• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT8| Our love will last Pharah-ver

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, fuck that.

TBH I'd rather them leave the grenade nerf how it was but buff her damage per shot back to 80.

Wait, Ana's getting her bionade back?

Why? It's literally her biggest asset. If they felt they nerfed her too hard, revert her damage, but Ana being effectively a 300hp hero has always been bullshit.
I don't mind it. 😏

i might be biased

Prelude.

What!? Are they trying to say 50hp of self-healing every 10 seconds wasn't a good idea? That's shocking.

Melee damage on the grenade wasn't great, but it wasn't as stupid as the self-heal.

Veelk

Banned
I don't mind it. 😏

i might be biased

I just can't understand blizzard. They made no chances to Bastion after being told over and over that he was OP in the PTR. But now they back off and revert their changes after, like, a day.

Blizzard: Hey guys, guess what? You know now Ana's ridiculously OP with that healing nade? Well, we just fixed that.
Fanbase: Oh, cool, it seems a bit much but mayb-
Blizzard: OKAY, OKAY, PLEASE CALM DOWN, WE'RE REVERTING IT, GAWD

Jellie

image_new2.jpg

Need a friendship regain with Ana. Now Ana and Zen, both are my best friend.

maomaoIYP

They finally iterated on PTR. What a day.

Never thought this would happen too. What a time to be alive.
Discord through barrier was way too OP, but Zen's weapon spread was pretty much a non-issue if you ask me. It's super easy for a defending Zen to land all 5 M2 balls on a Widow sniping from the top of the spawn point of Kings row point A.

MartyStu

Ana

I still think a light Nerf to nade recharge or dart range is not uncalled for, but this approach may work with current Mercy and Buffed Zen.

Ana can no longer be on Widow/Pharah duty. That immediately legitimizes Zen. Plus Mercy is actually really good right now with that crazy invuln.

Ana will still have a harder time with flankers, but she won't be completely relying on sleep dart.

I actually just lost the most hilarious competitive game I've ever had.

Play on Gibraltar. Run the single worst offense I've ever seen because we have a trio of... just really, really bad players. No clue what they are doing, honestly. Barely get the cart under the camel hump.

We end up on defense. Our triple que of all tank players have chosen their tanks of choice, again. I'm a little annoyed, but I've had plenty of games where the enemy team shits the bed just as much on offense so I wasn't too worried. Just to clarify with my team though, I say "Just remember, goal of the first area is to get a little ult charge and ping damage before falling back to server room." Enemy team runs Bastion. Our Rein waits until the get to the corner before trying to charge off high ground, head first into a Bastion. Dies. Rest of the tanks jump in - they die. Lose the game. But it was one of those "So dumb you have to laugh" moments so that took some of the sting out of it.

I mean, I literally just told them not to do what they did.

AbaFadi

Banned
I still think Ana's grenade needs a slight nerf. Maybe not as hard as the initial nerf, but it's still way too good for someone who has that much utility. I honestly thought the initial nerf was fair.

Kenai

4 Golds and Legendary vote in a random QP solo tanking as D. Va. Yep, I still like her, even if I feel like Zarya works better in general play for me.

Guess Rein and Ana aren't going anywhere anytime soon. Zzz

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Ana had the biggest changes in this patch, and upon testing, feedback, and talking about it a ton internally, we decided to pull back on the nerfs a bit for this patch. The damage reduction on her weapon is significant, but if this ends up not being enough we can re-visit some further tuning. We don't want to swing her balance too wildly within a single patch.
'we dont want to swing balance wildly within a single patch'

hqdefault.jpg

i'd also love to hear whose feedback they got

Geneijin

Ana

I still think a light Nerf to nade recharge or dart range is not uncalled for, but this approach may work with current Mercy and Buffed Zen.

Ana can no longer be on Widow/Pharah duty. That immediately legitimizes Zen. Plus Mercy is actually really good right now with that crazy invuln.

Ana will still have a harder time with flankers, but she won't be completely relying on sleep dart.
I think people are missing the other change mentioned:

We just pushed out a new build with some more changes to test out:

Sombra
Hack
Hacked healthpacks can now be seen through walls for her allies.

Zenyatta
Orb of Destruction
Weapon spread removed.

We also have another build in the works, that will probably hit some time tomorrow. This build will include these changes:

Ana
Biotic Grenade
Impact damage and healing reverted to live values

Zenyatta
Orb of Discord
Targeting through barriers has been reverted

- https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20753516591

Sombra's hacked health packs being visible through walls to teammates is what I've been hoping for. Gonna be a huge, hopefully great patch when all of this hits console.

Nimby

Banned
i'd also love to hear whose feedback they got

Probably no ones. They've said it's hard to gain data before because of the PTR population, but apparently got enough this time to decide it was a change worth reverting after like 2(?) days.

Like I don't care at this point. This character has been dominating the game for months, Zen and Mercy have been moved to very niche roles because Ana just eclipses them. Really should have just let the nerf go through and fix whatever they needed to in another patch. Bastion was OP for like 5 days, Ana has been OP since August.

And then you've got Lucio...

pizzacat

Banned
Y'all really gonna complain about bliss FINALLY doing something in the pre and it doesn't go live as is

Ana was still gonna be used with or without the nerfs

LiK

Basically for me, if we're struggling we should switch to mains so we don't lose especially against stacks. I hate losing against stacks.

MartyStu

Given it some more thought, and I definitely think nade needs to be addressed in some fashion. I think the previous nerf + 60% anti-heal + 3 Second Enhanced-heal on a 5 second recharge?

Nimby

Banned
Y'all really gonna complain about bliss FINALLY doing something in the pre and it doesn't go live as is

Ana was still gonna be used with or without the nerfs

They have done this numerous times before though. Only this time they've done it without really giving us time to test.

And the Ana nerfs "apparently" made her unplayable, according to the trustworthy, open-minded users on the b.net forums.

Forget what I've said about NA teams being better than people are giving them credit for after that last game in the Carbon series. All hail our Korean overlords.

MG310

"We need Rein and Bastion...Bastion is so OP right now"

Spend entire Gibraltar attack running straight out the front door at the Bastion.

I-hate-u

I really wish they leave Ana the way she is in live. Nerfing her means more Mercy play, which sucks because imo resurrection is absolutely the worst mechanic in the game. Mercy is already in 90% of my games and I am sick of it.

Whether she is on the enemy team and gets her 5 man rez, or she is on our team and dies before rez-ing, it always leaves me SALTY.

komaruR

during our stack, we kept getting some godly tracer on the other team. the harass was real D:
i did return their favor against the ana tho lol
out of curiousty i was checking what sr they was. seems like the games are putting us on low diamond and occasionally a master/gm comes in lol

LiK

I was being focused on by both that Genji and Pharah in that 3-stack when I was Soldier. Couldn't get a damn shot without being killed. Man, that tilted me pretty hard, tbh lol

LiK

Zen being able to snipe is excellent. Hope it goes live.

I need you guys to do you placements with your main accounts so we can do some Comp.

MartyStu

Zen being able to snipe is excellent. Hope it goes live.

I need you guys to do you placements with your main accounts so we can do some Comp.

Me too. Despite Ana literally having a sniper rifle, Zen as a sniper makes a lot more sense. He is the 'DPS Support' after all.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
They have done this numerous times before though. Only this time they've done it without really giving us time to test.

And the Ana nerfs "apparently" made her unplayable, according to the trustworthy, open-minded users on the b.net forums.

As long as she can heal from range, AE Heal, and Sleep. She will be used still. She could be damage-less, but her support kit is the best with Zen's.

I'm not sure I can play this game anymore unless I can find a good/reliable dps to group up with. I just can't do everything as Reinhardt and its frustrating as hell.

just tired of joining games where the other pharah is fucking invincible, or mercy gets ignored until we wipe them and she rezzes them. its literally the same shit over and over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom