• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT8| Our love will last Pharah-ver

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finished Season 3 at 3000 on the dot after reaching a high of 3032. Did my placements and went fucking 2-6-2 and got placed back in Platinum at 2692.

First game out of the gate, my team crumbles with 30 seconds left on Defense on Numbani so one of the four stack leaves when we go on Attack. Suffice to say we lost and now I'm at 2675. I really hope the fight back into Diamond isn't as rough as it was last season.

Sent you a FR.

Finished at ~3600 last season.

I think I tried everything honestly besides support, even my best characters.

Are you going to be on today on your alt?

I have an alt account that I just finished placements for, I would be down to help you or anyone in their journey to at least plat! (I'm not good enough to carry to diamond) I'm at 2600 on that account.... which unfortunately isn't far from my main :(

PSN: scrubtactician

randome

I've always thought its weird talking to people online that I dont know. But playing overwatch without being able to communicate is getting more and more frustrating the better I get. Can I like, just listen to other people and not talk to them?

I have an alt account that I just finished placements for, I would be down to help you or anyone in their journey to at least plat! (I'm not good enough to carry to diamond) I'm at 2600 on that account.... which unfortunately isn't far from my main :(

PSN: scrubtactician

Sure, gonna add you. What do you play? Do you use mic?

I've always thought its weird talking to people online that I dont know. But playing overwatch without being able to communicate is getting more and more frustrating the better I get. Can I like, just listen to other people and not talk to them?
That is what I did on the night I went 1-8-4 or so. Might work better for you, but I myself can't imagine moving higher than diamond without at least some moderate amount of communication. Exceptions would potentially be as a great dps player.

Sure, gonna add you. What do you play? Do you use mic?

Mainly tanks (Zarya main, Rein, Winston), Support (Lucio main, Mercy) and Pharah/Mei as DPS. I do OK with the rest of the cast, but if we're talking silver/gold leagues, I'll play anyone who is needed (except for Roadhog).

Also, yes I do have and use a mic.

Jellie

Lol thanks. My dps is not anywhere near Anne's but I can def hold my own if I play smart. Unfortunately that isn't always the case :/ I'll let you know though.

Yep, for better or for worse :/

Who do you play apart from reinhardt? Got lectures tomorrow morning so probably can't watch anyway.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I don't usually love Flame (he does ok analysis from time to time but eh mostly) but he brings up a great point about the zen buffs, is that there's absolutely zero counterplay to zen discord anymore. You could position yourself behind rein/winston shield back then or you could get zarya to bubble you and then you can hide behind shields, but now nothing can stop it. NOTHING. Not even zarya bubble because there's zero cooldown on discord so why should zen care? And you just blew an important CD for basically nothing.

It's going to push the game in a very one dimensional way whereas now is the most diverse overwatch has been. And I'm not saying this as a salty ana main because I'm fine going back to zen.

MKIL65

It's going to push the game in a very one dimensional way whereas now is the most diverse overwatch has been.

Better than watching 500-600 HP classes having a drawn out fight, because they get constantly healed.

With no risks at all. Going 3-4 tank seems more one dimensional to me. Coming from someone that mainly plays Roadhog.

Better than watching 500-600 HP classes having a drawn out fight, because they get constantly healed.

With no risks at all. Going 3-4 tank seems more one dimensional to me. Coming from someone that mainly plays Roadhog.

Two groups waltzing around getting heals until ults are built up ZzzZZzzz

Mainly tanks (Zarya main, Rein, Winston), Support (Lucio main, Mercy) and Pharah/Mei as DPS. I do OK with the rest of the cast, but if we're talking silver/gold leagues, I'll play anyone who is needed (except for Roadhog).

Also, yes I do have and use a mic.

Nice :)

We are in range, but our average is around 2500 which is still really bad. Need one or two more to have a decent base team composition, and pray that the randoms are at least trying.

Prelude.

I absolutely despise arcade at the moment. Mystery Heroes, no one on point, 15 gold medals, fuck it, let's go 1v1, the game gives me pro Tracer/Gengus in master.

Skii

But that's not what the game is like right now. I haven't seen triple tank in my placement games whereas I used to see it quite frequently during season 3. Now you see 2 DPS with a lot of Pharahs, Genjis and Soldiers. And in the pro scene it seems to be very diverse outside of Ana (who's getting nerfed).

The zen and Winston buffs can definitely be considered as too much because nerfing Ana is indirectly a buff to both of them already.

Who do you play apart from reinhardt? Got lectures tomorrow morning so probably can't watch anyway.

Tank Main - mostly Rein, Winston, Zarya. I can play Hog and D.Va pretty well also. I can fill with Lucio at any point, though nothing instills quite the same helplessness of playing Lucio. Also have a decent Mercy and Ana, and can run soldier/reaper/pharah/torb if necessary as well.

But let'a be honest, no one wants to play tanks most of the time. So just tanks lol.

Nimby

Banned
Bastion is no more again on PC? Kind of a bummer, I think Bastion comps deserve a place but it seems his 5 seconds of fame are up.

Jellie

Had some games against gaffers just now in QP.

When a gaffer is on the other team so you solo ult them. Sorry Heropon :p

Hacking Skii during dragonblade>hacking reinhardt

Tank Main - mostly Rein, Winston, Zarya. I can play Hog and D.Va pretty well also. I can fill with Lucio at any point, though nothing instills quite the same helplessness of playing Lucio. Also have a decent Mercy and Ana, and can run soldier/reaper/pharah/torb if necessary as well.

But let'a be honest, no one wants to play tanks most of the time. So just tanks lol.

Probably watch it tomorrow if you archive it. Wanna watch zarya and winston.

Kenai

I don't usually love Flame (he does ok analysis from time to time but eh mostly) but he brings up a great point about the zen buffs, is that there's absolutely zero counterplay to zen discord anymore. You could position yourself behind rein/winston shield back then or you could get zarya to bubble you and then you can hide behind shields, but now nothing can stop it. NOTHING. Not even zarya bubble because there's zero cooldown on discord so why should zen care? And you just blew an important CD for basically nothing.

It's going to push the game in a very one dimensional way whereas now is the most diverse overwatch has been. And I'm not saying this as a salty ana main because I'm fine going back to zen.

Just give it a CD if it becomes a problem. one and done.

Skii

From my PoV it shows I meleed you just before the dash. Shouldn't have taken damage :(

But for me I dashed during reflect so I shouldn't have taken any damage. Probably should've dashed earlier to ensure no netcode bullshit but oh well.

Vitanimus

I have no idea why I play solo queue as Sombra and Mercy... why are the most fun characters on the game so reliant on their team to get shit done. :(

antitrop

Got in a QP game with Kolorblind

yw8DdCI.png

There really is no such thing as elo hell. Good players will climb. I went on a really bad losing streak like I was losing 100+ per match towards the end of it (playing in a big group with lesser skilled friends) and fell to a rank lower than I've ever been.(2200)

And I climbed back to 3000 in 2 days all solo/duo queue.(instalocking DPS or Roadhog)

Hopefully I can get to Masters soon.

I'm so ready for Zen buff/dive meta. I main Tracer and play a lot of Genji too. This will be a great meta for me.

Ana nerf makes me sad though because when I have to play healer, she's the only support I enjoy playing. The grenade nerf was probably needed, but the rifle damage nerf seems like overkill.

Kenai

They would have to redesign one of the trophies around that.

Have they done that before?

I honestly love the orb going though shields (maybe I won't see Rein every game ever now) but at this point I think giving it a CD is fair to offset it. Then it would have at least as much counterplay as the average head shot or shield wall.

Jellie

Those updates seem fair. Good to see they don't just push them to live without tweaking. Discord past barriers was way too good.

Veelk

Banned
Wait, Ana's getting her bionade back?

Why? It's literally her biggest asset. If they felt they nerfed her too hard, revert her damage, but Ana being effectively a 300hp hero has always been bullshit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom