• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT8| Our love will last Pharah-ver

Status
Not open for further replies.

antitrop

I have discovered love and she is a pink-haired russian godess called Zarya.

I'm finally getting ok - moderately good as Zarya

She was elusive to me for a while, but I learned Zarya when I wanted to climb back back after dropping down to Gold in Season 2. It was immensely satisfying.

Graviton is the best ult in the game.

NeoRaider

I hate every hero that can one shot kill you and every hero that can stun you and you can't do anything to defend yourself. So i hate:

-Widowmaker
-McCree
-Roadhog

If it's Ulti like Rein, ok i can understand that. But having these abilities (McCree and Hog) every few seconds is just stupid and NOT fair at all.

Jellie

TorbXBastion is cannon, get your fanarts ready. @Jellie you done your placements yet?

Only done 5 so far. :(
4/1 currently.

She was elusive to me for a while, but I learned Zarya when I wanted to climb back back after dropping down to Gold in Season 2. It was immensely satisfying.

Graviton is the best ult in the game.
Zarya has done me good since season 2. Definetly maining her this season instead of grandma.
Also EMP>all.

I hate every hero that can one shot kill you and every hero that can stun you and you can't do anything to defend yourself. So i hate:

-Widowmaker
-McCree
-Roadhog

If it's Ulti like Rein, ok i can understand that. But having these abilities (McCree and Hog) every few seconds is just stupid and NOT fair at all.

No Hanjo? Scatter is such BS.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
I like what I've played of Zarya so far. I should learn her more since sometimes she's a better fit for the team than Soldier.

-Widowmaker
-McCree
-Roadhog

Don't forget Hanzo's regular shot/scatter arrow and Rein's charge!

I'm okay with Rein's charge though because it's a huge risk for him to do that.

Honorable mention goes to heroes that can drop in on you and will most likely kill you in seconds in a way that you can sometimes do very little about, like Mei and Symmetra.

Playing on my Diamond account with my friend and oh boy did I forget how bad some of these games can be. I've got Reins who charge into every enemy Hammer Down and then insult the whole team, teams who go Quad tank w/ no hitscan and ask me to solo heal, teams who are too timid to go in when we get a couple of picks with all six of ours up.

Diamond is truly the melting pot of Overwatch.

komaruR

Yeah i forgot Hanzo. Add him to the list. And especially his scatter arrow. It's such a BS!

Hanzo don't always need scatter to one shot tho. Don't forgot mei's freeze, Rein's charge. Junk's trap.
Does booping to environment count as one shot on your list? :p

Anne

That one dude has another chart of just char pickrates in comp ladder of S4 so far:

overall.png

http://www.omnicmeta.com/2017/03/pc-competitive-ladder-season-4-week-1.html

Disclaimer: This guys sample size claims to be around 80k or s, and he hasn't clearly stated where he is drawing the data from. Take with grain of salt.

antitrop

That one dude has another chart of just char pickrates in comp ladder of S4 so far:

http://www.omnicmeta.com/2017/03/pc-competitive-ladder-season-4-week-1.html

Disclaimer: This guys sample size claims to be around 80k or s, and he hasn't clearly stated where he is drawing the data from. Take with grain of salt.
Junkrat is pretty popular in Bronze

Fucking nooooooobody plays Reaper in GM, wow

Pharah seems more popular than I expect, but that's probably a correlation with Mercy's high pick rate.

Jellie

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Some of those bars are surprising. You'd think Winston would get higher pickrates in higher leagues, and that Mercy wouldn't drop off quite so drastically as you go up the ranks after her buffs.

NeoRaider

What about Mei?

I feel like she is little different because it takes time for her to freeze you and stun you for 1 sec. You can do something about it.

But McCree and Hog are just instant stuns. And with most of the heroes you can't counter. But yeah Mei is that annoying hero too.

Hanzo don't always need scatter to one shot tho. Don't forgot mei's freeze, Rein's charge. Junk's trap.
Does booping to environment count as one shot on your list? :p

I know about Hanzo, but scatter is just too much. That's why i mentioned it.

Junk's trap doesn't stun you tho.

Anne

Interesting that all healers except from Ana get played less the higher you go. Better Ana's able to solo heal I guess.

The guy who made the chart says it's most likely because these are base don who's playing them, not in what level games. If you get put in a game as a Master with 5 other GMs, who do you think is on Lucio bitch duty?

Playing on my Diamond account with my friend and oh boy did I forget how bad some of these games can be. I've got Reins who charge into every enemy Hammer Down and then insult the whole team, teams who go Quad tank w/ no hitscan and ask me to solo heal, teams who are too timid to go in when we get a couple of picks with all six of ours up.

Diamond is truly the melting pot of Overwatch.

whats crazy is ive seen so many bad reins in diamond. Like, I know I play better than them cause I see it, and yet its so hard to climb out of silver. I try to say "maybe its just me, maybe I'm just not a good rein" but then I look at the tape and its like "nope"

I even watched FctFctn stream who is GM? expecting to be blown away only to see that he plays like me and makes the same mistakes if not more.

Anne

whats crazy is ive seen so many bad reins in diamond. Like, I know I play better than them cause I see it, and yet its so hard to climb out of silver. I try to say "maybe its just me, maybe I'm just not a good rein" but then I look at the tape and its like "nope"

I'm telling you, if you can hold M2 and queue up with anybody remotely good at team fighting you will get a free 4k SR.

You don't play Rein on silver unless you're in a group. No one is going to use your shield.

Exception being defense with good choke points. And pray that your teammates don't go spawn camping.

antitrop

I learned Rein in QP, playing against mostly Master/GM Reins, so I was used to getting kind of bullied, charged all the time and that shit, but then I played him in Diamond Comp and I was like... "oh... I guess I'm not really that bad at Rein." They let me just walk up and swing my hammer until Earthshatter is charged for free.

The 2 Rein games I played this week were basically free wins. I don't play him, but I had to fill on Eichenwalde, so obvious pick there.

AngryMoth

Oh my god I can't stand it when I get kicked from a game a lose SR due to some stupid loading bug (ps4). Enjoying myself on a nice win streak then the game freezes on the loading screen (maybe cos I was looking at trophies or something) and I have no choice but to leave and lose 50 SR plus get banned. Shit like this makes me want to quit playing, this has happened to me too many times

Haven't queued enough is really all. I'm also not a good carry at that level either tbqh.
Lol, I think you are. Part of it is that there are teamfighting things specific to Rein that need to be picked up at this level and aren't necessary before that point. And the other part is that I do try to run things that aren't Rein and while it mostly goes well, sometimes we get fucked up for it lol. This season I'm gonna work out those kinks in solo queue though. I also feel like I shut up a lot more in gm level games as opposed to my solo queue games since I'm afraid of making a wrong call.

Gonna try to be more of a shotcaller and planner this season, as I have actual stats that show how my teams perform when I shotcall as opposed to when I don't. I went 1-8-4 win-loss-tie one night not making calls just to see how I could perform without it and to see my strengths (lost 300 points in one night). Gained them all back the next day when I made the calls, but that was rather eye opening.

Yeah it sucks :(

Especially because I'm not taking advantage of the bonus SR, on my last victory I won 92SR points (and this after a couple of defeats so I wasn't on a winstreak).

whats your rank and what do you typically play?

At that level I can play anything, it's not really a team game unfortunately. I barely have people on my friends list on this account, but if we can have at least 4 people communicating we should be able to win easily.

Go on your main and help me get to master.

I didn't want to do my placements now because of the new decay, since I probably won't be able to play that much in a few weeks. But I'm considering doing it now lol

Going to try climbing with a stack first.

A master player stuck in gold lol.

Doomed ;_;

Jellie

The guy who made the chart says it's most likely because these are base don who's playing them, not in what level games. If you get put in a game as a Master with 5 other GMs, who do you think is on Lucio bitch duty?
That makes much more sense.

I even watched FctFctn stream who is GM? expecting to be blown away only to see that he plays like me and makes the same mistakes if not more.

A lot of the time its because they are forced to rein as nobody else will. The rein mains tend to leave diamond quickly :'(

pizzacat

Banned
It's a good thing I can't use pharah anymore to know that I need more than just my crutch :]

Also holy shit watching foreign players, they're on another level

I've realized Americans like their dpses and but they like their tanks

MKIL65

The earthshatter timing is hard to master. My advice is just to 1-2 swing at them, making them think you don't have your ult. And then when the enemy Rein drops his shield, immediately do it.

Or he might charge you, effectively ruining everything.

Also going to do placements on my solo queue account tonight if you want to see how a bad master level tank player actually plays and thinks (he doesn't)

Jellie

The earthshatter timing is hard to master. My advice is just to 1-2 swing at them, making them think you don't have your ult. And then when the enemy Rein drops his shield, immediately do it.

Or he might charge you, effectively ruining everything.

Saw something that said wait 6 seconds after a firestrike. Dunno if it works. Probably only works if they spam it.
Also going to do placements on my solo queue account tonight if you want to see how a bad master level tank player actually plays and thinks (he doesn't)

Streaming?

LiK

Yeah it sucks :(

Especially because I'm not taking advantage of the bonus SR, on my last victory I won 92SR points (and this after a couple of defeats so I wasn't on a winstreak).

At that level I can play anything, it's not really a team game unfortunately. I barely have people on my friends list on this account, but if we can have at least 4 people communicating we should be able to win easily.

I didn't want to do my placements now because of the new decay, since I probably won't be able to play that much in a few weeks. But I'm considering doing it now lol

Going to try climbing with a stack first.

Doomed ;_;

Wait, so what's your rank on your main account?

komaruR

Yup, I'm at 203X at the moment. And I remember complaining about games in platinum/diamond. This is on a whole other level, it's like a new game lol

That's on your alt? What roles were you playing? or you just messing around with the alt, playing different heros?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom