• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT8| Our love will last Pharah-ver

Status
Not open for further replies.

RemiLP

I dont really understand the zen buff. Never really cared that his shots were not 100% acurate since you have to lead your shots most of the time anyway. He fires projectiles and they have a pretty big hitbox. Myabe you need much better aim than me for it to mather?

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I'm talking about the (now reverted) zen discord buff.

Barely heard a peep about it compared to ana.

Also the winston buff is still super scary.

Anne

Some good things about antiheal:

There's no "real" counterplay to healing as it is in the current game which is actually a huge problem. Something does exist to stop that which is awesome.

It feels good to use and is very clearly communicated to even the newest players somethign is going on that is more than just a numbers change. It's interesting and easy to wrap your head around.

Some bad things about healing nade:

The best counterplay to healing in the game is attached exclusively to the best healer in the game. What.?

In it's current iteration it feels like shit to get hit by more than it should. You want things to exist that trigger an "oh shit" moment where players need to make a quick decision how to handle it. It's interesting on both sides. Losing out 60HP is a ton on a large AoE, and in most situations the 60HP chunk is enough to get them to bail.

Why having antiheal at % is bad:

The clear communication of how the ability works is gone. The powerful and good feeling of using it goes down by a lot because:

Now a new counterplay ot the nade is just to heal nuke whatever got hit by it, and we all know even if you make that thing take away 90% of healing another Ana + a Zen orb would keep a 200HP hero alive through fights still. Counterplay to nade already exists, making counterplay boil down to "hurr durr have more numbers" is shit. This is why barriers are kinda shitty atm btw.

That's just how I see it. I think taking the damage from heal nade down to 30 is the right move still rather than fucking with the antiheal itself. The 100HP heal burst can also use a tweak, but I get that self heal is important. I saw an idea to make the 100HP tick up over a second or so rather than be at 100. I think that might work? Only real problem I have with that is it feels less "bursty" and impactful against things like ults.

Really? The current userbase seems to want to chop her legs off. They barely raised an eyebrow to that insane zen buff.

The current userbase needs to be weened off her rather than just have her swing around and Zen come out a monster because they don't know any better. I fully expect her to actually eat a grenade nerf at some point, but doing it right when they are buffing Mercy/Zen and to an extent Winston is kinda eh.

Could make it so that the nade's heal burst is variable depending of if Ana uses it on herself or an ally - with herself getting healed the full 100 and the allies 50 or whatever.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Do you need ana to feel more impactful than she already is though? :p

I was fine with the nade nerf honestly. She should be easier than she is now to be picked off by flankers. Even with the nerf the nade is still a powerful anti-flank tool, and she still has sleep dart.

Vitanimus

I understand the logic behind reverting the changes but can't say I'm not disappointed. Games felt really good in PTR where Ana didn't feel completely necessary to win, or not be afraid to bully the enemy Ana without risk of total domination.

Anne

I mean, if you take away the antiheal and her damage (her gun damage def needs to go away) I think she'll feel shitty to anybody not already p good with the hero. It sounds kind of stupid, but you want some things in your game to naturally feel strong like her. Note feel strong, not exactly be strong. She's def too good, but yeah.

I def think the damage nerf to the nade was fine, and even the healing nerf to it was fine too. Taking away the "oh shit" button from people at this point though will just cause mass people to drop her due to perception that it feels 100x worse even if it's still totally viable.

To be blunt about it, you want your scrubs to go "oh this isn't so bad" when it comes time to cut a character's legs off so they at least try to use it for awhile rather than drop it en masse.

Ambient80

I sincerely hope they iterate on the summer version of her as it's sort of a pseudo-origin skin for her. Her others are abominations.

Eh, I like her "Siberian" skins with her big furry hat and such. I just think it's "epic" level instead of "legendary". But yeah the others are not good. Thing is, I'm not even sure what they could give her that would be better.

You may not know it, but you want 100% antiheal in the game. I promise you that's something you want in the game. They should still take the damage away from it though.

I just think they know if they nerf Ana significantly they're kicking out the legs of most of their current userbase, so rather than do that all at once in a big patch anyways they'll let her be a bit longer with just a gun nerf.
I think it's a good idea but not wth that damage.

Geneijin

Make Biotic Grenade heal for 100, anti-heal, and do no damage at all. That way Ana can't burst down a Genji in 2 shots and a nade like before or wombo combo a sleeping Tracer with shot, nade, and melee. I still feel Ana's damage should be closer to 65-70 though. Can't necessarily 3 shot anymore, but she can support fire.

Veelk

Banned
Honestly, I wish they'd just had waited more than, like, a day before deciding it was too much. PTR already has a difficult time testing things accurately but there is no way they could have accurately assessed Ana in 24 hours that people played her on there in that condition.

Skii

I don't know why they couldn't keep the nerfs and just make the grenade heal Ana for 100 instead of 50. It's not like they have a problem creating rules for individual characters. I'd actually prefer the grenade nerf than the damage nerf because I really don't want Pharah to become completely dominant until master level where the McCrees are actually good.

Saying it again, if Blizz allowed me to move just my shit over (skins, emotes, etc) from PS4 to PC, I'd buy the PC version in a heartbeat.

Even as is, I almost want to do it just to play the different game feel. Particularly with McCree. I used to only run Deagle in CS for a while. His gun's timing feels pretty close.

Veelk

Banned
Saying it again, if Blizz allowed me to move just my shit over (skins, emotes, etc) from PS4 to PC, I'd buy the PC version in a heartbeat.

Even as is, I almost want to do it just to play the different game feel. Particularly with McCree. I used to only run Deagle in CS for a while. His gun's timing feels pretty close.

I think it's BS they don't do this because there's not a real practical way to get some things again. Any holiday skins, you have to wait a year before you can get them again (assuming they make them available in again in the first place).

Paltheos

I hopped on PTR last night to try out Zen and Ana before their buffs/nerfs are reverted. New Discord is satisfying, and Ana still feels pretty strong although the toned down nerf is... probably for the best. The concern that she provides too much utility to also be able to take flankers in a 1v1 fight and contribute to fights in general has some merit imo. Toning down the rifle alone seems like a smart move across all skill levels. I had been a little concerned about how that particular grenade nerf would have been received at lower levels of the game. Most of it might have been ok, but the killer for the idea is Ana herself being limited to 50 self heal every 10 seconds. Maybe somewhere in the middle is best for all this, and I'm def. open to another grenade nerf, but I think incremental changes are the best, so just the rifle for now is fine.

Edit: I'm gonna miss this Zen. Shame I only got to try him for a few games. I'll test out no spread alt-fire though!

Still needs at least 20 sec. Translocator timer. I am not sure why are they pretending like that's not the problem at all.

i feel like increasing that would encourage the sort of flaky sombra play that has a limit on how useful it is

seems like they want her to be more aggressive, what with putting it on 4 secs

Still needs at least 20 sec. Translocator timer. I am not sure why are they pretending like that's not the problem at all.
I don't feel that's an issue at all. In fact, I think the 15s is pretty finely balanced to let you do one thing with impact (key pick, key hack) before bailing. 20s would let me gank both healers semi-frequently.

Sombra's biggest problem continues to be that she requires a high level of coordination and teamwork, and she's still, at heart, an ult bot.

But the combination of all her buffs to date puts her in a pretty fun place in terms of being able to rapidly juggle cooldowns. It's just always going to be hard to pick her over a Tracer or Genji in terms of direct, precise burst damage against key targets.

Oh and hack is still kinda middling against a bunch of heroes with good left-clicks. It could still use some additional visual/HUD distortion effect that makes it a little scarier for the likes of Hanzo or McCree.

Jellie

Sombra feels good to play right now. She just needs time for people to start picking her up and mybe little QoL buffs like the one she just got. Any major buff will make her OP.

aeolist

Banned
as a rein/zarya player i'm excited to see more good sombras on my team so i can ult without fear

i am also terrified to see more good sombras on the other team because getting hacked is death to both of those characters

aeolist

Banned
not sure if this was posted: https://twitter.com/lukekarmali/status/839748205415923712

C6diijAWMAA3Rcz.jpg

symmetra is autistic. not really shocking i guess.

Jellie

as a rein/zarya player i'm excited to see more good sombras on my team so i can ult without fear

i am also terrified to see more good sombras on the other team because getting hacked is death to both of those characters
Yeah Sombra is really good against most of the popular picks. The mind games is great. Start hacking a zarya and she'll pop her bubble getting herself no charge while you still have your hack ready.
Sombra buffs just means more headaches for Tracer/Genji mains
I hope she will be a good counter for dive. I suspect she will. Also good against tank heavy lineups and in dive comp. Very flexible.

hypernima

Banned
I haven't seen you on at all. We doing any Comp or what? I'm a bit tired of running stacks in QP and Arcade tbh.

Most of the guys won't do their placements and I'm stuck unable to play Comp with anyone's main accounts.

I'm only about 500 pts below you on my main though.

LiK

It makes me wanna learn Sombra more, that's for sure. I like her kit but her previous CDs were annoying and it seems all these minor changes will help my own playstyle more.

I'm only about 500 pts below you on my main though.

I'm talking about having a 6-stack with the Gaffers who haven't done placements at all.

hypernima

Banned
It makes me wanna learn Sombra more, that's for sure. I like her kit but her previous CDs were annoying and it seems all these minor changes will help my own playstyle more.

I'm talking about having a 6-stack with the Gaffers who haven't done placements at all.

Ohh. Do you prefer 6 stack comps?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom