when you cut off their escape route.

Jellie

Between that Overbuff writer and other datasets that get grabbed and thrown up on Reddit. Rein is still prolly a higher pickrate overall, just in NA (and maybe EU?) Winston's pickrate has soared lately.

IMO in pro play atm Winston is probably a top 5 character tbh. My top 5 in no order is Ana, Lucio, Zarya, Rein, Winston. Barriers are just actually too good, and those healers are just....yeah.

Also IMO in solo q Winston drops down to somewhere int he top 10 of best heroes. I don't think he's getting buffs because Blizzard thinks he's bad and needs them. I think it's more because in comp ladder he has like a 2% pickrate and they want people to pick him. He's a very essential hero to the game and extremely strong at enabling different strats, and they want people to mess with that and get away from this trend where Rein is must pick because people don't know other strats.

No, the wins today matter more. Not practice. Pros don't pick things to practice unless they are in a position where they can change quickly to avoid losing. They are picking him because he's extremely powerful.
I'm pretty scared of these changes. Winston is already really good but like you say in solo queue there is little coordination. The times where you come up against a coordinated dive there is little you can do, at least the first fight since it's a surprise. Even Winston on his own is pretty bad if your team doesn't help you which is pretty common in solo queue.
Is there a way to report people on ps4 for cheating

Like dude actually got me tilted
No I don't think so. At least there wasn't last time I was on ps4.
I've been playing a lot of Mei lately and I starting to like her more and more. Separating the other team with the Ice Wall is as satisfying as killing people with D.va's ultimate.

Probably more so I dare say, since you can notice the other player panicking when you cut off their escape route.
If you want satisfying try hacking a reinhardt over and over again making him squirm until he switches to Winston. Then he dies as you sit on a hacked health pack and charge your EMP.

LiK

I think the only way to report any cheaters on console is to take the clip of their killcam and post it to Blizzard forums for them to check.

Vitanimus

had a super fun game as sombra on ptr. translocator being reduced to 4 seconds usually means you almost always have a get out of jail free card. quite glad at how they're really complementing sombra's kit with buffs that encourage her to disrupt rather than try be dps orientated!

MKIL65

I was afraid of making the enemy Mei thinking I was an aimbot.

I flicked a shot, behind a bush on Eichenwalde 1st choke, and managed to headshot her. Despite not being able to see her.

From her killcam view, it probably seemed like I was hacking lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom