• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT8| Our love will last Pharah-ver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
That was not the nerf I would have reverted for ana. Grenade needed a nerf, her damage kinda too but not to that extent.

Also I think the feedback they got from pros was that the zen change was way too powerful.

nice, finally start winning a match and a guy leaves, and comes back right at the end because he had "a blackout"

God literally wants me to just fail at this game

On alt account with friends, at Diamond, Gold player in Lobby tries to tell me I can't run Tracer against enemy comp because they have Bastion and Hanzo.

???

it is fun for me to figure out where I am weakest. Working and seeing that improvement is immensely satisfying. And the fact that you can have moments where you realize you were almost playing the character wrong with how you were limiting yourself and your options is something amazing when you finally start to have them.

Playing rein on a basic level is boring. But playing him for self-improvement is almost nirvana.

He is really amazing like that. Plus the Rein on Rein matchup is the most chess-like among the mirror confrontations (it's a cliche for a reason, in this case) and really adds a layer to his play. Rein is fun when I just want to blow off some steam in QP and block for my teammates, and in Comp, when you have to make some pretty big decisions on how your team is going to play a situation.

Plus his passive, defensive stance transitioning to sudden, aggressive, nightmare-level violence is unique in Overwatch.

On alt account with friends, at Diamond, Gold player in Lobby tries to tell me I can't run Tracer against enemy comp because they have Bastion and Hanzo.

???

Against those two, you have to worry about blind scatter arrows as well as Bastion catching you without recall.

It can be done, but it's a bit rough.

So to start my night I had a match with a Diamond smurf deranking to plat to play with friends. But he decides he likes us and doesn't throw, but plays Widow all game and barely contributes.

He told us he'd wait ten minutes to queue to help us out lol.

I then proceed to basically go 50/50 for the next two hours due to people tossing away wins by practicing heroes they've never played before.

Ugh. At least I'm at 2650 or so now but like, it's so frustrating to lose matches we shouldn't lose because people don't listen.

"Roadhog on the top right, watch out."

*Dies to Roadhog*

"Genji kill the Mercy when I grav and we got this."

*Genji focuses Winston, Mercy Rez*

Ugh.

Plus his passive, defensive stance transitioning to sudden, aggressive, nightmare-level violence is unique in Overwatch.

Or your Zarya refuses to bubble your charges, the enemy McCree flashbangs over your shield, and there's a Pharah keeping you out of position and your team constantly blames you when all you can do is sit there and decide who you want to die to.

Man fuck tonight's matches, some of the worst shit ever.

I did talk a ateam back from an 0-2 on Oasis and we won it 3-2 easily, but like why the fuck do I have to baby idiots who tilt at the hero select scren?

You don't play Rein on silver unless you're in a group. No one is going to use your shield.

Exception being defense with good choke points. And pray that your teammates don't go spawn camping.

They literally always do at that level. "Group up!" might as well be "Kill them where they sleep!" as far as my Silver compatriots are concerned. And then comes the steamroll. Who could have possibly seen that coming? It ain't easy being a large, angry German man at times.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
1st game me matched with a 5 stack against a 6 stack, 5 stack isn't quite up for the task. Lose.

2nd game a stack of 2 and another stack of 3, the two stack spends the whole game telling each other what the other did wrong. Lose.

3rd game a stack of 4 this time the Zarya on my team experiences hardware failure. Lose.

No more stacks Blizzard. no more stacks

Down from 3011(which I had just gotten back up to yesterday) to 2933.

They reverted the Ana changes already? I mean...good on them for using the PTR for what it's worth but those changes were what needed to be done to change the meta.

I can see discord going through barriers being too good so I'm fine with them reverting it, I guess. But Zen having no weapon spread is gonna be sweeeeet.

Sande

Are they just not aware that the nade could be nerfed by less than half? "Oh gee, 50% reduction is too harsh, better not do anything about it then."

I can't.

Azoor

So I played a game as a Lucio where I spent about 2 minutes trying to save myself from a fall in Nepal.

I didn't think it was possible, but I eventually saved myself!

Only to be thrown out again by a Pharah.

I don't even think they were out of line with the change as it was. Being the most effective healer in the game whose only limitation is LOS coupled with high utility abilites and also having a squirrely hitbox. She could stand to be fragile. If they want to keep the grenade as-is they should knock her down to 150hp.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
dude spends whole game bitching about our mei who wouldn't switch, tilting himself in the process we lose and at the end he goes: "the trolls tho"

QcuTbwl.gif

What's this about Zen spread? Never noticed anything like it, just tested now shooting a wall in practice range and the shot marks are all on the same spot. What am I missing?

They reverted the Ana changes already? I mean...good on them for using the PTR for what it's worth but those changes were what needed to be done to change the meta.

I can see discord going through barriers being too good so I'm fine with them reverting it, I guess. But Zen having no weapon spread is gonna be sweeeeet.

The meta is in a pretty diverse spot as things stand. Orisa being introduced might change the meta enough even without changes to other characters at the exact same time as a new hero drops. :l

ISOM

What's this about Zen spread? Never noticed anything like it, just tested now shooting a wall in practice range and the shot marks are all on the same spot. What am I missing?

It's when you're moving your cursor. It comes out slightly differently so it can be hard when you're trying to track or switch from multiple targets to aim consistently the same way. It doesn't do that if you're just aiming in one spot and not moving.

It's a pretty decent buff to Zen.

MartyStu

I don't even think they were out of line with the change as it was. Being the most effective healer in the game whose only limitation is LOS coupled with high utility abilites and also having a squirrely hitbox. She could stand to be fragile. If they want to keep the grenade as-is they should knock her down to 150hp.

That would be pretty horrible. Much more severe than the reverted nerf.

It's when you're moving your cursor. It comes out slightly differently so it can be hard when you're trying to track or switch from multiple targets to aim consistently the same way. It doesn't do that if you're just aiming in one spot and not moving.

It's a pretty decent buff to Zen.

Thx. Hopefully I will notice the difference, any buffs to Zen are a good thing for me.

That would be pretty horrible. Much more severe than the reverted nerf.
Would stop all the "but I need 4 grenades to self-heal!" complaints, heh. I just don't see the justification in her having 300 effective HP in her current state.

Her summer skins are the only really good ones imo. Rave Zarya is about the ugliest shit in Overwatch.
I sincerely hope they iterate on the summer version of her as it's sort of a pseudo-origin skin for her. Her others are abominations.

Cappa

Banned
Nice :)

We are in range, but our average is around 2500 which is still really bad. Need one or two more to have a decent base team composition, and pray that the randoms are at least trying.
Don't worry about decay.... You get like 100sr for wins if it ever decays!

We also, I think, can get a good stack going if we just play a few games together most of us were near or in master/Grandmaster range last season.

Owzers rein is really great and his mercy I'm sure has gotten better.

Batman was an awesome Zen and he's really vocal calling things out which I like.

I run a mean Mei, have gotten really good with bastion, and can play a really great Lucio.

Biscuit is really great at DPS, tank and support

Same with you like Biscuit you can play alot of different roles really well.

Optimus who got to grandmaster ran a crazy good Roadhog

This is my ideal 6 simply based on sr rank, play styles, and playing time with you guys. I'm missing lots of other gaffers too.

The only thing is that unfortunately we are in different time zones so it's hard for us to group up at the same time but if we make some sort of effort I don't see why we cant win games in ranked. Each one of us plays heroes and roles well and different from each other. We have two great DPS players, two great tank players, and two great flex players.

frye

as an ana abuser the last few months i think a 100 hp heal / 30 damage / 50% antiheal nade would be fine and fair

MG310

Off the cliff today. 4-9-1. Down 125 to 2547.

Really fucking terrible Eichenwald and Dorado to close out the night.

Eichenwald - After the first point fell Rein and I went out to try to contest at the first corner after the door. We took out a couple of them but I noticed after I died that the rest of our team was just content to sit by the 2nd checkpoint door and let them move it 90% of the way uncontested.

Dorado - Reinhardt who won't stop spamming group up/need healing even though he consistently away from the payload fighting (and losing to) the other Rein.

The rest of us got absolutely crushed by Bastion/Hanzo/Zarya/Torb/Mercy on the rooftops around the first archway.

papasmurf1038

Neo Member
Slowly pushing through solo queue Diamond despite encountering way more toxic players and throwers than any other season so far. Hopefully Winston's bubble buff can carry me to Master when it finally goes live.

Yeah I don't play Rein a ton, but his ability to switch on a dime between offense and defense is super fun. So much of every push depends upon his decision-making though, can be pretty stressful to play him for long stretches.

Zen Aku

the spread change is better. his shots were always weirdly inconsistent in a way nobody else's were.
As a Zen main in S3, I agree. Your shots never really land where you think it's supposed to. Unless you're at pro level.

I can live without the barrier discord if it mean I can be pin point accurate now.

Sande

So they decided not to do anything to Ana huh?

Lol.
The primary fire damage nerf wasn't reverted.

I don't understand why that specifically is what they're keeping. I'd rather have Blizzard address the actually problematic parts of her kit but apparently they have a dartboard for figuring these things out.

ricelord

I don't understand why that specifically is what they're keeping. I'd rather have Blizzard address the actually problematic parts of her kit but apparently they have a dartboard for figuring these things out.
They have Ana as the number 1 healer for at least another 6 months.

Ghazi

The Zen discord revert hurts.

Nah, it would've been too powerful and eventually nerfed again anyway. I think removing the spread is a good change and he really should've been that way from the start.

They're going to have to nerf Ana eventually, though, and I hope they focus on her grenade. It's pathetic that they cite not wanting her balance to swing wildly in one update when they've done that multiple times (and still haven't cleaned up the mess from last time on consoles).

_Legacy_

I did talk a ateam back from an 0-2 on Oasis and we won it 3-2 easily, but like why the fuck do I have to baby idiots who tilt at the hero select scren?

So true, I get so annoyed seeing attack Junkrats when we clearly need another dps or healer/tank. Just why? I asked a guy the other day to switch off Junk and go Rein (enemy had a Bastion) and he told me "he paid his money for the game so no one will tell him how to play". Which is fair enough if he contributed at all but of course he didn't. I don't think he even used his ult and the kicker was he had more SR than me, of course it might have been one bad game for him but man, why does it always happen when I'm on their team. The amount of times I play against an organised team and mine are all over the shop is annoying.

I'm nearly halfway getting my alt account ready for placements and will try again, there are more idiots than normal in gold this season and I've yet to find competent stacks to climb out. I'm confident I'll get placed at plat, which I know won't be much of an improvement but the team picks/comp should be better.

Are they just not aware that the nade could be nerfed by less than half? "Oh gee, 50% reduction is too harsh, better not do anything about it then."

I can't.

That's what I thought but I guess they have some reason for it. Personally I would have though that when you want to balance a character the first thing you look at are the abilities that are easiest to use. Aiming for damage requires more skill than throwing your grenade, okay, let's tweak the grenade first and see what happens :/

LiK

Don't worry about decay.... You get like 100sr for wins if it ever decays!

We also, I think, can get a good stack going if we just play a few games together most of us were near or in master/Grandmaster range last season.

Owzers rein is really great and his mercy I'm sure has gotten better.

Batman was an awesome Zen and he's really vocal calling things out which I like.

I run a mean Mei, have gotten really good with bastion, and can play a really great Lucio.

Biscuit is really great at DPS, tank and support

Same with you like Biscuit you can play alot of different roles really well.

Optimus who got to grandmaster ran a crazy good Roadhog

This is my ideal 6 simply based on sr rank, play styles, and playing time with you guys. I'm missing lots of other gaffers too.

The only thing is that unfortunately we are in different time zones so it's hard for us to group up at the same time but if we make some sort of effort I don't see why we cant win games in ranked. Each one of us plays heroes and roles well and different from each other. We have two great DPS players, two great tank players, and two great flex players.

I haven't seen you on at all. We doing any Comp or what? I'm a bit tired of running stacks in QP and Arcade tbh.

Most of the guys won't do their placements and I'm stuck unable to play Comp with anyone's main accounts.

Cappa

Banned
During the week I only play at night so anywhere between 12-4pm est time since I'm in Europe maybe later if you guys tell me you'll be on. I can play básically anytime on weekends since I don't have to work... That's when I usually get to group up with most of you guys.

LiK

During the week I only play at night so anywhere between 12-4pm est time since I'm in Europe maybe later if you guys tell me you'll be on. I can play básically anytime on weekends since I don't have to work... That's when I usually get to group up with most of you guys.

12-4pm est... I'm at work. Maybe the weekends then.

One thing's for sure, I'm starting to get tilted too easily from the Widow one shots and pokes from Genji in QP now. Probably gonna go back to playing D.va more again to counter and kick their puny asses with her.

And even then....lol.

You pretty much hit the nail in the head.

Anne

You may not know it, but you want 100% antiheal in the game. I promise you that's something you want in the game. They should still take the damage away from it though.

I just think they know if they nerf Ana significantly they're kicking out the legs of most of their current userbase, so rather than do that all at once in a big patch anyways they'll let her be a bit longer with just a gun nerf.

Filben

You may not know it, but you want 100% antiheal in the game. I promise you that's something you want in the game.
Absolutely! Since that's what the game changer was when they introduced her and makes the game more dynamic. If it wasn't for the 100% antiheal you would be like "what the heck, I heal slower but I heal anyway. Everybody's gonna be a bit cautious please, while I heal you with Lucio's speed". With 100% antiheal Ana's kit has way more impact like Roadhog's hook that's NOT only about repositioning the enemy but to instant kill him in 9 out of 10 hooks. Yes, that grenade is pretty strong but a thrown grenade on the enemy team is always a missed heal grenade on your own team. You have to be cautious around Ana and make her top priority. That's that.

I wouldn't mind for them taking the damage off the grenade, but 100% antiheal is a must. That's one reason what makes her fun to play. A Sombra's hack only disabling one ability wouldn't be much fun either.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
You may not know it, but you want 100% antiheal in the game. I promise you that's something you want in the game. They should still take the damage away from it though.

I just think they know if they nerf Ana significantly they're kicking out the legs of most of their current userbase, so rather than do that all at once in a big patch anyways they'll let her be a bit longer with just a gun nerf.

Really? The current userbase seems to want to chop her legs off. They barely raised an eyebrow to that insane zen buff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom