• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT8| Our love will last Pharah-ver

Status
Not open for further replies.

antitrop

I got matched up with a 3-stack that had a Master Mercy main in it, so I played Lucio. She had awful positioning and was one of those POTG Mercies that doesn't heal shit. She also got kinda salty on voice chat. Easy loss.

ImBehindYou

Neo Member
So do the games become better as you climb? Stuck at 1700 SR and it feels like almost every game is a complete walkover either way because someone's left or either team has decided to run without a healer. The climb is feeling like a lottery atm.

Oscar

So do the games become better as you climb? Stuck at 1700 SR and it feels like almost every game is a complete walkover either way because someone's left or either team has decided to run without a healer. The climb is feeling like a lottery atm.
You play the same shitty people until 2500ish

finalflame

LMFAO someone on Liquid capped the second point on Dorado while Renegades were trying to spawn camp them. This shit happening at pro level play. Jesus.

You have to find a good group and work hard. I had some really good matches in comp last season when I grouped up with normal people; they actually listen, communicate, switch heroes and avoid dying in choke points. I had a really good run (something like 7 win streak).

I wish I had good ping and a lot of free time; my account wouldn't be stuck at low comp MMR (funny how I get grouped up with decent players in QP). Also, I should have left comp during season 1 until I got better with some heroes instead of rushing in and solo queuing; I thought gold medals and stats would save me but nope.

Me and Nuno have been playing the STUPIDEST matches tonight. JFC!

I feel sorry for the people that only know "that" Overwatch, because those games were just fucking awful, worse than QP. Saying hello to the enemies is better than that shit.

And at least in QP when someone leaves there is a replacement. Today there was 5 leavers on my placement games and now 2 in these games we played. It's too much.

Before when I heard someone saying that was on silver/gold I just thought "pick op character and carry", but after experiencing it myself, it's not that simple unfortunately. Even when you do more than enough to win a fight your teammates are just not there to take advantage of it. It's like the objective doesn't exist for them.

For example, today my team capped the point A in Volskaya and there was an enemy Torb still behind us. Instead of taking advantage of it and go directly to the point B since the enemy was still respawning the Roadhog and D.Va on my team started chasing the Torb. It's just unbelievable.

hypernima

Banned
I feel sorry for the people that only know "that" Overwatch, because those games were just fucking awful, worse than QP. Saying hello to the enemies is better than that shit.

And at least in QP when someone leaves there is a replacement. Today there was 5 leavers on my placement games and now 2 in these games we played. It's too much.

Before when I heard someone saying that was on silver/gold I just thought "pick op character and carry", but after experiencing it myself, it's not that simple unfortunately. Even when you do more than enough to win a fight your teammates are just not there to take advantage of it. It's like the objective doesn't exist for them.

For example, today my team capped the point A in Volskaya and there was an enemy Torb still behind us. Instead of taking advantage of it and go directly to the point B since the enemy was still respawning the Roadhog and D.Va on my team started chasing the Torb. It's just unbelievable.

Had 30-4x elims on that one kings row game with dva/rein/pharmacy/bastion/zen comp.

Carrying is a myth because we sure as hell tried.

Had 30-4x elims on that one kings row game with dva/rein/pharmacy/bastion/zen comp.

Carrying is a myth because we sure as hell tried.

That one sucked since our Mercy left.

But it's sad when I do much better playing defense Genji/Pharah instead of Rein. Only on this rank...

Veelk

Banned
I had one of those 1 in a million games where I went widowmaker and did really well. It was in quickplay, but still, I was getting some legitimately nice headshots in.

Thing is, I am not sure how well I'd have done if the team instead had a D.Va. Alternatively, their Winston could have come after me. My best game as Widow ever, and I know it's only because I got lucky against the team I was facing.

Azoor

I think the Ana nerf came so the tank meta won't see a resurgence after Orisa, she was pretty essential to that team composition.

I feel like I'm becoming a 1 trick Soldier. It sucks but it's the only way I can consistently go on win streaks. I love playing Tracer, Ana, Zen, Roadhog and Winston but I just insta-lock Soldier without thinking about it because a good hitscan can shut down so many different things. I practice my other characters in QP should I need them but I almost never end up using them.

Zen Aku

I can't stop reading the bnet boards.
There are quicker way to die. Like standing in front of a Bastion.

I somehow queued up with a Rein today who does not step up to protect his teammate when they get caught in Junkrat's trap. I'm not even talking about running 10 ft to get there. Your teammate is literally 2 steps in front of you. Step the fuck up man, shield them from the damage.

As a Tracer main that queues with a Sombra main...

Fuck yes.

Hopefully having "mains" does not prevent you from being flexible. Because having a couple queued together insta-locking the two DPS roles is one of the most infuriating thing in this team game.

Fugu

After getting a pretty disappointing placement in gold (2-8 in my placements woo), I've climbed back to diamond playing mostly solo Pharah, winning 70% of my games (and most of my losses coming from an ill-advised stack).

My advice, at least on PC, is that if you really don't belong in the lower tiers, the easiest way to get out is to play as a DPS or a tank. The difference in my ability to climb using mostly support versus mostly DPS was... stark, to say the least.

So, for people who play at the higher levels of Comp...

Post Ana nerfs, will Mercy be a more viable choice? Because for some reason I still love the rhythm of playing Mercy more than any other character but on the occasion I don't play Ana in Comp and pick her I get shouted at (I change, i change)...I get she's single target and lacks the burst of Ana, but I need her back :(

caesar

Banned

Post Ana nerfs, will Mercy be a more viable choice? Because for some reason I still love the rhythm of playing Mercy more than any other character but on the occasion I don't play Ana in Comp and pick her I get shouted at (I change, i change)...I get she's single target and lacks the burst of Ana, but I need her back :(

Yes and no. With the Winston shield buff and Zen discord buff, dive comp is going to be really powerful and Mercy will be a pretty easy target.

That being said, she will definitely be more viable in standard lineups.

Azoor

She would be viable on payload maps if you're the attacker and have lots of places to hide like Dorado or Route 66. Otherwise, Lucio would be a better option.

Salarians

C6PdJ6yU4AAYrOk

caesar

Banned
Had a month break, decay from 3750 to 3k. Supposedly decay does not effect mmr so I think w/e. Start placements just now and everyone else is around 2800-300. Wtf is this, its acting like I lost 800 pts.

Anne

She's really not that bad right now after the rez buff anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom